Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Zarknod's awakening
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Zarknod's awakening
21. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 08:18:16 (Válasz Maintzunun #20 hozzászólására.)
I won 13 of my 30 battles. Looted alot of SE, potions but I have to find the first relic. It's a bit hard for me to kill the AIs even if I'm the 6th strongest on my level. All in all, I try to charge bigger amount of SE at a time so I keep the balance.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.08.17. 08:33:28-kor
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
Pontszám: 5
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
22. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 08:37:01 (Válasz Maintzunun #20 hozzászólására.)
The relics doesn't stack. You can only find 1-1 from the 3 types.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
23. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 08:42:08
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.16. 18:16:07
this should ultimately be a cakewalk win for the Emerald - based purely on number of players

The multiplier (effectiveness of SE you spent) depends on the number of active players from that horde. So if the emerald has twice as much active players as ruby, for example, then the emeralds have to charge twice as much as well. About level and quality - the SE you need to charge depends on your level as well, this is to help to make the event less level-dependant.

Idézet: Cezann - 2010.08.17. 04:31:19
Tried several of these battles, and it seems there is little or no benefit for casual players or builders. My opponents ate up the multiple APs and none of the fights were even close.

We tried to balance the opponents that an average player can win the majority of the duels. However, the key to this that you have a decent equipment. Not necessarily premium, but at least things you can buy at your level, with a fair trade skill. The opponent's level is important only for one thing, the items they can use. If you get opponents 6 levels higher than you, it means only that they use items your level+6. So if you have a trade skill of 60 at least (with turbo), then you can have the same items, but you will have better base stats, so you will probably win.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
24. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 08:57:44 (Válasz Miklos #23 hozzászólására.)
Trade skill that I don't have. At lvl 22 is is a bit hard to defeat the AIs but not impossible. I have luck lvl*2+11 but they still outdamage me in the spell round. Some were casting red death before me. I think I'll use my pet to raise my winning %.
public enemyblack1ce
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
25. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 11:07:28 (Válasz Maintzunun #20 hozzászólására.)
hey manz, whats your relic sell for? perhaps that is a small reward in itself.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
26. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 11:08:09 (Válasz black1ce #25 hozzászólására.)
Relics cannot be sold as long as I know.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
27. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 18:55:02 (Válasz Miklos #23 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.08.17. 08:42:08
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.16. 18:16:07
this should ultimately be a cakewalk win for the Emerald - based purely on number of players

The multiplier (effectiveness of SE you spent) depends on the number of active players from that horde. So if the emerald has twice as much active players as ruby, for example, then the emeralds have to charge twice as much as well. About level and quality - the SE you need to charge depends on your level as well, this is to help to make the event less level-dependant.

Can't say this is working exactly as expected, given that Green and Diamond already have almost insurmountable leads - and are the most populated colors. Green also has the most upper tier players, and is ahead by almost double. Either the math doesn't work, or it is evaluating the wrong set/type/levels of players.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
28. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 20:20:36
Actually, its not the horde, but the players. Several ultra-active players can tip the balance. But the event is far from over yet...

Also, the horde reward is small, compared to the reward which everyone gets.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2010.08.17. 20:21:01-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
29. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 20:54:09
whats the "Used SE" number mean?

its only a fraction of the amount its costing to fight this (SE plus AP) so hoping that is not the number that determines the stats increase we get at the end.
public enemyblack1ce
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
30. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 22:37:56
Can you activate pylons while invis? are there any clear benifits from doing this if your not built for dueling?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
31. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 06:27:43 (Válasz black1ce #30 hozzászólására.)
As Miklós stated above, not only your character build determines the chance of winning against AI but your equipment - plus I personally think high luck=WIN.
averageCezann
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
32. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 07:24:58 (Válasz Miklos #23 hozzászólására.)
Well, with the high cost of joining a decent clan I've spent almost all the SE for 2 levels and I still haven't been able to fill the soul well. No equipment or way to buy heaps of trader skill either. If you make any unlucky choices in your build or clans, recovery becomes prohibitively expensive. I've only won ONE battle in this and got only a stinking mana potion. Not even useful as I never run out. In duels, my win ratio is about 2:1, so I didn't neglect my own stats.

Even with the mod on SE cost for lower level players, the AP cost makes this worthless. For the SE I spent, I could have hunted and raised a stat or skill, and I won far less than the 50% others here have. Losing that often and costing advancement sure doesn't make for a fun event.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
33. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 08:33:16
im a higher level player Cezann and i have to agree with you, the cost for this seems rediclous compared tot he map event for isnatnce and the rewards for that map event were much more worthwhle than what seems to be on offer with this event, the stats i ncrease will have to be spectacular to make this anything more than a thinly disguised attempt to drain the game of all its SE and Aps.

Cost is even worse when the slowing down of clans soul well comes into effect, at least players not i n clans dont get hit with that little whammy.

Admin are being way to vague/secretive about the rewards especially the potential stat increase, fair enough if they tell us how that works but they are keeping that super quiet.

i think i can smell a rat but hope i am wrong. Only thing keeping me going int his event is the fact i missed the map event and regretted it.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
34. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 11:28:08 (Válasz D00ml0rd #33 hozzászólására.)
How many times do we have to say: Participating in the event is your choice. We won't force anyone. It's a decision that one have to make. If you feel yourself weak, or you think working on the event would cause loss for your character simply stay back and watch it going. But do not be suprised, when a character that is like 150 AS lower than you will be stronger after the event will be finished.

I had a clan member when we had Zarknod's awakening in the HUN server. He was a decent dueller but was way weaker than myself. He was 5 levels higher than me and had lower AS and Skills. He spent alot of SE and time during the event. (More than me.) After Zarknod was awaken I had to realize he got strong. Strong enough to fairly pick up fights with the spiders/duellers in his level.

In my opinion, activating like 2-4 pylons a day isn't a big deal when you know you'll surely get reward for doing so.

I hope everyone will find the way suitable for his/her charakter and smile back after we get the personal rewards.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.08.18. 11:52:32-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
35. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 19:26:04
u only need to tell me once but the key word is tell lol

if someone tells you to buy a pointy hat with little bells on pink and yellow spots and a big flower in it, you wouldnt buy it until your girlfriend told u u look hot in it would you?

you have told me it will make me look hot lol, ao i will take the event seriously now.
Pontszám: 3
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
36. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 19:45:54
What ability points do these monsters have?
Judging by my own battles, they at least seem to be stronger than the dimension gate ones, while the level is supposed to be lower. I even lost not just 1, but 2 battles
I can imagine people who don't use ancient stones to buy equipment and have just average abilities, to find it quite a challenge to beat these. So, I'm afraid that this event will cause the gap between the weak and the strong to grow wider, as the lesser players need to put in significantly more effort (SE and AP) for the same results.
And yes, I'm not sure what formula was used to balance things between the hordes, but it is obvious that the hordes with the most top players have a clear advantage. It's likely that the low levels (lvl 3-15ish, world 2 standards) are far too heavily weighed. Most of them will never even notice an event is happening at all, let alone participate. Well, it's a relief to hear the personal reward is much more attractive than the horde one
And finally, good luck to all who decide to fight! I'll make sure to retrieve your remains from the monster's stomach. Well, or I'll have Maintzunun do it since he seems to be a bit more reliable

@D00mlord ! Kethios is your girlfriend? I'd never have guessed!
A hozzászólást MsPiggy módosította 2010.08.18. 19:49:58-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
37. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 04:23:38 (Válasz MsPiggy #36 hozzászólására.)
I lost 10 times and won 25 up to now. Analyzing the battles i came to the conclusion of what was wrong. So i decided to stop attacking them and use my se to improve the ability that caused me the defeats. Since its a long event, i will be back later with better stats to catch up. Even if i dont finish in the top 10, still will get rewards and relics that way.

I am writting this just to show 1 of the many ways you can approach this event. It is not a 30 day event like the map. You have to realize it will span several months. So everyone has a chance to prepare and come back to it even now, no matter his abilities or if he has stones or his horde, level, XP etc.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
38. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 05:31:53 (Válasz D00ml0rd #35 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.18. 19:26:04

you have told me it will make me look hot lol, ao i will take the event seriously now.

lmao~ I just want to tell everyone that it is worth trying.

Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.08.18. 19:45:54

@D00mlord ! Kethios is your girlfriend? I'd never have guessed!

No. I'm not. I don't have gender problems. ^_^
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
39. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 05:32:44 (Válasz stekkos #37 hozzászólására.)
Absolutely right stekkos bro.

I did the same. Needed to raise my def and IQ.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
40. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 07:37:22
328 SE
1 HP / -45 SP
211 XP

This happened today morning.

I encountered this for the 3rd time so it can be reproduced and fixed. I charge a pylon with more SE than the minimum and suddenly I see a lost battle - but my charged SE is gone.

I checked my previous battles and there was 3 won and 1 lost. So there was 4 battle with one charge that the player can see. Also, with this happening my mana went into the minus. The second time there was only 1 won and 1 lost battles and I saw the lost battle again. Checked the previous ones and there is the unread description of the unseen won battle. Good in the bad - I got my first phase relic.

With the negative mana - and Zarknod's half mana regeneration it is a disadvantage for me. Hope admins will fix the bug.

Here are the battles with one charge:

Today, 09:30 Kethios Volcano Taszk Your opponent has won the battle. Battle description G

Today, 09:30 Kethios Volcano Taszk You have won the battle.
The reward is 703 soul-energy and 34 XP. Battle description G

Today, 09:30 Kethios Zan Toadlin You have won the battle.
The reward is 295 soul-energy and 34 XP. Battle description G

Today, 09:30 Kethios Storm Hiloki You have won the battle.
The reward is 228 soul-energy and 34 XP. Battle description
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.08.19. 07:44:16-kor
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!