Szerző
Topic neve: Adventures
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Adventures
1. hozzászólás - 2010.11.10. 12:13:02
Where can I find information on Adventures?

I tried to write one twice today and each time when I hit the submit button I was returned to the home page and had to log in again! So whats up with that? It took me a long time and many more brain cells then I have to write all that stuff.

Whatever, Thanks
Pontszám: 5
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Adventures
2. hozzászólás - 2010.11.11. 14:08:46
Did you have enough crystal points needed to submit the adventure in question?

Afaik, you need 10 crystals per challenge.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.11.12. 00:34:35 (Válasz LydonB #2 hozzászólására.)
Yes, I have around 500 or so...

It's weird same thing happened today. I began written a forum post and in the middle was called away for an hour or two. I left the computer on with the page open and when I got back I finish the post and pressed send or whatever and ... BOOT, out to the Doomlord Front Page, had to log back in and go to the forums (Clan) and just like the adventure ... nothing there!!!

Who knows maybe there's a typing timer or something silly lick that or maybe its my computer or maybe ...
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.11.12. 01:05:34 (Válasz Hexonx #3 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hexonx - 2010.11.12. 00:34:35
Yes, I have around 500 or so...

It's weird same thing happened today. I began written a forum post and in the middle was called away for an hour or two. I left the computer on with the page open and when I got back I finish the post and pressed send or whatever and ... BOOT, out to the Doomlord Front Page, had to log back in and go to the forums (Clan) and just like the adventure ... nothing there!!!

Who knows maybe there's a typing timer or something silly lick that or maybe its my computer or maybe ...

Like 99% of all user-driven-activity sites, there is a timeout limit. Webbanking is usually 15 minutes, chatrooms range from 10 minutes to an hour, Doomlord is 2 hours.

Write the adventure in Word/Text, then just copy & paste them into the text boxes. That way you can't time out, and you can do a spell check.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.11.12. 05:48:06 (Válasz Viridel #4 hozzászólására.)
FYI, if you open a second forum page without touching the timeout one, it will log you in on both so you can keep going from where you left. But the spell checking facility makes Viridels suggestion a safer and better one
averageYuggoth
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 11:40:44
Hi! What do we have from writing the adventure? I spent crystals and time to write a good one (and it has good score - eight).
I'm not complaining, I did it t see how it works, but I'm interested what would make me write another one.
A hozzászólást Yuggoth módosította 2010.12.02. 11:41:06-kor
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.12.02. 17:28:10
You should get soul diamonds? It's another way to get soul diamonds which are otherwise fairly hard to come by.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
averageYuggoth
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 01:01:33
To be honest. I didn't notice. I though it will be somehow connected with scoring. And why no any message that adventure has pass and how much did I get? Why do we give grades at all?
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.12.03. 02:24:32
Grades are useless mostly, my guess is that really low scored ones get kicked out eventually.

When your adventure was accepted it triggered the event button. There should be written what was your reward as well.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2011.05.17. 21:50:28
I am feeling "robbed". Just got my adventure approved and this was the reward:
Today, 23:18 The adventure you submitted was approved by the admin (+54 soul diamond, +4 burnt-out ancient stone).
But...
It cost 40 Crystal Points to send the adventure for approval (not to mention the time spent and the creative effort ). Well, with 40 Crystal Points, I could have completed 4 ou 5 advetures, which would have granted me more than 200 SDs. I was expecting to receive at least 10x the CPs spent, i.e., at least 400 SD.
Quite a bummer...

Cruel.
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2011.09.20. 11:58:28
Hi,

I wrote an adventure “Rescue your Pride” … so far nothing special.
Till 1 of our clan members got this adventure and passed it.
Now; I did incorporate the following:
#NAME#
#HORDE#
#COMMANDER#
But the players name, (his/her) horde and (his/her) commander does not appears, only the above “#Name#, ..”.
Perhaps (most probably), I misunderstood how this is working… so hereby 3 questions:
1. How must I write it so eg. a player his name pops up into the text?
2. Can an Admin send it back (though it is approved)?
3. … or can an Admin correct this?
Thanks for your Reply;
E.
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2011.09.20. 12:19:04 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #11 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Bartessica Slam - 2011.09.20. 11:58:28
Hi,

I did incorporate the following:
#NAME#
#HORDE#
#COMMANDER#
But the players name, (his/her) horde and (his/her) commander does not appears, only the above “#Name#, ..”.

If you used the commands as you have cited them, this should be the reason. At the Write an adventure page the following format is recommended:

Commands (text in parenthesis which would be displayed to your character):
##NAME (Eukar)
##HORDE (Emerald Horde)
##COMMANDER (Magirox)
Pontszám: 7
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2011.09.20. 12:28:11 (Válasz eukar #12 hozzászólására.)
Hi Eukar,

thanks, ...
now I can't but hope someone of the DL-admins will send it back or change it ... looks with puppy eyes to the first Admin who is passing by.

E.
much likedVyasaFérfi
Global Moderátor
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2011.12.02. 12:27:58
Idézet: Mosquito665 - 2011.12.01. 22:02:39
i looked around but couldn't find a topic on this subject. so i thought i open one to share some experiences concerning the adventures.

i just had my first adventure approved. i need to tell u how disappointed i was when i got the reward. first of all writing the adventure cost me 51 soul crystals. it took about a week to get it approved. the reward was 51 soul diamonds and 5 boas. seeing the reward i thought i will not write any more adventures as it does not worth it. what i mean is: i have completed 45 adventures so far. adventures have 3-8 tests, so an average of 5. it means (on my level) i get average 50 soul diamonds per adventure. the most soul crystals i have used for an adventure was 19, but usually it is under 10. so if i just do the adventures i use (let's count with the maximum) 19 soul crystals and receive average 50 soul diamonds, but if i write an adventure i use 51 soul crystals and receive 51 soul diamonds. and the extra 5 boas is not so tempting either, coz: the difference between doing and writing adventures is at least 30 soul crystals. 30 soul crystals if u are really good and win all challenges are come from 15 challenges (average of 2 / 1 challenge).
so if i spend the 15 duel points on duels instead of challenges i get se and also i have a chance to steal boas.

maybe on higher level it is different, but around level 40 writing adventures is a waste of time and sources.

correct me pls if my maths went wrong somewhere.

We have this topic about adventures, so the newer was deleted (in cases like this you can search in topic titles too).

Adventure writing is a part of the game where you can be creative. You can create a story with exciting characters, places, tasks and of course insert skill/ability tests, potion using, battles or quiz questions. I think, above the rewards this is an important aspect for the players who often write adventures.
About rewards: if you put lesser test in adventure, it costs lesser crystal point, usually the adventure text is the essential.
Pontszám: 3
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2011.12.02. 13:05:36 (Válasz Vyasa #14 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Vyasa - 2011.12.02. 12:27:58
Idézet: Mosquito665 - 2011.12.01. 22:02:39
i looked around but couldn't find a topic on this subject. so i thought i open one to share some experiences concerning the adventures.

i just had my first adventure approved. i need to tell u how disappointed i was when i got the reward. first of all writing the adventure cost me 51 soul crystals. it took about a week to get it approved. the reward was 51 soul diamonds and 5 boas. seeing the reward i thought i will not write any more adventures as it does not worth it. what i mean is: i have completed 45 adventures so far. adventures have 3-8 tests, so an average of 5. it means (on my level) i get average 50 soul diamonds per adventure. the most soul crystals i have used for an adventure was 19, but usually it is under 10. so if i just do the adventures i use (let's count with the maximum) 19 soul crystals and receive average 50 soul diamonds, but if i write an adventure i use 51 soul crystals and receive 51 soul diamonds. and the extra 5 boas is not so tempting either, coz: the difference between doing and writing adventures is at least 30 soul crystals. 30 soul crystals if u are really good and win all challenges are come from 15 challenges (average of 2 / 1 challenge).
so if i spend the 15 duel points on duels instead of challenges i get se and also i have a chance to steal boas.

maybe on higher level it is different, but around level 40 writing adventures is a waste of time and sources.

correct me pls if my maths went wrong somewhere.

We have this topic about adventures, so the newer was deleted (in cases like this you can search in topic titles too).

Adventure writing is a part of the game where you can be creative. You can create a story with exciting characters, places, tasks and of course insert skill/ability tests, potion using, battles or quiz questions. I think, above the rewards this is an important aspect for the players who often write adventures.
About rewards: if you put lesser test in adventure, it costs lesser crystal point, usually the adventure text is the essential.

you are just being funny here
so if i put less tests in an adventure it costs me less soul crystal. true true. but at the same time i get less soul diamonds as a reward. "you receive soul diamonds, the number depending on your level and the number of tests"

you could throw up something like Adventurer medal for every 5 accepted adventure a person wrote. (it could give a little bonus or something) but medals are a lot more encouraging things for me, even if i lose on soul crystals. i bet a lot more people would try to submit adventures.
everyone's favoritebaggybag
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2011.12.02. 15:45:44
i second that.

i wrote about 3 adventures, and i wrote them only for BOAS. it is not an easy thing to do, plus the control time is too long (same thing happened to me, had to wait for 5-6 days or something).
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2011.12.31. 16:13:28
"deep well" adventure with 2 tests? it takes weeks to evaluate an adventure and still... i think there is a significant difference between 2 and 3. the quality here seems to go down...
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2012.01.06. 16:41:07
"Stone hut" yet another 2 test adventure. what takes 2 weeks to evaluate an adventure, when the evaluator cant even count to 3?????
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2012.01.06. 20:28:40
I believe both those adventures (Stone hut and Deep well) are very old adventures, and when the Adventures were released the limit was two (2) tests, not three (3) like it is now.

So I don't think it is a mistake by the evaluators, even though one could ask if the adventures should be left in the database.
averageRelgycandyNő
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2013.01.30. 07:31:02
Thank you for this report.It's weird same thing happened today. I began written a forum post and in the middle was called away for an hour or two.

HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!