Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
741. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 04:19:37 (Válasz Htwogtwo #738 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Htwogtwo - 2010.05.19. 18:55:43
Someone obviously beat me to it.....

What is an Evaluator?

One who estimates officially the worth or value or quality of things
Someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue
An expert whose views are taken as definitive
All of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
This question is already part of the database.

A lot of identical questions are starting to appear very close to each other, sometimes one after the other! In your case, i got that question evaluated 1-2 hours before you post it also. If any of you are posting on both worlds, please have in mind that the quiz database is the same, so both identical questions will not pass.
Pontszám: 5
much likedNemesis 666
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
742. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 05:49:52 (Válasz stekkos #740 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.20. 04:16:11
Viridrel, you are still complaining about the obvious: Which team won a recent major championship is good, asking about players of the team is not. Your question might be the same or easier, it is not the point.

Dude, he's asking the same question! The whole Crosby thing is a hint!

Question 1) Who won The Cup in 2009
Question 2) Who won The Cup in 2009 [hint: It's the team Sydney Crosby plays for]

Stekkos - you are wrong, wrong, wrong, with a side dish of WRONG!

And thank you for taking the time to respond to my complaints regarding your farcical evaluation of my baseball questions [this is sarcasm; you have just ignored me; way to take accountability!]. I have nothing more to say other than you royally suck ass at your job in this game. And unfortunately this fucks up the game for the rest of us.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
743. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 16:38:08 (Válasz Nemesis 666 #742 hozzászólására.)
I dont know why i bother but here it is: I admitted his question was the same. Said: ""Your question might be the same or easier, it is not the point.""

I didnt evaluate it so dont think i am just trying to justify my actions. My point there was that the way it was put the first thing you notice is that it asks about a player. Should just went ahead and asked the question as it was finally accepted. Reasonable? I cannot say. I believe so but i cannot claim my opinion is a universal truth. I can just follow the rules.

As for your other complain, i did answer you. You then repeated the same question. Now if you feel i neglected you just direct me to your post and i will either point out how what i said applies or, in case you are right, will just admitt i did not pay the attention i should and apologize.

Thank you
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
744. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 19:46:43 (Válasz stekkos #743 hozzászólására.)
Let's give stekkos some credit for standing up and voicing his views. Even when we disagree vehemently, we should try to remember that we'd like a real dialogue here. If we are abrasive in our approach, it doesn't provide much incentive for any other evaluators to engage. If the frustration level gets too high, just post a bunch of or something.

As to the current debate, I think some of it is due to confusion about the phrase "the same or easier". To me, that implies "the same level of difficulty or easier" rather than "the same question or an easier version".
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
745. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 21:27:30 (Válasz stekkos #743 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.20. 16:38:08
I dont know why i bother but here it is: I admitted his question was the same. Said: ""Your question might be the same or easier, it is not the point.""

I didnt evaluate it so dont think i am just trying to justify my actions. My point there was that the way it was put the first thing you notice is that it asks about a player. Should just went ahead and asked the question as it was finally accepted. Reasonable? I cannot say. I believe so but i cannot claim my opinion is a universal truth. I can just follow the rules.

As for your other complain, i did answer you. You then repeated the same question. Now if you feel i neglected you just direct me to your post and i will either point out how what i said applies or, in case you are right, will just admitt i did not pay the attention i should and apologize.

Thank you

What it comes down to is that the quiz system in its current form is shit. We have a few mods who care - but suffer from either failed logic or unrealistic standards. We have MANY more mods who obviously don't care (by their lack of accountability, and by the appalling track record in quiz acceptance / rejections). The post that Nemesis is talking about is the Complaints -> Quiz Evaluation Debate area... An area created to find remedies for the absurdly flawed Quiz system - and not a SINGLE Admin has participated in the discussion.

I have solved the problem personally by just not writing any more questions - because it was either that or quitting the game. And instead I find 5 bad answers out of a 20 question Hunt. Stekkos - Why are you standing up to defend something that is so obviously broken? Are you a politician?

Instead of wasting your efforts justifying the crap that is going on here - Quiz Errors is 1150 posts long, Rejected Question complaints is at 750:
THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT THE USERS OF THE GAME ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't an isolated incident - this is TWO THOUSAND TIMES that someone has chosen to make a complaint. How many issues have there been that a complaint has not been lodged? 5 times more? 10 times more?

Think about this for a minute. Take off your blinders and THINK. This is a problem - and nobody of influence seems to give a shit. But what do the people posting complaints know - we're just the paying members of this game.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
746. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 04:26:21 (Válasz ImLittleJon #744 hozzászólására.)
I cna see how that can be confusing LittleJon. Didnt notice the dual meaning, thank you.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
747. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 04:44:35
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.20. 21:27:30
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.20. 16:38:08

What it comes down to is that the quiz system in its current form is shit. We have a few mods who care - but suffer from either failed logic or unrealistic standards. We have MANY more mods who obviously don't care (by their lack of accountability, and by the appalling track record in quiz acceptance / rejections). The post that Nemesis is talking about is the Complaints -> Quiz Evaluation Debate area... An area created to find remedies for the absurdly flawed Quiz system - and not a SINGLE Admin has participated in the discussion.

I have solved the problem personally by just not writing any more questions - because it was either that or quitting the game. And instead I find 5 bad answers out of a 20 question Hunt. Stekkos - Why are you standing up to defend something that is so obviously broken? Are you a politician?

Instead of wasting your efforts justifying the crap that is going on here - Quiz Errors is 1150 posts long, Rejected Question complaints is at 750:
THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT THE USERS OF THE GAME ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't an isolated incident - this is TWO THOUSAND TIMES that someone has chosen to make a complaint. How many issues have there been that a complaint has not been lodged? 5 times more? 10 times more?

Think about this for a minute. Take off your blinders and THINK. This is a problem - and nobody of influence seems to give a shit. But what do the people posting complaints know - we're just the paying members of this game.

First of all please stop separating paying players. The issues here are about all players. I mentioned at various areas of the forum that due to the many complains all evaluators got together, we actually formed a clan just to be able to discuss them in union. That alone was a major complain, consistency. We hope that way we can eliminate that. Furthermore we are adressing each quiz subject seperately to lay down a plan that we will all have to obey (evaluators when judging and players when posting questions). When we finish the post will be in the forum. Is not an easy job, epsecially trying to take into consideration all the complains. So it takes time.

As for the forum topics being full, thats why they are here. If we though we can handle everything without help from the players no forum would have been created. The bad questions, especially spelling, will keep coming and we are greatefull to players that keep reporting them. I cannot speak for the admins which have the power of editing the questions but i am sure they do fix a lot using the players reports.

But regardless all these, please keep in mind there will always be complains for the simple reason that the quiz will never be perfect. It is the only game i know that offers me at least the chance to play an RPG and quiz game together, the 2 things that i enjoy most in games. So i enjoy that even with its flaws! I do find that it needs a lot of work to become better, but that does not stop me from enjoying it. And i am not a politian, just enough people point out its flaws, i dont feel i need to do it also. I choose to be the other side on the matter.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.05.21. 04:44:51-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
748. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 07:40:28 (Válasz stekkos #747 hozzászólására.)
Stekkos - A well thought out response, and I thank you for that. However, we've were first told about this "new set of rules" about 2 months ago. Forgive my cynicism... But... 2 Months - Really?

And regardless of what system is created, it will still up to a single person's interpretation of said rules. This exposes their personal knowledge base, laziness and potential bias'. As long as there is no recourse for the player who feels wronged, you're asking for problems. Simply put, we need a multi-user peer-review system with accountibility. A non-accountable single-user review system will always be flawed.
very popularStromboliFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
749. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 18:15:46
Another one rejected for a nonsensical reason

Which of these is not a Gilbert and Sullivan production?

The Mikado
The Pirates of Penzance
SOUTH PACIFIC
The Gondoliers

Spelling mistakes in question or answers

I think I am going to have to pack in this game. I am beginning to doubt my own sanity.
A hozzászólást Stromboli módosította 2010.05.21. 18:18:18-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
750. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 19:51:57 (Válasz Stromboli #749 hozzászólására.)
It is weird since no obvious mistake is there. Did you put capitals on south pacific now or did you post the question like that in the first place?
irritatingHtwogtwoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
751. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 23:29:29
Which team won the 2010 World T20 Cricket Tournament?

Australia
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
England

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

I just don't get it! How is this any different to asking who won the soccer World Cup in 1958?
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
752. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 05:37:05 (Válasz Htwogtwo #751 hozzászólására.)
that one shouldn't be in, too. if you meet it, please post it into the Quiz errors topic.
very popularRasputinFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
753. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 08:18:29
It's been awhile since I've had a question rejected for reasons beyond my comprehension. Can you help me with this one, please?

How many three cent stamps are there in one dozen?

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.
A hozzászólást Rasputin módosította 2010.05.22. 08:22:01-kor
very popularStromboliFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
754. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 12:15:16 (Válasz stekkos #750 hozzászólására.)
It is weird since no obvious mistake is there. Did you put capitals on south pacific now or did you post the question like that in the first place?

No I only put it in capitals so you would know which was the correct answer.
A hozzászólást Stromboli módosította 2010.05.22. 12:17:10-kor
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
755. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 17:07:56 (Válasz Stromboli #749 hozzászólására.)
you just got spelling errors because i didn't want to throw it back with a more serious evaluation. the only answer that has not 'the' at the beginning is the good answer - should consider it a signed good answer. try something beginning with 'the'
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
756. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 21:26:54 (Válasz Pogaxa #755 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.22. 17:07:56
you just got spelling errors because i didn't want to throw it back with a more serious evaluation. the only answer that has not 'the' at the beginning is the good answer - should consider it a signed good answer. try something beginning with 'the'

Huh??? This is what I mean about Mods thinking too much. Marking a "spelling error" because an answer doesn't have a "The" in it - which it shouldn't have... How is this anything but stupid?

If you are going to invent reasons to reject a question, then there needs to be a notes field to explain those reasons - or else you are going to create FAR more problems than you solve.
averageauntiggy
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
757. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 21:50:06
My quiz question was rejected due to spelling errors. There are no spelling errors in either the question or the answers. Some of the questions that are allowed have obvious mispelled words. The following was my submitted question with answers.
Bonnie and Clyde were famous what?

Comedians
Robbers
Singers
Dancers

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

I also had a question rated bad as that no one would know the answer. There are questions that have been allowed that no one but the author of the question would know the answer to. It would need to be googled to find the answer. I honestly don't understand your rating system. Please explain because I feel as though someone is either lacking in knowledge, interest or just plain too lazy to deal with it. And what constitutes uninteresting lexical knowledge? Do you think I find chemistry questions of what is the chemical sign of iron interesting? Or that I would have the knowledge base to know it without googling? I've never had a chemistry lesson in my life. I had to google it, so how is the rating system based? I'm a premium player in both worlds and it really becomes frustrating when this happens. It makes me wonder exactly where my money is going and for what. And you might say, if it's a problem there's the door or stop being a premium player - well to date I've invested quite a bit of money in this game so that really isn't an option for me. I don't come to this forum much because the two times I have my questions have been answered rather rudely or it seems that way to me. I think I would probably quit the game, but as I've said I've invested quite a bit of money to see that as an option. I apologize if I seem rude, don't mean to be. I'm just rather peeved over the constant rejections for absolutely no good reason or obvious wrong reason or erred reasoning. It also states that if a player repeatedly receives a rating of bad question they might or will lose the chance to write more questions. How is this fair when the evaluators are the ones in error?
Pontszám: 5.33
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
758. hozzászólás - 2010.05.22. 22:27:18 (Válasz auntiggy #757 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: auntiggy - 2010.05.22. 21:50:06
It also states that if a player repeatedly receives a rating of bad question they might or will lose the chance to write more questions. How is this fair when the evaluators are the ones in error?

If you continually write bad questions, not only will you lose your change to write questions, you will be forced to become a Moderator - that's where they find their members
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.05.22. 22:27:38-kor
irritatingdreema
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
759. hozzászólás - 2010.05.23. 04:03:47
Well I for one agree with the statement"Quiz Evaluation is messed up..and broke..Maybe the evaluators SHOULD NOT think if they like the questions but only to make sure the question and answer is correct.. There are many many many many many Questions that ARE NOT common knowledge to most people in this game.. Ok I agree with there are going to be questions that alot of people are going to be likw "HUH what is that , gotta Goggle this".. Ok thats fine. but when I write a question about the game. and it gets rejected . This is the question...the answer I made Bold the 3rd one...

The Focus crystal "Ogre Stone" adds to what stat ?
Int +2
Constitution +1
Strength +1
Magic +1

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Now plz tell me why it was rejected?? Not that lame excuse of "Only Special group may know" and by the game that answer is correct if you look at the item.. So plz let me know..
A hozzászólást dreema módosította 2010.05.23. 04:07:44-kor
Pontszám: 3
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
760. hozzászólás - 2010.05.23. 04:36:16 (Válasz dreema #759 hozzászólására.)
You asked the same question on the aspects of evaluation topic but i guess you didnt even read the answer you got. Here it is :

Your question got rejected because a new player just starting the game will have no idea what you are talking about.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!