Szerző
Topic neve: The map
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
The map
1. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 10:48:22
You can now sign up for the new event, "The map". Anyone can participate who is at least level 2. To sign up, click on the Misc button on the left, and choose "The map". Although the actual action starts next Wednesday, you can join the event from today. The event lasts for 30 days. It will be a competition, players can choose to join one of 4 different groups. The winner group gets the most powerful reward, the second gets the second most powerful, etc. If the event will be successful, we shall repeat it (once every 6 months or something like that), so no worries if you miss it or want to get another reward as well. If you go to the event description ingame, you will find every necessary information there. We hope you will enjoy this event!

Also, don't forget about our Easter event coming up on Sunday!
Pontszám: 5
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: The map
2. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 13:56:35
I would appreciate a championship atm, but great idea anyway.
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 13:57:31
Great idea !

I am really curios to see what event you have for us on Sunday .
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 21:20:16 (Válasz Ciphas #3 hozzászólására.)
A question: only a handful of clans have the academy. Why are they get bonus from the climbing skill, which is only available for a few players? (The most players are light-years away from the Academy!)
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 21:59:11 (Válasz Boar #4 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.02. 21:20:16
A question: only a handful of clans have the academy. Why are they get bonus from the climbing skill, which is only available for a few players? (The most players are light-years away from the Academy!)

Very good question -- in world II now clan has the academy and its eons away from ALL the clans lol
much likedHrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
75 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.04.06. 09:59:08
How does the +3% to SE work? Is it multiplicative with the spectral manipulation or additive? If the latter, it doesn't seem so attractive.

In the same way bonus to reducing the specialized ability is additive or multiplicative with the 10% spec ability and ring of Bufa bonus and ultraspecialization skill?
A hozzászólást Hrus módosította 2010.04.06. 12:11:24-kor
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 20:04:49
Now that I'm taking part in this, I feel there is a bit of logic flaw in the % chance of finding a map piece. Now I understand that perhaps what you are actually doing is mapping new areas so your chance to find a new area decreases with each person mapping their own area but still, hundreds of people mapping can cover more area than a couple of people right? My suggestion would be that as pieces are found the chance decreases - i.e. the more area that is mapped, the less likely you are to map a unique area that no one else has. With fewer people, you would still have a greater chance overall simply because the decrease amount wouldn't jump as much as it would with a large group. For instance, you have 10,000 people with one soulhusker searching and in the first day thousands of map pieces are found while another group with 1,000 people only finds hundreds. Well the next day the first group would find fewer map pieces because more of the area has already been mapped, while the second group would have a greater chance of finding a map piece since there would still be a lot to map. Make sense?
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 16:18:02
Well, it's the third day of the event and the results are not making any logical sense. Something in the whole percentage vs contestant factor is definitely flawed.

A) Marietta - 95 members - 119 map pieces
B) Agnaesh - 113 members - 113 map pieces
C) Katherin - 38 members - 99 map pieces
D) Ericath - 46 members - 193 map pieces

Amount of members is supposed to effect the percentage of finding a map piece. Yet from the current result we can see that it ain't working as intended.

A,B,C all have similar map pieces, yet the member amounts of A and B compared to C vary greatly. Also, whilst C and D member amounts are similar; the amount of map pieces owned by D is around double the amount C has.

A and B seem to be working correctly (relatively to each other) since both member and map amounts are similar, but if we enter C and D in the picture; things start to look extremely messy.

Also, if the whole percentage scenario is working as intended, C and D should have similar map pieces, yet as can be observed this is not the case.

So, the question is; what's up?
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 17:17:52 (Válasz LydonB #8 hozzászólására.)
Perhaps group C is not answering quiz questions correctly

so far I've found 1/day (2 total) and I hope that continues! I don't want to waste thousands of SE for nothing although obviously an entire group will fall into that category...
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 18:41:53
Does it matter if you only win 2 rounds of the possible 3 in the friendly duel? Will it still drop a piece of map?
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 18:55:27
I doubt anyone answers questions randomly, if someone doesn't know the answer - Google will.

As for battle rounds, I think they only drop if you actually win the duel.

Found 4 pieces myself yesterday, nothing today though.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 18:57:54 (Válasz LydonB #11 hozzászólására.)
I'm talking about the friendly duels not the simple duels. In the friendly duel you can lose one round but win 2 and you still win the FD.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 09:45:43
LidonB i have to agree with you. The system has serious flaws. This is from EN W2 day 4:

Ericath, the enchanting (31 followers): 205
Agnaesh, the fascinating (84 followers): 170
Marietta, the charming (65 followers): 164
Katherin, the gorgeous (35 followers): 153

It funny to see how Ericath and Katherin that have close numbers of followers have a very big gap between but it's weird to see such a big gap between Ericath and Agnaesh: 30+ now but the average is somewhere to 50. I can understand that the soul-huckster that have less followers has a bigger chance to find map pieces but the gap is just way to big. At this rate i can tell the winner right now.

P.S.: Don't tell me that maybe the players get wrong answers because i'm one of the top players with correct answers and in 4 days i have only 9 map pieces (8 from hunts and 1 from duels) and i have over 150 hunts done.
A hozzászólást Dakaan módosította 2010.04.11. 09:46:04-kor
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 10:56:39
Is it possible to get some higher up attention to this thread?

I would really like the opinion of the devs/admins on this issue.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 14:17:51
I find it odd that in world 2 I collected 11 pieces in a few hours. On world 1, my soul husker has less followers than my w2 soulhusker, plus I dropped 4 points in the climbing skill and after 3 days of major hunting and dueling I only have 9 pieces.
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 15:34:21
I was just joking about the quiz answers being wrong - I'm sure some will get it wrong and some right, but I'm also sure not everyone google's to find the right answer (if you have submitted a question that was accepted you will see the stats for right and wrong answers). But I still like the idea of it being based on the map pieces found so far rather than the number of followers - this way I think each group will have a chance through to the finish and it won't be a "run-away" victory for any one group.
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 18:36:49
Premium to get more AP, the 30 DP version activated for more DP, better stats at successful duels or just mighty luck. Maybe mainly mighty luck, since we all do know: random may grant godmode sometimes.
A hozzászólást Gamer módosította 2010.04.11. 18:37:49-kor
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2010.04.11. 19:29:42
It's day 5 of the event, and the statistics are following the same trend. This has nothing to do with luck, the code is flawed.

If it's working correctly C and D should be extremely similar, yet in reality they are nearly double in difference.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 09:14:05
Day 23 of the event : World 2

Marietta, the charming
66 followers
723 map pieces

Katherin, the gorgeous
37 followers
521 map pieces

Agnaesh, the fascinating
84 followers
710 map pieces

Ericath, the enchanting
37 followers

until ~ day 15 i used to get 1-3 map pieces per day, since then (more than a week) i've only gotten 2 map pieces (and none in the last 4 days). So... in the future, after an event has started please DON'T change the code until the event is finished (i.e. no mid-event changes). ty
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
Pontszám: 8.33
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 09:22:35
Sorry to say this but the scripting you used for this event was TOTALY messed up. I mean how is it possible for me to get 40 ( Forty ) map pieces in the first 6 days and than get ONLY 8 in the next 17 ( seventeen ) days ... that is just absurd! A few players complained that the SoulHucksters with more followers are getting too few map pieces and you went on and changed the script immediately. Now that was NOT fair, i joined the SoulHuckster with the least followers based on the tooltip for the MAP event.... Those are the exact words take from the tooltip YOU wrote: "The less minions she have, the higher the chance!"

What I am trying to say is you went really wrong in changing it during the event, it's just not fair
it figures ....
Pontszám: 9.17
Oldal: 1234
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!