Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Why did i reject a question (stekkos)
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Why did i reject a question (CG)
581. hozzászólás - 2011.05.08. 11:32:06
Who discovered the first printing press?
Pierre Von Schenburg
William Penn
James Gooden
Johannes Gutenberg

He did not discover the first printing press. They had been in use for centuries. He was the inventor of the first printing press with movable metal type that allowed for mass production.
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2011.05.08. 11:32:22-kor
Pontszám: 5
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
582. hozzászólás - 2011.05.09. 17:34:22
Which time zone do you find the U.S. state of Idaho?
Pacific
Mountain
None of the other answers
Both Mountain and Pacific

"None of the other answers" not a valid choice
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
583. hozzászólás - 2011.05.10. 21:22:24
In the film Bambi, what type of animal was Thumper?
Mouse
Guinea Pig
Rabbit
Hare

The common names Rabbit and Hare are used interchangeably.
everyone's favoritePhaedrus2Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
15 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question (stekkos)
584. hozzászólás - 2011.05.11. 13:57:40
I'd like to be reinstated in my ability to make up questions. I understand they may be rejected again, but most of mine have been dismissed for bad spelling/grammar/and ambiguity. Most often my spelling and grammar are not incorrect; so I don't know the 'real' reason for rejection, nor do I know the proper place for this post.
My spelling and grammar are better than most of the chapters written for us in this game. I recognize the difficulty the moderators must have in deciding on 'correctness'. For instance, I'm an American from the US, where Sesame Street originated, yet I just learned from reading these posts that Big Bird is not yellow all over the world and that the term Disneyland not only refers to the original Disneyland in Anaheim Ca., but is also in Paris, Tokyo, and a couple of other countries. I'm guessing it is natural for citizens of countries where something originates from to think they 'know' the correct answer, even if out of good old fashioned conceit.
I find myself frustrated with the process because I always Google my question before I post it, and if the answer isn't quickly clear, I don't post it. I have voted on the Googleability factor and yet have no idea what the Powers That Be have decided on.
Help, help!

Phaedrus2
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
585. hozzászólás - 2011.05.11. 14:23:52 (Válasz Phaedrus2 #584 hozzászólására.)
Googlability is still not a factor because the powers have been silent about this, despite our efforts. As for your questions, spelling does not dismiss your right to post questions so many spelling mistakes cannot be the reason you cannot post any more. But since no evaluator can have the power to re enable you to post questions, i suggest to post your request into the general complains section where is more likely to be seen by the admins.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
586. hozzászólás - 2011.05.13. 05:14:43
What did Percy Shaw invent in 1933?
Traffic islands
Pelican Crossing
Zebra crossing
Cat's eyes.

Gave this a spelling error; the answer is marked with a period
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question (CG)
587. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 01:39:56
How many tons of number 9 coal did Tennessee Ernie Williams sing about loading?

"he never sang the song" is the same as "none of the above" Please make a different answer.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
588. hozzászólás - 2011.05.20. 19:24:50
How many players get drafted per year in NFL?
200 <--

There isn't an official number. Two examples: 2010 had 255 and 2008 had 252.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
589. hozzászólás - 2011.05.21. 08:21:41
John Glenn was the first American in space; what was the name of the mission which put him there?

Alan Shepard was the first American in space.
John Glenn was the first American to orbit the Earth and third American in space.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
590. hozzászólás - 2011.05.26. 18:16:25
which musical instrument is commonly used throughout the legend of zelda series?
Lyre
Guitar
Flute
Ocarina <---

The Ocarina is actually an ancient type of flute.

The Ocarina in: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap

Flute: The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Oracle series
A "Spirit Flute" is in the newer Spirit Tracks title.
A hozzászólást ChaoticGemini módosította 2011.05.26. 18:16:42-kor
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
591. hozzászólás - 2011.05.31. 20:51:06
Which nation harnesses the most geothermal power?
Australia
America
Japan
Iceland <--

Your answer only works per/capita. It is only the 3rd highest in total output according to the last meeting World Geothermal Congress.

-----------

How many pyramids are there in Bosnia?

I seem to remember this question either being in the quiz or discussed. Technically, there are none, so why ask, but natural formations found there are sometimes referred to as pyramids and they are still finding them. I found more listed than the numbers in your choices.

--------------

What is the favorite game in America?

"favorite" is a vague word. Is it the most teams? The most tickets sold? The longest history? The highest paid players? The most people to watch on TV? The most venues? etc.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
592. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 07:25:40
Which of these keys remains at the same place, both at an azerty keyboard and at a qwerty keyboard?

None of the keys you have as options remains the same on both layouts
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
593. hozzászólás - 2011.06.04. 20:41:19
In the Planet of the Apes (1968), where does astronaut, Colonel Taylor, crash land?
A fictional planet
A planet beyond our solar system
Mars
Earth

Everything I find simply says, "a distant planet" which would make both your first and second choices correct.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
594. hozzászólás - 2011.06.05. 21:25:49
ChaoticGemini, the big revelation at the end of the film is that he has landed back on Earth in the future. he realizes this when he sees what remains of the Statue of Liberty. it's an iconic scene. an argument could be made that it's a fictional Earth, or a strange planet in the distant future, but not a distant planet.
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.06.05. 22:15:56-kor
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question ()
595. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 00:29:06 (Válasz manunkind #594 hozzászólására.)
I have seen the statue of liberty image, but it made no sense to me. (I never saw these movies) When you look quickly for an answer the beginning of the plot summaries on the web they really do say distant planet. I humbly apologize for the error on my part.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
596. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 00:47:38
In Soylent Green (1973), from what is soylent green made?
meat grown in a petri dish
people
pistachio nuts
kelp

Every movie quote seems to list it as ""high-energy plankton." Kelp can be in plankton, but not all plankton is kelp. Kelp are the seaweeds or algae. Plankton are the drifting bits of animals, bacteria, plants, etc)
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
597. hozzászólás - 2011.06.06. 00:53:25
ChaoticGemini, the big revelation at the end of the film is that soylent green is made from people. it's another iconic moment in moviemaking. imdb movie quote: "It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!"

re: planet of the apes. no problem. for what it's worth, wikipedia says "a strange planet in the distant future," not "a distant planet." the fact that it's earth is what gives the movie its powerful scifi message (i'm opining now). imdb movie quote: "Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home [on Earth]. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up!"
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.06.06. 04:21:37-kor
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question
598. hozzászólás - 2011.06.07. 01:43:02 (Válasz manunkind #597 hozzászólására.)
manunkind you're killing me
Your soylent green question would be correct. I am going to wager a guess that I am not the only one that has not seen these films that will not get that there is a big reveal at the end. If it's too many, it will get dropped automatically. I would accept the question as written, but would offer the suggestion of a rewording to keep it in the database. Your call.
Pontszám: 7.50
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
599. hozzászólás - 2011.06.07. 01:53:03
. If you were eating fish 'a la Normande', how would the fish be cooked?
Braised in black wine
Braised in yelow wine
Braised in red wine
Braised in white wine

From looking at several recipes claiming to be "a la Normande" there is no consistency. In fact, I found more calling for brandy than wine. Translating simply means "cooking in the style of Normandy."
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
600. hozzászólás - 2011.06.07. 02:15:49
sorry, ChaoticGemini. i realize they're not recent films, but they're both absolute classics of the genre. i highly recommend them. i imagine both answers are a little tricky to find because they are major spoilers, but obvious for anyone who has seen the films, since in both cases, they are THE ending revelation.
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.06.07. 02:20:54-kor
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője