Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
everyone's favoriteshadowpreyer
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
841. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 02:50:19
In the book "Alice in Wonderland", who shares the poem, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat"?
Alice
The March Hare
The Mad Hatter
The Red Queen

This same question was in a version of trivia pursuit. You did say to ask general knowledge questions. And, since it is a question from one of the most famous trivia games of all time, I do not see how it could be "uninteresting lexical knowledge". Also, in the game it came from there was no multiple choice.
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
842. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 06:08:41 (Válasz Valkyrie #838 hozzászólására.)
Vlakyrie, is not quite the same because is not aking how many points are awarded for scoring a touch down. Is asking about a combination of facts about football. Someone has to know all scoring methods and their corresponding points to answer which cannot be with 1 score. Slight difference in question type but still enough to make it too into details. And for those who keep complaining (not just you Dolp) i havent seen ANY other sport questions post except US football and baseball for months now when i evaluate. By now those 2 combined should beat soccer questions 2:1 at least. Other sports even less. So please stop complaining about bias or inconsistencies. I would actually like all of you sports fans out there to post about other sports also if possible
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
843. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 06:24:54 (Válasz stekkos #842 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.19. 06:08:41
Vlakyrie, is not quite the same because is not aking how many points are awarded for scoring a touch down. Is asking about a combination of facts about football. Someone has to know all scoring methods and their corresponding points to answer which cannot be with 1 score. Slight difference in question type but still enough to make it too into details. And for those who keep complaining (not just you Dolp) i havent seen ANY other sport questions post except US football and baseball for months now when i evaluate. By now those 2 combined should beat soccer questions 2:1 at least. Other sports even less. So please stop complaining about bias or inconsistencies. I would actually like all of you sports fans out there to post about other sports also if possible

I agree with Stekkos on this one (see, I WILL take both sides). Not only do you have to know that a touchdown is actually worth 6, not 7; not only do you have to know that a FG is worth 3; not only do you have to know that a Safety / 2-Pt Conversion is worth 2 - you have to combine all those together and figure out that 4 is the bad answer. If I were to turn around the question and ask you how many points are impossible to score in a Cricket at bat - would you have any idea? There's a fine line between understanding the concept of the game vs. knowing the intricacies of the game. I think your question definitely falls unto the intricate area.

PS. Stekkos - I've been blitzing the NHL questions, so it's not all Baseball & NFL.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
844. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 06:29:49 (Válasz Viridel #843 hozzászólására.)
True, i was making the remark about soccer to give an idea to those that think we let any question about it pass and only block US sports. Fact is noone is posting about it for a long time now. And thanx for the points post, i got the answer wrong when i evaluated because i thought FG was 2 points, now i know better
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.06.19. 06:31:20-kor
very popularRasputinFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
845. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 06:59:56
This question was rejected due to a phantom spelling error...I don't see it...
Suggestions...?

Which musical group sings "Tribute (The Greatest and Best Song In the World)"?

Dread Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
Tenacious D
Type O Negative

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
everyone's favoriteReanukNő
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
846. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 07:52:16 (Válasz Rasputin #845 hozzászólására.)
The evaluator may have assumed that Dread Zeppelin was a spelling error and/or did not know it was a real band.

I suggest resubmitting it with an alternative choice, other than Dread Zeppelin; that is well known.

But, that is just my opinion.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
847. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 12:25:16 (Válasz Rasputin #845 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Rasputin - 2010.06.19. 06:59:56
This question was rejected due to a phantom spelling error...I don't see it...
Suggestions...?

Which musical group sings "Tribute (The Greatest and Best Song In the World)"?

Dread Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
Tenacious D
Type O Negative

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

Check my "Why i rejected a question" topic, the reason is there
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
848. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 05:54:35 (Válasz stekkos #847 hozzászólására.)
That really is the name of the song.

Wikipedia:
"Tribute" is a tribute to "The Greatest Song in the World"[1] and is the first single of Tenacious D's self-titled debut album. It was released July 16, 2002.

Dread Zeppelin is a Led Zeppelin cover band. It could seem plausible that they would pay tribute to the MightY Zep. How should I proceed?
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
849. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 06:41:08 (Válasz Rasputin #848 hozzászólására.)
as i see the original title is The Greatest Song in the World - just as you wrote it in your last message. but in the question it was The Greatest and Best Song In the World which has Best in it as well) - that may be the cause of rejection with spelling.
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
850. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 07:03:53 (Válasz Pogaxa #849 hozzászólására.)
If I change the title of the song to "Tribute (The Greatest Song In the World)" will the question be accepted?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
851. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 13:33:45 (Válasz Rasputin #850 hozzászólására.)
i do not know if you seen my post at the "why i rejected a question" topic but, yes it will be
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
852. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 14:30:26
Well i just want to remind people to check my rejected questions topic AND the forum in general. There are still players posting the same questions i explained or others explained the rejection reason.....
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
853. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 14:54:42
This is my question:

Which country have won the most football world champion titles ever?

Germany
Italy
Brazil
France

Message from evaluators:

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

How could they be ambigous or wrong? There is only one correct answer and I'm sure that the most of football fans will know it.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
854. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 16:05:01 (Válasz Thetus #853 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.20. 14:54:42
This is my question:

Which country have won the most football world champion titles ever?

Germany
Italy
Brazil
France

Message from evaluators:

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

How could they be ambigous or wrong? There is only one correct answer and I'm sure that the most of football fans will know it.

Because there are seven thousand and three different Cups/Championships in soccer. Are you talking Euro? Champions? Olympics? U18? World Cup? All combined?

I'm guessing you mean W.C. given the timing, but with SO many other options that will be just as viable once the WC ends, the question IS ambiguous.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
855. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 19:26:10 (Válasz Viridel #854 hozzászólására.)
No, its totaly my fault, i was wrong about Italy having 5 titles in the world cup, it only has 4.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
856. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 22:51:21 (Válasz Viridel #854 hozzászólására.)
First of all, not soccer but football - I think USA is the only country where football (not american football) is called soccer.
And secondly, I still don't think it's ambigous because in every sport seniors' category is the one that is most important. That's why we say "world/european/american championship" instead of "senior world/european/american championship". We say U21 World Championship to distinguish it from the "real" World Championship. It's not as important as the first one because not everyone can participate in.
A hozzászólást Thetus módosította 2010.06.20. 22:54:00-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
857. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 16:34:19 (Válasz Thetus #856 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.20. 22:51:21
First of all, not soccer but football - I think USA is the only country where football (not american football) is called soccer.
And secondly, I still don't think it's ambigous because in every sport seniors' category is the one that is most important. That's why we say "world/european/american championship" instead of "senior world/european/american championship". We say U21 World Championship to distinguish it from the "real" World Championship. It's not as important as the first one because not everyone can participate in.

a) Yes, it is Football / Futbal. But with around half the players (apparently) coming from North America, can we agree that Soccer is a more universal term?
b) I agree that you were clearly asking about the World Cup, but there ARE other competitions.

All you have to do is change the question to say "What country has won the most World Cup of Soccer titles? (Pre-2010)" It's the same question, just with any ambiguity removed.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
858. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 17:11:08 (Válasz Viridel #857 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.21. 16:34:19

a) Yes, it is Football / Futbal. But with around half the players (apparently) coming from North America, can we agree that Soccer is a more universal term?

Half the players coming from North America? I don't know what you mean.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
859. hozzászólás - 2010.06.22. 09:08:50 (Válasz Thetus #858 hozzászólására.)
he means apparently half the doomlord players.
averageauntiggy
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
860. hozzászólás - 2010.06.22. 11:36:11
I'm done writing quiz questions. Whatever system you use to evaluate them is incredibly ignorant. I'm also tired of answering poorly written questions with horrible grammer and wording and questions that are the same but worded differently. The first time I asked the question about the current oil spill and what Gulf it was occurring in it came back as spelling errors. No spelling errors, so I rewrote the question. Now it's saying the question in ambiguous. The word ambiguous means "can be interpreted in more than one way." How can the following be interpreted in more than one way? Also, it's headline news around the world.

The current gulf oil spill is in what gulf?

Gulf of Mexico
Gulf of California
Gulf of Maine
Gulf of Panama

A person would have to be totally ingnorant or illiterate not to know the answer to this question. Does that surprise me? No. The frequency of poor grammar that "get's by" our 'perfect evaluation system' makes me wonder how litterate and intelligent our evaluation system actually is. Maybe if I used poor grammar and sounded stupid the question might pass. Duh!
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!