Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
821. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 06:24:48
FYI, Hayden wrote theme for German national anthem :p

But, I must agree with Viridel - That question should have passed, and pass with flying colors... And as far as this quiz is concerned, Athletes should be equal with all other persons.
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 5
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
822. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 13:13:56
Which of the following pieces in chess can capture diagonally?

King
Pawn
Bishop
All of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

And by the way I have now seen 2 questions with Julius being an emperor of Rome. Augustus his son was the first, so it would be impossible for him to be one.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
823. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 14:06:20 (Válasz Dolp13 #822 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dolp13 - 2010.06.14. 13:13:56

King
Pawn
Bishop
All of the above

It's not a spelling error, but the "all of the above" choice. Spelling error was chosen so you do not loose the opportunity to ask another question.
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
824. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 14:23:10 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #823 hozzászólására.)
I do not quite understand your reply. Are you saying that I need to ask a question without all of the above as a choice?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
825. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 16:37:17 (Válasz Dolp13 #824 hozzászólására.)
Yes, thats what she means but since your question cannot be answered without it i dont see how....
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.06.14. 16:39:46-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
826. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 17:10:07 (Válasz stekkos #820 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.13. 07:45:01
Still you cannot compare an athlete with a composer, scientist or explorer. Even a minor one, if the term can be used to decribe Haydn.

Cute - I criticize Stekkos - and my post disappears... Nice censorship people.

Either way, a composer is an artist / entertainer. Athletes are entertainers.

Saying one is more important than the other is bullshit, and just continues to prove:

a) Even with these wonderful new guidelines, there is STILL a European bias.
b) The moderators have too much power to exercise their own personal bias (which has clearly been displayed several times since the "guidelines" were posted).
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
827. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 18:28:28 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #823 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.06.14. 14:06:20
Idézet: Dolp13 - 2010.06.14. 13:13:56

King
Pawn
Bishop
All of the above

It's not a spelling error, but the "all of the above" choice. Spelling error was chosen so you do not loose the opportunity to ask another question.

wtf??? Why should "all of the above" be faulty??
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
828. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 07:27:41
It should be accepted, i am checking with the others to see what happened.

Viridel, which post you mean? I can see all your posts in this section regarding the conversation he had, they dont seem to have deleted any of them. As for the being biased issue, if you still believe that then there is no point discussing it any further. After all that time and all those posts you still end up to the same conclusion. Since i am not biased, and frankly the latest debate we had had nothing to do with Europe or the US, it seems you have made up your mind and every time a question you post gets rejected you will come back with the same argument. I say this because i have passed a lot of your sports questions, and i am sure other evaluators did also, but you make it seem that every question you post about sports gets rejected.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
829. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 07:49:05 (Válasz Valkyrie #821 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.06.14. 06:24:48
FYI, Hayden wrote theme for German national anthem :p

But, I must agree with Viridel - That question should have passed, and pass with flying colors... And as far as this quiz is concerned, Athletes should be equal with all other persons.

I would have passed it, but then again i accept the fact that the other evaluator had his own reasons of not accepting it. The discussion with viridel was not about if i like his question or not, is the way he considers sports and athletes in general. And for the 5th time i think i will repeat that athletes are equal to all persons. The impact they have on our world cannot be equlised with the likes of Einstein or Mozart or even Haydn though. Personally i have more interest in sports than classical music. At least i would sit and watch a sports event, but i would never go to a consert. Still i know more composers names thatn athletes! Not because i care but because the world seems to care more and they keep emphasizing their achievements over any athletes. After all if we were to take a poll right here in this game who is more known, an athlete or a composer, 100% of the times the composer would win.

So is not bias, personal interest or what i like that drives the evaluaton process. I like sports questions more than authors, bands or a lot of the movies currently in the quiz. Still that does not change the fact that if someone asks about an author that selled millions of copies in 40 languages i will accept it, while if he asks the same type of question about the star player of a soccer, football, volley, etc team i might reject it. They just cannot be considered known at the same level!
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
830. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 15:53:28 (Válasz stekkos #829 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.15. 07:49:05
After all if we were to take a poll right here in this game who is more known, an athlete or a composer, 100% of the times the composer would win.

Do it. Put up Muhammad Ali, Pele, Alex Ovechkin and Haydn - and let's see who is the most well known, and least well known. I'll tell you right now, Haydn would NOT win.

And yes, a post was deleted - obviously before you saw it.

I would have passed it, but then again i accept the fact that the other evaluator had his own reasons of not accepting it.

And I've seen you say this a few times, yet there are only 4 Mods, and you have spent several weeks designing a document of standards - so obviously either the standards are not being followed, or Mods are allowing personal bias in. There simply shouldn't be a difference of opinion between Moderators, because then the quiz becomes a crapshoot as to who you get.
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
831. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 22:40:44
What are the chances of being dealt pocket aces in Texas Hold'em?

220-1
180-1
120-1
80-1

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I will accept this as a bad question, but can I get a better definition of what is too specific. I have read some questions on here that are much more specific than this question. Especially since this is a math problem more than a poker problem 1/13*1/17=1/221 rounded down to 1/220.
I think you need to have some difficult questions to make the game more fun.
Pontszám: 6
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
832. hozzászólás - 2010.06.16. 06:48:13 (Válasz Dolp13 #831 hozzászólására.)
Difficulty of the questions is not an issue but the type of question you posted will be impossible for anyone not playing the game to answer. I play poker, especially the Texas Holdem variety and still would have a hard time answering it in the 5min time frame. Imagine getting it during the quiz olympics were every second counts.

So too specific is something that cannot be answered unless you have a very good knowleadge of the details in a subject. To make ti more clear, if you asked how many cards each player is dealt for the same game is good question, even if someone has never played can answer either by reaserching a bit or even by remembering a scene from a movie that showed the game (just 2 examples).
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
833. hozzászólás - 2010.06.17. 17:19:05
The non-racial South African Football Association (SAFA) was formed when?

1991*

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
834. hozzászólás - 2010.06.17. 20:31:35
In American football, which point total cannot be achieved with 1 score?

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

So you can ask an obscure question about soccer, but not a general question about American football. I am not following the rationale of what is approved and what is not. I am just getting frustrated writing questions that are getting denied, but the ones that I am answering seem to me to be very specific to a certain group. If evaluators are not on the same page, it sends mixed signals as what is acceptable and what is not.
A hozzászólást Dolp13 módosította 2010.06.17. 20:49:18-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
835. hozzászólás - 2010.06.18. 04:21:06 (Válasz Dolp13 #834 hozzászólására.)
The reason this is too special is given in my topic "why did i reject a question" I dont know what obscure soccer question you have in mind but this is far from general.
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
836. hozzászólás - 2010.06.18. 05:22:51 (Válasz Skapunkno1 #833 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Skapunkno1 - 2010.06.17. 17:19:05
The non-racial South African Football Association (SAFA) was formed when?

1991*

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Maybe he meant my question do you know why mine was rejected I dont understand the explaination.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
837. hozzászólás - 2010.06.18. 07:48:33 (Válasz Skapunkno1 #836 hozzászólására.)
Well, the evaluation reason means your answers are either not correct or more likely 2 or more can be the correct one. I did a bit of search, it seems SAFA had many forms during the years after it was first created. So someone searching for the answer can get quite a few dates about it. Ofcourse you specified the non-racial form, i couldnt get a specific date about it though. Thats all i can think of, maybe the player that evaluated it can give you the reason
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.06.18. 07:48:54-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
838. hozzászólás - 2010.06.18. 08:01:12 (Válasz stekkos #835 hozzászólására.)
This is a same as: How much points is awarded to a team if the player scores a free throw. Or when you knock down all the pins in the bowling... or how is basketball match divided... or how does a rook move in chess? I don't see why it was rejected...
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
839. hozzászólás - 2010.06.18. 19:46:12 (Válasz Valkyrie #838 hozzászólására.)
Valkyrie I love your Latin quote.

It seems to me that the raters for each question allow for bias or inconsistencies. When I have to answer a question about an award winner in soccer or the year that an individual won the award, these questions follow a similar kind of pattern. I am not going to post any more of my rejected questions on here because truthfully it does no good. I continuouslly will answer obscure questions or incorrect ones (I still do not know how to point out an incorrect questions as I cannot review after I miss them). I would like to thank Stekkos for taking his time to try and explain why he rejects questions. I wish the others would do the same and I wish it would tell you which rater rejected your questions.
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
840. hozzászólás - 2010.06.18. 23:47:43 (Válasz stekkos #837 hozzászólására.)
Ok thanks for your time
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője