Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1141. hozzászólás - 2010.10.11. 23:15:10
Who invented the first digital clock?

Peter Petrov<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Henry E. Warren
John Wesley
Michael Rolex

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!

whats wrong with this? petrov made first digital clock......
Pontszám: 5
averageSacrosanctFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
55 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1142. hozzászólás - 2010.10.11. 23:24:19
this was my question.

A full moon is ____ times brighter than a half full moon.

why has it been rejected twice because "there are spelling mistakes in the question or answer" when there clearly are NO SPELLING mistakes...
that question is formulated correctly with correct grammar.
I am the Dragon!!! Before you you RIGHTLY Tremble!
averageSquatterFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1143. hozzászólás - 2010.10.12. 01:08:08
Who said "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"?

William Congreve
William Shakespeare
Alexander Pope
Jonathan Swift

Its a quote so Where is the spelling error?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1144. hozzászólás - 2010.10.12. 03:20:06 (Válasz Squatter #1143 hozzászólására.)
It's not exactly a spelling error, but it's a good question just worded wrong and I didn't want to give you a penalty.
Your answer is credited with writing the quote you paraphrased, but he never said it. What he actually wrote was, "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1145. hozzászólás - 2010.10.12. 03:24:50
where's the spelling mistake? is this just spellcheck blindly rejecting a spanish word?

What is a curandero?

a chef who specializes in curry.
a traditional folk healer or shaman.
a rodeo clown.
a teacher of current events.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1146. hozzászólás - 2010.10.12. 03:28:04 (Válasz Squatter #1141 hozzászólására.)
I would be happy to reconsider, but I found the answer to be open to interpretation. Petrov is credited by some in 1968. Some places list the digital clock invented in 1956 with no inventor listed. Some credit Josef Pallweber for a digital time display patent in 1882. Some simply say that it can not be attributed to a single inventor.
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1147. hozzászólás - 2010.10.12. 05:56:04
Pityriasis Capitis is the technical term for?

Athlete's Foot
Dandruff
Acne
Shingles

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

I dont understand the explaination for rejecting this question please explain, also I recieved some kind of warning saying I could lose my right to ask question's, I dont understand what I ve done wrong.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1148. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 03:54:05 (Válasz Skapunkno1 #1147 hozzászólására.)
I cannot answer the first part since i did not evaluate it, the warning you got though it just means to inform you of what could happen in the future if you get too many bad evaluations. You are not currently in danger of loosing your right to post questions, it is an automated thing that pops up after you had a certain number of bad questions.
averageSquatterFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1149. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 05:59:16
What year was the world's first nuclear power plant built?

I cant see the spelling error
averageOryu
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1150. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 06:39:54
I have had two of my questions rejected in the past week. Considering some of the questions that I have answered, my questions are really good.

Oct. 5th: Question: In what position are the mouths held by a set pair of Japanese shishi dogs?
Correct answer: one open and one closed
Reason rejected: only a special group of people might know the answer
My objection: these dogs are used all over Asia and it is common knowledge about how the mouths are held. I don't think that over half the world population is a special group of people.

Oct. 13: Question: Which country first refered to Japan as 'the land of the rising sun'?
Correct answer: China
Reason rejected: answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question
My objection: I see nothing ambiguous about this. All the answers are countries and that is what the question asks for and even simple knowledge of a world map places China west of Japan, therefore the sun would rise from Japan and the other countries only knew of Japan much later in history.

I try writing questions that make people think and give them a little information on the world.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1151. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 12:30:48
In Portuguese, Brazil is written with s - "Brasil". Why does the country have this name?

The country was discovered by Pedro Alvares Brasil
The main indigenous tribe was called Brasil
Because of a tree called Pau-Brasil
Brasil means Big Land in the indigenous language

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

Just because the "evaluator" doesn't know the answer, it doesn't mean it is ambiguous.
And I ended losing the right to another question.

LAME!!!

The questions should be banished. They are the weak spot in the game and the reason most people give up on playing.

Cruel.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1152. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 13:35:23 (Válasz Cruel01 #1151 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.13. 12:30:48
In Portuguese, Brazil is written with s - "Brasil". Why does the country have this name?

The country was discovered by Pedro Alvares Brasil
The main indigenous tribe was called Brasil
Because of a tree called Pau-Brasil
Brasil means Big Land in the indigenous language

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

That's just an awesome question. The evaluator rejected it, but you get an attaboy from me!

Wikipedia says that a few scholars believe that the name of the country comes from some legendary Irish island Hy-Brazil, so that's probably why it got rejected. That seems to be a very minority view, and it was not among the options, so to me, it should have been accepted. I would suggest re-submitting, adding an "Officially" in there somewhere.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1153. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 15:29:18
Thank you for the attaboy

I probably won't submit as it is not worth betting that the "evaluator" will be reasonable. It is easier just to get half the points for declining to propose a question. Not to mention the anger for seeing your perfectly good question being rejected and having to answer to stupid, poorly written and sometimes wrong (!!!!) questions. Not good for the health

Cruel.

P.S. The mythical island theory does not apply because the country was first named "Ilha de Vera Cruz". The name Brasil came later, when there was no doubt that the place was no mythical island.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2010.10.13. 15:30:38-kor
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1154. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 15:55:56 (Válasz Cruel01 #1153 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.13. 15:29:18
P.S. The mythical island theory does not apply because the country was first named "Ilha de Vera Cruz". The name Brasil came later, when there was no doubt that the place was no mythical island.

That's a lot to expect of the evaluators, to get to that level of detail in a 5 minute hunt.

Anyway, if you're not going to re-submit, I'm willing to take the chance to get that question in the database.
averageSacrosanctFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
55 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1155. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 17:52:25
soo.. any answer yet why my question was rejected?

this was my question.

A full moon is ____ times brighter than a half full moon.

why has it been rejected twice because "there are spelling mistakes in the question or answer" when there clearly are NO SPELLING mistakes...

would love to hear where the mistakes are.
I am the Dragon!!! Before you you RIGHTLY Tremble!
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1156. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 18:15:34 (Válasz Sacrosanct #1155 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sacrosanct - 2010.10.13. 17:52:25

would love to hear where the mistakes are.

Sometimes the spelling status is given when there are no spelling mistakes to avoid penalizing you a question. I don't see anything obvious to explain the rejection, but I can make a few guesses. First, I don't think evaluators like fill-in-the-blanks. It might be better to say "A full moon is how many times..." and end with a question mark. Second, most people say "half moon" instead of "half full moon". Third, I don't think evaluators like periods on the answers. None of those seem sufficient to reject it to me. So it could also be an evaluator trying to tell you to stop submitting that question without actually costing you a question.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1157. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 18:28:26 (Válasz Cruel01 #1151 hozzászólására.)
I had your question. My first source listed it came from a noun meaning "embers." I did a google search to look for other options. I then found the tree description. Time was running out, so I went to wikipedia and found "The etymology of Brazil remains unclear." I also see wikipedia lists another possible meaning for the word. So, with no clear answers, I rejected the question.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1158. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 19:24:22 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1157 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.10.13. 18:28:26
I had your question. My first source listed it came from a noun meaning "embers." I did a google search to look for other options. I then found the tree description. Time was running out, so I went to wikipedia and found "The etymology of Brazil remains unclear." I also see wikipedia lists another possible meaning for the word. So, with no clear answers, I rejected the question.

I just resubmitted it, reworded as "Which of these is widely accepted as the origin of the name of the country Brasil (Portuguese spelling of Brazil)?" and it still got rejected. Was that the wording you rejected, or was it the original submission? The widely accepted origin is that it was named after the tree, which was named after the noun meaning "embers". Wikipedia does list another possible meaning, but that was not listed among the possible answers, and I specified "Which of these" in the question. Wikipedia also says that the answer I marked correct "is taught as official in schools of Brazil and Portugal", which should be sufficient to qualify as "widely accepted". So, with my wording, there is precisely one clear answer.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1159. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 19:32:21 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1158 hozzászólására.)
And as long as I'm complaining, what's wrong with this one?

Which of these does George Jetson work for?

Spacely Sprockets
Slate Rock and Gravel Company
Acme Widgets
Wayne Enterprises

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Mr. Spacely is a major character in the Jetsons, and the Jetsons is not some obscure cartoon. Even people who have never seen an episode know that the Jetsons are associated with space age technology, so they'd get the answer correct. And the wrong answers were chosen to be obviously associated with other famous cartoons - Flintstones, Roadrunner, and Batman. This question passes any reasonable "special group" test. By which I mean that whoever rejected it is unreasonable. I hereby call for whoever it was to resign as an evaluator and be replaced with someone who is reasonable.
public enemyRoamaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1160. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 22:50:00
What year was the world's first nuclear power plant built?

Where is the spelling error
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!