Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
very popularDenisahNő
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
201. hozzászólás - 2009.12.20. 10:48:27
Thanks for help. I reposted the Q with According and Jason.
Pontszám: 5
much likedMitillos
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
202. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 11:39:20
2 Questions

1) Which of the following words means a type of train, a comet, a bird, a type of number, a church official, a type of grape and a type of vowel?

Caper
Cardinal <---- Correct answer
Cordon
None of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

2) After which animal are the canary islands named?

Cat
Canary
Dog <--- Correct Answer
(I don't remember the 4th answer I gave here)

This questions was marked bad as "too easy or an arithmetic problem"

I can accept that maybe a lot of people know the latin form of dog, canis, so maybe the second one was easy. But what on earth was wrong with the first one?
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
203. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 11:47:03 (Válasz Mitillos #202 hozzászólására.)
For number 1: I think the none of the above its the problem, sometimes they dont like it.

For 2: I dont see the problem, lets wait for Pogaxa to explain
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
204. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 13:03:36 (Válasz Mitillos #202 hozzászólására.)
"none of the above" makes any perfect question ruined.. i'm sure you can find a fourth Consumable answer for this really good question
Pontszám: 4
much likedMitillos
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
205. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 13:13:22
"None of the above" makes it seem like a trick question. Although in this case it isn't. Which is part of the appeal, because then people will answer "none of the above" assuming it's the right answer. However, your reasoning is incomplete and therefore flawed, since all you are saying is "I don't like 'None of the above' as an answer", without any substantiation.

Nevertheless, to avoid this sort of frustration, I'll just not post questions from now on.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
206. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 13:20:20 (Válasz Mitillos #205 hozzászólására.)
Not posting is not the answer, i tried it Just do what the borg would do: Adapt
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
207. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 13:50:38 (Válasz Mitillos #205 hozzászólására.)
surely it's your decision but in my opinion being resentful is not a behaviour people should have when they are able to put up good questions... and, my answer is/was obviously not flawless as i'm not that myself.
much likedMitillos
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
208. hozzászólás - 2009.12.21. 18:13:55
@stekkos: The borg do not adapt; they assimilate. Huge difference.
@Pogaxa: I am not resentful, I'm just taking the simplest route. I am astonished at the weirdness that goes on with the questions. Some things get through, some don't and it seems to be purely subjective and completely inconsistent from what I've seen so far. Rather than having to deal with that, when I am not even being given valid reasons for my questions being rejected, I'll just not post, except very rarely, getting the guaranteed SE from declining instead. And since you know you are not flawless (some people don't), you could ask whether others would be willing to review the questions as well, in the form of a committee.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
209. hozzászólás - 2009.12.22. 05:36:45 (Válasz Mitillos #208 hozzászólására.)
You do get double the se though for an accepted post, it seems low now but at higher levels it makes a big difference.
Pontszám: 6.50
irritatinghunglo
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
210. hozzászólás - 2010.01.20. 07:26:05
how this question is limited to a select few i don't know. especially since i don't know of anyone who hasn't seen a star trek show or movie in the last 20 some years. i see questions all the time that are for a special group of people like soccor fans and such accepted.

In the Star Trek tv series, what was Dr. McCoy's nickname?

Bones
Doc
Sawbones
Mac

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
211. hozzászólás - 2010.01.20. 07:51:42 (Válasz hunglo #210 hozzászólására.)
TV series are limited to a group that actually had chance to watch it in their home country.

Try a question with the Star Trek movie. Movies are probably more popular among the countries.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
irritatinghunglo
Végzetúr poronty
20 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
212. hozzászólás - 2010.01.20. 14:23:13 (Válasz Kethios #211 hozzászólására.)
in the newest star trek movie it too tells how dr. mccoy got his nickname. so it seems that the quiz is meant for europian players and not usa players.
Pontszám: 5.33
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
213. hozzászólás - 2010.01.21. 07:24:50 (Válasz hunglo #212 hozzászólására.)
Well, I haven't seen that movie.. I would not know the answer but I would not drop back your question since google is our friend and the next time you'll know what to pick.

Just try a different question, as long as players are rating questions there will be always dropped back questions that shouldn't be dropped back by players.

As I see, the admins aren't active enough to correct the questions and let them appear in the datebase.

My best advice: try to write another one.
hatedkitrone
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
214. hozzászólás - 2010.01.25. 15:53:56 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Your quiz question is valued as „Bad question”!
Explanation: According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

There are questions about playwrites of the 1800s, what color a litmus strip turn and questions about the Muslim and Christian religion. Yet a movie trivia question about the 90s is rejected as a "special group knowledge"? that is rediculous in my opinion. I wasnt alive in the 1800s and had to look the playwrite question up on google. Im not a muslim either, same outcome... I only knew the litmus one and the christian one because... I AM PART OF THOSE SPECIAL GROUPS!

ADMIN PLEASE GET INVOLVED IN THIS PROCESS SO THAT PLAYERS DONT WASTE TIME HAVING LEGITIMATE QUESTIONS REJECTED WHEN I SEE WRONG ANSWER/QUESTIONS IN MY HUNTS ALMOST EVERY TIME.

Here was my question:
Which movie is the character "Sho Nuff" from? 1. Enter the Dragon 2. Big Trouble in Little China 3. Men at Work 4. The Last Dragon.

I can imagine if i asked something like "What is my birthday?" 1. January 28th 2. July 12th 3. December 19th 4 February 10th...." that is special group knowledge.
A hozzászólást kitrone módosította 2010.01.25. 16:04:47-kor
hatedkitrone
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
215. hozzászólás - 2010.01.25. 16:02:35 (Válasz Denisah #201 hozzászólására.)
By the way. Who exactly does the evaluation of these questions? I have never been asked to evaluate a question...
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
216. hozzászólás - 2010.01.25. 18:07:17 (Válasz kitrone #215 hozzászólására.)
Well in the HUN server players evaulate the questions. I don't know who does here.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
217. hozzászólás - 2010.01.25. 18:08:02 (Válasz Kethios #216 hozzászólására.)
Pogaxa evaluates a lot, i guess the players are still not in the loop
averagecabatz
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
218. hozzászólás - 2010.01.25. 23:27:52
My last two questions were rejected?? I tried to find something Universal and Intellectual,something everybody in the world would and should know. The atlantic Ocean was named after the Mythic Society Atlantis.This is taught in school here in the US. A solar eclipsewhen the moon moves between the Sun and earth,Lunar eclipse is when the Earth moves between the Sun and the moon.This is also taught in the US.I apologize for the bad questions.I won't make any more!!1 PLEASE DON'T USE my question about alternative energy sources as I'm sure this question is also ambiguous.
averagecabatz
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
219. hozzászólás - 2010.01.25. 23:38:50
Also I'd like to point out that 25% of the questions anybody in the west would not know as they are from societies that we don't live in,not part of our history,or education system.How did they pass?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
220. hozzászólás - 2010.01.26. 05:15:31
How many star trek movies are there?

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I posted this question just to test the theory that star trek questions are considered very special and unfortunately i was right. When a player posted about star trek, the suggestion was to post about movies, not the series. So after reading that i decided to post the simplest, most used type of question about movies. Please reply to this evaluators: How do you justify considering "How many star wars, terminator, die hard, rocky, etc" type of questions ok, but rejecting that one?? I feel this is unjust and goes right down to personal interest and knowledge of the evaluators rather than general consideration of the players in this game.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!