Szerző
Topic neve: War of the Hucksters
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
War of the Hucksters
1. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 12:07:33
Why was the published finish date for the event ignored and extended?

From what i understand this was because " Many players were complaining that they do not have enough targets and cannot finish the event in time."
Many players have reached their required targets, and why is it arbitrary that each player qualifys for a Gold reward anyway? makes a mockery of an event if you are simply going to run it until everyone qualifies?
Maybe this is because the developers are making money from people like myself that had bought stones for this event, so want to squeeze a little more out of everyone?

Does this mean that in future events, i can request more time if i want it?

When was this decision taken?
Why was there no official notice issued to the players?

This is not the first time this has happened, but is probably the last that i put my hand in my pocket for the game.
Pontszám: 5
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: War of the Hucksters
2. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 16:55:49
Because high level players dont have the option to attack enough players to get the gold reward even if they have enough DP's to do so. If they were to add a whole bunch of high level crystal guys it woudl be unfair becasue no one else could attack them.
Either way, who cares. Did you lose first place now or something? bummer.
Pontszám: 3
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2012.08.09. 22:27:22
I understand the reasons, but my main grievence is still the fact that in a customer/player driven enviroment, if a timescale is set for an event and then changed at the last moment, surely the paying customer deserves some notification/explanation?
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2012.08.16. 11:41:45 (Válasz Trackur #2 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Trackur - 2012.08.09. 16:55:49
Because high level players dont have the option to attack enough players to get the gold reward even if they have enough DP's to do so. If they were to add a whole bunch of high level crystal guys it woudl be unfair becasue no one else could attack them.
Either way, who cares. Did you lose first place now or something? bummer.

From what i have seen there are plenty of high level players that have more than exceeded the targets, and had done so by the original finish date.
popularKalannFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
139 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2012.08.16. 14:28:36 (Válasz Dancer #4 hozzászólására.)
In fact, at low levels it was pretty sad.
At level 35-37, I had 6-8 viable targets, which makes for a very lousy killing without pumping ASs to get the continuum diminution relic (which I did), or training the skill itself to a high level (pretty rare when you're level 35).

This was with a 15DP setting ~ and I didn't run out of DPs, ever. I did manage to get my 400 kills in, but that's only because I'm pretty strong in my level bracket.
W1 - Kalann
W2 - Azanael
W3 - Haakon
everyone's favoriteStorm Firebane
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2012.08.16. 21:14:19
I would indeed asume its bad at low levels, less players due to a smaller level bracket you can attack.

for high level players it should not be such a problem at all, with a 10 level or more level bracket to attack.

Extending an event should not be used to compromise for the real problem, which is not enough spread in player levels.

the number of victories should be depending on number of players in your duel bracket, hucksters should either be assigned without choice (who cares, prize is not dependant on huckster chosen, like at the map)and no switching at all.

also, if there are 3 types of prizes, the top 25% of a bracket should get a gold reward, then 25% a silver one, 25% a bornze one and 25% none at all. If ye cannot win a fight, dont go to a war
averageLong123Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2015.09.04. 05:35:47
At level 35-37, I had 6-8 viable targets, which makes for a very lousy killing without pumping ASs to get the continuum diminution relic (which I did), or training the skill itself to a high level (pretty rare when you're level 35).HDC S5
Oldal: 1
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője