Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
581. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 04:43:21 (Válasz Lady Death #580 hozzászólására.)
i'm sure everyone knows Tina Turner but despite i can hum "Nutbush City limits", i couldn't tell you what the speed limit is. also, i haven't heard of any wedding celebration where it was played.. not in Europe, more exactly
Pontszám: 5
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
582. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 05:45:01 (Válasz Lady Death #580 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lady Death - 2010.04.07. 22:38:13
Acording to Tina Turner, what is the speed limit of NUTBUSH?

25MPH
35MPH
45MPH
55MPH

I find it hard to believe the whole world does not know Tina Turner, or that Nutbush City Limits is not played at every Wedding, 21st or 18th celebration.

I have to answer questions about American football teams and European lit, so why is an international question uninteresting?

What the f___ is Nutbush? Sounds like the private parts for a female acorn... I know Tina Turner - don't know NUTBUSH.

So I looked it up:

The Nutbush
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Nutbush is a dance categorized as a line dance, performed to Tina Turner's song "Nutbush City Limits" and has gained massive popularity in Australia.

In the 1950's the dance was known as "The Madison".[1] Inspired by Tina Turner's song, a variation of the dance emerged again as "The Nutbush" in the 1970's disco era. A comparison of the step sheets, however, does not support the conclusion the dances are the same.

The song of the same name by Tina Turner is generally recognised as being 'the song' to which the dance is performed. The dance is generally performed by a group of people both male and female at a social function where dancing is appropriate. Also, the dance is performed with the dancers roughly in a box configuration, like that of a chess board.

The steps are fairly simple, such that one who does not know them can generally pick them up by watching other dancers. A key in the song and dance being a popular combination is that the song has a moderately long introduction before the strong dance beat starts, which allows people who are sitting down to get up and to the dance floor and for all dancers to assemble themselves in a grid. Without this introduction, it is unlikely that the song and dance would be as popular[citation needed]. For comparison, see the 'Bus Stop'.

Nutbush, Tennessee
Nutbush is an unincorporated rural community in Haywood County, Tennessee, United States, in the western part of the state.[1]

Established in the early 1800s, Nutbush is home to two early American churches founded by white settlers, Woodlawn Baptist Church and Trinity United Methodist Church. Trinity Cemetery provides the final resting place to more than 50 Civil War soldiers.

Agriculture is the dominant source of income in the area. Then and now, agriculture is focused on the cultivation and processing of cotton. In 2006, cotton is processed in one cotton-processing plant in the community.

Nutbush is best known as the birthplace and childhood home of singer Tina Turner. In the song Nutbush City Limits she describes the town she grew up in. In 2001, part of Tennessee State Route 19 near Nutbush was named Tina Turner Highway in her honor.[3]

Nutbush is also known as the birthplace and home community of black and white pioneer musicians and recording artists such as Hambone Willie Newbern and Sleepy John Estes.[4]

Nutbush City Limits
"Nutbush City Limits" is a semi-autobiographical rock and roll song written and performed by Tina Turner, in which she describes her hometown of Nutbush, Tennessee. As an unincorporated town, Nutbush does not actually have "city limits"; but it does have a "Nutbush - Unincorporated" sign on the highway.[1]

In spite of these being the first three listings for "Nutbush" none of these listings indicate a speed, therefore the question/answer is definitely too obscure to be Quiz Worthy.
averageRedBadFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
583. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 06:02:30
Bad question:
What was the sign that Jesus said He would give that would prove who He was?

He would be in the earth just as long as Jonah was in the belly of the fish, 3 days and 3 nights.
He would perform miraculous healings and raise up Lazarus from the dead.
He would give no sign.
He would be in the earth from friday night till sunday morning, 1 day and a half.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I tried to find the answer myself with google,
the answer was already on the page that came up after pasting the question,
and did not even have to klick a link.

This must mean "a special group of people" are those people who can copy and past a question into google search.

Fair enough.

For those not belonging to that special group of people, here's the quote:

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Matthew 12:39 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
584. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 13:56:54 (Válasz Hyannis #579 hozzászólására.)
Maybe I went a bit too far with 'I am proud to be British part. I was trying to make a point that if I am British and I can search and create a question about an American question then it is feasible that everybody else can as well. Still, my point is that ALL questions should NOT fall under this 'only a special group of people will know this answer'. Do you not agree?

I have posted several times that i am also in favour of finding another way of sorting and scrap special group. So yes, i agree. But as long as the administrators do not remove it, its good to work under the guidelines they put, at least we get more questions accepted that way until ,hopefully, they will change it eventually.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.04.08. 13:59:35-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
585. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 13:57:27 (Válasz stekkos #584 hozzászólására.)
Sorry just clicked reply on myself
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.04.08. 13:58:43-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
586. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 14:01:24 (Válasz RedBad #583 hozzászólására.)
RedBand, i was also familiar with that quote and its a nice trivia, altough i have to admit that due to the diversity of religions in the game, it is a bit too much to ask.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
587. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 16:11:46 (Válasz RedBad #583 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: RedBad - 2010.04.08. 06:02:30
Bad question:
What was the sign that Jesus said He would give that would prove who He was?

He would be in the earth just as long as Jonah was in the belly of the fish, 3 days and 3 nights.
He would perform miraculous healings and raise up Lazarus from the dead.
He would give no sign.
He would be in the earth from friday night till sunday morning, 1 day and a half.

I tried to find the answer myself with google,
the answer was already on the page that came up after pasting the question,
and did not even have to klick a link.

This must mean "a special group of people" are those people who can copy and past a question into google search.

Fair enough.

For those not belonging to that special group of people, here's the quote:

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Matthew 12:39 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Let's just keep religion out of the Quiz - things will be more harmonious that way. Beyond that, if you can make sense of the passages above, then more power to you - but if you have to analyze that during a Quiz Olympics, 99% of us are going to be pissed.
averageDieMaster
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
588. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 17:44:47 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #568 hozzászólására.)
Which person wasn't a famous Dutch painter ?
Johannes Vermeer
Jan Steen
Joost van den Vondel
Frans Hals

But yet this passes. Hmmm.
averageJaina
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
589. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 04:03:10
What kind of standards are used when judging questions? My last question was rejected because it was something "only a special group of people would know".

Who is the creator of the book series known as the "Honorverse"?

David Weber
Eric Flint
Mercedes Lackey
Larry Niven

I've seen questions similar to this about book series that are just as "specialized". Evaluators certainly don't seem to judge questions evenly at all...
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
590. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 04:06:38
In the game of cricket, what is a duck?

a bird that runs on to the pitch
a player that "quacks" when he hits the ball
slow handclapping from the spectators
out first ball

Your quiz question is valued as „Bad question”!
Explanation: Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

GET SERIOUS

There is nothing wrong with question or answers provided, when i look at some of the absolute rubbish that gets thru im wondering if the only questions that do get passed are from the evalulaors themselves.

2 good questions and 2 stupid rejections.

think i will renounce the quiz it seems pointless now
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
591. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 04:31:25 (Válasz D00ml0rd #590 hozzászólására.)
Lst question rejected now shows

Question Rate of correct answers
Which country sees the first daylight each day? 100%

so dont see how there was any confusion about the question or the answers

the quiz thing should be changed to joke cos reading all these posts and my own experince so far it is a joke not a quiz.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
592. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 05:05:37 (Válasz D00ml0rd #590 hozzászólására.)
This the answer I see for a duck in cricket: a batsman's score of nought (zero)
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
593. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 05:07:34 (Válasz D00ml0rd #591 hozzászólására.)
I think all rejected questions will show 100% correct. At least, all mine do.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
594. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 05:10:03 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #592 hozzászólására.)
thats what it is

my answer was "out first ball"

same difference

dont really matter anymore i cant be bothered with the quiz anymore when good answers are rejected as bad and stupid questions are in abundance in the quiz

i guess u have to know one or more of the evaluators to get question passed cos either they are on serious ego trips or they only approve questions from players in there clan or friends.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
595. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 05:16:54 (Válasz Jaina #589 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jaina - 2010.04.10. 04:03:10
What kind of standards are used when judging questions?

Since your question is about books, I will address that. Since it is not possible to know every book and author ever published, I personally look for some kind of award associated with it. (That is, if I can even find the book.) There are so many literary awards that if a book can't manage a single one than why should an international audience be expected to know it. I don't know what other evaluators do, but I figured a line had to be made somewhere. I still feel there are too many "special interest" books getting in the database, but I couldn't think of another way to draw the line. I would be happy to take suggestions for better book guidelines.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
596. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 05:28:36
Heres an example of a GOOD question...apparantly...

Who wasn't a child from King William III of the Netherlands and Queen Sophie ?
Willem Frederik Maurits Alexander Hendrik Karel
Wilhelmina Helena Pauline Maria
Willem Alexander Karel Hendrik Frederik
Willem Nicolaas Alexander Frederik Karel Hendrik

gold star to ever got that one accepted and hammer on head for whoever accepted it...
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
597. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 07:03:08
Ok... Explain this:

Sports Team Names: National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______? 71.43%

Sports Team Names: National Football League (NFL) - Minnesota ______? 87.50%

Sports Team Names: National Hockey League (NHL) - Atlanta ______?

One would think that two scores over 70% prove that these team-name questions are NOT "special group"... So these Mods better smarten up... Especially when they are passing crap like those listed in the Error section.
averageEdwardTeach1491
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
598. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 17:41:37
my question was

"Who was the last person to sign the declaration of independence?"

John Hancock
Thomas McKean
Oliver Wilcott
George Wythe

it was rejected for being ambiguous but it specified "LAST"
and only Americans are named it would be pretty hard to mistake them for another country
A hozzászólást EdwardTeach1491 módosította 2010.04.10. 17:57:48-kor
averageEdwardTeach1491
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
599. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 19:23:43 (Válasz stekkos #584 hozzászólására.)
"Who was the last person to sign the declaration of independence?"

John Hancock
Thomas McKean
Oliver Wilcott
George Wythe

it was rejected for being ambiguous but it specified "LAST"
and only Americans are named it would be pretty hard to mistake them for another country
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
600. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 03:32:36
So I was watching a film late at night and it inspired me to write a question:

Which film didn't George Clooney star in?

Solaris
The Men Who Stare at Goats
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind *
Ocean's Eleven

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

Now OK, I can sort of see that the question wasn't worded very clearly, so I submitted another:

George Clooney starred in all of these movies except one. Select this film...

Solaris
The Men Who Stare at Goats
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind *
Ocean's Eleven

And it didn't give me an explanation that time... Help?
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője