Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1201. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 18:54:45 (Válasz manunkind #1198 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.11.22. 16:45:43
can anyone help me find the "spelling mistake"? thanks!

Finish this proverb: If you want a thing done right ...?

hire a professional.
don't let them out of your sight.
do it yourself.
stop doing it left.

I have always seen the proverb "If you want something done right, do it yourself"
Pontszám: 7.50
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1202. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 20:23:24
thanks, ChaoticGemini. that's not really a "spelling error", but i'll give it a try.
Pontszám: 5
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1203. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 20:34:08
*scratches head* that was it. thanks, ChaoticGemini. i think our evaluators need some new feedback options.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1204. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 20:41:34 (Válasz manunkind #1203 hozzászólására.)
Spelling error can really be anything that the evaluators think is a good question, but there is minor problems with it. It could be spelling, grammar, phrasing, etc.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1205. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 22:13:57
I think one of the next upgrades that Kethos needs to tell the programmers we want is a "feedback box" for evaluators to be able to communicate why they rejected the question. Imagine how many problems this one little fix would solve.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1206. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 22:33:37
And a lot more work for the evaluators (like a person calling them retards for rejecting math questions;see above:D)
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1207. hozzászólás - 2010.11.22. 23:55:54 (Válasz dark22 #1206 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.22. 22:33:37
And a lot more work for the evaluators (like a person calling them retards for rejecting math questions;see above:D)

Actually, it would be less work. No rejecting the same thing multiple times. Fewer fights/arguments on the forum. More general goodwill and fewer pissed off users. Plus the feedback could/should be anonymous - so it's tough to insult someone if you don't know who did it.

If you need more Mods - get more Mods. But don't use "more work" as an excuse not to do things better.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1208. hozzászólás - 2010.11.23. 17:00:55 (Válasz Viridel #1207 hozzászólására.)
I agree, it would make our life easier. I am currently the only one with the time to post why i rejected the question, if we had a feedback box i bet most (if not all) evaluators would be giving the reason why. Kethios, any thoughts?
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1209. hozzászólás - 2010.11.24. 03:52:15
My quiz question ... (about a classic movie which I am sure all have seen)

In the 1984 film 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom', villagers ask Indy to return the five stones. What were these stones called?

Shakanara Stones
SANKARA STONES
Shakra Stones
Thuggee Stones

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Then I got this message ...

Attention: Please try to ask respondable questions, and take care to mark the good answer. If you do not take care, you may lose the opportunity to write questions in the future, and you may also lose the opportunity to acquire soul energy this way.

OK that is cut & pasted straight out of game and well looks like there is spelling errors!!! Anyway I have been collecting "BAD" Questions for a few weeks now and have at least a few dozen real "BAD" ones!!!
Would you like me to post them here for your evaluation or NO???

Just a question from a me ... a faithful DOOMLORD!!!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1210. hozzászólás - 2010.11.24. 05:40:05 (Válasz Hexonx #1209 hozzászólására.)
First let me assure you the message you got was an automated warning that means nothing in reality. It was not a personal message for you. As for the question, it is a classic but do not take for granded all have seen it. But the issue here that got your question rejected is not how many people saw it. Is the fact that even those that did, including me (i even have the trilogy at home and watched each several times) might not remember that detail. As explained in the quiz rules topic, movies should keep to the basics, lead characters, main theme of the story etc.

And last but not least, your answers made that more difficult since you put 3 words very similar as options. So after exluding those that did not see the movie and those that do not remember, now not even those that do remember can be sure unless they saw the word written or were paying extra attention to how it was pronounced.

So you see, if you take all these into consideration, the question is good but not for the general puplic
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.11.24. 05:44:08-kor
Pontszám: 7
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1211. hozzászólás - 2010.11.25. 07:20:05
A hozzászólást Hexonx módosította 2010.11.25. 07:21:03-kor
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1212. hozzászólás - 2010.11.25. 07:22:07 (Válasz stekkos #1210 hozzászólására.)
Oh OK maybe I need to read the rules again ... OK Fine you are right!!!

After all, my mind is like a steal trap ... Once it gets in there it's harder then heck to get it out again!!! lol

Thank You
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1213. hozzászólás - 2010.11.25. 07:22:16 (Válasz stekkos #1210 hozzászólására.)
Oh OK maybe I need to read the rules again ... OK Fine you are right!!!

After all, my mind is like a steal trap ... Once it gets in there it's harder then heck to get it out again!!! lol

Thank You
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1214. hozzászólás - 2010.11.25. 14:13:49
what's ambiguous or wrong about these answers? thanks.

According to the proverb, what happens when you lie down with dogs?

You get a good night's rest.
You are safe from predators.
You may smell a bit.
You wake up with fleas.
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1215. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 08:57:19
how many numbers are there if you were to write out numerically 1-10?

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

does the mental giant who denied this question need spell check to determine everything is right or is it to hard to figure out the question is asking you to actually get out a pen/pencil and write out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and then count how many numbers there are. daft, dumb and in just the right position to be the judge of others. If I'm wrong about any of the spelling I'll happily apologize, and i know mistakes can be made but this was the 2nd time it was denied so it wasn't a mistake or possible over site. If English or American English is to hard to understand maybe taking it on as a second language isn't for those who are expected to make judgment calls.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
Pontszám: 2.33
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1216. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 15:49:41 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1215 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.02. 08:57:19

does the mental giant who denied this question need spell check to determine everything is right or is it to hard to figure out the question is asking you to actually get out a pen/pencil and write out 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and then count how many numbers there are. daft, dumb and in just the right position to be the judge of others. If I'm wrong about any of the spelling I'll happily apologize, and i know mistakes can be made but this was the 2nd time it was denied so it wasn't a mistake or possible over site. If English or American English is to hard to understand maybe taking it on as a second language isn't for those who are expected to make judgment calls.

1-10 = -9
The way you have phrased the question it might be either the series 1 through 10, "1-10", or -9, where the correct answers would be 10, 2, and 1 respectively. No it's not 11, 3, and 1. 10 is one umber not two.
Pontszám: 6.50
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1217. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 13:33:09 (Válasz MartinBV #1216 hozzászólására.)
you are mistaken my friend, it takes 2(two) numbers(#s) to make the number(#) 10(ten) = a one(1) and a zero(0) (wrote it out in hopes it wouldn't confuse) unless I was misinformed and there's an advanced system of numerals beyond the standard 0 through 9 i was taught since preschool. If that is the case I feel I've been cheated, my intelligence and all I understand science to be built upon is but a fraction of the truth. This is what finding hidden knowledge feels like, its very humbling i assure you and i shall do all i can to remedy this. Aside from that though, the question is specific where it states "Write out" not add together or "in this mathematical problem 1-10".
Where I was afraid I had somehow added to much to an otherwise straight forward simple question, you have enlightened me to the fact that it was just the opposite and more clarification to each verb and noun should be applied to this intricate and complex equation. I will not let you down again, I will go back to the drawing board and construct only the finest spelled and punctuated question worthy of the gems that are already there. Indebted to you sir ~V~
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1218. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 14:22:11 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1215 hozzászólására.)
Let me draw the attention of your mental highness that the rejection was with SPELLING mistake. Since when do we start sentences with lowercase letters?

Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.02. 08:57:19

A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2010.12.03. 14:24:49-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1219. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 15:43:12 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1217 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.03. 13:33:09
you are mistaken my friend, it takes 2(two) numbers(#s) to make the number(#) 10(ten) = a one(1) and a zero(0) (wrote it out in hopes it wouldn't confuse) unless I was misinformed and there's an advanced system of numerals beyond the standard 0 through 9 i was taught since preschool. If that is the case I feel I've been cheated, my intelligence and all I understand science to be built upon is but a fraction of the truth. This is what finding hidden knowledge feels like, its very humbling i assure you and i shall do all i can to remedy this. Aside from that though, the question is specific where it states "Write out" not add together or "in this mathematical problem 1-10".
Where I was afraid I had somehow added to much to an otherwise straight forward simple question, you have enlightened me to the fact that it was just the opposite and more clarification to each verb and noun should be applied to this intricate and complex equation. I will not let you down again, I will go back to the drawing board and construct only the finest spelled and punctuated question worthy of the gems that are already there. Indebted to you sir ~V~

Sorry to disappoint you but ten (10) is a two digit number. I don't hope I have destroyed your faith in the educational system of your country, but if they failed to teach you the difference between a number and a digit, I'm afraid they did not live up to their responsibility.
Pontszám: 6.50
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1220. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 23:13:30 (Válasz MartinBV #1219 hozzászólására.)
Touche' El douche',
A digit is
1. a symbol (a number symbol, e.g. "3" or "7") used in numerals (combinations of symbols, e.g. "37"), to represent numbers (integers or real numbers) in positional numeral systems.
2. any of the divisions (as a finger or toe) in which the limbs of amphibians and all higher vertebrates including humans terminate, which are typically five in number
[nuhm-ber]
–noun
a numeral or group of numerals.
the sum, total, count, or aggregate of a collection of units, or the like: A number of people were hurt in the accident. The number of homeless children in the city has risen alarmingly.

Now the question asks "How many numbers (the sum of or amount of) Not digits or units (symbols that represent a what... lets say it together... number) would you end up with when 1-10 is written out in numerical order. While 10 is, of itself, A number it is represented by 2 different numbers in a numerical sequence. Splitting hairs and adding words that have more than 1 meaning (how confusing would it be for a poor fool mistaking your digits for fingers had the question been phrased your way) just adds confusion. As the saying goes "Those who can Do, Those who can't Teach" just as an Artist creates and the Hacks critique. Your evaluation or critique has been nothing short of priceless.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!