Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
621. hozzászólás - 2010.04.20. 08:02:24
Complaints on this forum are pointless, and nothing more than a waste of time. The only way to possibly reach the ear of the Game Admins is via e-mail - info@doomlord.net

Enough complaints sent directly, and... Well... We would still be ignored.
Pontszám: 5
averageCompacteelFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
622. hozzászólás - 2010.04.20. 13:13:38 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #620 hozzászólására.)
wait, that sounds like I got the question rejected, because of the reviewer over analyzing the question. If the bill does not exist in 2010, what does it matter what it was 200 years ago? Nobody needs to know who was on it before, they just need to know that it does not exist, therefore nobody is on it. I understand that the question is bad, because it obviously leaves room for reader interpretation. That's fine, but can you remove the bad mark, because I am sure I will have another chance to get a bad question for reasons I do not understand. The question actually makes sense if you don't look too much into it.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
623. hozzászólás - 2010.04.20. 14:45:03
I messaged an admin about all the weird questions passing or good ones rejected and here is the reply:

""I'm afraid there are not enough quiz admin now. If too much questions are waiting for evaluation (I think the limit is 250, but not sure), the system allows the players to evaluate until an admin shows up. At the beginning of last week players evaluated almost the whole quantity of remaining new questions - you can see the result.""

So all of you saying others can do better job at evaluating than the proper evaluators guess what: The mess you see is because a lot of you do evaluate without being a proper evaluator!!!
Pontszám: 4
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
624. hozzászólás - 2010.04.20. 15:09:59 (Válasz stekkos #623 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.04.20. 14:45:03
I messaged an admin about all the weird questions passing or good ones rejected and here is the reply:

""I'm afraid there are not enough quiz admin now. If too much questions are waiting for evaluation (I think the limit is 250, but not sure), the system allows the players to evaluate until an admin shows up. At the beginning of last week players evaluated almost the whole quantity of remaining new questions - you can see the result.""

So all of you saying others can do better job at evaluating than the proper evaluators guess what: The mess you see is because a lot of you do evaluate without being a proper evaluator!!!

In other words, the Mods suck AND the Users suck. This is the problem when you have ANY SINGLE evaluator system, who has the authority to approve or bounce a question due to their own laziness or bias.

In other words, my concept for the re-work of the Quiz System is still proving to be the best idea.

But, of course, the Game Admins won't even answer the e-mail I sent them about the suggestion. To me, that means they KNOW it is better than the current system, but don't want to appear weak by changing anything, and thereby admitting the failing of the current system.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
625. hozzászólás - 2010.04.20. 15:10:16
What NHL (National Hockey League) Team does Sidney Crosby Play for (2010)?

Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
Detroit Red Wings
New York Rangers

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

"Sid the Kid" scored the Gold Medal Winning goal in the Olympics. He is the face of the NHL. His team won the Stanley Cup last year........ You pass my question about "the only Slovenian in the NHL"... But bounce this???

And there isn't a racism problem here?

Seriously - I would LOVE the Admins / Mods to explain this to me.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
626. hozzászólás - 2010.04.23. 00:29:39
I posted a question asking what the stripes in the american flag represented and was told that only a select group of people would know the answer. I didn't think that the U.S.A. was considerted a select group of people and that they were too small a group to make this question worth while.

And yet I had to answer a question about cigarettes and they spelled 'marlboro' as 'mahlboro', along with 2 others I had never heard of, which got by the evaluators as a broad/general question anyone can answer and the bad spelling is ok too. As an ex-smoker I knew what they were asking, but with all the non-smokers in the world and the fact that 'marlboro' doesn't advertise at sporting events any more, it would seem to be a more specific question than anything else these days.

Also....
If the game doesn't have enough Quiz Admins, then they should try recruiting some more from the players, offer them a stone for every 10 questions they evaluate, something other than the excuse that they don't have enough people to do this so they let the players do it. that's just a poor excuse.

If this keeps up I will probably stop posting questions because the people evaluating don't seem to understand trivia, general or otherwise.
A hozzászólást rok3269 módosította 2010.04.23. 00:31:52-kor
averageOctaneFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
627. hozzászólás - 2010.04.23. 04:42:44
I would like to know why it was marked bad?
1970 Storia di una donna (1970) His only score written for a foreign movie.
I would understand it if the reason was to hard to answer but come on its the right answer

Which movie was composed by John Williams?

Starship Troopers
Lost in Space
Storia di una donna correct answer
None of the above

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
628. hozzászólás - 2010.04.23. 04:55:25 (Válasz Octane #627 hozzászólására.)
I haven't taken the time to check if the answers are correct or not, but "none of the above" questions are generally thrown out as bad questions. Also, as the question is written, I would also say it has the possibility of badly shaped question evaluation because people compose music for movies, but they do not compose movies.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
629. hozzászólás - 2010.04.23. 16:04:01 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #628 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.04.23. 04:55:25
"none of the above" questions are generally thrown out as bad questions.

I figured that out through trial and error. It would be nice if rules of thumb like that were somewhere that we could read before we post questions, so we don't waste our time (and yours, though I mostly care about mine ). Got any more?
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
630. hozzászólás - 2010.04.23. 20:37:42 (Válasz ImLittleJon #629 hozzászólására.)
In addition to what is on the quiz page in game, Miklos wrote a good guide in the first post of the Quiz: the aspects of evaluation forum: http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,14.0

i would also add:
-run spell check
-when asking about dates space the choices out, otherwise it will get the irrelevant lexical knowledge evaluation
-Just like a sentence, questions start with a capital letter. They end with a question mark.
-Proper nouns also have capital letters.
-Try to avoid questions that have one answer that does not belong. (i.e. Which of the following does not…) It is better to ask what is…
-avoid "none of the above" or "all of the above" choices in your answers
-Remember it is an international game. What may be common knowledge to you may not be common in other parts of the world. Ask yourself if you would be willing to answer a similar question from the other side of the world.
-Spelling error evaluations are sometimes actually grammar errors
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
631. hozzászólás - 2010.04.25. 22:21:55
my first ever question (along with every other one) was evaluated as bad incorrect

in my quiz summary it NOW shows as

Question
Which country sees the first daylight each day?

Rate of correct answers
100%

hasnt added it to the database or given me a correct queston score.

whole system sucks
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.04.25. 22:22:37-kor
Pontszám: 3
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
632. hozzászólás - 2010.04.26. 04:30:09 (Válasz D00ml0rd #631 hozzászólására.)
The rate of correct answers its not affected by the evaluation. The evaluator answered your question right before it was rejected so it displays 100% since noone else answered it after that.
averageabdovolcano
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
633. hozzászólás - 2010.04.27. 17:21:36
who is a soccer player ?

Lionel Messi
Tom cruise
Michael schumacher
Roger federer

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

any one knows where the spelling mistakes please as i don't see any mistakes
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
634. hozzászólás - 2010.04.27. 17:37:46 (Válasz abdovolcano #633 hozzászólására.)
a question (and usually sentences too) should start with a capital letter. names as well.

Idézet: abdovolcano - 2010.04.27. 17:21:36
who is a soccer player ?

Lionel Messi
Tom cruise
Michael schumacher
Roger federer

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

any one knows where the spelling mistakes please as i don't see any mistakes
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2010.04.27. 17:38:57-kor
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
635. hozzászólás - 2010.04.27. 23:02:07 (Válasz abdovolcano #633 hozzászólására.)
You have a mix of lower and capital letters. Start the sentence with a capital and the names should be capitalized. Although I would not resubmit as this is just an easier question of questions already in the database.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
636. hozzászólás - 2010.04.28. 07:29:45
"Which of the following is NOT a playable race in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne?

Undead
Humans
Orcs
High Elves ( correct answer )

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer."

This sucks, how can you say only "special" people know the answer? Is this a GAMING community or what? Even my grandma would know the answer .... I get asked questions related to polish swimmers no one EVER heard about but when I ask a question related to Warcraft 3 IN A GAMING community, it's rejected .... NO COMMENT
A hozzászólást ardent módosította 2010.04.28. 07:31:00-kor
it figures ....
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
637. hozzászólás - 2010.04.28. 13:42:53
I have to share this one, because it's too funny.

Which is the correct definition of "complement"?

something that completes or makes perfect
an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration
the quantity by which an angle or an arc falls short of 180° or a semicircle
appearance; aspect; character

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

All answers were copied from dictionary.reference.com. The first one is the definition of complement. The second is the definition of compliment. The third is supplement. The last is complexion. Obviously, the evaluator didn't know the difference between complement and compliment, which was the whole point of the question. Ah well, I'm sure it would have been kicked because everyone would get it wrong anyway. But a couple of people might have learned something about one of the most misused words in the English language.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
638. hozzászólás - 2010.04.28. 14:13:37
Sadly, the evaluating system is not too bright.... But that has been said so many times it's almost useless to mention it again. Anyways, except for this realy small inconvenience, the game as a whole is better that anything similar on the market, at least for the moment ...
it figures ....
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
639. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 19:56:50
What is a "fret"?

Part of the guitar
A fish
A tree
A won point in karate

Can someone point out the speling error? thx
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
hatedHeronaNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
640. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 08:20:12
Why is my question put on as bad? with the reason just a smal part may know the answer ...eeuuh... issent that with all questions??? is it becouse its a bible question? eeuh hello there more question about it here.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője