Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz reporting system
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Quiz reporting system
1. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 20:40:54
Because we have a system that allows us to write our own question it seem fair to have a similar one that will let us report bad ones.
I have seen allot of bad questions: some badly written, some with a wrong answer marked as good, some that don't make any sense, some that require special knowledge and the examples go on.

I tried to find a good solution and this is the best i can come up with:
A log page where we can see the last, let's say, 20 question since 20 is the maximum number of Hunts we can do at once, and a reporting system.
This way we can see the question we answered and if we find a wrong question we can report it and if it was marked as good by mistake it can be removed.
Pontszám: 8.33
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz reporting system
2. hozzászólás - 2010.04.02. 18:02:17 (Válasz Dakaan #1 hozzászólására.)
I sent this straight to the guy running the game, and not surprisingly, have not heard back:

It should simply be that NO question should be kicked out for being "too specific". But after 10 answers, if 3 or fewer got it right (less than 40%), then it goes to Moderation to determine if it's a fair/reasonable question; and it should be auto-kicked if it's less than 40% accuracy after 50 answers.

The first moderation should only verify the accuracy of the answer and FIX any spelling & grammar errors. That way nobody can get mad (or wonder why) their question got kicked, and if it gets removed later, it's because the user-base of Doomlords said it was too difficult. And really, regardless of the Moderator opinion, the only people who matter are the users - the current system simply does not represent that.

Also, Quiz Olympics questions should only be taken from the pool of 50+ answers. There is nothing more frustrating than the game having wrong (or impossible to find) answers in the Quiz Olympics.

No SE would be given until the question has passed the 10-answer test (and it should be increased to 3x to compensate for the time), and we should not be blocked from posting another question while the previous one is under "peer-review".

Ultimately the "hunt quiz" will get more difficult as there WILL be more obscure questions... But ultimately, I don't think anyone will care as much about the several SE lost on the Hunt Bonus when it means that the Quiz Olympics don't have any debatable questions, and that nobody will have to worry about (and get mad when) their questions are rejected for no legitimate reason other than a Mod not liking it. There won't be any point in complaining about a question, as it'll get kicked after 10 answers if it is too difficult!

This would solve ALL complaints (except where the Mod doesn't verify the correct answer), ultimately lessen the workload for the Mods, and the users of the game can dictate when a question is too "specific".

Now, the guy(s) running the game have come right out and told me that they don't monitor the Forums, and they have "lesser admins" for that. This saddens me greatly, as how are the creators of the game supposed to know what us users are thinking if they don't review the Forum, and actually SEE the problems that exist???

As such, if you agree with the above concept, I would suggest you copy it, add your thoughts, and e-mail it to info@doomlord.net

Maybe if they get people e-mailing them directly, something productive may come of it. the Forum clearly isn't the answer for change.
Pontszám: 5.33
everyone's favoriteMikeyboy52
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.07.10. 05:51:27
There should be a quiz reporting system (That is user based) but it shouldn't be automatic, more like if X number of users find Y question bad withing Z time, than a mod should look over it. With a few bots and a good amount of user activity, it would (should) work.
Pontszám: 7.50
everyone's favoritePhaedrus
Végzetúr poronty
40 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.10.03. 13:45:58
Chickens are raised to lay eggs all around the world. On average, how many eggs does a single rooster lay in a day?
none

this question is a duplicate
Pontszám: 5
averageZaohua768Nő
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.10.20. 01:35:10 (Válasz Dakaan #1 hozzászólására.)
The first moderation should only verify the accuracy of the answer and FIX any spelling & grammar errors. That way nobody can get mad (or wonder why) their question got kicked, and if it gets removed later, it's because the user-base of Doomlords said it was too difficult. And really, regardless of the Moderator opinion, the only people who matter are the users - the current system simply does not represent that.

Also, Quiz Olympics questions should only be taken from the pool of 50+ answers. There is nothing more frustrating than the game having wrong (or impossible to find) answers in the Quiz Olympics.

No SE would be given until the question has passed the 10-answer test (and it should be increased to 3x to compensate for the time), and we should not be blocked from posting another question while the previous one is under "peer-review".

Ultimately the "hunt quiz" will get more difficult as there WILL be more obscure questions... But ultimately, I don't think anyone will care as much about the several SE lost on the Hunt Bonus when it means that the Quiz Olympics don't have any debatable questions, and that nobody will have to worry about (and get mad when) their questions are rejected for no legitimate reason other than a Mod not liking it. There won't be any point in complaining about a question, as it'll get kicked after 10 answers if it is too difficult!

everyone's favoriteNaho
Végzetúr poronty
37 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2014.06.13. 23:24:34
Old story! Quiz questions are do out of date.
1. Evaluations takes too long,
2. Insult to those who research to make questions.
3. Categorization is limited.

I play this game to improve my English but the Legends, questions and the events are not improving and so localized and silly unmanly cases it just makes the game so boring.

Please get rid of the questions or award medals for contribution properly, I think this was a great idea at first but now a pain unless the market is for 12 years old and younger who may feel the same thing.
A hozzászólást Naho módosította 2014.06.13. 23:33:35-kor
averageLong123Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2015.08.21. 07:12:05
Now, the guy(s) running the game have come right out and told me that they don't monitor the Forums
averageDurant1234Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2015.12.24. 09:12:33
A hozzászólást Durant1234 módosította 2015.12.24. 09:12:44-kor
Oldal: 1
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!