Szerző
Topic neve: Zarknod's awakening
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Zarknod's awakening
41. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 14:33:50
Say, is the relic dropping totally random?

I've killed 36 gnomes/elves till now; and still haven't found a single item. Be it potions or relic.
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.08.19. 20:13:32-kor
Pontszám: 5
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
42. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 21:16:30 (Válasz Kethios #40 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.08.19. 07:37:22
328 SE
1 HP / -45 SP
211 XP

This happened today morning.

I encountered this for the 3rd time so it can be reproduced and fixed. I charge a pylon with more SE than the minimum and suddenly I see a lost battle - but my charged SE is gone.

I checked my previous battles and there was 3 won and 1 lost. So there was 4 battle with one charge that the player can see. Also, with this happening my mana went into the minus. The second time there was only 1 won and 1 lost battles and I saw the lost battle again. Checked the previous ones and there is the unread description of the unseen won battle. Good in the bad - I got my first phase relic.

With the negative mana - and Zarknod's half mana regeneration it is a disadvantage for me. Hope admins will fix the bug.

Here are the battles with one charge:

Today, 09:30 Kethios Volcano Taszk Your opponent has won the battle. Battle description G

Today, 09:30 Kethios Volcano Taszk You have won the battle.
The reward is 703 soul-energy and 34 XP. Battle description G

Today, 09:30 Kethios Zan Toadlin You have won the battle.
The reward is 295 soul-energy and 34 XP. Battle description G

Today, 09:30 Kethios Storm Hiloki You have won the battle.
The reward is 228 soul-energy and 34 XP. Battle description

i scryed a player on w2 yesterday and he had (negative) 4000+ XP something along lines of
-4.633 / 5.698 XP
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.08.19. 21:17:55-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
43. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 22:17:16 (Válasz LydonB #41 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.19. 14:33:50

I've killed 36 gnomes/elves till now; and still haven't found a single item. Be it potions or relic.

Rotten... I'm at 68, and have pulled 3 Health, 4 Mana, and the Relic. That said, the potions are nothing to write home about (L20 potions).

What's your Luck at?
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
44. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 23:16:08 (Válasz Viridel #43 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.19. 22:17:16

Rotten... I'm at 68, and have pulled 3 Health, 4 Mana, and the Relic. That said, the potions are nothing to write home about (L20 potions).

What's your Luck at?

Luck's at 48.

What's yours and how many did you kill before you found the relic?

I've seen builders with a relic after 29 kills.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
45. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 23:48:44
My luck is 98 (32lvl) and I found relic at 3rd or 4th win, now I m on 14 wins (due to mixed up stats my win ratio is somewhere about 60-70%) and have found 2 mana potions. So I d say that luck is a factor or I just got lucky pun not intended)
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
46. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 00:53:47 (Válasz LydonB #44 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.08.19. 23:16:08
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.08.19. 22:17:16

What's your Luck at?

Luck's at 48.

What's yours and how many did you kill before you found the relic?

I've seen builders with a relic after 29 kills.

Luck 49, and I got it at around battle 25-30... But I got my first potion about 3-4 battles in... I thought I'd be swimming in the stuff
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.08.20. 00:54:44-kor
averageCezann
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Zarknod's awakening - comments
47. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 02:26:35 (Válasz Gemini #19 hozzászólására.)
Well, I'd be willing to bet you're higher level. It it was balanced for player level, we'd be seeing a more even distribution of player levels in the top slots, but they are all high level, and/or heavy duelists. Only two on either list are below 40th level, so where's the players in levels in the teens or twenties. Why open it to people even lower levels, if the sacrifice of their SE and APs doesn't give them a chance to achieve?

These events should be to spark, new interest in jaded players and encourage people to continue playing, and preferably spend their money on premium memberships and ancient stones. That means event should be fun to everyone and be memorable. Obviously in a text/resource management game you can't give players funny hats or drinking games, but for an event that now seems to be dragging along it seems a waste.

It's interfering with my charging my clan's soul well so it's seriously impeding my fun. How many others can't afford a penalty to finish charging for joining a clan? Even aside from that vague benefits, having an undetermined ending is more frustrating than exciting. Lower level characters can't have the trader skill maxed to help defeat a much higher opponent. They also don't have skills to boost AP generation or SE acquisition as a primary hunter or dueler.

I am envious of you people who have won most or all of your pylon charges, but I am only winning a third of my matches, even with some crash building instead of charging a soul well.

If the devs want to entice more players to start and continue the game, events, especially a long events need tangible benfit for people in the range of level 3 to 30. It's discouraging to see there is no chance of achievement and without wins against the goblins, little chance of relics, ranking on the table, or helping your hoard win. They really could do some simple things to test events to make sure they're balanced. Clone a handful players at every level, duelign heavy, and less aggressive, with a mix of equipment and see how many matches they win out of twenty. I'd wager there are very few wins below 20th level where some of the useful skills are becoming more common, even if not very high ranks. But 15th level players should be able to win too. I suspect these opponents are just clones of people higher in level, which by teh level 20's, means most of those cloned are more dedicated duelists. People less interested in dueling will keep dropping out, I think shown amply by the hugs mass who drop out before level 10.

Asie from testing lower levels against the AI more, my other idea is to reconsider how levels are rated. A duelist who has earned a heap more SE than a hunter, may be officially the same level. But a look at the people in the higher levels show that having heaps more to spend on stats/skills/equipment makes it a very uneven battle. Luck can only do so much. Those points are earned, but someone who's won thousands more duels is not really the same level. I'm not sure how it could be factored in, but even fictional characters like Batman occasionally get slugged by thugs.

Whatever is done something really should be, or some events should be built that lower powered characters can have some fun. I really don't like sitting back twiddling my thumbs until the event is over so I do what is more rewarding.
averagedoubleh
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
48. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 11:10:10
I did some 'events' duels when i was sapphire and then I switched to diamond. All my previous scores are gone... did I lose all of them? They won't count for the final scores?
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
49. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 21:17:09
I m really not sure what seems to be trouble with this event. I mean I fully understand the bad sides you bring but in my opinion there is just one downside in it; impact on players who don't want to participate together with their clans. If someone decides that the event is not worth it, he/she should not be punished with halved mana reg, nor the clans in general should feel the concequnces of it (slower SW filling).
About the charging pylons themselves there is quite an imbalance in lvl abilities that I can witness first handed as 32nd lvl on w1 and 9th on w2. There is no practical way for me to compete with higher lvl players which is kind of sad but it does not make the event useless, cause I can still grab the rewards from it.
About the winning ag gnomes/elves I win around 50% of my battles on lvl 8 with lvl 1 equipment (hunter) against lvl 13 enemies wich means it is really possible to do it within reasonable efford.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
50. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 03:32:51
it says stats are updated every 30 mins.

about an hour ago i put 80k in for the emeralds

stats before i put in

SE spent on pylon activation:

an hour later stats

SE spent on pylon activation:

the tables have updated but it dont look like the total SE spent is being updated, which to me is kind of important as getting that total amount left to zero is the object of the event.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
51. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 03:38:35
ok it updated lol

are u kidding me?

that total SE spent, has updated 2k only on at least 1 x 80k activation not to mention everyone elses activations?

that means to win that first stage based on those stats we all have to put in about 50 billion more SE

i understand the amount credits is based on a calc, its the SE Spent totals im enquiring about

I assumed that was the total SE BEFORE the calc surely it cant be half a million multiplied by .002257?

serious?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
52. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 07:05:37 (Válasz D00ml0rd #51 hozzászólására.)
If someone changes their horde right before the event ends, will he get the horde bonus, even if he was charging hte pylons as a different horde?
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
53. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 08:00:36 (Válasz stekkos #52 hozzászólására.)
huh? lol

dunno, i dunno anything about this event other than i bleieve to complete stage 1 the players on W2 will have to actiavte over 20 million SE into it.

i don t understand the point of dsirupting norm al game p lay to such an extent. I don t even think this world is capable of putting a combined 20 million into it and if stage 1 is 20 million how much for stage 2 3 and 4

the main problem with this event is that admin are tottaly negelcting to make any specific information avaialable, its only vagueness and im pretty sure if i had realised it was going to be suc h a high cost to each player i probably wouldn t have bothered spending a single SE

i only done so based on mods recommendation but after relaising today the sheer cost to the players of this i wish i had just stuck with gut feeling before i wasted anymore Se

20 million SE is way to much to take out of the game over an extended period of time and that 20 mil doesnt even factor in the aps it costs to do it all.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.08.22. 08:03:32-kor
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
54. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 13:34:42 (Válasz stekkos #52 hozzászólására.)
I'm not sure but I think you need to activate the minimum number of pylons right after you changed your orde to gain the rewards. It's like 10 if I'm correct.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
55. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 21:19:55
To anyone who still have problem killing the kobolds although having good equipment: read the combat description. You will see that if you duelled a couple times before, you will get the same penalty like when you duel 3 times or more in a row. So duel only twice before charging so you dont get a penalty to your stats!

Also I see the debate if it worth doing the event or not. I said the designers spent effort to make sure it worth it, you get stat increases, in ratio with the SE AND APs you spend on it. The potions, the pet xp and morale, the relics are just a bonus to this. Of course you can still choose not to do it - but as long as Zarknod has bad dream, his dreams has some unfortunate effects...
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
56. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 21:34:20
Miklos, any estimates on event completion time?

If not, how long did the event last on the Hungarian servers?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
57. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 08:36:34 (Válasz LydonB #56 hozzászólására.)
We had much more active users on the HUN servers so the time we woke up Zarknod would be irrelevant.

With the current base of players participating it will be like 3-4 more weeks I believe.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
58. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 13:42:01
Is it better to put minimum SE into activating pillars or more (is wins/SE ratio important somehow)?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
59. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 18:06:52 (Válasz Valkyrie #58 hozzászólására.)
It is a matter of which top ten you want to reach. Minimum se will give you more fights, but you loose more action points. More se saves up on action points, which helps you get even more se, but you stay low on the fights. So if you go for top ten in fights, minimum se. If you go for most se spend, just pile it and flush it all in big chunks at the pylon
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
60. hozzászólás - 2010.08.24. 07:40:53 (Válasz Miklos #55 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.08.22. 21:19:55
To anyone who still have problem killing the kobolds although having good equipment: read the combat description. You will see that if you duelled a couple times before, you will get the same penalty like when you duel 3 times or more in a row. So duel only twice before charging so you dont get a penalty to your stats!

Also I see the debate if it worth doing the event or not. I said the designers spent effort to make sure it worth it, you get stat increases, in ratio with the SE AND APs you spend on it. The potions, the pet xp and morale, the relics are just a bonus to this. Of course you can still choose not to do it - but as long as Zarknod has bad dream, his dreams has some unfortunate effects...

Wins are important when it comes to the final phase and the script sums your victories. There is a minimum victories needed to get the rewards.

Miklós said SE/AP ratio. If we are talking about AP it means fights. So fights/charged SE ratio=personal reward

I think there are 2 ways.

Minimum won battles against the gnomes/huge amounts of SE

or

Decent amount of won battles/a little above minimum SE per charge.

Personally I charge above the minimum every time and I battle alot.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!