Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1121. hozzászólás - 2010.09.20. 16:16:19 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1110 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.18. 23:27:30
Thank you ChaoticGemini's grandma for trumping majority of his points.

A) CG's grandma is still just one person. As a neutral observer with expertise in the subject, her opinion carries a lot more weight than some, but it's still just one opinion.

B) CG's grandma agreed with me on one point, disagreed with me on one point, and didn't get involved with the majority of my points.

C) On the point on which CG's grandma disagreed with me, there does seem to be a consensus - that the wording of my question was confusing to the point where even people with expertise didn't get it. I find that hard to understand, but I'm willing to stop beating this dead horse, accept that it's true, and attempt to keep my future questions simple and clear.

Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.18. 23:27:30
Point of quiz being screwy, I agree with. This could be all be solved by...what now?

That's what the majority of my points were aimed at. The first step is to admit the fact that an evaluator's ability to judge general/specific knowledge is, in fact, affected by their personal experience. Factoring in googlability is one way to get around that issue. Many others have been proposed, but mostly they involve some amount of code changes. Within the limitation of no code changes, it may be possible to come up with other ways to improve the problem, but only if we all admit that the problem exists.
Pontszám: 5
averagecomingfromothergamess
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1122. hozzászólás - 2010.09.20. 18:16:35 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1110 hozzászólására.)
People can find stuff hard to understand when they are shown to be wrong.

The Trumpage I was talking about is your concept of 'general knowledge' in reference to the question. His grandma opinion carries more weight than your for the general knowledge aspect. Also..

It is obvious the question system is screwy. Until it is fixed, gonna be done by the suggested ways in that post that you partially quoted. Heck maybe even trying the question out on the forums via PMing people like stekkos or chaotic for testrun.

Basically, cut down on the vocab and be more open-minded as to why it could have been counted as not accepted. Just assuming that something is 'general knowledge' period is not good as has been shown by multiple people ( not including me ) versus just you. 'General knowledge amongst gardeners' may be more accurate versus just 'general knowledge'. To pull from cruel's whining a bit, your concept of 'general knowledge' encompassed everywhere from land, sea, planets, solar system, universe that everyone knew this and that everyone had a gardening book with a section..etc.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1123. hozzászólás - 2010.09.20. 19:27:45 (Válasz comingfromothergamess #1122 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.20. 18:16:35
People can find stuff hard to understand when they are shown to be wrong.

The Trumpage I was talking about is your concept of 'general knowledge' in reference to the question.

Where CG's grandma's agreed with me, not you.

Idézet: comingfromothergamess - 2010.09.20. 18:16:35
Just assuming that something is 'general knowledge' period is not good as has been shown by multiple people ( not including me ) versus just you. 'General knowledge amongst gardeners' may be more accurate versus just 'general knowledge'.

I never assumed that anything was just general knowledge. My assertions were and are:
- if you are lacking knowledge on a topic, you are not qualified to judge how general a bit of knowledge is.
- specifically having to do with my question, if you ignore the poor wording, millions of people know the fact in question, or at least could pick out the correct answer from the choices listed. Including, but not limited to, vegetable gardeners. CG's grandma provided anecdotal evidence in support of this.
- millions of people ought to qualify as general enough to be accepted, given established guidelines and precedent.

From what I can tell, that last one is the one you really disagree with. You seem to be claiming that "general knowledge" means every person on the planet knows it. I would argue that the quiz would be better if the specific knowledge rejection were used less than it is today.
averageSacrosanctFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
55 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1124. hozzászólás - 2010.09.21. 16:46:25
seriously??? my question got rejected because "only a special group of people might know the answer" ??????

Which of the following actors/actresses does NOT play in The Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Liv Tyler.
Viggo Mortensen.
Elijah Wood.
Kate Winslet.**

was my question... you can look this up in a few seconds... not to mention if my question was rejected WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER HUNDREDS OF MOVIE QUESTIONS THAT GOT PASSED??????

you guys are getting rediculous with your evaluators
A hozzászólást Sacrosanct módosította 2010.09.21. 16:48:00-kor
I am the Dragon!!! Before you you RIGHTLY Tremble!
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1125. hozzászólás - 2010.09.21. 19:16:25 (Válasz Sacrosanct #1124 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sacrosanct - 2010.09.21. 16:46:25
Which of the following actors/actresses does NOT play in The Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Looks good to me. Should have been passed.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1126. hozzászólás - 2010.09.21. 19:20:50 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1125 hozzászólására.)
I just want to verify its good also, thats very weird... I am also messaging the quiz admin and no reply for days now. Something is up on cloud number 9
averagecomingfromothergamess
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1127. hozzászólás - 2010.09.21. 20:06:05
Imlittlejon, will answer your post later since this is gonna go on for several more days anyway. You atleast got the need to 'dumb it down'. Now, just need to help it be 'less hard to understand.' Please don't reply to this on the debate, just save it for my later reply to the respective post.

@Sacrosanct:

I also can't see very much wrong with it either.

Maybe, 'Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings trilogy' ' ? As there have been more than one release of it ( from the late 70s, early 80s ) to extended editions of today's 'version' of it.

How about this question for submission?

What is current consensus about the quiz system?

A. Admin are dumbasses
B. Quiz system needs to be revamped better.
C. Elminate the 'Special Group' excuse altogether and let evaluators actually be able to type in why it is rejected.
D. All of the above.
A hozzászólást comingfromothergamess módosította 2010.09.21. 20:06:44-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1128. hozzászólás - 2010.09.23. 03:57:35 (Válasz stekkos #1126 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.21. 19:20:50
I just want to verify its good also, thats very weird... I am also messaging the quiz admin and no reply for days now. Something is up on cloud number 9

So many things I could say right now...
everyone's favoriteJarsyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1129. hozzászólás - 2010.09.24. 08:18:03
Who said "A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."?

Napoleon Bonaparte
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Albert Einstein
John Adams

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
This question is already part of the database.
Your question has been evaluated.

Evaluation of your last question is "Bad, incorrect question".
This years marks the ____ anniversary of Jimmi Hendrix's death.

40th
30th
50th
25th

Druss is a character created by which author?

David Gemmell
Raymond E. Feist
Terry Brooks
David Eddings

Five times I've had questions rejected now because of this.
As far as I have seen so far I have not come across any of these questions.
WHY??
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1130. hozzászólás - 2010.09.24. 10:38:07 (Válasz Jarsy #1129 hozzászólására.)
Because there are tens of thousands of questions in the database, it is impossible to see them all. The druss question i actually saw it, the other 2 did not but other evaluators probably did.
averageDonimoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1131. hozzászólás - 2010.09.27. 22:50:13
Okay, I'm reposting this question now. Unless you can provide some clarity on the spelling mistake?

What state do the NBA team Celtics play for?

Boston
Los Angeles
Detroit
Massachusetts

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1132. hozzászólás - 2010.09.28. 04:13:05 (Válasz stekkos #807 hozzászólására.)
QUESTION: Where do you find these URL's about the game???

When I first started playing the forum was in some other language and the game did not give enough information!
I was very confused about a few things so after a few days of playing I stopped login in everyday and only played when very bored. Finally after a few months I realized there was much more to the game and now I like it so much that I log in several times a day. Now my problem is running out of ACTION points rather then understanding!

Anyway I have tried to get others I know to play the game but for most people it seems to start out a little slow and information about whats to come at higher levels is not readily available for them, etc etc

As far as writing QUIZ QUESTIONS ... maybe a lot of this complaining and explanations for BAD questions could be eliminated if the developers explained some parts of the game more in depth in the actual game rather then people having to read through a mess of forums and threads in hopes of finding accurate info!!!

I dont think you should give away all the games secrets but you do have to give up enough info and explain the basics in depth if you expect anyone to play the game. I personally love trivia and that is the only reason I stuck around long enough to realize I like the game.

Funny thing is I am level 37 and still DO NOT understand what the INFECTION and PARALYSATION are or how they work. My current quest is STUN 3 PEOPLE or something like that. I don't know what this means but I assume it has to do with this paralysation maybe!!!??? I understand the game is open-ended and things are always changing but it would be nice to know what these 40+ level players are doing to me!!! lol

OK OK I am rambling on now ... just one more thing - HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED CORRECTING THE ERRORS in the current database? I know it would be a challenge but I would not feel so bad when my questions get rejected if I did not have to answer questions with bad grammar or spelling or whatever etc etc.

SORRY ... did not mean to type so much but I am bored and waiting for more action points!!! (hummm ... maybe I play to often!) Whatever, nevermind, what was this thread about, I forget!!! lol
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1133. hozzászólás - 2010.09.28. 04:27:30 (Válasz Hexonx #1132 hozzászólására.)
This POST has been removed due to the fact that it was stupid !!!
A hozzászólást Hexonx módosította 2010.10.04. 07:20:15-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1134. hozzászólás - 2010.09.28. 06:22:16 (Válasz Hexonx #1132 hozzászólására.)
You have a very nice point about difficulty for new players understanding a lot of the stuff unlocked at later levels. I personally found out a lot of things from hungarian players, if it wasnt for them i would still have a lot of uncertain issues with this game. There is a site under development which already explains a lot of these questionsons but again noone can find it unless they know were to look. It should be posted somewere a new player can see it right away. Its http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina.

If the game admins include this site to their welcoming screen or to the info send to new players it will give not only answers when needed but an idea of what the player can get if he/she keeps leveling up. One of the best features of this game is that it lets you learn the basics, then introduces a new game aspect instead of all being available from start creating a mess of menus and information for new players. However for those wanting more info right away the site i mentioned offers them all they will need.

As for your personal questions, if you still have them after checking out this site, post at help needed topic in the forum, or if you are at W1 message me directly. I will be glad to help
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1135. hozzászólás - 2010.09.28. 15:25:52 (Válasz Donimo #1131 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Donimo - 2010.09.27. 22:50:13
Okay, I'm reposting this question now. Unless you can provide some clarity on the spelling mistake?

What state do the NBA team Celtics play for?

Boston
Los Angeles
Detroit
Massachusetts

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

A) Sometimes the spelling status is chosen to avoid penalizing you one quiz question.
B) Those are cities, not states.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1136. hozzászólás - 2010.09.28. 18:35:19 (Válasz stekkos #1134 hozzászólására.)
Thank You ... Yes I went to that link right after I posted. a lot of it is right out of the game but there is some good info that I have never seen any where else like how the infection works!!!
So thanks to Tina or whoever!!!

Now about those Quiz Questions .... I have been rejected again!!! This time the question I took straight out of a General Knowledge Quiz. The question was concerning the sport cricket that is european I think ( I have never played or know anything about it). The question was correct and was as I stated concerned General Knowledge about a European Sport but I still got a BAD QUESTION.... SO instead of being mad and yelling about it I have decided to waste my time but compiling a list of current questions in the database that are either wrong, spelling errors, etc etc. OH and of course I will include the ones that are not general knowledge (well at least not to the average american anyway)

I have answered somewhere around 8,000 questions so far and I have tried to write appx 9 or 10 and only 2 have been accepted. I started my list of BAD QUESTIONS currently in game last night and will be starting a second page today!!! I know it wont do any good other then giving me just a moment of satisfaction so whatever ...

Last time I talked to you about Quiz Questions you gave me hope but after having another 3 or 4 in a row rejected, well I am giving up on that part of the game for good !!!

Whatever, Nevermind!!!
Pontszám: 6.50
averageDonimoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1137. hozzászólás - 2010.09.28. 23:56:55 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1135 hozzászólására.)
Massachusetts is the answer because it's the state. It's a trick question (if you don't think it through, and you know, you'll pick Boston). Are we not allowed questions that are tricky?
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1138. hozzászólás - 2010.09.29. 01:36:37 (Válasz Donimo #1137 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Donimo - 2010.09.28. 23:56:55
Massachusetts is the answer because it's the state. It's a trick question (if you don't think it through, and you know, you'll pick Boston). Are we not allowed questions that are tricky?

I'm not an evaluator, but it seems that questions that try to be tricky get rejected more often.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1139. hozzászólás - 2010.10.03. 18:37:41 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1138 hozzászólására.)
I passed it due to the explanation by the player. I thought also it was a mistake, then noticed the post and got the point. That is a perfect example of forum use. Instead of just re posting 3 times and then come here to ask, you said your point, got discussed by players and proved valid. You re posted, question accepted
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1140. hozzászólás - 2010.10.05. 05:25:39
O_o how is it "incorrect" to say that the correct answer is "none" to:

How many people died when US Airways Flight 1549 made an emergency landing on the Hudson River?
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!