Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Zarknod's awakening
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Zarknod's awakening
261. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 10:46:11 (Válasz Kethios #260 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.18. 05:02:08
You'll gai nthe ducats.

Also, stop talking like that. It is your decision. If you didn't like it - do not participate next time.

I am in no way complaining about the event, but participation in the event was not completely voluntary because of the reduction of SP regeneration if you didn't kill at least one goblin/zombie per day.
Pontszám: 5
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
262. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 11:18:15 (Válasz Sbart #261 hozzászólására.)
↑ That post of mine was directed towards Doomlord, not you.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
263. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 12:26:58 (Válasz Kethios #262 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.19. 11:18:15

I know it was not directed towards me, I am just stating that participation was not completely voluntary, since you were penalized if you did not participate (half SP regeneration). I think this should be reconsidered for the next time the event is run (so that people can actually chose if they want to participate or not).
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
264. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 12:54:59 (Válasz Sbart #263 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sbart - 2010.10.19. 12:26:58

I know it was not directed towards me, I am just stating that participation was not completely voluntary, since you were penalized if you did not participate (half SP regeneration). I think this should be reconsidered for the next time the event is run (so that people can actually chose if they want to participate or not).

Not really. I spend days without any hit on the event monsters. The impact wasn't so big, but it depends on the way you play the game.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
265. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 21:11:15 (Válasz Dakaan #264 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.10.19. 12:54:59
Idézet: Sbart - 2010.10.19. 12:26:58

Not really. I spend days without any hit on the event monsters. The impact wasn't so big, but it depends on the way you play the game.

But then if the event is voluntary or not depends on your play style, not if you chose to participate or not. Is that the intention? Or is the intention that it should be completely voluntary?
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
266. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 21:23:34
ok lol i will stop complaining about it

but last shot on subject

1. "The new Event is here! I can say this one was the best in the whole Doomlord history for Hungarian players"

it did not live up to the hype, well not on eng server anyway, the map event and that trade relic seems to be m uch better as the trade relic definately gave a big advantge to those that played.

2. "Also, stop talking like that. It is your decision. If you didn't like it - do not participate next time"

As has been noted already this was not completely voluntary there WAS a penalty for not participating, wether that affected players to any degree or not is beside the point it still was a penalty and it would have affected players that use SP with magic regen skill and also for manaconstruction.

3. It also penalised all clans and all players in clans with the stupid half rate regen of soul well.

lesson to be learnt? For developers and over excited mods Dont hype something up without giving full disclosure, dont hide the costs with silly formulas and dont penalise players for not particpating

For players, trust your gut instinct and dont believe all the hype when it starts walking like a duck.

Lastly thanks for answering my question about W3
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
267. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 05:30:51 (Válasz D00ml0rd #266 hozzászólására.)
Let me put it this way (since i have some experience with some things that are not seen in a game):

1. Yes they got maybe excited since the event was welcomed better in the Hungarian World than here. It's normal to be this way and i know it myself since i was a developer for another kind of games but the reactions are similar no matter the type of the game (browser/mmo/mmorpg etc). So yes they maybe thought that it will be welcomed in the same manner and got a little excited, they are entitled to it.

2. A, it was your decision after all and hitting once a day a monster event is no different than hitting a player. The only difference is that hitting a monster event will take some SE (or almost none if you're lucky) or you won't have to hit one at all (like my case). Since the penalty was the same for all players i think it was more than fair so again i fail to see your point.

3. Same as earlier, as you pointed it affected everyone so i don't see any problem with it.

The bottom line is that they tried to help in the event as much as they could with some info and formulas, but not to much so you wont loose the interest. From my point of view wasn't that bad, but it's a matter of opinions.
A hozzászólást Dakaan módosította 2010.10.20. 05:31:42-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
268. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 06:04:56 (Válasz D00ml0rd #266 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.10.19. 21:23:34
ok lol i will stop complaining about it

but last shot on subject

1. "The new Event is here! I can say this one was the best in the whole Doomlord history for Hungarian players"

it did not live up to the hype, well not on eng server anyway, the map event and that trade relic seems to be m uch better as the trade relic definately gave a big advantge to those that played.

2. "Also, stop talking like that. It is your decision. If you didn't like it - do not participate next time"

As has been noted already this was not completely voluntary there WAS a penalty for not participating, wether that affected players to any degree or not is beside the point it still was a penalty and it would have affected players that use SP with magic regen skill and also for manaconstruction.

3. It also penalised all clans and all players in clans with the stupid half rate regen of soul well.

lesson to be learnt? For developers and over excited mods Dont hype something up without giving full disclosure, dont hide the costs with silly formulas and dont penalise players for not particpating

For players, trust your gut instinct and dont believe all the hype when it starts walking like a duck.

Lastly thanks for answering my question about W3

1) Yeah, it took WAY too long, and was very tedious (and costly). Plus the random nature of the relic drops caused more problems than benefit. Some got the relic in the first 10, some got nothing after 100.

2) I was going to bring up ManaConstr and MagRegen, but (I don't think) anyone on W2 was at that stage when the event came in. Going forward, it'll make a BIG difference to those users.

3) At least it penalized evenly, although in the grand scheme, that meant the rich got richer and the poor got poorer

4) I still say the biggest problem was the relic reward. The Zankwad relic is crap, and the way it got distributed was lousy - the Horde Balancing was piss poor. And the Top10 prize being that same lousy Zankwad medal was just a big mistake.

Was the event worth it? For me, it was. Something that is forgotten about in all these calculations is that the "goblins" did pay back when they were defeated. So that 2000 and 2APs you spent did earn back around 1000SE, and potentially a solid potion (and of course the Relics). For myself, I spent around 800,000 and 800 APs, with around 350k being returned in victory "payment". If I would have used those 800 APs, at 1200 SE average each, that would have been 960,000. For a gain, I pulled in +45.3 in stats (average, obviously), at a cost of about 2800 (escalating to 7230, to keep the math simple) each - so that's 1.625M in "value".

Plus you got Rings, Necklaces and Crystals randomly. I got about 20 that I traded for Ducats. 20 Ducats = 50 APs worth of labour. So since I would have laboured with those anyways, can't really count them as an event cost. So the 800 APs was actually 750. So, using those numbers:

- 750,000 Spend (Pylon Attack cost)
+ 350,000 Victory Pay
- 900,000 Lost AP Value (from lost Hunts)
+ 1,625,000 Gained Stat Value
+ 35,000 with the 5 Luck Points
+ 75,000 in Infection Fighting
-------------------------------
+ 410,000 Overall SE Gained by doing the event (800 AP worth)
+ Dozens of Health & Magic potions that helped me roll more quickly thru more Goblins and Entities
+ The 20 Ducats that would have taken me 10 more days of labour to get
+ 150(ish) BOAS, that I WILL utilize as a paying member (and even if I wasn't, they could go into the Clan Crystalyzer)
+ The immediate 5-level value of infection fighting (meaning that I'll get the Infection Bonus 5 levels earlier)
+ The Three Relics (I missed out on the Top 10 Kills list by 3, damn day job)

Looks like a pretty good deal to me. Yes, I would participate in this again.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.10.20. 06:13:07-kor
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
269. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 09:05:25
while your math does make sense, please remember that the final stats rewards were given based on (input se + ap) / (cost of stats w/o the specialization/ultraspec/-x% stats cost). so yes.. if you have 0 hunting skills, 0 ultraspec and no -x% stats cost item, you get more stats than you could have bought if you did normal hunts. problem is that there were ppl who had the mentioned skills/bonuses and for them the rewards were... meh at best. all in all.. counting in the -infection bonus (which is only a bonus if you're fighting the infection), the relics and few potions, rings + neckalces i guess i'm getting closer to the input se; but keep in mind that not all fights were wins, so there were some -2 ap ones..

i am also pixxed off because of the "randomness" of the relics. i got phase 1 relic after 75 wins (in phase 2), phase 2 relic after 5 wins, and no phase 3 relic... i also don't like that the stats from the Zarknod event count in the "Lady Alvariel's medallions" event. i was going for top 3 #of stats, but there's no way i'll get there now. w1 ppl didn't get the stats after the new event started and i guess w3 will finish the Zarknod event after the new one.
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
270. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 10:57:39 (Válasz D00ml0rd #266 hozzászólására.)
You start to get on my nerves with this. -____- Can't you just stop it? It's over. If the penalty will be changed or not - is the mistery of future.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
271. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 11:04:39 (Válasz Dakaan #267 hozzászólására.)
Thank you Dakaan. ^_^ *highfives*

I was also one of the developers of World of Bleach, head mod of Bleach-RPG.net, staff admin of Bleach Resurrection 2 and so on. If we help too much, they'll be bored as hell before the event ends.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
272. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 16:54:39 (Válasz Inv_ #269 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.10.20. 09:05:25
while your math does make sense, please remember that the final stats rewards were given based on (input se + ap) / (cost of stats w/o the specialization/ultraspec/-x% stats cost). so yes.. if you have 0 hunting skills, 0 ultraspec and no -x% stats cost item, you get more stats than you could have bought if you did normal hunts. problem is that there were ppl who had the mentioned skills/bonuses and for them the rewards were... meh at best. all in all.. counting in the -infection bonus (which is only a bonus if you're fighting the infection), the relics and few potions, rings + neckalces i guess i'm getting closer to the input se; but keep in mind that not all fights were wins, so there were some -2 ap ones..

Regarding the losses, I did factor those into my calc, I had about 15 losses for the 385 wins (400 total battles, 800 total AP spent). Yes, my percentage may be higher than the majority of other participants - but I am only looking at my numbers. I did factor SpecMan (Hunting) into my calculation, but not (Ultra)Specialization... So, with optimal use of UltraSpec L50, I guess the SE differential could be about even. But I still got the rest of the stuff out of the deal - however yes, that's also with a ~95% win ratio.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
273. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 17:24:13
Kethios, I wasn't complaining about the event (again). I just said that the rewards were not THAT great for someone who has max skills (hunting + ultraspec) stats wise. the -5% infection is always nice and also the relics/potions/dg stuff. I'd join the event again just for the infection tho; guess 30 wins would get me that.
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
274. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 20:03:44
hmm over all the event wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, but it still needed a bit more balancing. phase one went by slow and 2 and 3 went by way too fast. And then there was the relic drop rate. If you put a solid effort into it, you should have had a much more solid chance of getting a relic
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
275. hozzászólás - 2010.10.21. 04:48:24 (Válasz Inv_ #273 hozzászólására.)
Good to hear. I will participate too.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
276. hozzászólás - 2010.10.21. 04:49:30 (Válasz BabeTheOx #274 hozzászólására.)
Well, there is a +% to the random dropping rate after the number of gnomes killed. Maybe it shall be raised a bit.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
277. hozzászólás - 2010.11.10. 00:04:14
I wasnt sure where else to post, so this is the most familiar for me.

Is the Magic Absorber too powerful an item, when comparing it to other Magic Absorbtion items, most of which only have a tiny static bonus?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
278. hozzászólás - 2010.11.10. 02:27:21 (Válasz BabeTheOx #277 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: BabeTheOx - 2010.11.10. 00:04:14
I wasnt sure where else to post, so this is the most familiar for me.

Is the Magic Absorber too powerful an item, when comparing it to other Magic Absorbtion items, most of which only have a tiny static bonus?

Meh, not really. There are L50 characters doing 700-1200 points of magic damage... And the Magic Absorber blocks "only" the level worth (in this case, around 50). It's a big item for a L30 character / opponent, but as the game goes on, its impact will be minimized exponentially.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
279. hozzászólás - 2010.11.10. 04:16:47
are there any other items that stop that much damage?
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
280. hozzászólás - 2010.11.10. 04:52:00
As you progress you will get items with more and more absortion (both magical and normal).
But for normal absortion pets are the best, as for magic absortion as Viridel said when you are lvl 50 and deal 1000+ damage with spell that 50 damage less taken becouse of magic absorter is not much of an issue. While on lower levels it can sometimes be difference between a loss and a win (although I personally wouldn't fight when 20 dmg +/- can make that much difference)
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője