Depends on exactly how it's implemented
Page: 12
Author
Name of topic: Factor in Googlability to the "specialized" evaluation
much likedstekkos

1356 post
View profile
Re: Factor in Googlability to the "specialized" evaluation
21. post - 2010.09.17. 12:09:14 (Reply to post #20 of ImLittleJon.)
Well i will ask the boss, see what she has to say
Score: 5
irritatingadonies

46 post
View profile
22. post - 2010.12.07. 10:11:33
I'm very sceptical on the issue of "googlability", as it only serves to help players get 'quick' answers (and not 100% correct) instead of adding a little tiny piece of trivia in their mental thesaurus. And only some effort in intelligent searching can do that.
much likedImLittleJon

395 post
View profile
23. post - 2010.12.07. 18:05:08 (Reply to post #22 of adonies.)
Quote: adonies - 2010.12.07. 10:11:33
I'm very sceptical on the issue of "googlability", as it only serves to help players get 'quick' answers (and not 100% correct) instead of adding a little tiny piece of trivia in their mental thesaurus. And only some effort in intelligent searching can do that.

As long as we're resurrecting this thread, what did the boss have to say last September, stekkos?
much likedstekkos

1356 post
View profile
24. post - 2010.12.10. 16:02:39 (Reply to post #23 of ImLittleJon.)
Ì think i had no reply on the issue. But i will ask again since a lot more yes has been added.
much likedHempImpFemale

17 post
View profile
25. post - 2011.02.24. 03:35:57
I think that factoring in Googleability must be done. How can it not be, when most of us use it to gain answers to things. I'll all up for a quick answer myself on Any Sports question (except for Hockey) because I couldn't care less. On the other hand, I frequently will google for an answer and then get wrapped up in learning about something I didn't know. Got my answer, and a whole lot more. It's ok with me if I have to do a little research, for heavens sake, I've got 5 whole minutes to answer a question. I can learn a lot in 5 minutes!
I would like to vote YES to factoring in Googleability. This was my last rejected question:

The song, My Way, was released as a single in 1973 by Elvis Presley. What song was on the flip side?

Jailhouse Rock
Blue Suede Shoes
America The Beautiful <--- correct answer
Heartbreak Hotel

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Seriously? The King of Rock? Not all who play this game are under 40, and there are so many music buffs in the world who still 'have sightings', not to mention Elvis influenced music internationally from then until eternity.
popularSbartMale

871 post
View profile
26. post - 2011.02.24. 10:56:18 (Reply to post #25 of HempImp.)
Quote: HempImp - 2011.02.24. 03:35:57
This was my last rejected question:

The song, My Way, was released as a single in 1973 by Elvis Presley. What song was on the flip side?

Jailhouse Rock
Blue Suede Shoes
America The Beautiful <--- correct answer
Heartbreak Hotel

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Seriously? The King of Rock? Not all who play this game are under 40, and there are so many music buffs in the world who still 'have sightings', not to mention Elvis influenced music internationally from then until eternity.

I can only agree with you that questions about Elvis should be allowed. But to ask what single was on the flip side of a particular single? That I agree is unreasonable for people to know.
much likedHempImpFemale

17 post
View profile
27. post - 2011.02.24. 18:23:59 (Reply to post #26 of Sbart.)
I feel like that is the point of trivia itself. To ferret out the oddball pieces of knowledge that you don't necessarily know. While I can't argue the unreasonability of such a piece of knowledge in one's head, I will argue that Googleability renders this fact not unreasonably difficult to find out, but I thank you for your insight and opinion Sbart.
Of course, I could have been lucky and googled just the right phrase or question...
averageD00ml0rdMale

520 post
View profile
28. post - 2011.02.24. 21:23:42
try this on google

Who has not played a werewolf in a movie?

Lon Chaney
Keifer Sutherland
Jack Nicholson
Scott Speedman

after u have gone thru each persons bios and about 300 movies you still cant find answer

Keifer sutherland is the answer but even he was in a vampire movie the lost boys, so not only do you have to go thru each movie title when u do find a related subject u have to go thru the cast to see what role they played

rediculous
averageRelgycandyFemale

3 post
View profile
29. post - 2013.01.30. 08:31:57
Looks like that, but i wouldnt call 13 votes a valid poll. Come on people!

[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/]wow gold[/url]|[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/Diablo-3-gold/]diablo 3 gold[/url]|[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/]wow gold kaufen[/url]|[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/Guild-Wars-2/]GW2 Gold[/url]
very populardigitalisMale

175 post
View profile
30. post - 2013.01.30. 12:54:39 (Reply to post #25 of HempImp.)
HempImp...I asked Elvis for the answer...he works down our local chip-shop....
This post was modified by digitalis at 2013.01.30. 20:17:07
Page: 12