Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
441. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 07:28:17 (Válasz Twinky #436 hozzászólására.)
Twinky, sports are for fun, fitness, bettering yourself, and learning discipline. Martial arts are combat to the soldiers lets say who are trained mainly for that purpose but to the general public are fitness, fun or even a way to relax! So sport covers the wider aspect of martial arts, not the combat part only. After all, dont tell me you believe that all who study these arts they are doing it solely to get better at combating others!
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
442. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 08:12:30 (Válasz stekkos #432 hozzászólására.)
martial arts can b a hobby as well...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
443. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 10:01:37
When was Michael Jackson's album: Bad released?

Besides unnecessary punctuation, the correct answer of 1987 was not a choice.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
444. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 14:45:59
Idézet: Alatus - 2010.02.14. 21:00:17
Uh, this is regarding a glitch of sorts, and I'm not quite sure where to put it...

Lately I've been encountering something that's rather irritating. I'll be answering the questions for hunting and I'll put in the answer I now is right for sure and it says Wrong Answer: The correct answer is ... and the given answer won't be one of the choices. Like I answered the question "Albumin is a substance found in__________" with the answer eggs (know that's right beyond a doubt.) and it said "Wrong Answer! The Correct answer is: 'Canada'". Which isn't even one of the option...

I'm not sure if it's just skipping questions or what. Any help is appreciated. Or redirect me to an appropriate section.

Sometimes the server (or the connection) doesn’t seem to respond, but it’s just irritatingly slow. If you click a second time because of no response, sometimes you get this result: you answer not only one, but two questions at a time, however you haven’t even seen the second question.

Which pagan German epic poem was recorded by the Christians?
The Song of the Nibelungs
Kalevala
Odyssey
The Knight in the Panther Skin

I think it’s not that hard, because only one of these is German and it’s quite famous because of the operas of Wagner.

What is the largest city of Poland?

I think this question has a bad answer marked.

I don’t understand, according to the database the answer is still Warsaw.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
445. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 15:29:38 (Válasz Hatsepsut #444 hozzászólására.)
Then I can't understant either! I wrote the fresh facts I saw just 3 minutes earlyer and ctrl-c it,cause i wasn't sure first... The suprising answer came yust after that! So now what? Am i starting to hallucinate?
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
446. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 20:51:59 (Válasz stekkos #441 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.02.15. 07:28:17
Twinky, sports are for fun, fitness, bettering yourself, and learning discipline. Martial arts are combat to the soldiers lets say who are trained mainly for that purpose but to the general public are fitness, fun or even a way to relax! So sport covers the wider aspect of martial arts, not the combat part only. After all, dont tell me you believe that all who study these arts they are doing it solely to get better at combating others!

Actually, I do think that everyone who studies Martial Arts does so to better themselves should they need to fight anyone. As a matter of fact, even in the definition of Martial Arts http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Martial+Arts the words Self Defense, and Combat are used to describe it.

It doesn't matter if someone intends to use what it is that they know in a fight or not, what they are participating in, is an education in a method of defending ones self against an attacker, or to go on the offense yourself.

I will conseed...conceed (SP?) that SOME forms of Martial Arts have been turned into a Sport, but I can assure you that what they do in a ring, often does not reflect the actual Martial Arts in it's entirety such as Kick Bocking, the crap you can see on TV and that Chuck Norris (I'm sorry Mr Norris I did not mean to ofend thee, don't roundhouse kick me into the next life if you are reading this) is known for having Championed, is not Muai Thai Kickboxing, which is insanly more brutal, including the use of headbutts and elbow strikes, manuvers that are, in the "Sport" of Kickboxing, illligal. The same can be said for Sumo-Wrestling, which has about as much in common with actual Sumo-Wrestling, as WWE Wrestling does with Collage Wrestling.
much likedAdoraBelle
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
447. hozzászólás - 2010.02.16. 02:23:57
The answer to when does the Mayan calendar end is incorrect. It doesn't end, that is a misconception. It starts a new cycle.
Pontszám: 6
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
448. hozzászólás - 2010.02.16. 10:06:15
This question needs to be fixed to be more specific

What is Beckham's first name ?

Diego
Wayne
Garry
David

I believe they want the soccer/football star david beckham, but the way it is worded it could hold true all answers. I am quite positive I could find a person by all those first names with that last name, most by scrolling through a london phone book. There should be something in the question to differentiate which Beckham they are talking about.
Pontszám: 5.50
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
449. hozzászólás - 2010.02.16. 17:04:10
Someone asked the question about Killer Whales and how they got their name. The four options given (if I remember rightly and apologies if I get this wrong) were humans, other whales, seals and shoot, I can't think of the other option. The answer given by the author of the question was seals. This is totally wrong. The whale was given the title Killer Whale because Spanish seaman observed the whales attacking other whales. This can be checked on wiki!!
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
450. hozzászólás - 2010.02.16. 19:32:51
Have had two quiz questions that had wrong answers:

"Who Explored America in 1492", the answer is Christopher Columbus, he did however not explore the Americas, he found some islands in the Mexican gulf in 1492, and later explored some of the surrounding waters, and attempted to establish colonies on Hispaniola.

"What is a Starlet?" the answer is fish, but a starlet is a sea anemone and thus polyp not a fish.
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
451. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 08:22:13
The question was something like which home device is not using a motor. The correct answer was Fridge.
But the fridge compressor is a motor.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_fridge_compressors_made_of
averageDTymNytTym
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
452. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 11:58:20
question about who blinks more often, men or woman...

i found:
"Adults

Women and men do not differ in their rates of spontaneous blinking.[7] Generally, between each blink in intervals of 2–10 seconds; actual rates vary by individual averaging around 10 blinks per minute in a laboratory setting. However, when the eyes are focused on an object for an extended period of time, such as when reading, the rate of blinking decreases to about 3-4 times per minute. This is the major reason that eyes dry out and become fatigued when reading.

Eye blinking can be a criterion for diagnosing medical conditions. For example, excessive blinking may help to indicate the onset of Tourette syndrome, strokes or disorders of the nervous system. A reduced rate of blinking is associated with Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's patients have a distinct serpentine stare that is very recognizable." from the english wikipedia however, 'same rate' was incorrect
unpopularLichon
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
453. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 19:40:49
Eric Arthur Blair is better know by his pseudonym. Which one did he used?
George Orvell
Alfred Hitchcock
Salvador Dali
Oscar Wilde

"known" is missing its last "n".
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
454. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 20:12:45
What date does the Mayan calendar end and start a new cycle?
12/21/2012
It doesn't end.
12/12/2012
12/21/2112

There are two problems with the options here:
The date format is not universal. There are a number of different formats, two of witch looks similar: dd/mm/yyyy and mm/dd/yyyy, so the options should be: December the 12th 2012 etc.

Second problem is that the second option is correct by default, as the questions states that the calendar starts a new cycle, so it does not end, the questions should be worded:
"When does the current cycle of the Mayan calendar end?"
irritatinghunglo
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
455. hozzászólás - 2010.02.17. 20:19:59
there is an error in the question about which are warmblooded. there are 2 coreect answers given. 1- penguins.. 2- dolphins.
popularGod fiala
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
456. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 01:03:10
Someone made a question that asked, "What is the largest country in Europe?" The answer said it was Russia -.-
Russia isn't even in Europe...
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
457. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 01:56:12 (Válasz God fiala #456 hozzászólására.)
Actually Russia is part of Europe and Asia.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
458. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 07:07:46
Just had this Question:

If you put a magnet next to a compass then the needle...
...will turn south insted of north
...will point away from the magnet
...will point at the magnet
...will spin constantly

The correct answer can be either of the last 3, and depends on where in relation to the compass you put the magnet, and how you orient the magnet. In fact you use magnets on steel ships, to correct for errors caused by magnetism generated in the steel of the ship.

And there is a 4th possibility as well: the needle will be parallel to the magnet, this however is a bit more tricky to achieve.
averageBlackplagueNő
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
459. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 09:00:36
Just had this:

Which one are not a plant?

fern
mushroom (*) (This is in the kingdom of fungi)
moss
lichen (This is not organism, a mixed population of fungi and algae, both of them are not in plant kingdom)

Luckily, I choose the right one
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
460. hozzászólás - 2010.02.18. 22:17:03
If the rules insist that you "Try to design questions to which any educated and intelligent player may answer. Do not ask ones that demand lexical knowledge (like dates) or that is known only by a special group (e.g. Magic the Gathering, comics etc.). " (Quoted from the Quiz page itself) than the following question should be eliminted

Who is not a Dragon Highlord in the Dragonlance Novels?
1) Lord Soth
2) Ariakas
3) Kitiara
4) Verminaard

I got the answer correct (Number 1) but it was only because I guessed it. I don't know what a Dragon Highlord is, nor have I ever even cracked the spine of a Dragonlance Novel. I'm relativly certain that there are quite a few others here who are on the same boat. This is clearly a question that "Is only known by a Special Group"

And yes, I'm aware "You can look it up on the internet" but that can be an answer for any question that falls under the catagory that is not permited.
Pontszám: 5.50
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!