Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
361. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:11:26 (Válasz Jazaray #360 hozzászólására.)
I watched it too, but I didn't see it disintegrate; I saw it explode just over a minute after launch due to a hot gas leak.
Pontszám: 5
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
362. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:14:26 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #361 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.02.28. 07:11:26
I watched it too, but I didn't see it disintegrate; I saw it explode just over a minute after launch due to a hot gas leak.

I was going to put explode, however, after I double checked with the wiki site, to make sure my facts were correct, I changed it to disintegrate, as that is what the site said actually happened.

Thanks,
Jazaray
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
363. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:25:45 (Válasz Jazaray #362 hozzászólására.)
I mean no offense, but wiki is not always correct. I could start a page stating the sky is green with purple dots. If I was going to confirm facts of something like a space shuttle, I would check NASA.gov
Pontszám: 7.50
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
364. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 07:35:13 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #363 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.02.28. 07:25:45
I mean no offense, but wiki is not always correct. I could start a page stating the sky is green with purple dots. If I was going to confirm facts of something like a space shuttle, I would check NASA.gov

None taken.

Ok, I checked http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missions/51-l/docs/rogers-commission/ Chapter-3.txt and this is what it said about it (just the final paragraph)

At this point in its trajectory, while traveling at a Mach number of
1.92 at an altitude of 46,000 feet, the Challenger was totally
enveloped in the explosive burn. The Challenger's reaction control
system ruptured and a hypergolic burn of its propellants occurred as
it exited the oxygen-hydrogen flames. The reddish brown colors of the
hypergolic fuel burn are visible on the edge of the main fireball.
The Orbiter, under severe aerodynamic loads, broke into several large
sections which emerged from the fireball. Separate sections that can
be identified on film include the main engine/tail section with the
engines still burning, one wing of the Orbiter, and the forward
fuselage trailing a mass of umbilical lines pulled loose from the
payload bay.

Personally, I could read it either way. "An explosive burn" and the "fireball" terms could well mean either an explosion, or disintegration. However, I will resubmit the question and modify my answer.

Thank you for your assistance CG.

Thanks,
Jazaray
public enemyKool106Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
365. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 19:36:53 (Válasz Senvares #357 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Senvares - 2010.02.27. 17:56:55
Idézet: Kool106 - 2010.02.26. 02:24:54
So how is this limited to a certen group. What was kira's name in the Chronicals of ridic?

Sam
Jack
Beth
Sue

I mean comon it says it in the movie and yes i had to spell the name without the k cuz it wouldnt expect it with it on there

for one the spelling is bad it is "The Chronicles of Riddick" it's Kyra not Kira and she didnt have a name that is the characters name, and you might want to mention that its a movie. because there are several The Chronicles of Riddick as in games, movies and books.

so overall it had bad spelling and was a bad question.

and I've never seen the movie so i would of got it wrong.

So you mean to tell me u havent ran acrossed any that didnt have 1 missed spelling and by the way i only misspelled it on here not sure how but i did -.- and either way the name is the same they didnt change it movie, game, book they wont just go threw and change her name to somthing completly diffrent just because they want to
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
366. hozzászólás - 2010.02.28. 20:16:08 (Válasz Kool106 #365 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kool106 - 2010.02.28. 19:36:53
So how is this limited to a certen group. What was kira's name in the Chronicals of ridic?

Sam
Jack
Beth
Sue

I mean comon it says it in the movie and yes i had to spell the name without the k cuz it wouldnt expect it with it on there

for one the spelling is bad it is "The Chronicles of Riddick" it's Kyra not Kira and she didnt have a name that is the characters name, and you might want to mention that its a movie. because there are several The Chronicles of Riddick as in games, movies and books.

So you mean to tell me u havent ran acrossed any that didnt have 1 missed spelling and by the way i only misspelled it on here not sure how but i did -.- and either way the name is the same they didnt change it movie, game, book they wont just go threw and change her name to somthing completly diffrent just because they want to

Actually, you had more than 1 spelling mistake. It's Chronicles (les, not als), Riddick (should be also capitalized), as well as Kyra (which should also be capitalized.)

Also, Kyra's name in The Chronicles of Riddick (the movie), was Kyra. Her name in Pitch Black, was Jack. So, your question is wrong anyway.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Pontszám: 7.50
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
367. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 04:28:35 (Válasz Jazaray #366 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jazaray - 2010.02.28. 20:16:08
Idézet: Kool106 - 2010.02.28. 19:36:53

Sam
Jack
Beth
Sue

Actually, you had more than 1 spelling mistake. It's Chronicles (les, not als), Riddick (should be also capitalized), as well as Kyra (which should also be capitalized.)

Also, Kyra's name in The Chronicles of Riddick (the movie), was Kyra. Her name in Pitch Black, was Jack. So, your question is wrong anyway.

Thanks,
Jazaray

This is very true. She called herself jack in pitch black because of bieng prostituted out. Not only would anyone who knew about this series know this. You can also look it up online and it tells you the exact names of each character and who the actual actor or actress is that played the role.
averageLord_AidenFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
368. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 10:56:04
Which chess piece(s) can move from d1 to e3 in one move? (knight) - this was rejected

Which chess piece cannot move backwards? (pawn) - this (from someone else) i got in quiz and was ok

where is the difference? You cannot answer neither if you do not know chess rules (and this IS general knowledge)
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
369. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 11:22:21 (Válasz Lord_Aiden #368 hozzászólására.)
you didn't state why was it rejected?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
370. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 14:21:57
How is this limited to a "special group of people"?

What is the other alias of planet Nibiru?

Eris
X
Proxima
Ixion

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Planet Nibiru or Planet X is the one everyone talks about regarding the "end of the world" in 2012. This is general knowledge.

The verifying system is a joke. General knowledge is considered "niche", yet on the other hand - chemistry, engine composition, biology, and sports events that occurred half a century ago are considered common knowledge.

Not to mention sports results which take place in the US... This is a game played by people all over the world, how on earth would someone from the EU know which team beat team X in the "whatever US cup" in the year 19xx ?

So if your answer is Google, then yet again; why isn't my question valid?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
371. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 15:30:08 (Válasz LydonB #370 hozzászólására.)
I dont know about this being general knowleage, personally never heard of it, but the special question issue is probably the hardest to understand in this game. but for the specific one, it doesnt sound like something a lot of people know. And if you say it is linked to the end of the world theory its more like specific group than you thing
averageLord_AidenFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
372. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 16:33:13 (Válasz Valkyrie #369 hozzászólására.)
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
373. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 16:38:47 (Válasz stekkos #371 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.01. 15:30:08
I dont know about this being general knowleage, personally never heard of it, but the special question issue is probably the hardest to understand in this game. but for the specific one, it doesnt sound like something a lot of people know. And if you say it is linked to the end of the world theory its more like specific group than you thing

Are you for real lad? Theres documentaries, articles, books, videos, 2012 movie about the whole "end of the world @ dec 2012" Mayan/Nibiru theory and even news broadcasts on TV.

Try searching in Google for planet X or Nibiru and you will be flooded with sites.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
374. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 16:44:49 (Válasz LydonB #373 hozzászólására.)
Hey because the latest "oooooh the world will end" trend is about a planet dont take for granded that all of us know about it. Believe and read what you like but do not treat it like a fact or general interest, after all each religion/culture/civilization etc has its own ideas about it and i bet millions of people have not even bothered to check whats that new fruit that came out, if they heard about it at all that is
Pontszám: 5.50
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
375. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 17:15:56 (Válasz stekkos #374 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.01. 16:44:49
Hey because the latest "oooooh the world will end" trend is about a planet dont take for granded that all of us know about it. Believe and read what you like but do not treat it like a fact or general interest, after all each religion/culture/civilization etc has its own ideas about it and i bet millions of people have not even bothered to check whats that new fruit that came out, if they heard about it at all that is

The Nibiru collision theory has been around since 1995, you can't really call it "latest". The whole "end of the world" thing has been around since time immemorial..

Just because you don't watch TV, don't read books and lack the interest to check on something the whole world is talking about doesn't mean the rest follow your ideology. This can also count vice-versa, but who would really just ignore all the claims and alleged prophecies concerning our species going extinct?

Not to mention, the whole religion/culture/civilization ideas mean absolutely jack in regards to what I'm talking about.

If you only intend to troll/flame around and post nonsense; please do us a favor and don't waste bandwidth.
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.03.01. 17:16:49-kor
Pontszám: 3.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
376. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 18:51:37 (Válasz LydonB #375 hozzászólására.)
I do read and watch tv and all that you mentioned, and never came across it. Noone at my work talks about it, never happened on an article about it and no one i know, at any point of the world, ever mentioned anything. Now, unless you want to feel that all those people are ignorant fools that do not read or watch anything (your perogative if you do), then that sould tell you something. Stop thinking that a theory has to become a sudden well known fact to all of us. And after all, if you thing its such a good question, Hatsepsut is the quiz administrator check what she feels
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.01. 18:54:44-kor
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
377. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 21:37:52 (Válasz LydonB #373 hozzászólására.)
I have seen the 2012 movie (with John Cusack) last weekend, but I do not remember planet Nibiru or planet X in it. It may be common knowledge, but I asked a couple of friends and none of them heard about it.
Sorry to say, but it seems to be a bit special, even if I can find it by the help of Google.
As I said before, the evaluation process is a subjective thing, you should take it for granted.
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
378. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 14:31:27
Which one of these numbers is a prime number?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
This question is already part of the database.

If it is in the database how come i have never been asked this type of question? I recieved the same answer when i asked about presidents yet have not once seen a question of such. Yet i have seen multiple questions on other issues. I do not get it.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
379. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 15:40:35 (Válasz aneksi #378 hozzászólására.)
you will get it eventually, don't worry
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
380. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 16:10:17
my question was

how long must a chef train before he is permitted to cook fugu fish for the public

2 months
7 years
3 years <--
18 weeks

apparently only a special group of people might know. Thats wwrong, if it's only a special group of people, how would i know when i'm only 10 years old!?
no anger here, just asking
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!