Username: Password:
Page: 12
Author
Name of topic: Duel problem
popularStromboliMale

49 post
View profile
Duel problem
1. post - 2012.05.05. 15:57:24
I am trying to duel someone for the 5 draws quest. It has been more than 9 hours since I was last able to attack him (Geodor). My continuum diminution skill is low but it says that you can attack again after 8 hours. The person I am attacking has enough hit points (we have been messaging each other) so please can you explain why I can't attack? He can attack me.

Update: I managed to attack again after 10 hours. Any reason?
This post was modified by Stromboli at 2012.05.05. 16:42:36
Score: 5
very popularBartessica Slam

277 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
2. post - 2012.05.05. 17:21:39 (Reply to post #1 of Stromboli.)
Hi Stromboli,

several possible things:
1. not likely but; you were able to attack others? (eg. you were not at -80% or resting or invisable or in the cats?)
2. Possible but not very likely: Do both clans have a peace-treaty?
3. Most likely: If an opponent is attacked several times (by different players); than he/she won't be a target starting at 15% HP ... but it goes up (eg.25%); also there is a restriction (call it a "cool down" period) where you cannot attack a player; because "just attacked a couple of minutes ago".
I'm sure some of our "veteran-players" can put an exact "HP and time upon it...

Regards,
E.
Score: 7.50
popularSbartMale

871 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
3. post - 2012.05.05. 18:20:10 (Reply to post #2 of Bartessica Slam.)
Quote: Bartessica Slam - 2012.05.05. 17:21:39
Hi Stromboli,

3. Most likely: If an opponent is attacked several times (by different players); than he/she won't be a target starting at 15% HP ... but it goes up (eg.25%); also there is a restriction (call it a "cool down" period) where you cannot attack a player; because "just attacked a couple of minutes ago".


I do not think this is true. The % HP that you become an "available target" is dependant on the level difference between Target and Attacker.
However, there is a rule that says that if you are attacked to many times in a 3h window, you cannot be attacked (but you can attack).
Score: 5
popularStromboliMale

49 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
4. post - 2012.05.05. 19:13:28
Neither of us are invisible or in the catacombs and my dueling partner can attack me every hour. I have not had several attacks by other players either. I am however several levels above my partner (81v 75), if that makes a difference.
Score: 5
much likedLydonB

266 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
5. post - 2012.05.05. 19:18:38
Stromboli, I'm assuming this is for W1?

If so, what's the name of your clan?

You could have also went beyond the level difference range.
This post was modified by LydonB at 2012.05.05. 19:19:41
Score: 5
popularSbartMale

871 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
6. post - 2012.05.05. 19:22:24 (Reply to post #4 of Stromboli.)
"If you have fewer hit points than 15% of the maximum level, you cannot attack or be attacked and likewise you cannot attack those of low life. This applies to you (after reaching the 15% hp mark you can attack anyone). But you can only receive attacks from equal or less level characters. For every level higher than you, the attacker must wait extra 5%. So, at +1 level he can attack you when you are 20% hp, +2 25% etc"

So 81 vs 75 would mean that the lower level player needs (6*5+15)=45% HP for the higher level player to attack. Is that the problem?
Score: 5
popularStromboliMale

49 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
7. post - 2012.05.05. 19:31:21
Yes I think that must be the reason, Sbart. I hadn't seen that. I will try to attack again after 8 hours with my partner having much higher HP (i.e. above 45%) and see how it goes.

Thanks very much to all who have replied.
Score: 5
averagediabolik_023Male

13 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
8. post - 2012.05.26. 15:48:01
Gripping your weapon you initiate a a devastating blow. Dimos is wounded for 259 points. You drain soul-energy from your opponent! (+52 soul-energy) Khrak behemoth and Khrak behemoth are fighting by your side. From 1 attacks, 52 damage!
You regenerate 1 hit points.

In this battle you have dealt a total of 3900 damage and have taken 379 damage.
You have won the battle, your reward is 7996 soul-energy and 34 XP!


WORLD 2 : after duel i see the 7996 SE in my character sheet !!! , so , i go to my next attack

You take all your strength into the hit as you are swooping with your adamantite runic trident. Cpt38 is wounded for 585 points. Critical damage! You drain soul-energy from your opponent! (+123 soul-energy) Your opponent's spikes damage you for 6 hit points. Khrak behemoth and Khrak behemoth attacks with a snarl. From 2 attacks, 181 damage!
You regenerate 1 hit points.

In this battle you have dealt a total of 2831 damage and have taken 230 damage.
You have won the battle, your reward is 305 soul-energy and 12 XP!


the 7996 SE is GONE !!!
if i think about it, is not the first time this crap happened !
Score: 5
much likedLydonB

266 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
9. post - 2012.05.26. 19:17:21
Does your opponent possess the scarab relic?
Score: 5
averagediabolik_023Male

13 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
10. post - 2012.05.26. 19:41:29 (Reply to post #9 of LydonB.)
Quote: LydonB - 2012.05.26. 19:17:21
Does your opponent possess the scarab relic?

NO. Also, the Torture chamber was FULL for a long time, so the scarab should NOT affect me !
Score: 5
averagediabolik_023Male

13 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
11. post - 2012.05.30. 18:04:12
so no help at all... very fu*king nice

Score: 5
much likedBabeTheOxMale

125 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
12. post - 2013.01.17. 00:56:22
I am wondering about the Torture Chamber. Can you put someone into the TC using a subplasma? I have noticed that it does not, but sometimes i wonder if maybe it did. Mostly it does not though.. i spend security essence just now to hit all the scarab players and no go
Score: 5
much likedMiklosMale
Administrator
1145 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
13. post - 2013.01.17. 13:52:07
You can put into the torture chamber with subvplasma someone who is lower level than you.
Score: 5
popularSbartMale

871 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
14. post - 2013.01.17. 14:24:29 (Reply to post #13 of Miklos.)
I am very sure that I did a battle with a lower level DL (using a sup-plasma) and there was no message at the end of the battle that I dragged him into the Torture chamber.
Score: 5
popularKalannMale

139 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
15. post - 2013.01.18. 00:04:53 (Reply to post #14 of Sbart.)
Same here, attacked with sub and no TC.
http://www.doomlord.net/index.php?m=csataleiras&csata=3572702
W1 - Kalann
W2 - Azanael
W3 - Haakon
Score: 5
much likedBabeTheOxMale

125 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
16. post - 2013.01.18. 04:53:53
i have confirmed as well... perhaps it does not work with people who have scarab? hurry and look into that since scarabs suck so bad already, they don't need an additional ability
Score: 5
much likedHatsepsutFemale
Administrator
131 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
17. post - 2013.01.18. 08:31:56 (Reply to post #16 of BabeTheOx.)
Yes, unfortunately you cannot drag a much lower level character with a scarab into the torture chamber.
We may reconsider that after using security essence you should be able to do it, but it's programming work so it can take some time.
This post was modified by Hatsepsut at 2013.01.18. 08:32:47
Score: 5
much likedBabeTheOxMale

125 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
18. post - 2013.02.14. 02:14:48
anyone know exaclty how the randomizer works for duels??? i have over 200 more iq and close to 100 more luck and still lose out on spell battles often enough vs 1 player and i am not the only one noticing this
Score: 5
popularSbartMale

871 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
19. post - 2013.02.14. 10:32:31 (Reply to post #18 of BabeTheOx.)
Quote: BabeTheOx - 2013.02.14. 02:14:48
anyone know exaclty how the randomizer works for duels??? i have over 200 more iq and close to 100 more luck and still lose out on spell battles often enough vs 1 player and i am not the only one noticing this


If I remember correctly there is always a chance to Hit/Miss, independently of how much higher your IQ/Luck is (5 or 10% perhaps?).
But if it is specifically against one player, then maybe there is something else going on. Have you submitted it as a Bug report? If you do, it would probably help to include some data (#times you hit vs how many time your opponent hits, for example).

But do note that "Beholder random" was a term thrown around on these forums a year or so ago, in a very sarcastic way since the general opinion was that the random number generator is not that...random.
Score: 5
much likedMiklosMale
Administrator
1145 post
View profile
Re: Duel problem
20. post - 2013.02.16. 21:50:58
Random is as random as is possible, trust me...

Spells work this way:
If your IQ is equal, you have a 50% chance to hit fully, and 50% to deal only reduced damage. Each difference in IQ increases your chance by approx. 1%. The maximum chance for success is 80%. The minimum chance is 20%. So even if your IQ is 300, and your opponents is 20, once out of every 5 battles your spell will miss.
Luck affects only these minimum and maximum chances. If your luck is higher than your opponent, your maximum chance to hit can go up to 90% instead of 80%. If lower, it can go as low as 70%. Same for minimum hit chance, luck difference can modify it down to 10% and up to 30%.
So if your IQ is about equal, luck does nothing. But if your IQ is much higher, and your luck is much lower, you will miss 30% of the time. So your best bet is have both a higher IQ and luck than your opponent.
I hope that helped!
Score: 5
Page: 12