Szerző
Topic neve: Strategies
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Strategies
1. hozzászólás - 2009.07.15. 22:21:36
Some words about strategies, based on testing information. Spoiler alert! If you like experimenting stop reading now.

The ability focuser: The essence of this strategy is not to buy any items initially but to spend all the SE on increasing skills, as all items need to be replaced sooner or later. They only buy items if it means a huge advancement.
Disadvantage: you will actually save some SE but will lose more battles, since by buying items you can get higher ability scores using the same amount of SE and if you lose battles you will not get as many experience points.

The aggressive dueller (a.k.a. "spider"): Be as powerful compared to your level as possible. Less hunt, more duels: get as much SE from duels as possible via the skills creative affinity and execution. Increase abilities and pet level a lot before starting to level.
Disadvantage: the spider is usually out of the real competition, because falls back in level advancement, but at least will be able to beat the lower level players easily.

The builder: Joins a clan immediately and spends all SE on building so no one will be able to steal from him and he will also almost always lose. Of course this strategy also has its tricks. Building increases luck, which gives you more SE when hunting, because you will have a better chance of attacking a bigger monster. Additionally, he will have more treasure points in epic battles. Also he will not be attacked as often and will get a lot of benefits from buildings.
Disadvantage: Don’t forget that the clan gives only indirect support for your character and the strength of your clan relies on how much others invest in it. You can build as much as you want if the others don’t care about the clan.

The optimizer: they play in a most bizarre way, not like a real Doomlord would... Their only purpose is to maximise the use of SE and everything else is secondary. They deliberately get beaten, down to 1 HP, so that they can gather SE, increase their abilities so they will always have little SE and when hitting level 4, immediately focus on skills that increase the flow of soul energy, ignoring other skills abilities and equipment.
Disadvantage: The optimizer will bit the dust quite a lot initially and won’t be in the top ten for a while, but if he is capable, will dominate others eventually.

Of course most players use a mix of these strategies, but it is worth building up, defining and following a clear strategy.
A hozzászólást Endyr módosította 2009.07.16. 11:51:29-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
much likedArs.kraxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Strategies
2. hozzászólás - 2009.07.31. 11:37:54
Basic strategies are precisely the ones described by Miklos above.
However there are very few players who specialize themselves in just one of the strategies. Players usually combine them or use them in a follow-up sequence.
The most notable ones,with some commentary from me:
The Builder: as Miklos described a builder character does nothing but builds. He/she does it by improving nothing but some skills and only one attribute. The must to have skills for a builder are Building at Learning level 22 and Mana construction at Learning level 48 (Academy level 9 is neccessary in order to rise Learning level to 48). Because of Mana construction,the only attribute a Builder develops constantly is Magic as it determines the maximum of Spell points.
As a professional Builder will be too weak to win duels it is important to develop skills which influence the SoulEnergy income from Hunts.
Another important note for players: there are very few "professional" Builders in the game as they can and do create imbalance. There are strategies that can be combined with great quantities of building, however constant building and just building is good for nothing. A builder only empowers other players in his/her Clan,who do nothing for their own development,yet they will be more powerful than other players whose clans don't have Builders. For this reason,nearly every player hates "professional" Builders. Their ingame nickname is at least servant but usually something more offending.
Although Builders are hated in nearly every corner of the server,it is important to note,that building great quantities in the beggining of the game usually makes the difference between a top and a non-top Clan. Buildings affect all members of a Clan,thus they are great buffs and they are very important even in the beggining of the game.
Summarizing: there is nothing wrong with Building great quantities if the player will start playing after building and doesn't remain a servant!!!
Builder-optimizer: As mentioned above,there is nothing wrong with building more than others,until one develops him/herself.
This kind of the optimizer builds relatively much in the beggining. His/her reason is simple: Luck
Nobody,apart from makers of the game, knows how luck exactly works,however various things are known from this ability. The most important for optimizers is that Luck influences the prefix of the monsters encountered during hunts. If a character has high Luck,it is more likely that he/she will encounter monsters with positive prefixes (greater,gigantic etc) more often.
I will write from luck and about optimizing in another post !
Summarizing: a Builder-optimizer does nearly the same as an optimizer- with higher Luck attribute of course

As for mixing of strategies: an optimizer will be a Hunter character but he/she will be one of the most aggressive duellers in most cases.
the change of behaviour is something depending of the optimizer's style. It's more radical if a hardcore optimizer starts duelling.
For instance: If a character plays the hardcore way, he/she does nothing but improves his/her skills from Level 4. Every Soul Energy is spent for the skills. No attributes nor equipment. He/she is a target for every player,everybody wins duels against him/her.
Than he/she is satisfied with his/her skills and starts to develop attributes. The character reaches a high sum of attribute points in a short period of time,thanks to his/her skills. Yet he/she is still the target of everybody.
And than comes a day,when the optimizer buys equipment from (much) higher levels. The day of judgement is near: the optimizer will start duelling and will win in most of the cases.
World 1- Nihilus Krax of the Emerald Dragons

And so begins,the test of the Doomed. Just take your place beside me. Me... Lord Nihilus, lord of destiny and Ruler of Nothingness...
Pontszám: 8.33
averageHuljo
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.01.22. 09:57:23
i want to be pure warior, what you recomend for me?
Pontszám: 5
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.01.22. 12:06:52 (Válasz Huljo #3 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Huljo - 2010.01.22. 09:57:23
i want to be pure warior, what you recomend for me?

You should concentrate on Attack and Strength, and, when available, the critical hit skill. But don't forget, the higher an ability, the more expensive to improve it. So even if you focus on being a "warrior", when attack becomes expensive, you should increase other stats as well.
averageethereal28Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 11:10:16
Can I ask if what is the purposed of the strength attribute? I cant find any information about any of the attributes..
If you want to succeed make no regrets of conquering your obstacle..
averageethereal28Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 11:13:02
And what is the difference in the SE of duel and SE of Hunts,.. Sorry for too many questions..
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 13:37:17 (Válasz ethereal28 #5 hozzászólására.)
you can find information HERE
averageethereal28Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.02.19. 20:40:52 (Válasz Pogaxa #7 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.02.19. 13:37:17
you can find information Here

thanks mate!
irritatingOwainFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 12:05:55
The equipment rapidly becomes far more expensive than one can afford from the proceeds of a single hunting session. How can one save up for several days without losing most of one's savings to predatory duellists. Can one pay for equipment by installments?
Pontszám: 7.50
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 12:44:42
You can go invisible if theres no other way. But if your character can be beaten even when it's invisible, you should start it again, soz.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 18:49:10 (Válasz Owain #9 hozzászólására.)
You can also use the Quests rewards to buy or to add SE to your stash ( i usualy do a quest and don"t colect until I am ready to buy what i want this way I can keep the SE safe ).

Also Rewards from Questions can help you add some SE to your stash ....

In the end I bet that one day of hunting with a reward from a quest and maybe a question can buy any item from your level ....
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 12:03:08 (Válasz Owain #9 hozzászólására.)
That's why you have to train all the SE gatherer skills. Spectral manipulation, Elementary fusion for more AP and shorter hunt etc. If you max out the spectral, you'll get 100% more SE from every single hunted creature. Also, if you are in a clan, there is a building that lowers the soul huckster's prices. Palace.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.03.13. 00:31:20
And there's a skill which lovers the amount of SE you can lose. I can't remember it's name, especially in english..
A hozzászólást Gamer módosította 2010.03.13. 09:45:56-kor
much likedtrouble
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 10:39:46
trancednal projection
likedGamerNő
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 12:02:19
Thx, so that's it. Don't use it though, especially in wold 2. It kills all the fun. ~~
averagelordruffFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 02:03:55
Quest--- Why is there not any where on the forums to help with quest?
How do you execute an opponant?
Lord Ruff of the Emerald Domination Clan
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 05:33:32 (Válasz lordruff #16 hozzászólására.)
Go to help section of the forum. No specific topic is needed, just ask there next time Executing an opponent requires the execution skill found at learning level 15. It goes like this:

Execution
If your opponent has less hit points at the end of battle than your execution level multiplied by 5, you will win the battle without reference to the damage caused. If both player would be able use execution, than the winner is the one with the higher skill. If you execute your opponent, the SE you gain is also increased, in ratio with the difference of your execution skill.

This means to execute an opponent when your execution level is 10, he has to drop below 50hp during your duel. If he does, you win, even if he does more damage to you at the end of the duel!
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 18:48:43 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2009.07.15. 22:21:36
The optimizer: they play in a most bizarre way, not like a real Doomlord would... Their only purpose is to maximise the use of SE and everything else is secondary. They deliberately get beaten, down to 1 HP, so that they can gather SE, increase their abilities so they will always have little SE and when hitting level 4, immediately focus on skills that increase the flow of soul energy, ignoring other skills abilities and equipment.
Disadvantage: The optimizer will bit the dust quite a lot initially and won’t be in the top ten for a while, but if he is capable, will dominate others eventually.

Of course most players use a mix of these strategies, but it is worth building up, defining and following a clear strategy.

Ha ha... Just read this... I love how I play the game in "a most bizarre way" (and yes, I still make a point of getting "killed" before I go on a massive Hunt Blitz)!!! Explains why I have the most Duel losses so far, but the 2nd most Skills. As for "dominating eventually", I guess we'll see!
Pontszám: 5.33
public enemytbolo
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2010.07.16. 14:32:47
Look's like this might be the place to post this question , a lot of admin here and is a simple strategy question that hopefully can be answered .

This question was asked before and not answered , we would like some help with this or is it some kind of secret or something that can't be told ?

" When someone is in the torture chamber, do you get his won SE from duels only, or from hunting as well? I would like to hear from the coders on this one (of from someone with inside info )

Also, does all SE from that day count, or is it just from the point of dragging?" , and what time of day does the tortured person stop giving SE ? , I've noticed that you don't receive the SE until 4 hours after the game clock reset's .
very popularMatdavFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2010.07.16. 16:35:19 (Válasz tbolo #19 hozzászólására.)
" When someone is in the torture chamber, do you get his won SE from duels only, or from hunting as well? I would like to hear from the coders on this one (of from someone with inside info )"

You get the SE from every activity he does (duel, hunt, pet squeezing etc.). It is 1% of what the tortured got that day.

"Also, does all SE from that day count, or is it just from the point of dragging?"

It counts from the very first dragging of that day. If someone drags you very early, then the others, who drags you later will also get the same amount of SE after your actions.

"and what time of day does the tortured person stop giving SE ? , I've noticed that you don't receive the SE until 4 hours after the game clock reset's"

Thats it, when the chamber resets (at 4 a.m.) and you get the SE after one day's actions.

I hope it was clear.
W1 - Spellcaster - (inactive)
W2 - Jonny Fairplay
W4 - Architect

Hungarian V1 - Matko - (inactive)
Oldal: 12
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője