Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
averageKiljaeden
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1421. hozzászólás - 2011.03.01. 17:34:54 (Válasz MartinBV #1419 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.02.28. 07:01:29

About the breathing issue, some people can hold their breath for considerable longer than 5 minutes with no ill effect, this might also be the reason for the rejection.

True, but people who do that are both rare and go through rather vigorous training and preparation beforehand, such as techniques to slow down their metabolism and breathing pure oxygen for up to half an hour beforehand to hyper-oxygenate their blood. I would have thought that exotic outliers like this wouldn't be considered when evaluating a question; I know I wouldn't consider them. Should I have worded my question "if an average human can't breath...."?
Pontszám: 5
very popularGalanaNő
Végzetúr poronty
24 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1422. hozzászólás - 2011.03.01. 17:57:09 (Válasz MartinBV #1419 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.02.28. 07:01:29
About radioactive decay: It is a lot more complicated than that. It is true that most radioactive decay goes towards iron, as iron is the most stable element, some iron isotopes can however decay towards other elements. When going into nuclear physics it becomes a lot more complicated, as fusion and fission have produced all the known elements. However reactions away from iron tends to absorbs energy while reactions towards iron tends to releases energy.

I was guessing this answer would be Carbon, as Carbon-dating is used to determine ages of things. So if this question had been accepted, I would have learned something new, and probably done further reading on it. Instead we have another failure of the quiz system.
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1423. hozzászólás - 2011.03.11. 07:35:23
According to the Mayan Tun calender when is the end of our (mankind's) last era of consciousness?

Dec 12, 2012
Oct 28, 2011
Jan 1, 2013
trick question there's no such calender

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1424. hozzászólás - 2011.03.29. 15:40:18
Who were the English Hockey Mens Senior Champions in the 1980-81 season?

Luton
Middlesex
Kent
Buckinghamshire

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I put this in as there is a question which asks "Who won Superbowl XV". That really means "Who won the American Mens Senior US Football Championship in the 1980-81 season". Why is that question acceptable, concerning a national champinship winner from 30 years age but this question, about a sport played in far more countries than US Football, is unacceptable? Both are equally easy to look up on the internet but mine is more relevant to General Knowledge than the other.
Pontszám: 7.50
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1425. hozzászólás - 2011.04.08. 10:10:00 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #1424 hozzászólására.)
It took 30 minutes to throw out this question yet my request here is still waiting after 11 days!

Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.03.29. 15:40:18
Who were the English Hockey Mens Senior Champions in the 1980-81 season?

Luton
Middlesex
Kent
Buckinghamshire

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I put this in as there is a question which asks "Who won Superbowl XV". That really means "Who won the American Mens Senior US Football Championship in the 1980-81 season". Why is that question acceptable, concerning a national champinship winner from 30 years age but this question, about a sport played in far more countries than US Football, is unacceptable? Both are equally easy to look up on the internet but mine is more relevant to General Knowledge than the other.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedIlyanna
Végzetúr poronty
52 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1426. hozzászólás - 2011.04.14. 05:27:58
This is exactly how my quiz question was sent in. Before you tell an English major their question is valued bad because of spelling errors you better look the words up in an English dictionary. There isn't one word misspelled. I'm sick and tired of your reasons for rejecting quiz questions. Half the time you people don't know what you're talking about. I've seen questions with horrible spelling errors and complete mangling of the English language and they still are accepted. You better come up with a different reason than this because quite frankly who ever looked this question over doesn't know how to spell themselves. Maybe it would help having someone who actually has English as their mother tongue look these questions over for errors.

In which band did Rod Stewart come to prominence?

Faces
The Jeff Beck Group
The Kinks
The Raiders

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1427. hozzászólás - 2011.04.14. 08:50:00
lol i hate to say it but make The in band name lower case

Faces
the Jeff Beck Group
the Kinks
the Raiders

its a good question tho silly thing to reject for ( if that what it was rejected for)
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1428. hozzászólás - 2011.04.14. 11:51:58
Please note, if you have spelling/grammatical/typo errors, it's not a big deal, you can simply correct the question and resubmit it, you do not lose anything!
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1429. hozzászólás - 2011.04.14. 15:44:48 (Válasz Ilyanna #1426 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Ilyanna - 2011.04.14. 05:27:58
In which band did Rod Stewart come to prominence?

Faces
The Jeff Beck Group
The Kinks
The Raiders

My guess would be this got rejected because the correct answer was marked - it's the only one missing a "The". Note that the spelling mistakes reason is used for a lot of things other than actual spelling mistakes, as it is one of the two reasons that don't carry a penalty. So if there aren't misspellings, you should read it as "We almost accepted this, but not quite."
averageauntiggy
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1430. hozzászólás - 2011.04.14. 17:14:25
Then how the heck am I supposed to know what to fix in it? Because I capitalized The. How petty. There are no misspelled words and no gramatical errors.

@ ImLittleJon - don't make assumptions that something is a correct answer because it is written different than the others. You would be wrong if you answered it that way.
A hozzászólást auntiggy módosította 2011.04.14. 17:22:06-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1431. hozzászólás - 2011.04.14. 17:56:32
actually LittleJon is prob right,

ive had questions rejected for the captitlised T before

but int his case also the fact that one band doesnt use a the in it is also a valid reason to be rejected
everyone's favoritePhaedrus2Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1432. hozzászólás - 2011.04.30. 13:25:25
I've been banned from writing quiz questions, but I'd really like another shot at it. I was googling my answers and thought I was asking good questions, but they were deemed misspelled, arbitrary, or some other rather abstract reason, which I think may mean they were already in the database or something, but they weren't really mis-spelled or grammatically bad. I keep reading the rules, and I'm trying to follow them and would like to continue to try. Thanks for your consideration.

Phaedrus2
A hozzászólást Phaedrus2 módosította 2011.04.30. 21:06:52-kor
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Somebody Needs a Dictionary
1433. hozzászólás - 2011.05.07. 06:01:07
You keep telling me my question is too ambiguous. Do you have any idea what that word means?
My questions are anything BUT ambiguous. It is getting to where you are wasting my time even TRYING to submit quiz questions.
I'm either told that they are ambiguous, or that only a specific group would know the answer,
yet the database is filled with questions that OBVIOUSLY would not be known by everybody.
How many people who grew up in Asia would know that Mr Ed was a talking horse, for example. Come on you guys.
I found them on the internet. Why cant somebody find the answers the same way?
Look at how some of these questions are worded even, some of the worst grammar on the planet sometimes.
And you are going to tell an English Major their questions are ambiguous?
How long before somebody realizes the button that says I wish to renounce, is the opposite of what it does?
A hozzászólást Younglord módosította 2011.05.07. 06:05:47-kor
very populardigitalisFérfi
Végzetúr tehetség
182 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1434. hozzászólás - 2011.05.07. 14:44:45
March 14th (in the U.S.) is celebrated as what day?

pi
diameter
radius
pancake

What spelling mistake? I can only think it means pi ( π ) but pi to three sig. figs is 3.14 which is how Americans write the forteenth of March and as it is the answer to the question cannot be replaced with a different answer
very popularPumpkinFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1435. hozzászólás - 2011.05.19. 13:56:42
Who never won the Nobel Prize in Literature?

Solzhenitsyn
Sholokhov
Pasternak
Bulgakov *

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

That's why I stopped in quests at W4.
Thanx for the unschooled only-google-users!
(http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/)
.. da psyeye (exW2)
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1436. hozzászólás - 2011.05.19. 16:55:06 (Válasz Pumpkin #1435 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pumpkin - 2011.05.19. 13:56:42
Who never won the Nobel Prize in Literature?

Solzhenitsyn
Sholokhov
Pasternak
Bulgakov *

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

That's why I stopped in quests at W4.
Thanx for the unschooled only-google-users!
(http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/)

Odd one out questions, like this one, are supposed to not be passed. See http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,14.0
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1437. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 02:24:50
According to Greek mythology, who was the God of wisdom?

Apollo
Hades
Hephaetsus
Thanatos

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1438. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 02:31:31 (Válasz Dolp13 #1437 hozzászólására.)
To whichever moderator deemed this as incorrect or whatever you think it may be, I would like to have my quiz question back and I would like a real explanation on the denial of this as a real question.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1439. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 07:20:15
I did not evaluate your question, but all searches on Google annd my memory indicates that the correct answer is Athena.

Apollo was the god of knowledge, but not of wisdom.
Pontszám: 6.50
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1440. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 09:33:19 (Válasz MartinBV #1439 hozzászólására.)
Apollo was the god of intellectual wisdom-music medicine..., Athena was the goddess of practical wisdom-crafts, textiles... Both are wisdom and I said god not goddess.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője