Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1501. hozzászólás - 2012.05.03. 23:45:00 (Válasz Mosquito665 #1500 hozzászólására.)
Clearly you assume things of the evaluators too
Plus, google results (that are also skewed by your home country) do not determine the validity of a question.
Pontszám: 5
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1502. hozzászólás - 2012.05.04. 21:35:22 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1501 hozzászólására.)
and how many different meaning did u find???
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1503. hozzászólás - 2012.05.13. 01:39:26
lol
This is some sort of joke, right?
Knowing how the quiz evaluation works and being forced by a quest to suffer through this again, I simply came up with a very easy and simple question just to avoid a rejection. And guess what?

What occurs once every year?

Summer
Full Moon
Olympic Games
Solar eclipse

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

And don't give me that bs that it occurs once in the southern hemisphere and once in the northern or even that it occurs many times in other planets. It is a simple question with a simple answer. No ambiguity at all!

Cruel.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1504. hozzászólás - 2012.05.13. 17:06:35
^ He's quite right.

There's no ambiguity in that - even a 12 year old would know.
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2012.05.13. 17:06:50-kor
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1505. hozzászólás - 2012.07.17. 02:32:11
Question-
If you were numbering the top 100 Doomlords from 1 to 100, how many times would you use the number 9?
Answer 20 times.

Was rejected and i got this message....."According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge."
and this warning !!!!
"Attention: Please try to ask respondable questions, and take care to mark the good answer. If you do not take care, you may lose the opportunity to write questions in the future, and you may also lose the opportunity to acquire soul energy this way."

If you write the numbers from 1-100 you will use the number 9 ,20 times.
How is this an uninteresting lexical knowledge!!!!??

And wtf does an "an uninteresting lexical knowledge" actually mean?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1506. hozzászólás - 2012.07.22. 09:08:43 (Válasz Dancer #1505 hozzászólására.)
I rejected this one. No knowledge is gained by the question and in most cases someone would have to count it out, especially with the choices you had of 18, 19, 20, 21. Sorry, you were not happy with my judgement call. I try to avoid that evaluation when possible because it is a subjective evaluation.

The "Attention: Please try to ask..." message is auto generated whenever a question is rejected. I have only heard of one person that had his write to ask questions revoked, but he was intentionally writing bad questions and it was only a temporary block. So, do not worry too much about that warning.
very populardigitalisFérfi
Végzetúr tehetség
182 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1507. hozzászólás - 2012.10.03. 13:09:24
What is a 'Gosunder'?

A chamber-pot for having a wee in <---------- correct
A duck
A level 2 armour
A helicopter

Just trying to add a little humour as well as trivial information. The chamber -pot is called so as it 'gosunder' the bed at night.

Why would this question be rejected as "Bad, incorrect question"? Surely not for the word 'wee'?
There are already questions about 'night soil' and 'hermaphrodites'
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1508. hozzászólás - 2012.10.05. 17:18:24
digitalis, i get nothing when i google 'Gosunder'. are you sure it's spelled right?
Végzetúr tehetség
182 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1509. hozzászólás - 2012.10.06. 00:37:46 (Válasz manunkind #1508 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2012.10.05. 17:18:24
digitalis, i get nothing when i google 'Gosunder'. are you sure it's spelled right?

http://books.google.co.uk/books? id=PY5HHVAU3UMC&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=chamberpot+gosunder&source=bl&ots=dcCbmIb7YY &sig=qahlne5E7h9_tfo_sr48vc6IDm8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IH1vUIG6Jqmr0QWg_YGIBQ&sqi=2&ved= 0CCkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=chamberpot%20gosunder&f=false

but to be fair I googled chamberpot gosunder to get this link.
A hozzászólást digitalis módosította 2012.10.06. 01:11:33-kor
very popularJohannes Buckbeak
Végzetúr poronty
105 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1510. hozzászólás - 2012.10.09. 21:04:13
It's very much a slang or joke name - because a chamber pot "goes under" the bed - or at least it did, fifty years ago. I have to say that I think this is a bit of a weak question, not because of the "wee" but because it is such a particular bit of slang, and because it is so hard to Google - you get all sort of hits on other things. And you can't say it is "spelled right" because it's not a proper word.

However, having said that, "Bad, incorrect question" is an awful way to give feedback. Apart from anything else, it is illiterate - what is an incorrect question? You can have an incorrect answer, but an incorrect question is meaningless. Worse, this response leaves the person setting the question with no idea what was wrong with it.

I must say that the whole question assessment process is by far the worst thing in this game. It amazes me that the developers put so much effort into getting other things right, but the quiz system - which is probably the one unique part of Doomlord - is left unfixed. I have almost given up creating questions because of the rage I feel when some perfectly good question is rejected for no good reason. When you ask why, half the time all you get is guesses from people on the forum. There also seems to be a dismal lack of understanding by some of the quiz assessors about what an "odd one out" question is. I would suggest that we need a completely revised set of feedback messages and - most importantly - a one line free text message so the assessor can say exactly what they didn't like.
Pontszám: 6.50
Végzetúr tehetség
182 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1511. hozzászólás - 2012.10.10. 03:12:51 (Válasz Johannes Buckbeak #1510 hozzászólására.)
Thanks J B ...guess it was a rather weak question...
as you say, "Bad. incorrect question" does not help the setter decide what is wrong with the question. A little more information would have been appreciated.
very popularMiasma
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1512. hozzászólás - 2012.10.28. 09:02:54
Who played the character Mr Fiddler in the film 'Carry on Camping'?

Charles Hawtrey
Peter Butterworth *
Kenneth Conner
Jimmy Saville

This question is already part of the database.

I hope the reason for rejection of the question will not therefore cost me another 100 correct answers to make additional questions.
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1513. hozzászólás - 2012.11.14. 07:48:29 (Válasz Miasma #1512 hozzászólására.)
If your question is rejected with the reasons of "spelling error" or "already in the database", you automatically get another possibility to write a new question or correct the old one.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1514. hozzászólás - 2012.12.19. 05:26:27
This question was refused, because.........."Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question."

Which is the best definition of Lexical?

Of or relating to words or dictionaries.
A drunken insult.
Nothing, I just made it up and use it to look clever.
It is a perfect example of a malapropism.

Yes three of the answers are wrong, but I thought that was the point................But none are ambiguous, and only one answer is the correct definition.
At least my question teaches the correct meaning of lexical.................

Maybe my next question will be "What is the definition of ambiguous!!!"

I wouldn't be so upset if it wasnt for the fact that the very next question I answered in the database was this one, where the answers make no sense whatsoever to the question............

According to legend you cant see a vampire when you try to take a________?
...photograph
....stake to it's heart
.... holy water to its face
....cross in its face
( BTW, I love the way the poster isn't sure about the apostrophe in it's, so decides to use it once and not the other times, very precise.)

Try to take a cross in its face?? !!!!!
Try to take a holy water to it's face ??!!!
Cant see a vampire when you try to take a photograph?
Yes I know that you cant see a vampire when you try to photograph ONE,
But I also know that I have never seen a vampire when i tried to take a photograph. Call me pedantic, but i try not to be ambiguous!

And there lies the problem, if the evaluators cannot judge the language well enough that these trashy ones get through, how can they judge on legitimate ones with no spelling or grammatical errors?
A hozzászólást Dancer módosította 2012.12.19. 05:46:25-kor
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1515. hozzászólás - 2012.12.19. 07:42:18 (Válasz Dancer #1514 hozzászólására.)
According to our evaluation policy we do not accept questions, when one of the answers is the equivalent of "there is no such thing".

Unfortunately when a question is rejected, the explanation message is automatic or there is no explanation at all. I'm sorry for the ambiguity of the explanation in this case. Your third answer is nicely formed, but we still count it as wrong from the aspect of evaluation.
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1516. hozzászólás - 2012.12.27. 09:26:10
I sort of expected that answer.
Just amazed that it was refused when in the question after that I included, at least half of the answers make no sense whatsoever?

Seems that if a player writes an illiterate, illogical question, full of spelling and grammatical errors, no problem.
Write a thought out, educational and informative one. That you have bothered to run a spell check if necessary over, and no chance.

At least it wasn't refused on the basis of being of "Uninteresting lexical knowledge"
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1517. hozzászólás - 2013.02.11. 07:40:02
A member of my clan lodged the following question:

By the end of 2012 which G20 nation elected the 7th Prime Minister in 6 years?

Japan <----
Greece
Spain
Argentina

He received the following generic reply:

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

So, yours truly, being the surly Wombat what I is, did this:

Copy and paste question to Google, hit enter... wait a second..... read down supplied answers .......
result number three:

"Japan Election: At the Crossroads | Fair Observer°
fairobserver.com/360theme/japan-election-crossroads
Dec 19, 2012 – The next Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, must consider serious reforms in order to ... Tellingly, Abe is now the country's seventh Prime Minister within six years. ... On 10 August 2012, the bill successfully passed both chambers of the ... of annual GDP in2011; by far the highest public debt among G20 nations."

Damn sight easier to find the answer to that than a couple of questions I coped today. Maybe it would be an idea if the folks vetting the questions had 'Google' set to international rather than their local region?
The ONLY Wombat on W3
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1518. hozzászólás - 2013.02.12. 07:36:50 (Válasz Furlozza #1517 hozzászólására.)
I can find the answer, too and the Google is automatically set to international if you type (or copy) an English question.
The problem is, that I don't think any non-Japanese person can answer this question from memory or by logics. And quiz is not intended to be a "who can use Google" game.

However the evaluation is a subjective thing, so you may be right and perhaps this is not such a special question as I think.
popularKalannFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
139 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1519. hozzászólás - 2013.02.12. 10:26:22 (Válasz Hatsepsut #1518 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hatsepsut - 2013.02.12. 07:36:50
The problem is, that I don't think any non-Japanese person can answer this question from memory or by logics. And quiz is not intended to be a "who can use Google" game.

The fact that it comes out in international news means that non-japanese have a fair chance of knowing the answer. Japanese national politics have a certain international importance (as opposed to Swaziland or Bhutan, for example), because they have an international impact.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure there are more players with knowledge about japanese politics than about baseball. There are a bunch of questions about baseball in the database, and yet only 2 countries in the world play the game. Basically, if you're not american or japanese, baseball is the same thing as paraguayan cooking ~ i.e. "uninteresting, lexical knowledge".

About Google : For those of us the view the quizz seriously, as a game mechanic to extract more SE from our hunts, getting the answer right is important, so google will be used. I can pretty much answer 90% of the questions on my own now, but I still use google from time to time. Google is the backup solution for most players, so the "googlability" of a question should be taken into account during the evaluation. It would certainly reduce the subjectivity of the evaluation process, as it is based on a ressource available to all players.

You know that players use google. Otherwise, why would it be impossible to copy questions during the quizz olympics ?
W1 - Kalann
W2 - Azanael
W3 - Haakon
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1520. hozzászólás - 2013.02.12. 14:24:04 (Válasz Hatsepsut #1518 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hatsepsut - 2013.02.12. 07:36:50

However the evaluation is a subjective thing, so you may be right and perhaps this is not such a special question as I think.

Does this mean that my Clan mate can resubmit the question and it WILL be accepted?

(yeah, Wombat still in slightly surly mood )
The ONLY Wombat on W3
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!