Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
101. hozzászólás - 2009.09.10. 09:48:46 (Válasz Luminance #97 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Luminance - 2009.09.09. 19:35:44

And I'll tell you this; I've got qualifications in English literature and English Language so I know what I'm talking about, oh and one more thing I am English.

and you still can't ask a proper english question.

And yeah... i must admit: I made a mistake and wrote "bult" instead of "built". Shame on me.
Pontszám: 3
popularElgoranFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
102. hozzászólás - 2009.09.10. 14:27:48
Amber (gemstone) is...

a mineral form of iron oxide.
a variety of the mineral beryl.
a fossilized tree resin.
an allotrope of carbon.

I've got "Forbidden word in the 3. answer" error when submitting this question. Is it "fossilized" or what? Language filter seems a bit oversensitive...
Pontszám: 6
unpopularnihilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
103. hozzászólás - 2009.09.10. 16:37:05 (Válasz Elgoran #102 hozzászólására.)
u didn't get it do u !we must have at least 2 master degrees in english language so your quest may pass the quiz-fliter
Pontszám: 2.33
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
104. hozzászólás - 2009.09.10. 16:45:46 (Válasz Elgoran #102 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Elgoran - 2009.09.10. 14:27:48
Amber (gemstone) is...

a fossilized tree resin.
an allotrope of carbon.

I've got "Forbidden word in the 3. answer" error when submitting this question. Is it "fossilized" or what? Language filter seems a bit oversensitive...

That's the first time I have seen that type of error. Hopefully an admin can comment, because I don't see any naughty words and think it is a good question.
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
105. hozzászólás - 2009.09.10. 18:21:42 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #104 hozzászólására.)
My hitler question was forbidden...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 4.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
106. hozzászólás - 2009.09.10. 20:24:40
Please look at the below pair of questions. They ask the same fundamental question - NHL Team Name. One has been approved, AND has had 5 correct answers out of 6. The second "clone" was rejected outright for being "too obscure"... HOW CAN IT BE TOO OBSCURE WHEN THE FIRST QUESTION IS AT 83.3% ACCURACY???

And who are you to say what is too obscure and what isn't?!? Isn't this a game for the players? Shouldn't the players be telling you what good and bad questions are? If you want to play Hungarian Trivial Pursuit - then go play Hungarian Trivial Pursuit!!! Just don't make an INTERNATIONAL game about it.

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Atlanta ___?
Hawks
Falcons
Thrashers
Jays

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Anaheim ___?
Eagles
Ducks
Mallards
Penguins

5 good and 1 bad answers have arrived for this question.

STOP BLOCKING GOOD QUESTIONS WITH EASY-TO-FIND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pontszám: 2.75
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
107. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 03:26:27
"What is the most popular feline in America?"

Horrible question... Puma as the answer - Horrible answer. Maybe in South America, but the question doesn't ask that. In AMERICA (as in, the United States), and all over North America, the answer is by far the Lynx (of the choices given). But this is just a bad question because of how vague it is.

Oh, and "only a special group of people might know the answer."

Seriously, how does stuff like this make it in to the quiz when my questions keep getting kicked???
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2009.09.11. 03:26:56-kor
Pontszám: 2.25
averageKocosFérfi
Global Moderátor
23 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
108. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 08:07:46 (Válasz Alatus #99 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Alatus - 2009.09.09. 21:11:34
Which of the following does not belong with the rest?

It was evaluated as a 'bad, incorrect question'. No other reason given.

Are people really too damn stupid to understand this? You learn this stuff in god damned SECOND GRADE! Well, I learned it at the beginning of first, but, whatever. Maybe earlier, actually.

Question asking an exception, without giving the point of view won't be accepted, as they might have numerous interpretations. I've asked my dictionary and it says this is called odd-one-out in english. Please ask unambiguous questions.
A hozzászólást Kocos módosította 2009.09.11. 08:10:28-kor
Need help? Contact us at info{kukk}doomlord{ponty}net
Pontszám: 3
irritatingSnittFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
109. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 11:58:53 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #104 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2009.09.10. 16:45:46
Idézet: Elgoran - 2009.09.10. 14:27:48
Amber (gemstone) is...

a fossilized tree resin.
an allotrope of carbon.

That's the first time I have seen that type of error. Hopefully an admin can comment, because I don't see any naughty words and think it is a good question.

The prob is with the oroginal (hungarian) database,what is the basic of the english database.
irritatingSnittFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
110. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 12:06:58
Bocs,h magyarul írom,de nem akarom,h globál cink legyen Mi értelme van,h van ember,aki bírálja a kérdéseket,ha:

-tele van vegyjelekkel,fővárosokkal,egyéb szeméttel,ami 100szor le lett beszélve,h ne legyen benne
-tartalmaz rengeteg olyan lexikális tudást igénylő kérdést,amit ráadásul nehéz megtalálni,ha nem egyenesen lehetetlen,mert valaki valami elmebeteg szakon épp akkor tanulja és számára nyilvánvaló
-csomó ismétlődés...beírok egy kérdést és 2 nap múlva jön szembe a klónja 1 válsz különbséggel
-a legjobb...beírok egy kérdést,visszajön,h hibás,írok másikat és viszontlátom a kérdésemet betüről betüre élő kérdésként rövid időn belül?
-
Pontszám: 7.50
averagehrolf
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
111. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 16:55:21
Who was Ringo Starr?

drummer for The Beatles
guitarist for Van Halen
Bass player for The Monkeys
actor in hope floats

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
112. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 17:19:34
And now I don't even get a reason for questions being rejected. Because they KNOW they can't say "only a special group"... They just don't want to accept my questions. Is this really a game people want to support?

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Boston ___?

Bears
Bruins
Grizzlies
Polar Bears

unpopularnihilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
113. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 17:30:52 (Válasz Snitt #110 hozzászólására.)
???????????????????????????????
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
114. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 20:18:51 (Válasz hrolf #111 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: hrolf - 2009.09.11. 16:55:21
Who was Ringo Starr?

drummer for The Beatles
guitarist for Van Halen
actor in hope floats

Try it like this:

Who was Ringo Starr?
drummer for The Beatles
guitarist for Van Halen
bass player for The Monkeys
actor in Hope Floats
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
115. hozzászólás - 2009.09.11. 21:16:56
What is the square root of (1000 x 1000)?

1,000,000 (or 1.000.000)

According to evaluators the question is an arithmetic problem.

It's NOT ARITHMETIC! It is common sense. If they're saying that some people don't know what square root is, well, if they are old enough to play this game, they should know what it is. And if they are saying it's too simple, you'd be surprised. I've actually ask nearly 60 people (randomly, of course. Various ages, types and gender.), and roughly half of them either get it wrong, or have to think for at least five minutes.

How exactly do you become an evaluator? Because it is starting to seem that they need to make a filter for evaluators in addition to questions.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
116. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 07:19:10
Well all - I quit.

The Quiz system has alienated me to the point where I refuse to be part of this game any more.

For example, questions that have been accepted:
What NBA team does Ray Allen play for
Who is the leading scorer in NBA history [set ~20 years ago]
What NHL team is celebrating their 101st anniversary
What NHL team won the 2008 Stanley Cup
Who won the 2008 F1 Championship
What is the width of a soccer net
What was the nickname of the Hungarian soccer team that went undefeated in 35 matches in the 1950's

Examples of questions that I have submitted that have been rejected:
National Hockey League - Anaheim ____ (repeat for Atlanta, Boston and Buffalo, as well as soccer's Tottenham, just to test)
Who is the Career Goaltending Wins leader in the NHL [set last year]
What is the size of a water polo net

Now, do you see the similarities between the two sets? Would you consider the first set or the second set to be more "only a specialized group would know the answer". At first glance (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th) the second set is clearly the easier set of questions, with answers as easy or easier than the first set to research online. However, it has become clear that my questions are not even being fairly reviewed - merely rubber-stamped "Reject" - largely because I am focusing on a largely North American sport.

Note that I asked 6 Water Polo questions before one was rejected - all of which FAR more difficult to research an answer to than ANY of the NHL questions I have posted. This is, for lack of a better term, racism against their North American audience. Hungary is a Water Polo powerhouse - therefore, those questions are passed thru the system with ease. Yet the NHL questions are instantly blocked. This is a form of (at worst) Racism, and at minimum, Prejudice.

And this doesn't come close to addressing the massive disparity between ridiculously special-knowledge questions involving Dragonlance, European historical figures, Nobel winners, obscure literary works, Television shows seen in only one country and the myriad of other absurd questions (not to mention all the questions with the wrong answers).

I would like to call for all those who are frustrated with the quiz system that this game so blatantly abuses, to simply walk away. Hopefully all you have invested is your time, and you will realize as I have that time is precious, and frustrating time is purely wasted time. There are many hundreds of other free online games, and one such as this that clearly makes no attempt to be fair and non-prejudicial does not deserve one penny of your cash, nor one minute of your time. This is YOUR game - because without you, there is no game. Therefore, please take ownership of your right to fight Racism and Prejudice, and not support this game a moment longer.
Pontszám: 1.67
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
117. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 07:43:07 (Válasz Viridel #116 hozzászólására.)
first of all, i can't see the point in posting your posts into three threads?

secondly, you are stubborn. you are trying to prove you are right but do nothing to show it right. what do i mean? seems you stick to your NHL questions as if there was nothing in this world besides them. during my hunts i see a lot of new questions coming in, about awesome things and giving interesting knowledge. why can't you just accept the fact that those questions you are trying to force in are considered special? take it as a rule in the game - no questions like those can be accepted. and, you accepted the rules when you registered.

so instead of your raising hell i suggest to think and try to get out of the box you are in at the moment.
Pontszám: 5.33
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
118. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 07:44:37
Not playing the Quiz puts me at an instant 10% disadvantage to all the other players in the game. Therefore, in order to remain competitive, it's something that must be participated in. So that said, why should I have to answer everyone else's questions that are important to them, yet have no right to post questions that are important to me? Especially when I can point out specific examples of this prejudicial treatment. There is no way to enjoy the game when I know I have to forfeit a significant portion in order to even try to enjoy it.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2009.09.12. 07:52:36-kor
Pontszám: 2.17
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
119. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 08:17:54
Your character is still not deleted. C'mon... do it. Do not waste any more time.
Pontszám: 5.33
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
120. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 21:38:04
Idézet: hrolf - 2009.09.11. 16:55:21
Who was Ringo Starr?

drummer for The Beatles
guitarist for Van Halen
actor in hope floats

I remember this one. It was written all small caps, names, everything...

Idézet: Viridel - 2009.09.10. 20:24:40

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Atlanta ___?
Hawks
Falcons
Thrashers
Jays

Problem is that this is an international game. This might be not so difficult for an US resident, but quite specific for an European. You are lucky that your first such question was accepted but it doesn't mean that you have to ask the hockey team of every city.

I checked the bad word filter, "fossilized" was filtered out because it contained a non-English badword, I removed this filter.

Idézet: Alatus - 2009.09.11. 21:16:56
What is the square root of (1000 x 1000)?
1,000,000 (or 1.000.000)

Sorry, we do not accept simple math questions, like X+Y=? X*Y=? etc. If we would, very soon everyone would be making such questions. You never see such questions in quiz shows either. It is no accident that we have a reject option specifically for this type.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2009.09.12. 21:38:24-kor
Pontszám: 7
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője