Szerző
Topic neve: The map
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: The map
21. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 12:03:08
The whole event is simply a mess, said it on the third day. I'll say it even now.

Someone messed up badly doing the maths and that's the reality of it.

The event should have been suspended a long time ago, and the percentage system fixed up.

No admin has bothered commenting on this thread about the issues presented, that makes it even more frustrating.
Pontszám: 7.50
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
22. hozzászólás - 2010.05.04. 06:14:43
I think that is based on how much of the map is discovered. In the first day the map was fresh ("to be discovered") and as you advance it's normal to get less map pieces since the map is almost completed and you will "visit" areas discovered by you or other players.
In the first days i had the same opinion about the script but right now i see it is OK. Don't trow your frustration on the dev team. About "The less minions she have, the higher the chance!" if you think it's actually correct and you confirmed it. Less minions means more map pieces for you, and as you said you got 40 in the first days, but not necessarily more for the Soul-huckster.

You have to understand that the developers are hungarians and it's hard to do a 100% accurate translation from any language to english or either way around. What makes sens in a language can be something totally different in another, so i believe that some are just translations errors or misinterpretations.
Pontszám: 5
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
23. hozzászólás - 2010.05.04. 06:31:29 (Válasz Dakaan #22 hozzászólására.)
I doubled the amount of map pieces in the past week with much less activity than I had earlier in the competition. I still think something is off with the script.
Pontszám: 6
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
24. hozzászólás - 2010.05.04. 06:50:09 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #23 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.05.04. 06:31:29
I doubled the amount of map pieces in the past week with much less activity than I had earlier in the competition. I still think something is off with the script.

What Soul-Huckster are you working for and your skills can be a great influence. It's easy to talk, but without proper information this can be at any help. It's true that it's a chance game (dice roll) so it is possible that some players to get allot of them in a short time even now (google dice roll if you want to find out more).
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
25. hozzászólás - 2010.05.04. 13:46:08 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #23 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.05.04. 06:31:29

It's all anecdotal, but I think there's sufficient evidence to believe that the code got changed partway through. My guess, though, is that the original state was "off", not the new state. Yes, the code change favors different groups than the ones who were favored before the code change, but I don't see that the initially favored groups have any reasonable entitlement to being favored. Now, the code seems to favor groups with more members, which was the expectation they set before the game started.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
26. hozzászólás - 2010.05.05. 18:52:01 (Válasz ImLittleJon #25 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.04. 13:46:08
Now, the code seems to favor groups with more members, which was the expectation they set before the game started.

The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!

Get your facts right. The lower the amount of members, the higher the chance. This is not working as it's supposed to be as I said in my initial post. The code is flawed, this is no supposition; and I proved it in my initial post as well.

If they screwed up the explanation due to the language barrier they should have hired a translator or bought a dictionary. The players shouldn't be responsible for the developers/admins mistakes.

Not to mention; the lack of higher ups actually reading/commenting/offering insight on this forum is practically null.
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.05.05. 18:53:57-kor
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
27. hozzászólás - 2010.05.06. 02:29:06 (Válasz LydonB #26 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.05. 18:52:01
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.04. 13:46:08
Now, the code seems to favor groups with more members, which was the expectation they set before the game started.

The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!

Get your facts right. The lower the amount of members, the higher the chance.

We're talking about two different things. You are talking about the chance of an individual finding a map piece. I'm talking about the aggregate chance of all the followers finding map pieces. Take an example:

One group has 100 followers, and each one has a 1% chance to find a map piece.
Another group has 10 followers, and each one has a 5% chance to find a map piece.

That would be consistent with the expectations they set, and the end result - if each follower averaged the same number of hunts/duels - would be that the first group would have twice as many map pieces.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
28. hozzászólás - 2010.05.06. 07:50:25
Well, the event is almost over. Devs should make sure they stick to the explained tooltip next time this event will be on. Moreover, make sure it is translated properly and phrased in such a manner so that everyone can understand the rules correctly ...
it figures ....
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
29. hozzászólás - 2010.05.06. 13:28:21
The chance to find a map piece is 2%, plus 0,03% per climbing skill. This is the only ratio that i can see there.

This example has nothing to do with the problem since "the chance to find a map piece is 2%, plus 0,03% per climbing skill."
Another group has 10 followers, and each one has a 5% chance to find a map piece.

As i told you i believe that is a error in translation, as it is normal that a lower group to have more map pieces for every player that it wont necessarily have to reflect in the total amount. What devs should do is to explain clearly how the event works and we wont have any misunderstandings in the future.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
30. hozzászólás - 2010.05.06. 13:59:01 (Válasz Dakaan #29 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.05.06. 13:28:21
The chance to find a map piece is 2%, plus 0,03% per climbing skill. This is the only ratio that i can see there.

This example has nothing to do with the problem since "the chance to find a map piece is 2%, plus 0,03% per climbing skill."

As i told you i believe that is a error in translation, as it is normal that a lower group to have more map pieces for every player that it wont necessarily have to reflect in the total amount. What devs should do is to explain clearly how the event works and we wont have any misunderstandings in the future.

You stopped your copy/paste too soon. The next sentences: "The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!" If you put that all together, it reads to me that the 2% is the base chance, but it can vary based on how many minions your team has. So then it's just a question of how big you expected the number-of-followers effect to be. My example was intended to illustrate that even with an effect that dwarfed the base chance of 2%, you would still expect the team with more followers to end up with more map pieces, and thus that the outcome of the second half of the event more closely matched the description than the outcome of the first half.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that they should have been clearer.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
31. hozzászólás - 2010.05.07. 12:37:41
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.04.09. 16:18:02
Well, it's the third day of the event and the results are not making any logical sense. Something in the whole percentage vs contestant factor is definitely flawed.

A) Marietta - 95 members - 119 map pieces
B) Agnaesh - 113 members - 113 map pieces
C) Katherin - 38 members - 99 map pieces
D) Ericath - 46 members - 193 map pieces

Amount of members is supposed to effect the percentage of finding a map piece. Yet from the current result we can see that it ain't working as intended.

A,B,C all have similar map pieces, yet the member amounts of A and B compared to C vary greatly. Also, whilst C and D member amounts are similar; the amount of map pieces owned by D is around double the amount C has.

A and B seem to be working correctly (relatively to each other) since both member and map amounts are similar, but if we enter C and D in the picture; things start to look extremely messy.

Also, if the whole percentage scenario is working as intended, C and D should have similar map pieces, yet as can be observed this is not the case.

So, the question is; what's up?

Prediction made on day 3 of the event on statistics:

Pos 2: Marietta - 95 members - 119 map pieces
pos 3: Agnaesh - 113 members - 113 map pieces
Pos 4: Katherin - 38 members - 99 map pieces
Pos 1: Ericath - 46 members - 193 map pieces

Actual results:

Pos 1: Ericath - 49 members - 1250 map pieces
Pos 2: Agnaesh - 114 members - 1242 map pieces
Pos 3: Marietta - 96 members - 1186 map pieces
Pos 3: Katherin - 38 members - 808 map pieces

As one can note, both position 1 and 2 were predicted correctly, the only difference occured between 2nd and 3rd place.

Now, I say yet again. If the coding for this event was correct, Katherin should have had a similar amount of map pieces to Ericath since they both have the fewest amount of members.

The proof is right there for all to see. All those who keep stating that it's working as intended; should invest in fixing the brain cell deficiency - No offence intended..
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.05.07. 17:32:00-kor
averageDeanUchihaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
32. hozzászólás - 2010.10.26. 16:21:28
When start the map?
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
33. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 00:47:38
considering it costs extra per da to join the map event can someone please fix the map lin k on W3

wehn u click on it it takes u straght to your prfile page so the event cannnot be en etered from W3
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
34. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 03:11:11
Would belt of specialization work along with maximum level of ultraspecialization? I mean would the bonus be taken beyond the maximum?
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
35. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 03:19:38
it says it works over the maximum.

About the dicussion going on earlier about the map I have to remind people about the participants activity. Low member count= greater chance to find map piece but at the same time one player not active during quest is much bigger penalty for a whole group
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
36. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 07:35:07
i would also like to reiterate : "in the future, after an event has started please DON'T change the code until the event is finished (i.e. no mid-event changes)". not cool what happened in the last map event..
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
37. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 07:35:47 (Válasz Inv_ #36 hozzászólására.)
Won't happen this time I believe.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
38. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 08:19:53
still waiting for the map event to open up on W3 or isnt w3 getting it?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
39. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 09:03:24 (Válasz petel87 #34 hozzászólására.)
Along the same lines... It says, "Items of different power, but with same effect do not stack, only the most powerful takes effect." Does this only apply to event items? For example, if I have a Ruby Triad (improving specialized ability costs 10% less SE) and win a Golden belt of specialization (Improving specialized ability costs 3% less SE) will I get a 13% discount or just the 10% from the better item?
much likedHrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
75 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
40. hozzászólás - 2010.11.30. 09:05:08
what does exactly mean "doesn't stack with Tower of Power Bonus"?
What does happen when you have Tower of POwer? the relic is nullified? Or the percentage bonuses just adds together (and don't multiply)?
Oldal: 1234
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője