Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1081. hozzászólás - 2010.09.12. 13:25:55
Who was Tzar Dusan The Great (Strong)?

Serbian Tzar
Croatian Tzar
Bulgarian King
Indian Shaman

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

wtf??

am i going to get answer? why was my question rejected?
Pontszám: 5
averagecomingfromothergamess
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1082. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 03:30:00 (Válasz Zanath #1080 hozzászólására.)
I don't evaluate questions ( but boy do we wish we could ), but here's a couple of answers.

Zanath. The way the question is worded, it seems like you want them to count all the toes on all 4 feet ( which would be 20 if there is 5 per foot ). Try something like 'How many toes are in each single foot of an Elephant's ? ' Might have a better chance of going through since they want every single last detail spelled out.

@Warkeeper:

It could be the Tzar which its' 'correct' spelling is Tsar. S not a z even though it can be spelled either way. Also, Dusan has one of those symbol thingers above the S that non-american languages use ( to my knowledge).
averageWarkeeperFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1083. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 08:12:37 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1082 hozzászólására.)
i will try with 's'... and i didnt wrote 'š' in Dusan but 's'
averageZanathFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1084. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 09:01:05
@comingfromothergamess: The question would be ambiguous if IT WASN'T FRICKEN MULTIPLE CHOICE! my gort! Obviously it has to be one of the options. Since in the ENGLISH language you can denote sub groups and still use the same language as long as the context is given the format is proper. The context is the array of choices. The reason I'm steamed is this is a question for elementary children and they get it immediately. How stupid are we here?

Second one that got rejected today for no reason.

Which of these weapons is not a sword?

bastard
flamberge
main-gauche <-
katana

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

bastard-a hand and a half sword
flamberge-a two handed sword
katana-another two handed sword
main-gauche-a parrying dagger. Not a sword at all. The other 3 are swords. Seems pretty clear to me! The capitalization on the names were left off on purpose.

I'm just going to get the SE from now on instead for my 30 right answers. This is a waste of time if the evaluators are not even competent enough to run a quiz when there are about 1000 free ones to look at on the net and see how they pose questions.

out,
averagexpq81
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1085. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 12:54:31 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Hmmm, this is all very odd, I put forward this question:

Which film is this quote from, “Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion”?

Stargate
Blade runner (the correct answer)
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Dune

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"! According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Oh well I thought, I guess I need to think of something else, then while off hunting and answering questions I get this question:

A Dyson Sphere is? to which the answer is: A hypothetical megastructure built around a sun.

Now call me foolish if you like, but how did this question get past 'According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.'
averageZanathFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1086. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 18:33:30
Yeah the questions that get through are not always correct even. Especially on ancient history. I'm starting to think the evaluators just google the question and look at the top result to verify. I just had a question come up asking me who started the Chinese Zodiac and the supposed correct answer from the list of all wrong answers was Buddha. WHICH IS INCORRECT!!!

Which would stand to reason when you google Elephant's toes you get told by moronic askDot or answerDot sites which any numnut can post on with half the information you need to make the correct decision. Those sites will tell you they have 3, 4 or 5 toes depending (when they are talking about toe nails, all the toes are in the pad). Which is actually why I choose that question because people get it WRONG! Much the same with my color question which most people continue to get wrong. It challenges their assumptions and makes them think harder. ISN'T THAT THE POINT?

FFS, the quiz feature I thought was really cool before. But now it just pisses me off.

Saying Buddha came up with the Chinese zodiac is like saying Jesus wrote the Bible. That question and many others should be removed. Propagating false history is dangerous, and criminal in my mind. It robs us of ourselves.

Also to xpq81's point; at least half the questions I see are about a specific video game movie or novel. The other half about European historical figures. All of which are only going to be known by select groups. Though any question can be looked up and any subject can be researched so that standard for acceptance makes no sense. It is arbitrary and it just shows that the evaluators just make snap decisions on what they think the player base would know if asked. Which shouldn't be important; it is a quiz after all, and not a list of things you already know.

As well the criteria for my questions not being accepted has been suggested that my question was open ended, even though answers are provided and ONE of them has to be correct (we hope). If that is the case then how is it that I just had another question which read: Which fast-food chain symbolizes the golden arches? First of all the question makes no sense. Secondly how can a fast-food chain symbolize a symbol? It is mental. This question was accepted because it had McDonald's in it. I think the pattern I'm seeing is that the game devs are hoping they can curry some money out of silent sponsorship through subtle advertising. Much like Jeopardy does on US TV.

please get organized.
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1087. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 19:10:52 (Válasz Zanath #1084 hozzászólására.)
Okay evidently quiz people are weird. If your question is 'already in the database' , it still might be accepted despite being 'told no'. Here was submitted.

uestion Rate of correct answers
At what percentage of health can you no longer duel until you heal enough hitpoints through any means? 100%
At what level can you begin to learn skills? 100%

Also, here apparently either different evaluater or something..

First attempt..

Who is the main male protagonist in the game FFVII ( PS1 )?

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Second attempt..

Who is the main male protagonist in the game FFVII of the Playstation 1 system?

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

Third attempt...

Who is the main male protagonist in the game of Final Fantasy 7 of the Playstation 1 system?

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

Got accepted, got the se reward and got the quest for it completed.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1088. hozzászólás - 2010.09.13. 19:13:51 (Válasz xpq81 #1085 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: xpq81 - 2010.09.13. 12:54:31
Hmmm, this is all very odd, I put forward this question:

Which film is this quote from, “Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion”?

Stargate
Blade runner (the correct answer)
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Dune

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"! According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Oh well I thought, I guess I need to think of something else, then while off hunting and answering questions I get this question:

A Dyson Sphere is? to which the answer is: A hypothetical megastructure built around a sun.

Now call me foolish if you like, but how did this question get past 'According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.'

No one would call you foolish, it looks like the Dyson question should have been rejected. The difference is that is asking about the basic definition of the Dyson theory. No more. Your question is asking a quote from a movie, and its not famous quote. I bet even players that saw the movie might have missed that, imagine all the rest who did not see it. It is a very minor difference between the two questions, but still a difference. The basis of evaluation is that if you ask about a basic general thing about a not so well known subject, it passes. If you go into more detail it will not. Again i will say, it is completely understandable that you could not see the difference, i hope my answer makes sense
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1089. hozzászólás - 2010.09.14. 00:53:18 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1087 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.13. 19:10:52
Okay evidently quiz people are weird. If your question is 'already in the database' , it still might be accepted despite being 'told no'. Here was submitted.

At what percentage of health can you no longer duel until you heal enough hitpoints through any means? 100%

First attempt..

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

Second attempt..

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

Third attempt...

Who is the main male protagonist in the game of Final Fantasy 7 of the Playstation 1 system?

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

I had your second attempt after reading your post here. I knew you were trying to get the question through, so I marked it as a spelling error so you could write out the game title without loosing the SE for a question.

I think what you are trying to point out with the 100% thing at the start of your post is not true. If your question was not accepted, it will list it on your quiz page at 100% because the evaluator got the question correct. (0% if they got it wrong.) You will see the number never changes, because no other answers will be returned for the question since it was rejected.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1090. hozzászólás - 2010.09.14. 01:28:32
Ok, I am a little pissed.

I tried posting the following question:
"How is the Amazon River called before it enters Brazilian territory?"
The question didn't even go through because apparently Amazon is not an allowed word?!?!?!?!
I decided to be a nice guy and rephrased it instead of complaining:

"What is Apurímac?
A river in Peru
A indigenous tribe in Paraguay
The biggest city in Colombia
A rare bird from South America

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

Ambiguous?????????

Anyway, it was a one time thing and losing a couple SE wouldn't kill me.

Then I made the following question:

Which bank went bankrupt in 2008 and started a worldwide financial crisis?

Goldman Sachs
Citibank
Lehman Brothers
JPMorgan Chase

Ambiguous again?!?!?!?!

You should improve the quality of the question evaluators instead of rejecting perfetcly NOT AMBIGUOUS questions.

Cruel.
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1091. hozzászólás - 2010.09.14. 03:00:24 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1089 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.09.14. 00:53:18
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.13. 19:10:52

First attempt..

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

Second attempt..

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

Third attempt...

Vincent Valentine
Sephiroth
Cloud Strife
Barrett Wallace

I had your second attempt after reading your post here. I knew you were trying to get the question through, so I marked it as a spelling error so you could write out the game title without loosing the SE for a question.

I think what you are trying to point out with the 100% thing at the start of your post is not true. If your question was not accepted, it will list it on your quiz page at 100% because the evaluator got the question correct. (0% if they got it wrong.) You will see the number never changes, because no other answers will be returned for the question since it was rejected.

Thank you for clarifying the 100% thing and thanks for not giving my question the 'only a special group' excuse that many of the 'accepted' questions would qualify for. So I take it that your advice to future question submitters is spell out everything?

@cruel01:

First question:

Maybe if you changed the 'how' to 'what' and indicate which specific spot amongst the river. I'd imagine that the Amazon river runs into quite a few places ( guesstimation here ).

Second question:

I wiki'ed just 'Apurimac' and it spat out a disambiguation that had the following:

Apurímac is the name of:

* Apurímac River - a river in the south-eastern parts of central Perú
* Apurímac Region - a region in the south-eastern parts of central Perú
* Apurimac (album) - an album by the German cross-cultural new age band Cusco.
* Apurimac (band), a Greek band with Latin America influences.

Essentially, you might have needed to be more specific in the question with this one.

Third question:

I tried to wiki it. It came up with that the financial crisis started in 2007 and it was more than just the fall of the lehman brothers falling. This might help a bit.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1092. hozzászólás - 2010.09.14. 03:35:09
Thank you for the reply.

Question 1:
The problem really was the word Amazon. It is blocked for some reason.

Question 2:
The other options you mention are not one my options. So there is no ambiguity there.
Basically what you are saying is that if I ask what the Moon is: an animal, a country, a natural satellite, a person, the question would be invalid because there is also one million other things that are called the Moon. I can't agree with that. I would agree if the question was not multiple choice though.

Question 3:
That is incorrect. The crisis only became global after Lehman failed and all the markets started to fear what would happen to other banks worldwide.

Cruel.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1093. hozzászólás - 2010.09.14. 09:14:18 (Válasz Cruel01 #1092 hozzászólására.)
Only the fact that one player finds info suggesting 2007 and your info say 2008 shows why is not a good question. The financial crisis can be debated to the level of "was it real or is it a global conspiracy?" So for sure it can be debated as to when and what actually started it. I do not support a specific point of view here, just showing why it cannot be accepted as a question.
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1094. hozzászólás - 2010.09.14. 20:39:39 (Válasz Cruel01 #1092 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.09.14. 03:35:09
Thank you for the reply.

Question 1:
The problem really was the word Amazon. It is blocked for some reason.

Question 2:
The other options you mention are not one my options. So there is no ambiguity there.
Basically what you are saying is that if I ask what the Moon is: an animal, a country, a natural satellite, a person, the question would be invalid because there is also one million other things that are called the Moon. I can't agree with that. I would agree if the question was not multiple choice though.

Question 3:
That is incorrect. The crisis only became global after Lehman failed and all the markets started to fear what would happen to other banks worldwide.

Cruel.

Question 1:

Don't know why. Maybe can try the other names it goes by like Rio Amazonas or something ( Portugese and/or Spanish name for it ). Could be that Amazon is typically thought as the website of Amazon. All else fails, try another river.

Question 2:

Essentially it boils down to, you asked too general a question when it can be called '4 different things'. Taking out 2 of them ( album and band ), and you get left with 2 substantially different things it could be despite what you have amongst the answers. Take what I did for the question regarding FF7. I used abbreviations that would 'normally' be recognizable anywhere on the web. However, it got rejected. Tried again spelling out the system name and got lucky with an evaluator that had a brain. Got more specific ( less abbreviation ) and got the question through. Try this: Instead of doing 'What is Apurímac' ? Maybe try doing 'What is the Apurímac River' or something like that and adjust the answers accordingly.

Question 3:

There were factors outside of Lehman that 'helped it' and factors that less up to the fall of lehmn. Making the start of it all 'happen earlier.' Just like Stekkos said, the fact that it is being debated means it can't be done as a question. Try another and move on.
averageWarkeeperFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1095. hozzászólás - 2010.09.16. 19:05:20
What was the name of Yugoslavian dictator who ruled the former SFRJ (Yugoslavia)?

Josip Broz Tito
King Aragorn
Ghandi
Prince John

WTF?!?!?! How could aragorn, prince john or ghandi could be dictator of Socialistic Federative Republic Yugoslavia? What the hack?!
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1096. hozzászólás - 2010.09.16. 20:02:04
Which of these is not a cultivar of the species Brassica oleracea?

kale
broccoli
cabbage
chard

Your quiz question is valued as „Bad question”!
Explanation: According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

So the "special group" would be people who eat vegetables? Or at least gardeners. Seriously, the fact that kale, broccoli, and cabbage are all the same plant is really pretty general knowledge. I wouldn't expect anyone would know the species name, but I put that in there to make it easier to google for the people who don't grow or eat vegetables.

This is just one more example of why we NEED to factor in the googlability of a question into the evaluation process. If you happen to draw an evaluator who is completely ignorant on the subject that you are asking about, they have no way to evaluate whether the question is general knowledge or not. So perfectly good questions get rejected, and the users get unhappy. And unhappy users are not good for the game.
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1097. hozzászólás - 2010.09.17. 03:23:55 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1096 hozzászólására.)
@Warkeeper:

It could be that you made the question 'too easy' given the answers.

@ImlittleJohn:

Actually, when it comes to scientific names and thereof, which only botanists ( studiers of plant life ) would know ( and some other people, but certain not as many as you think ). It's not pretty general knowledge. I didn't even know what a cultivar was. Let's just leave it at that. Cause if we wind up going into argument/debate about it, then all the more shows it isn't general knowledge / question for the game.
A hozzászólást comingfromothergamess módosította 2010.09.17. 03:52:13-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1098. hozzászólás - 2010.09.17. 10:06:13 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1096 hozzászólására.)
Jon, you really feel that tis question can be accepted as general knowleadge? Even the word cultivar can become a question all on its own

Seriously now, it is a nice question but since googlability has not become a factor, it is a question only people dealing with the subject will know. And kale, broccoli, and cabbage might be in the same plant group, but is not a general known fact.
averageWarkeeperFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1099. hozzászólás - 2010.09.17. 13:48:53 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1097 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.17. 03:23:55
@Warkeeper:

It could be that you made the question 'too easy' given the answers.

And question What is lethal for vampires in most stories? - 95.01% correct answers is not? with answers sand, leaf, towel etc.?!?!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1100. hozzászólás - 2010.09.17. 14:05:25 (Válasz Warkeeper #1099 hozzászólására.)
The evaluator said ambiguous, so its not a matter of too easy. There is a different evaluation for those. Unfortunately only the person that got your question can answer why he gave that evaluation.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője