Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1061. hozzászólás - 2010.08.31. 19:00:52 (Válasz Pogaxa #1060 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.08.31. 18:17:49
if it was rejected once, why did you try it again? do you test us if we let it go next time?
even if it's obviously a google-able answer, it's a special knowledge. you'll get this rejected, no matter how much you try posting it.

Because I have faith that not all Mods are useless. If there are lousy Mods who pass lousy questions, surely there are good Mods who have some common sense.

Like I said, you can:
Know the lyric
Know the band
Know the only actual song on the list
Know how to Google - copy & paste the question

Any of these will give you the answer - 100% of the time. Unlike the two examples I JUST presented - or the pile of Metallica questions that require intricate knowledge of the band, and CAN'T be Copy/Pasted to get the answer!. Get the f___ing double standards OUT!
Pontszám: 5
averageWarkeeperFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1062. hozzászólás - 2010.08.31. 23:34:43
Who was Tzar Dusan The Great (Strong)?

Serbian Tzar
Croatian Tzar
Bulgarian King
Indian Shaman

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

wtf??
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1063. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 03:09:48 (Válasz Viridel #1059 hozzászólására.)
Radar men from the moon is the name of the show .. it was a series actually... very old B+W and the answer is Commander Cody. I only know this because I have the complete series on DVD from when I was really into old sci-fi.

As far as the song you posted... i've never heard of it, but that is not surprising because it doesn't sound like something I would listen to ... but i would google it all the same to get the answeer ... i google lyrics at least 3-4 times a week for other things and never have a problem finding them.

Not taking anyones side just posting a lil info. I don't understand a lot of what gets passed and what doesn't... yesterday I had to answer a question about a sports figures paycheck and I never heard of him, the sport was not mentioned and in my opinion is definately what should be considered select knowledge. but it got passed.... the eval must know who it is i guess.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1064. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 03:22:27 (Válasz Viridel #1035 hozzászólására.)
I googled the whole square vs rectangle thing to see what would come up and found this which is very interesting. If you are curious check out this site http://math4allages.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/is-a-square-a-rectangle-2/ and see what is says. it is expalined for the perspective of a school child.

in a nut shell yes they are the same on the basic premse of what is a rectangle but it goes a little further to say this...'a square can be a rectangle but a rectangle can never be a square.' and that, i believe, is the basis for this argument.

On this one I can see both sides of the argument.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1065. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 04:25:34 (Válasz Viridel #1059 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.31. 17:33:43
Ok... I just went from pissed to livid.

"Even old New York was once New Amsterdam" is a lyric from what They Might be Giants song?
Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
Mumbai (Not Bombay)
St. Petersburg (Not Leningrad)
Ho Chi Minh City (Not Saigon)

This got rejected AGAIN (and I just re-posted it again, so just pass the damn thing) - in spite of the fact that:
Even if you don't know the lyric
Even if you don't know the band
There is only one actual song on the list!!!
The rest are all made up!!!!!!!

But then I get these two:
Who fought "Radar Men From The Moon"?
- Never saw the show. The name of the show isn't mentioned. How can I answer this?

In Stephen King's "The Dark Half", what do the arrival of sparrows represent?
- How the FUCK do you answer this without reading the damn book???

The standards are so screwed up that the quiz is just a joke. It really is.

The fact is Viridel, the two examples you mentioned should be removed, but your question is still too special, even if answering it through google is easy. Unless the current poll changes the google factor in evaluating
much likedFalln
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1066. hozzászólás - 2010.09.01. 05:46:32 (Válasz Pogaxa #1060 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.08.31. 18:17:49
if it was rejected once, why did you try it again? do you test us if we let it go next time?
even if it's obviously a google-able answer, it's a special knowledge. you'll get this rejected, no matter how much you try posting it.

Then you need to clean the list with existing questions: Questions about an auction of churchill's items, questions about "peanuts", ... I receive questions about Greek and Roman myths, but questions about Norse myths are rejected. I receive questions about autors only a few know about in the world, but when you ask a question about a blockbuster and comic book like "watchmen" it gets rejected because only a few know the answer.

Even worse, nobody reads this forum. You don't get answers when you ask them here. It's like those who moderate the questions have a focus on the stuff they like and everything else gets rejected.
averageWarkeeperFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1067. hozzászólás - 2010.09.04. 11:51:38 (Válasz Warkeeper #1062 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Warkeeper - 2010.08.31. 23:34:43
Who was Tzar Dusan The Great (Strong)?

Serbian Tzar
Croatian Tzar
Bulgarian King
Indian Shaman

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

wtf??

am i going to get answer? why was my question rejected?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1068. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 04:53:19
Which of these is a real song?

Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
Mumbai (Not Bombay)
St. Petersburg (Not Leningrad)
Ho Chi Minh City (Not Saigon)

Fuck you.
Pontszám: 7.50
averagecomingfromothergamess
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1069. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 15:10:34
Who is the main male protagonist in the game FFVII ( PS1 )?

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

How would only a special group of people know this?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1070. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 16:38:30 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1069 hozzászólására.)
I would guess by abbreviating games and films questions are rejected as bad. If it's not important enough to write out the title, why should it be important enough for people to know.

I'm guessing the "special group" evaluation came from asking about a video game for one game system (PS1).
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1071. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 20:09:02 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1070 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.09.07. 16:38:30
I would guess by abbreviating games and films questions are rejected as bad. If it's not important enough to write out the title, why should it be important enough for people to know.

I'm guessing the "special group" evaluation came from asking about a video game for one game system (PS1).

Okay, I'll take a bite into this. Even though, I went to wikipedia and google and typed in exactly "ffvii" and it straight spat out final fantasy 7 the playstation game as first result ( google ) and straight to the article for the game ( wikipedia ). From the look of some of the posts in this thread, it is starting to seem like 'if the moderators/evaluators came up with it, thus it is automatically accepted' while everyone else might as well be attempting to win the lottery.

There is no 'database' of questions already 'put in' the game ( doesn't need the answers just the questions ) to properly go by, let alone look up to see if the question made it in. As an earlier post said in this thread, half the questions could be considered 'special group of people have knowledge of' excused. I'm tempted to copy and paste all the questions I get ( and ask clannies and other members I meet like a database in the duel randomizer thing ) to message me the questions they come across and see just 'how many questions' can easily be interpreted 'special group of people have knowledge of'.

-edit-

Okay forget the temptation, I gonna hafta cause look at this? Keep in mind I attempted a question in asked what the maximum level of the learning skill skill was without use of the academy ( along those lines ) and it got the 'special group' excuse. Yet, this got accepted.

How many questions does the Quiz Olympics of this game consist of?

Also, here is another prime example..

Who is the main villain in Harry Potter book series?
Gellert Grindelwald
Godric Griffindor
Count Dracula
Lord Voldemort

So let me get this straight. Main antagonist of a book series gets an okay, but main protagonist of a specificly identified game ( not series in general, GAME ) gets the 'special group' excuse.
A hozzászólást comingfromothergamess módosította 2010.09.07. 20:24:44-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1072. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 20:25:46 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1071 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.07. 20:09:02
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.09.07. 16:38:30

Okay, I'll take a bite into this. Even though, I went to wikipedia and google and typed in exactly "ffvii" and it straight spat out final fantasy 7 the playstation game as first result ( google ) and straight to the article for the game ( wikipedia ). From the look of some of the posts in this thread, it is starting to seem like 'if the moderators/evaluators came up with it, thus it is automatically accepted' while everyone else might as well be attempting to win the lottery.

There is no 'database' of questions already 'put in' the game ( doesn't need the answers just the questions ) to properly go by, let alone look up to see if the question made it in. As an earlier post said in this thread, half the questions could be considered 'special group of people have knowledge of' excused. I'm tempted to copy and paste all the questions I get ( and ask clannies and other members I meet like a database in the duel randomizer thing ) to message me the questions they come across and see just 'how many questions' can easily be interpreted 'special group of people have knowledge of'.

Don't bother... Seriously. The Admin is completely AWOL, and the Mods aren't going to change. Posting on here is a waste of your time and effort - I'm only doing it to encourage people to give up on this portion of the game.

Just save yourself the frustration and renounce all your questions, and take the quick & instant SE reward.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1073. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 20:54:58 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1071 hozzászólására.)
Okay forget the temptation, I gonna hafta cause look at this? Keep in mind I attempted a question in asked what the maximum level of the learning skill skill was without use of the academy ( along those lines ) and it got the 'special group' excuse. Yet, this got accepted.

How many questions does the Quiz Olympics of this game consist of?

There's a valid difference between those. If you click Quiz in the sidebar and then click the Quiz Olympics button, that will tell you the answer to the second question, no matter what level you are or what skills you have. But AFAIK, there is nowhere in the game that answers the first question until you are a member of a clan with an Academy.

Also, here is another prime example..

Who is the main villain in Harry Potter book series?

So let me get this straight. Main antagonist of a book series gets an okay, but main protagonist of a specificly identified game ( not series in general, GAME ) gets the 'special group' excuse.

You really think the number of people who have played FFVII is even close to the same order of magnitude as the number of people who have read Harry Potter? Get serious. There are plenty of examples of questions in the quiz that genuinely should have been rejected under the current special group guidelines. The one you picked is just about the worst example you could have possibly found.
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1074. hozzászólás - 2010.09.07. 21:06:40 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1073 hozzászólására.)
Academy one, don't you find that out when you get learning skill level 30 clanned or not? My learning is only at level 10 right now so I wouldn't know if it is in the tooltips or not.

I pulled it from the group of questions I got today from hunt, but going by your post.. you got my point anyway/ If the FFVII game can be considered 'special group' due to it being a game and not everyone plays it, then harry potter book series might as well be reads it and/or knows of it ( less true than the game, but still true. ) Heck, might as well take out all the quiz questions and never submit any because there will be those that know it and those that don't. Thus, only a 'special group of people' could answer it.
A hozzászólást comingfromothergamess módosította 2010.09.07. 21:07:35-kor
everyone's favoritetafty
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1075. hozzászólás - 2010.09.08. 05:46:30
why was my question rejected?????

What is the most successful ccg (collectable card game) in the world?

Magic: The Gathering
The Eye of Judgment
MapleStory Trading Card Game
Pokémon Trading Card Game

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1076. hozzászólás - 2010.09.08. 06:01:15 (Válasz tafty #1075 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: tafty - 2010.09.08. 05:46:30
why was my question rejected?????

What is the most successful ccg (collectable card game) in the world?

Magic: The Gathering
The Eye of Judgment
MapleStory Trading Card Game
Pokémon Trading Card Game

Successful by who's standards and when? The answer could be argued (with facts) to the point the companies involved have even sued each other.
everyone's favoritetafty
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1077. hozzászólás - 2010.09.08. 06:20:21 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1076 hozzászólására.)
by money standards
by people who play the games
maybe i will try and rewrite it
A hozzászólást tafty módosította 2010.09.08. 06:24:26-kor
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1078. hozzászólás - 2010.09.08. 07:33:11
question:
Who is the first Permanent President of the European Union?

José Manuel Barroso
Herman van Rompuy
Tony Blair
François Mitterrand

Remark of Doomlord: According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

Question: I don't see anything ambiguous into it.... could anyone give me some more information?
Motivation:
1. Until recent The president was a "rotating function", so not Permanent. When a member of the EU was “chairman”; The Prime-minister became for that period (6months), the President of the EU.
2. So, in the actual situation they elected a “permanent” President of the EU (not any more in function of the rotating chairmanship). So I don’t see the fact of being ambiguous; he is the first elected president ; he is the first Permanent President due to no more rotation system.
3. My question is in regard of the EU, not the EC; so no ambiguous at all.
So, I hope you could give me some more detail about your worries (as English is my 3th language it’s always possible there is a “miss-interpretation”)

Thanks,
Elvenwind
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1079. hozzászólás - 2010.09.08. 17:56:16 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #1078 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Bartessica Slam - 2010.09.08. 07:33:11
question:
Who is the first Permanent President of the European Union?

José Manuel Barroso
Herman van Rompuy
Tony Blair
François Mitterrand

Remark of Doomlord: According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

Question: I don't see anything ambiguous into it.... could anyone give me some more information?
Motivation:
1. Until recent The president was a "rotating function", so not Permanent. When a member of the EU was “chairman”; The Prime-minister became for that period (6months), the President of the EU.
2. So, in the actual situation they elected a “permanent” President of the EU (not any more in function of the rotating chairmanship). So I don’t see the fact of being ambiguous; he is the first elected president ; he is the first Permanent President due to no more rotation system.
3. My question is in regard of the EU, not the EC; so no ambiguous at all.
So, I hope you could give me some more detail about your worries (as English is my 3th language it’s always possible there is a “miss-interpretation”)

Thanks,
Elvenwind

Presidents from both bodies were in the list, so I didn't know which you were asking about. Since you are asking EU, than that would mean your question should be: Who is the first permanent president of the European Council?
averageZanathFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1080. hozzászólás - 2010.09.12. 07:38:44
My rejected question:
How many toes does an Elephant have?

5 <-
None

This answer is correct. If I had asked how many toe-nails does an Elephant have then it could be misleading. But within every Elephant's fatty foot they have 5 toes. Even if on some species they have 3, 4, or 5 toenails showing depending on whether it's their front or rear legs.

I think the question should go through.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!