Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz: the aspects of evaluation
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz: the aspects of evaluation
61. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 12:11:34
Look mate fact of the matter is there are not a huge amount of differences when it comes to SPELLING of any of the top 4 english languages. The majority of the problem comes from dialect, conjugations, speakings. I'm just saying your crying about the issue isn't much support for your issue. Just because my english is much more recognized as a proper english don't go making excuses to why your question might have been put out. If you have some secret word that we americans do not recognize then maybe you have a point. But until you have a valid complaint stop making excuses. This by no means is a debate. You felt the need to battle ppl who had nothing to do with your problem.
Pontszám: 2.40
much likedElder DruidFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
62. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 05:06:56 (Válasz aneksi #61 hozzászólására.)
Typical American attitude and reply. You've just made my point about the why I don't care much for anything American. I am not battling anyone. I make constructive criticism and given good solid advice. The fact is that all over the world, American English aren't the standard. Deal with it and don't let your American ego get in the way of things. You started the debate mate, by trying to tell me the origins of the English language. There are huge and fundamental differences, in the spelling, pronunciation and the meaning of several words and idioms between American and British English. Australian English on the other hand are almost, if not in its totality, identical to British English. The reason being is that Australia was a British colony for a longer time period. Canadian English have a lot of similarities with British English. Mind you recently they tend to adopt a lot of Americanisms due to being very close neighbours to USA.

Examples of spelling: colour (UK), color (USA), valour (UK), valor (USA), honour (UK), honor (USA), behaviour (UK) behavior (USA), criticise (UK) critisize (USA) etc

Different meanings : the noun "funnies" in British English means amusing jokes, in American English means the comic strips in newspapers. etc

Need I go on? I think I've just made my point once more.
A hozzászólást Elder Druid módosította 2010.03.09. 05:17:03-kor
Pontszám: 6.50
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
63. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 17:18:16
Actually you just made my comments come true not the other way around. Your cocky english attitude decided to bring a disgust for america into a conversation instead of just proving your point. Fact of the matter is don't be mad that my english is better then your english. Has nothing to do with me being an american because i am a italian dumbass. But we don't respect you english idiots anyway so i guess i have something in common with the americans aswell. Keep crying about your english maybe it will get you someweres. And to answer your funnies comment, not only is it referred to as a cartoon in america it also means jokes. So take you bs wanna be dictionary and hoof it on down the road mate cause noone cares about your bs! Because if you even knew what you were talking about an AMERICAN dictionary has all of the differences posted in it. So no matter who looks the damn word up it is going to come up both ways. So make a valid point or stfu!
A hozzászólást aneksi módosította 2010.03.09. 17:18:49-kor
Pontszám: 2.40
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
64. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 23:08:58 (Válasz aneksi #63 hozzászólására.)
I am glad that you've shown your true colours.

Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.09. 17:18:16
Actually you just made my comments come true not the other way around. Your cocky english attitude decided to bring a disgust for america into a conversation instead of just proving your point. Fact of the matter is don't be mad that my english is better then your english. Has nothing to do with me being an american because i am a italian dumbass. But we don't respect you english idiots anyway so i guess i have something in common with the americans aswell. Keep crying about your english maybe it will get you someweres. And to answer your funnies comment, not only is it referred to as a cartoon in america it also means jokes. So take you bs wanna be dictionary and hoof it on down the road mate cause noone cares about your bs! Because if you even knew what you were talking about an AMERICAN dictionary has all of the differences posted in it. So no matter who looks the damn word up it is going to come up both ways. So make a valid point or stfu!

How old are you mate? 8, 10, 12? Your attitude and your writings says so. Well mate if you are an Italian living in Italy then you are an exemption. Be respectful and polite when you are addressing me as I have been so far. For your information I am not English, I might have a British passport as well but I am not English.For the last 3 year I do not live in Britain either. As I said I am EUROPEAN, I live in Europe. My home of origin is Greece, so as you can see I am a Greek who lives in different European places from time to time and there is nothing cocky or English about my attitude. What does really bother you mate? My constructive criticism or that I don't care much about anything American? As far as the latter is concerned, you would have felt the same if you were a real Italian living in Italy. I know, because I have plenty of Italian friends and I've spent some time living there. You know nothing about me, my age, my job, my CV and my whereabouts, so stop making dreadfully wrong assumptions and stop being rude and insulting.

As for dictionaries, American or British, they all have all the meanings. I am not talking about them, I am talking about spelling checkers mate. Never mind I couldn't care less if you got my point or not. So it stops here. Enough with the spamming. I do apologise to the rest of you who were forced to endure this spamming. You see there is always one to try to cloud the issue by trying to make an out of topic point and by trying to make the reader to focus his/her attention somewhere else.
Pontszám: 7.25
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
65. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 13:00:36
Grab a dictionary mate, grab a spell checker. Grab what ever you want. Fact of the matter is you never proved your point. You wanted to cry about americans and thier english instead of making your point. And you still haven't made your point. You go tthe horns because you felt the need to belittle me because i live in the states. Maybe it should be a lesson to you to try and prove your point next time and not blame other people when things do not go your way.
Pontszám: 2.33
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
66. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 02:12:18 (Válasz aneksi #65 hozzászólására.)
As a matter of fact I do have spelling checkers running "live" on my laptop. I've made the experiment before I've made the complain, even though I was certain of the outcome. As I said before, "checked and double checked". When I change the spell checking to American it finds all the words spelled properly wrong. So you try it sometime, it might open your eyes and it might teach you to talk only when you know what you're talking about. Also may I remind you that I only said: "I do not care much for anything American". You've taken it personal and you got your knickers in a twist mate. I never attacked anyone. I have the right to care for someone or something and vice versa. So grow up, learn to accept other persons opinions and likings and stop whining. Also I do not try to "belittle" you at all mate, you're doing a fine job yourself for this. Last but not least, I re-submitted my question with no changes whatsoever; this time it was accepted.

I rest my case.
A hozzászólást Elder Druid módosította 2010.03.11. 02:18:45-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
67. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 04:34:58
Sorry mate that you have your panties in a bunch but if you do not care much for american things you might want to take yourself out into the woods and piss off. Because i am pretty sure if your car is acting up your going to blame it on the americans for inventing the car. And if your plane is late on take off thats americas fault for inventing the airplane aswell huh? I could go on but your not worth my time anymore. Fact of the matter is if the damn dictionary is going to have the correct spelling in it you better change your spell checker because i looked up all of the words you used as a reference and ALL of them came up in mine. Good luck mate hope something american pisses you off again.
Pontszám: 2.75
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
68. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 06:55:27
wow... how pointless discussion...
Pontszám: 2.33
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
69. hozzászólás - 2010.03.13. 08:25:30
dudes, break it up, oh yeah I'm British

still... I dunno what to put now...
Pontszám: 5
likedRajPL
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
70. hozzászólás - 2010.03.13. 14:33:34
I find the Quiz very hard because the answers are mostly always from Europe.
likedRajPL
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
71. hozzászólás - 2010.03.13. 14:35:12
And I'm learning in North America, and nothing about Europe.
likedRajPL
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
72. hozzászólás - 2010.03.13. 14:36:51
Except U.S. History where British and French are involved but nothing about the questions in the quiz.
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
73. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 18:18:35
Just a quick question:
I wanted to post a question about Adolf Hither but somehow "Hitler" is recognized as a forbidden word. Can anyone please tell my why? Someones surname should not be forbidden and classified as an offensive term.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
74. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 19:06:27 (Válasz RajPL #70 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: RajPL - 2010.03.13. 14:33:34

Most of the players started in Europe so its natural these questions are more. But as a lot of players from the US log in game, the questions will start to get more variety.
averageBlackplagueNő
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
75. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 01:19:34
My suggestion:

If questions about capitals are filtered, we should also filter out those "Who wrote ....." questions. I saw enough "Who wrote". There were 25% of such question during my last 20 hunts.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
76. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 05:53:22 (Válasz JKP3nt #32 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.02.19. 22:29:58
In my opinion, the idea of questions which require knowledge of something as specific as a NHL team name, what the score was in the 2002 soccer world cup, or any other thing that you might consider as common knowledge, isn't. I know that I personally would not know either. I think that it would even be a better question to ask how many sons Ra, the Egyptian Sun God, had/has. I am mostly responding to the post by someone earlier saying that questions involving the names of specific NHL (Supposing you know what the NHL is, of course) were good posts.

Are you SERIOUSLY saying that more people would know now many sons Ra had than Los Angeles KINGS? I never said in any way, shape, or form that everyone in the world should know the team names in the NHL. But will it break your internet connection to type in your little search window "NHL Los Angeles"? I guarantee that it is exactly as difficult to type, as it is to type "number sons Ra". So what makes your questions that I have to look up superior to mine that you have to look up?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
77. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 06:03:15 (Válasz stekkos #74 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.14. 19:06:27

Most of the players started in Europe so its natural these questions are more. But as a lot of players from the US log in game, the questions will start to get more variety.

No. They won't. Amerocenttric questions get booted while Eurocentric (especially Eastern Europe) questions get approved. Until the entire quiz system is moved to International Peer Review, nothing will change.
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
78. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 16:44:09 (Válasz Viridel #77 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.15. 06:03:15
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.14. 19:06:27

No. They won't. Amerocenttric questions get booted while Eurocentric (especially Eastern Europe) questions get approved. Until the entire quiz system is moved to International Peer Review, nothing will change.

This is very true. American sports,movies,etc questions get shot down. While european novels,war battles, movies, etc get approved. And lets not get me started on the bible. I have NEVER been religious and find it the biggest hoax of all time. And short of me spending more time looking the answer up then i have to answer the question i am never going to get one of these questions correct.
averageChet2ndFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
79. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 18:22:22
I think the reason for rejection of a question I posted was incorrect and inaccurate.

The question was: Denim Blue Jeans were first invented by who?
Answers:
1. Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss
2. Samuel Denim and Theodore Blue
3. Heathcliff Lee and James Wrangler
4. an unknow merchant/tailor at the California gold rush

The first answer is the correct one.

The reason given for rejecting this question was the answers are ambiguous or wrong.

First point, the correct answer is not wrong. The second point, how can any of these answers have several possible meanings or interpretations? There is no possible way to wrongly interpret or understand these answeres. A simple google of who invented denim blue jeans, denim jeans, blue jeans, or simply jeans comes up with the first answer.

Hense, I totally disagree with the assesment of this question.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
80. hozzászólás - 2010.03.16. 20:32:40 (Válasz Chet2nd #79 hozzászólására.)
Denim jeans have been used as pants since around since the 16th century and in America since the end of the 18th century. What made the 2 guys famous and brought you the jeans you now know is the addition of rivets to the pants and good marketing. So, the answer of who "invented" denim blue jeans is a bit vague.
Oldal: 123456789
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője