Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz: the aspects of evaluation
averageXerxes
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz: the aspects of evaluation
101. hozzászólás - 2010.04.03. 13:23:25
How do I get people to vote for and evaluate my questions for quest?
Pontszám: 5
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
102. hozzászólás - 2010.04.03. 18:26:24 (Válasz Xerxes #101 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Xerxes - 2010.04.03. 13:23:25

You don't - you wait. Current wait time appear to be 3-4 days.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
103. hozzászólás - 2010.04.06. 11:50:03 (Válasz Xerxes #101 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Xerxes - 2010.04.03. 13:23:25

You just have to submit a good question.
much likedHrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
75 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
104. hozzászólás - 2010.04.07. 11:00:30
I just don't like the questions asking "what is the group of [insert animal] called?"
It clearly requires lexical knowledge. Any foreign english speaker would have difficulty answering those.
averageGardenFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
105. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 14:37:18 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
I think the question evaluations need to be evaluated...

I have posted the question and the all were rejected!

What is wrong with, 'What does the '2' in CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) mean?'?

or

'The film 'Blade Runner' was based in the following book...'

This is just a turn off... I am not feeling of adding questions to the database for I am afraid it might be rejected again!!!!!
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
106. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 16:45:29 (Válasz Garden #105 hozzászólására.)
Those questions are both already in the database.
averageGardenFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
107. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 00:00:27
Here it goes again:

What is the capital of Brazil?

Rio de Janeiro
Sao Paulo
Brasilia
Buenos Aires

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
This question is already part of the database.

How can a simple Geography question be considered Bad or incorrect???????
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
108. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 01:15:24 (Válasz Garden #107 hozzászólására.)
Look at the entire evaluation!!! It says it is already part of the database. With that evaluation, you do not get marked for a bad question. It is simply sent back to you to write something else.

While we're talking about things already in the database....Just about everything that can be asked about doomlord, capitals, Stephan King, Metallica, Guns 'n' Roses and greek gods has already been asked. Continuously resubmitting the same question will not change your evaluation.
averageRaggidmanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
109. hozzászólás - 2010.04.13. 16:54:52
I submitted a question about a famous man - he currently owns a major Indian industrial company that is focussed primarily on steel . He is currently 2nd richest man in England was at one time credited with being 3rd richest man in the world. He is not a nonentitiy.

See the question and the response below. Well, decide for yourselves:

Lakshmi Mittal was 3rd richest once - where was his money?

In steel
In pink furry animals
In cross your heart brassiers
In student loans

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

I marked "in steel" as the correct answer

I am totally baffled. I see absolutely nothing that is ambiguous in this question and the answers.

If Mittal has solld his steel company and invested all or the major part of that into the manufacture of pink furry animals or cross your heart bras or is giving billions in student loans then please tell me about it - I would be fascinated. I am sure that Lakshmi will be too! and so will every newsrag on the planet

Given that there is a requirement for grammar to be correct etc and that many of the questions are apparently written by people who do not know how t write english (no shame to them - learning a second or third language takes time and effort) I have sort of come to the conclusion that the judges themselves are not natural english speakers. [wrysmile.gif]
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
110. hozzászólás - 2010.04.16. 04:21:52 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #108 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.04.10. 01:15:24
Look at the entire evaluation!!! It says it is already part of the database. With that evaluation, you do not get marked for a bad question. It is simply sent back to you to write something else.

While we're talking about things already in the database....Just about everything that can be asked about doomlord, capitals, Stephan King, Metallica, Guns 'n' Roses and greek gods has already been asked. Continuously resubmitting the same question will not change your evaluation.

it applies to 'Who wrote' as well, there are way too much of that kind of question in and all the famous stuff has already been asked.
averagePilotxxlFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
111. hozzászólás - 2010.04.25. 13:08:32
Well, people I wrote one quiz which was classified as 'Bad, incorrect question' once I have write the word mountain as moutain.

I have corrected the mistake and resend the question and I receive a note telling me the question is already in database!!!

Amazing!
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
112. hozzászólás - 2010.04.25. 14:57:38 (Válasz Pilotxxl #111 hozzászólására.)
you didn't lose anything in either cases - both at spelling error and already in database you have the chance to rewrite without having to wait another 100 questions.
averageDmd666Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
113. hozzászólás - 2010.04.28. 21:00:16
"Maths. How much is (1+5)*3? Which is more, (4+3)*2 or (17/2-1)? Questions that require logic are OK, but trivial questions and equations that require a calculator are not."

That makes me angry. Youre telling me that (1+5)*3 actually REQUIRES a calculator? I DO NOT require a calculator to answer the questions stated. I know that (1+5)*3 is 18. I know that (4+3)*2 is MUCH HIGHER than (17/2-1) (doesnt matter where you put the brackets in the last one...). Although some may not know the answers, this insults my intelligence.

And anyway, the answers are MULTIPLE CHOICE. If the answers are different I could tell by a glance which ones to eliminate. You may think I am boasting, but I am simply trying to prove a point. I am not particularly angry at you, but the fact you stated they actually require a calculator is absurd.

However, I freely admit I dont know any famous people. Happy now?
averageCezann
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
114. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 17:36:15 (Válasz Dmd666 #113 hozzászólására.)
I'm getting tired of questions being called too specialized when they are no more specialized than questions about sports teams of fifty years ago from one country, or a rock group that is not internationally popular and influential like the Beatles. If a question about Drizzt Do'Urden, a D&D character isn't to specialized, or a medusa monster isn't, why is a roc that appears in both middle eastern myth and D&D is too specialized? Disney movies are too specialzed when there are how many Disney parks and movies around the world? Why is a question asking what a strike is in bowling okay, but that three strikes is a turkey is too specialized? An awful lot of questions in the database are not familiar to people, even educated people, in other countries.

Sports questions are very guilty of this, as about a sports team that are not common knowledge in other countres. There are ample questions I could ask for sports in America that I know are not common knowledge in Europe, but there are a lot of questions about sports events and teams that are not known world-wide already in the database. I don't submit NASCAR or baseball questions, but I think an 'obscurity' rule should cover detailed football/soccer questions too.

Having such a large bias in the questions that are unknown to a science and history buff who adores quiz shows is getting very aggravating. My first question was about a quiz show, that has had versions done in 17 countries, so it's not an obscure show. Correctness and grammar are definitely fair objections for questions, but one was bounced that had only one accidentally duplicated letter, so that doesn't count as egregiously bad spelling.

This is definitely damaging my enjoyment of the game when I see so many quiz questions that are very specialized or have more than one error in the database. For a nut who loves trivia, I have to guess because those questions are not common knowledge. And these rules are not uniformly enforced. The questions get repetitive, because the different questions get bounced.
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
115. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 19:35:52 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Its funny that some of my questions are being ruled as bad questions when there are other questions in the quiz that have definite wrong answers or are definitely focused to a small group.
There are often questions that unless you are a medical student or scientist, you would not know the answer, yet you allow those.
I have written very simple questions about common knowledge that have been ruled as ambiguous.
It has not been made it easy to communicate with administration, a "contact us" link would be nice.
I am an educated man and am very careful to research my questions and answers.
Frankly, I am getting so frustrated that I am about to stop investing my time and money in the game due to this.
It is insulting when submissions are ruled as bad without the consideration of any real interpersonal communication on the matter.
popularYounglordFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
26 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
116. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 19:36:33
I think there needs to be a more efficient means of evaluating the questions.
Let the players decide if a question is good or bad.
A hozzászólást Younglord módosította 2010.04.29. 19:38:11-kor
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
117. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 18:44:34 (Válasz Miklos #4 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2009.09.01. 11:34:17
Maybe the system could be further optimalized - as you suggest, a question is not evaluated by 1 admin, but a team of admins. However, to do this, we need a lot more admins, especially when the number of players grow. Also, to become a quiz admin, volunteering is not enough. If you are active on the forum, you have intelligent posts, and you also post good questions, then we are happy to give you the appointment. But until then, we can't just appoint anyone who volunteers, or case 1.) happens.

I think this is the crux of the issue. If a question needs to be passed by, say, 2 out of 3 evaluators, that would cut down on the "bad" questions getting through. It does mean you would need 3 times as many evaluators, but there is a huge difference between appointing anyone who volunteers and your case 1. Most of the players have no interest whatsoever in performing evaluations, so their opinions are essentially a random number generator. Volunteers are a self selected group, so more of them would actually take the time to consider their evaluations.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
118. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 19:37:03 (Válasz Younglord #116 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Younglord - 2010.04.29. 19:36:33
I think there needs to be a more efficient means of evaluating the questions.
Let the players decide if a question is good or bad.

There is a large discussion of this in:
Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Complaints -> The Quiz Evaluation Discussion/Debate

However, just like the rest of the forum, there is absolutely no indication that game admins read anything posted - so ultimately we're probably all just wasting our time posting anything at all.

Sorry for the reality check.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
119. hozzászólás - 2010.05.02. 20:15:30
Ok, you can ask:
Terry Goodkind wrote an 11 book saga called the Sword of...

But I can't ask:
What NHL team drafted Sidney Crosby
Who scored the Gold Medal winning goal for Canada's Mens Hockey team in the 2010 Winter Olympics
what team does Sidney Crosby play for (2010)

Not that I like Crosby - but he is the most famous hockey player in the world right now. Terry Goodkind is .... Who?
irritatingHtwogtwoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
120. hozzászólás - 2010.05.18. 16:12:32
"According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer."

This aspect should really be removed, any question can fall under this category and it is unfair that if you happen to be evaluated by the wrong person, the question is rejected when there are many other similar questions that get passed as good.

Only if a question is blatantly wrong or somewhat misleading should it be refused and those that are considered to be gramatically incorrect or with spelling errors, should be afforded the opportunity to correct such errors if that is the only reason preventing their admission.
Oldal: 123456789
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!