Topic neve: Complaints on players
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Complaints on players
341. hozzászólás - 2011.01.09. 23:47:57
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.09. 22:43:29
anyway I'm quite done with this. It's clear that the devs are not reading it and unless there are some stupid posts that require my attention, I won't reply here anymore.

I think that's an unfair comment, it's not the developers job to read these posts, it's the forum mods (which I'm certain are reading this topic regularly). The mods report back to the devs with a list of to do things and really, there has been nothing mods can comment on until the devs get back to them with the findings. The only thing worth taking down from the last 20 posts would be to take into account the building benefits from MsPiggy (if found guilty) which I'm sure they would've accounted for anyway.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
Pontszám: 5
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
342. hozzászólás - 2011.01.10. 01:47:08 (Válasz Phalanxii #341 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2011.01.09. 23:47:57
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.09. 22:43:29
anyway I'm quite done with this. It's clear that the devs are not reading it and unless there are some stupid posts that require my attention, I won't reply here anymore.

I think that's an unfair comment, it's not the developers job to read these posts, it's the forum mods (which I'm certain are reading this topic regularly). The mods report back to the devs with a list of to do things and really, there...

Haven't seen this happen in the last few months either...
Pontszám: 3
unpopularRomanowRomanow
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
343. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 12:14:36
I've been playing the game for over a year now on all 3 servers. I was attacked multiple times with no chance to retaliate by higher level/longer playing/more rich players. I must say I wouldn't be surprised if many of them were cheating, be it third party programms, scripts, younger brother pking players when they sleep or are at work or just pumping one hell of a money into the game. The last one is cheating for me because in Poland we earn 8 times less then in lets say Germany and only due to that fact I can never keep up with some people. But I am not complaining here, never complained before [apart from very rare messaging really nasty players to gimme some air and stop hitting me 7000-0dmg every hour 24/7] and the LAST thing I could ever ask is to ban a person cheating or not. When u play a game for a year+ you give it a part of your heart, your soul and your life and its never a *just a game thing.* Destroying anybody's year of life and all his dedication and effort is mean and cruel even IF he is a cheater. Even cheaters post on forums, make new quiz questions, analyse game mechanics, teach noobs and so on. You can't reduce a living person to a machine that clicks *attack* button.
If we start flaming people who are better than us why should even more than 1 person play the game in the first place? First person that logs in when a server is opened will always be best if he knows what he is doing, plays regularly buys ancient stones get premium and so on. Mathematically its impossible to beat that player unless he makes a mistake and thats assuming that we never make any bad decision.
So my advice, play the game, ignore pvp pkers and don't complain. And never ever ask to ban anybody as it only proves ur own frustration.
Pontszám: 4.14
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
344. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 15:22:13 (Válasz RomanowRomanow #343 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: RomanowRomanow - 2011.01.12. 12:14:36
the LAST thing I could ever ask is to ban a person cheating or not. When u play a game for a year+ you give it a part of your heart, your soul and your life and its never a *just a game thing.* Destroying anybody's year of life and all his dedication and effort is mean and cruel even IF he is a cheater.

Just what are you on lad?

If someone cheats; then that someone should be banned on the spot. Banning a cheater ruins his life, soul, dedication and whatnot? Fine with me, that's the whole point.

That is the only deterrent to stop cheaters.

You mess up in RL and commit crimes, you're arrested and hopefully imprisoned. On the net you get a ban.

Though luck; next time don't cheat.
Pontszám: 5.40
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
345. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 15:47:36
Hehe. I agree that this post was a little weird.
If you cheat/steal, you should know you are assuming the risk of being banned/arrested. Otherwise, most people would choose that route.

Cruel.
unpopularRomanowRomanow
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
346. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:04:44
Things is banning destroys a player completely so it is equal to a death sentence.
Would you kill a man because he stole some cash?
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
347. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:09:36 (Válasz RomanowRomanow #346 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: RomanowRomanow - 2011.01.12. 17:04:44
Things is banning destroys a player completely so it is equal to a death sentence.
Would you kill a man because he stole some cash?

depends how much he stole:)
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
348. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:13:29 (Válasz RomanowRomanow #346 hozzászólására.)
A very interesting point of view. I will fully accept a long term (couple months) suspension of a player for cheating (that has been proven and validated) instead of a permanent ban.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
349. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:28:25
in society, most offenders normally repeat offend, thats a sad reality but it is a reality, jails are full of repeat offenders.

to Romans first post, there is a difference to being beatup by better players and being beatup by cheating players, i regularilly get attacked by a player on w2 and i always cop a hiding, i have no problems with that its part of the game and hes clearly not a cheat but he is a better player and its good motiv ation for me to become better player so i dont mind the attacks. He has a good headtsart o n me but im on a mission to beat him one day lol.

If someone is cheating then there is no defence against that other than to cheat also and 2 wrongs do not make a right. Cheats know the rules before they cheat, there problem is they think they are smarter than everyone else and can get away with it, just like real life, but very rarely do they succeed in real life and nevr should they succeed in online games. If someone is definatly cheating then that should be the end of the road for them, no second chances.
Pontszám: 8.33
unpopularRomanowRomanow
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
350. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:33:35
how about crystal clans ignoring 15% hp?
strange to be against cheaters hitting me if a massive army of bots perfectly legally do what real players are banned for
I am so pounded by them, that sometimes players can barely get in time to hit me
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
351. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:39:53
crystal clans are not cheats, they play with different parametres but they dont cheat.

they are precictable i belive as in they seem to attack on the hour and not between so there is some defence to losing Se to them, there normally is no defence against cheats in any game situation.
unpopularRomanowRomanow
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
352. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:41:03
Another interesting fact is that best player on s1 has 2469 ability, while
best crystal bot has 2558
I thought they are supposed to be clones of players, not clones+89 ability points
Thats a perfect example of a legitimate cheater hitting people 24/7 EVERY HOUR
And you, guys are perfectly ok with that?
And if a cheater hits u, I guess u still have an hour of peace, unless they can go past that too
A hozzászólást RomanowRomanow módosította 2011.01.12. 17:42:51-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
353. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:48:49 (Válasz RomanowRomanow #352 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: RomanowRomanow - 2011.01.12. 17:41:03
Another interesting fact is that best player on s1 has 2469 ability, while
best crystal bot has 2558
I thought they are supposed to be clones of players, not clones+89 ability points
Thats a perfect example of a legitimate cheater hitting people 24/7 EVERY HOUR
And you, guys are perfectly ok with that?
And if a cheater hits u, I guess u still have an hour of peace, unless they can go past that too

Crystal clan is a mirror of the top 50 players PLUS some stat mods.

There are nice rewards for beating them and just like the game some are beatable some are not but none are easy. These are things that we know about up front, you cant compare these with cheats, the only similarity with a crystal clan and a cheat is they both start with C but thats where the similaritys end:)

There is a skill that lets u decrease time between attacks down to about an atack every 20 mins or so...
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2011.01.12. 17:50:28-kor
unpopularRomanowRomanow
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
354. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:51:26 (Válasz D00ml0rd #351 hozzászólására.)
anything that attacks me 24/7 is a cheater because ppl have to sleep not to mention work school and privat life, human cannot win against maschine
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
355. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 17:53:54
Why on earth is this thread shifting to crystal clan complaints?

A bot is a bot; if you take a look at their buildings you'll notice a unique one.

This is a complaints on players thread. As for cheating; it's a perma ban offence everywhere - don't even try justifying and/or reducing the penalty. That's the final stepping stone to practically doom a game.
Pontszám: 4.80
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
356. hozzászólás - 2011.01.12. 22:11:07
Agree with Lydon. Imagine situation where you knowingly cheat, get your character up so high that you re almost untouchable (theres always that random thingy:)) and then got cought and suspended for 3 months.
As this game is unlike others and 3 months doesn't mean anything to your game plan after 3 months you are cleared since you ve "served your sentance" and you just pick up where you left, continuing to beat up players with unfairly advantage.

If that kind of player beats me regularly on w1 and in w2, I would either quit or would go to w3 and start cheating aware that I will be banned for 3 months but after it I would keep the gains.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
357. hozzászólás - 2011.01.13. 08:44:21 (Válasz dark22 #356 hozzászólására.)
Using 3rd party softwares like bots and scripts that players could benefit from - are against Doomlord's rules and shall the users will be punished.

Note, that it takes time to gather proofs about one cheating.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
likedBonsai CactusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
358. hozzászólás - 2011.01.13. 11:27:52 (Válasz Kethios #357 hozzászólására.)
thats all well and good but how long, its been almost 3 weeks now and we have been told nothing.
Pontszám: 6
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
359. hozzászólás - 2011.01.13. 14:57:49 (Válasz Kethios #357 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.01.13. 08:44:21
Note, that it takes time to gather proofs about one cheating.

While the alleged cheater is banned, they can't be gathering any proof. They said they had taken 2 months to analyze logs before they took the action of imposing the temporary ban. That "temporary" is what's getting everyone all unsettled. I think both sides would agree with this: we'd like it to either become "permanent", get lifted entirely, or get some explanation of how temporary it is - is it a certain time limit, or is it pending some decision by the admins (and when might that be expected), or is it pending some action on the alleged cheater's part, or what?
Pontszám: 8.25
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
360. hozzászólás - 2011.01.13. 15:38:28
In most cases, it is IMPOSSIBLE to have proof of external software utilization.
Take the clicker for example. How will anyone ever be able to prove that it was not me clicking in the buttom every second for 2 hours?
What they can do is assume that it is humanly impossible for someone to do what I described and use their judgement to ban a person even without proof.
And let's be honest here. I understand some of you are friends with the defendant, but if the situation Doomlord presented is true (and the GM can check if it is), it is simply humanly impossible to hit him 1 second after leaving immunity.
This rule applies to other external programs also. Most of them will simply do what a human can do, but faster and without the need to live a life.

In my view, the definition for the permanent ban is taking that long because the GMs don't have proof (and never will). They are just deciding if they have enough evidence to permanently ban even with no proof.

Cruel.
Pontszám: 4
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!