Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
261. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 09:17:48 (Válasz Dedhed #260 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.03. 08:21:50
Is it saying that the pioneers of flight (including every plane that is in the sky), is of no importance?

Not at all! It's just saying that the first name of 2 guys that built upon the work done for centuries is uninteresting and useless information.
Pontszám: 3.67
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
262. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 10:07:19 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #261 hozzászólására.)
I disagree that this is unimportant knowledge. I find this of more importance than Dragon highlord in some novels...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 6.50
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
263. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 10:11:57 (Válasz Dedhed #260 hozzászólására.)
no, they are obviously important. but if you say Wright brothers, everyone knows who you talk about without knowing their first names.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
264. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 11:40:33 (Válasz Pogaxa #263 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.02.03. 10:11:57
no, they are obviously important. but if you say Wright brothers, everyone knows who you talk about without knowing their first names.

EXACTLY! They know the name Wright Brothers, but his question was what is their first names and whomever evaluated it said it was useless/lexical to know the first names. I'm not saying there are not questions in the database that should have had that evaluation, just explaining why it could have been valued that way.
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
265. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 12:48:56
so, let's say you became famous and invent something. Wouldn't you like people to know your name as well, rather than just your Last name?
I do know that 95% will know them by their last name, but in my opinion, the purpose of the (any) quiz is to learn something new...
Pontszám: 7
likedM4jor P4yneFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
266. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 23:39:56
It is a shame that my question was taken out because it is too hard.......(below 25% correct answers)

(Which Planet in our Solar System Rotates (on it's axis) opposite to all the other planets?)

I must explain that i have chosen the category of space for my questions because space knowledge is Global.......The facts are the same for everyone........Like mathematics 1+1 in one country is the same for any other country
I know it is a hard question....but any question is hard if you don't know it

Myself i enjoy the fact that you receive the answer if you get a question wrong as i feel that i am learning something.....Then the next time i get the same question i now know the answer

I didn't realise that i was meant to ask very easy questions.......most of the people i see in the forum seem very educated surely some challenge is meant to be issued

Thanks for your time....and by the way the game is great....personally i love the challenge
Pontszám: 5.50
averageRedShogunFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
267. hozzászólás - 2010.02.04. 04:55:44 (Válasz M4jor P4yne #266 hozzászólására.)
I checked Google (yes I Google the answers when I get stumped! I'm shameless!) and found both Venus and Uranus as answers. Maybe that's the problem?

I do agree that it's fun to learn these bits of trivia.
likedM4jor P4yneFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
268. hozzászólás - 2010.02.04. 07:24:49
Idézet: RedShogun - 2010.02.04. 04:55:44
I checked Google (yes I Google the answers when I get stumped! I'm shameless!) and found both Venus and Uranus as answers. Maybe that's the problem?

I do agree that it's fun to learn these bits of trivia.

Uranus rotates on it's back (so to say)........That's basically why i put down opposite not just different, otherwise Uranus could be included in that question yes....

Thanks for the interest Red
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
269. hozzászólás - 2010.02.04. 12:07:34
What was the score of the football match between England and Hungary in the 1953 world cup?

this is relevant how? to whom?
Pontszám: 6.67
averagePhantomNő
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
270. hozzászólás - 2010.02.05. 23:19:51
I was really disappointed to have my latest question, "In what month does the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament mainly take place?" evaluated as "uninteresting lexical knowledge." I thought I had found a clever way to ask who recognized the full name of the tournament that most people know as March Madness.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
271. hozzászólás - 2010.02.06. 06:59:48 (Válasz Phantom #270 hozzászólására.)
Well to be honest, it is quite a specific question, actually i thought it would get the "special group" rejection. You can argue that a lot other questions, like the one Valkyrie pointed out above, should get the same rejection. But if you read the forum you will realize it quite difficult to get anything done about it. So just try to post general knowledge questions like i do to get the se and dont bother trying to understand the evaluators way of thinking. It will frustrate you
much likedWolfstoneNő
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
272. hozzászólás - 2010.02.06. 21:33:31
What happens at the end of the movie "Titanic"?

A baby is born.
The ship turns into a plane and flys to America.
The ship sinks.
There is an Eclipse.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Isn't Titanic like the Biggest money making movie before Avatar. Its a historical Movie, I thought Everyone would know it.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
273. hozzászólás - 2010.02.08. 17:09:17
In which Bershire village was the Royal Military Academy for Officer training founded in 1799?

Abingdon
Sandhurst
Aldermaston
Sunningdale

Evaluators, I am from the United Kingdom and I am asked to answer questions on American History which only a SPECIAL GROUP of people might know. For instance - who was the first person to sign the US Declaration of Independence. To know this answer and the other people that signed the declaration - I would have to be an American. Another example of an American based question, which face appears on the back of the $5 bill.

I feel that I have asked a valid and worthwhile question, that can be researched on the internet, like I have to if I get a question on American History wrong.

Or is it that this is an American based game and that all questions are assessed by American people, because if that is the case, I could say that the game is biased.

I would be more than happy if you had said that my question was a bad question because I had mis-spelt the county incorrectly - it should have read Berkshire.
A hozzászólást Hyannis módosította 2010.02.08. 17:19:25-kor
much likedMitillos
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
274. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 09:04:46
Here we go again:

Given a simple connected Graph G with n vertices, what are the minimum and maximum number of edges it can have?

0, n^2
n-1, n(n-1)/2
0, n(n-1)/2
n, n^2

According to evaluators your question is too easy or an arithmetic problem.

How is this question "too easy or an arithmetic problem"?

If you think it's too easy, give me the correct answer with a short proof. If you think it's an arithmetic problem, then you don't know what arithmetic is. And to qualify that statement, I am actually a Mathematics teacher and that question is not arithmetic.
averageAzure
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
275. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 10:47:13
? my question was rejected because of incorrect spelling ????

How does a blueberry grow - on ?
A tree
A bush
A shrub
A vine

WHAT IS SPELLED INCORRECTLY ?
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
276. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 13:34:53 (Válasz Azure #275 hozzászólására.)
There is nothing wrong with the question and I am not an evaluator. They may have rejected the question because of the - between grow and on, but that is being petty. I have seen worse questions get through the evaluators, especially those questions that are WRONG and not checked properly.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
277. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 13:53:16
Is no one from the evaluators going to respond to the following because I have been asked to answer a question again on American History about who appears on the $2 bill

In which Bershire village was the Royal Military Academy for Officer training founded in 1799?

Abingdon
Sandhurst
Aldermaston
Sunningdale

Evaluators, I am from the United Kingdom and I am asked to answer questions on American History which only a SPECIAL GROUP of people might know. For instance - who was the first person to sign the US Declaration of Independence. To know this answer and the other people that signed the declaration - I would have to be an American. Another example of an American based question, which face appears on the back of the $5 bill.

I feel that I have asked a valid and worthwhile question, that can be researched on the internet, like I have to if I get a question on American History wrong.

Or is it that this is an American based game and that all questions are assessed by American people, because if that is the case, I could say that the game is biased.

I would be more than happy if you had said that my question was a bad question because I had mis-spelt the county incorrectly - it should have read Berkshire.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
278. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 13:54:00 (Válasz Hyannis #276 hozzászólására.)
the question is very poorly written.

How does a blueberry grow on??? even without a dash, you can not ask like that. How is not the right word (or it is, if you remove "on" and put it in front of every answer...
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
279. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 14:01:45 (Válasz Hyannis #277 hozzászólására.)
the game is hungarian
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
280. hozzászólás - 2010.02.12. 18:49:59 (Válasz Hyannis #277 hozzászólására.)
It's not an American game, but more basic facts of the American history are known worldwide than specific questions about UK. And yes, I noticed the misspelling of Berkshire, too.
On the other hand, evaluation is always a subjective thing and depends on the culture of your country. We tried another method - player evaluation - but it proved to be a disaster.
So I may only suggest you to write less specific questions.
Pontszám: 3
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője