Szerző
Topic neve: Surprising quiz results
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Surprising quiz results
1. hozzászólás - 2010.12.10. 22:14:10
This thread is for things that make you scratch your head when you look at the rate of correct answers of questions you submitted. What are your easiest/hardest questions?

20% Who won the inaugural Hugo award for best novel?

This isn't something I would expect anyone else to know off the top of their head, but the answer is easily Googled. This is nowhere near the most obscure question I've asked, yet it's in danger of being my first deletion.

36.78% Which of the following countries does not lie on the equator?

Look at a map, guys. The correct answer is a well known country in Central America. The equator runs way farther south.

63.93% The phrase "banana republic" was coined by O. Henry, based on his stay in which country?

Good job on this one. I expected this one to be much lower. Heck, I'd probably have to Google it now...

79.8% Which of these is the most successful (widest spread) mammal on the planet after humans?

Likewise, I thought this was harder.

84.52% Which of these do El Niño and La Niña commonly refer to?

That's the highest percentage correct of any I've asked. I knew this one was easy, but I thought the next two were even easier:

68.83% Complete the rule: I before E except after ____.

Proving that 31.17% of Doomlord users are illiterate.

56.23% The Golden Rule is which of these?

And that 43.77% of Doomlord users are sociopaths.
Pontszám: 5
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Surprising quiz results
2. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 13:12:23
My approved questions so far...

Who Commanded the British 8th Army at the First Battle of El Alamein? 11.11% Come on guys its not that hard....
Which author wrote the Cadfael books? 63.33%
During World War 2 the British ‘Twenty’ Committee was responsible for which of the following? 33.33%

I must say I am supprised at how low some of those numbers are. I guess we all assume that other people know the things we know...
A hozzászólást Manannan Mac Lir módosította 2010.12.20. 16:49:25-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 22:09:30
Major quiz fights that I have eventually won include:

Sports Team Names: National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______? 70.11%

Where was NHL Superstar Alexander Ovechkin born? 48.63%

"Even old New York was once New Amsterdam" is a lyric from what They Might be Giants song? 60.91%
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 22:25:17
You can hit me and stab me, but I will always heal in seconds. What am I? 88.37%

Made it fairly easy with the possible answers.

What is the only muscle in human body which is connected to the surrounding tissue at just one side? 82.14%

Started really low % but went up after that.

From which country does "panama hat" originate? 45.09%

Lowest score.

Which chemical element has just one electron? 63.9%

Can be confusing but easily googleable so its suprising.

Who was the first African American to win a Pulitzer prize for literature?

53 good and 61 bad answers have arrived for this question.
Idk the percentage, but its under 50%, I needed quick qestion for question quest and I knew asking this type will be easiest to pass.

Which NBA team helds the all time record for most wins during regular season? [2010]?

This question is withdrawn from the database, because 75% of the respondents did not know the answer.

Really? Michael Jordan anyone, not to mention googleability of this is off the charts.

Oh and your I before E except after____ got me confused first time I heard it. For native english speakers it is obviously kindergarten question, for internationals its more of WTF question:) (yes I head the ryme so I guessed it right, but it took me like 30 sec and I hate to lose 30 sec on question...I also never google answers up.)
Pontszám: 7.50
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.12.20. 06:11:04
Old Cotswold Legbar is?
106 good and 146 bad answers have arrived for this question.

The core celcius temperature of the sun is estimated to be?
160 good and 141 bad answers have arrived for this question

in a game of cricket a player scores a golden duck when he? 44.88%

Yusuf Islam is? 56.24%

The America's Cup is a? 70.04%

a Michelin star is an award for? 60.04%

What is a Sundial? 82.78%

a Supermodel is? 96.04%

What is the 3rd Rock from the Sun? 89.69%

What is a Whale Shark? 64.68%

all extremely googable but try and guess them and u will get them wrong more than likely (supermodel question aside lol)
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.12.20. 06:12:25-kor
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2011.01.08. 22:44:16 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1 hozzászólására.)

There are more exceptions to the rule than there are examples by a significant amount... it was primary school knowledge, but they've stopped teaching it because of that exact reason! That might be the result of the poor answer rate anyway...

I'm amazed that this question got less than 100%
The prefix 'bi' relates to what number?
91.51%
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2011.01.09. 01:27:01
Fun thread idea. There are several questions I have wondered how they played out.

Here's my list of surprising percentages:

Where are the Doldrums located? 55.56%

Who developed a system for measuring a tornado based on the damage they inflict? 62.38%
(2 of the 4 choices on this one are easy throw aways)

In 1960, a 9.5 magnitude earthquake hit what South American country? 55.37%
(largest ever recorded)

What was the world's first hand-held game system with interchangeable cartridges? 35.3%

During a clan war, how often can you duel the same player in an opposing clan? 61.04%

Where do wild hippopotamus live? 88.55%
(choices are by continent and it used to hang out around 70% correct. So, I would like to know where 11-30% of people have seen wild hippos.)

What is the deepest lake in North America? 15% (dropped from the database)

In music, what does the term "Adagio" mean? 47.9%

Traditionally made from bamboo and washi paper, what is a Rokkaku? 60.78%
(completely expected this one to get dropped)

If you buy a mohair sweater, what are you wearing? 54.99%

The Haeinsa Temple, containing the oldest and most complete copy of Buddhist scriptures in the world, is located in which country? 36.11%

Serving as a lighthouse and landmark since the late 1st century, the Tower of Hercules is located in the north-west region of what country? 22.73% (dropped from the database)

Known for half-woman, half-plant sculpted columns and painted murals, the 3rd century BC Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari is located in what country? 51.81%

What is the name of the island country just east of Madagascar, that is renowned for being the only known home of the dodo bird? 59.07%

What country in the Atlas mountain range is the home of the Amphitheatre of El Jem, the Medina of Sousse and the archaeological site of Carthage? 54.36%

The multi-Tony Award winning musical "Billy Elliot" was adapted by what English composer? (another dropped from the database)

What are the the only species of marine mammals classified as a herbivores? 62.02%

The German characters Max and Moritz, first published in 1865, was written and illustrated by whom? 24% (dropped from the database)

The renaissance Kronborg Castle, known as Elsinore to Shakespeare fans, is located in what country? 82.97%

Volcanic eruptions between 1963 & 1967 formed a new island that has been protected since its birth off the cost of what country? 54.19%

What country contains the Namib Desert, Kalahari Desert and the highest sand dunes in the world? 63.82%

With reports listing it up to 30 pounds and 6 feet (1.8 m) across, what is the largest land-living arthropod? 46.75%

Although they sometimes scroll by quickly, what is the display of moving text on the bottom of a TV screen or the end of a movie called? 48.64%

In the early 1900's, Mary Mallon was permanently quarantined for being the first healthy person to be identified as a carrier of what disease? 53.66% (another recent increase. This was down to the upper 20's for some time)

Some of the country question make look difficult, but the choices make them easier. (Sometimes ridiculously easier.)
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2011.01.11. 09:58:13
Update on my Questions

The main character of the 2001 film about the battle of Stalingrad, ‘Enemy at the Gates’ is Vassili Zaitsev. But what was he? 90%

In the 2008 Film 'Jumper' a Jumper is somebody who? 100%

‘Faith’, ‘Hope’ and ‘Charity’ were icons of the World War 2 defence of Malta. What were they? 16.67%

(Really suprised at the low numbers here - I use 'all the web' as my search engine and the first entry says they were aircraft...)

When did the City of Constantinople fall to the Ottomans under Sultan Mehmet II? 80%

Which was the last country to declare war on the Axis Powers during the Second World War? 50%

(2010) With which countries does North Korea share a land border? 33.33%

(People always forget that their is a boarder with Russia for some reason)

According to the Guinness World Records (2008). Where is the coldest place in the Known Universe? 57.14%

Who is the current (2010) Lord of Mann? 66.67%

Her Majesty ***, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India. *** = ? 73.33%

Winston Churchill’s ‘trade mark’ smoking item was a? 50%

(I thought everybody would have known this but.....)

Which Australian cricketer ended up with a career test batting average of 99.94? 40%

(An easy question if you are from a country that follows cricket - or if you use the web)

In the 2010 film 'Inception' the main character steals secrets by? 66.67%

Which two nations play test cricket for the 'Ashes'? 61.48%

(Very topical at the minute - I expect it may drop in a few months - Barmy Army Barmy Army )

Who headed the American team that won the 1908 New York to Paris automobile race. (The Germans having been given a 30 day time penalty)? 48.84%

(2010) At how many consecutive Olympic games has Sir Steve Redgrave won a Gold medal in the rowing? 64%

In which year did the Tour de France made its first visit to England, with a circuit stage on the Plympton By-pass? 37.5%

What is "Wrong Way" Corrigan is famous for? 57.14%

Which Roman Emperor ordered the Building of the Hagia Sophia – which was the Worlds largest cathedral for nearly 1000 years? 25%

(I guess people are jumping at Constintine without checking....)

As of 1st December 2010, roughly how many nuclear tests have there been world wide? 60%

Who Commanded the British 8th Army at the First Battle of El Alamein? 9.52%

(I guess people are forgetting the 'First Battle' part - Monty took over in time for the second battle. I guess this will get dropped if the figures do not pick up)

Which author wrote the Cadfael books? 63.48%

During World War 2 the British ‘Twenty’ Committee was responsible for which of the following? 37.5%

(This has gone up recently - I guess people have searched it Would it have been easier if I had called it the XX Committee ie Double cross....)
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 10:50:01 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1 hozzászólására.)

I am sorry to say that all this proves is that 31.17% of users don't know this saying.

Actually it also proves that YOU are illiterate!

As we abseil through their neighbourhood, we see neither a counterfeit foreign heir nor a sovereign deity seizing the reins of a sleigh. When you apply science to this quote you will find deficiencies in many species!

A bit of nonsense to illustrate how wrong that saying is!
public enemyXiaoyan848Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2011.08.04. 08:54:06
thank you for sharing..

great post !!

Diablo 3 Items
A hozzászólást Xiaoyan848 módosította 2011.11.05. 02:36:41-kor
Pontszám: 1.80
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2011.08.08. 19:53:23
wow. as a former wrestler, i'm not so much surprised as confirming my disappointment. 10% correct after 10 answers to this one:

In olympic wrestling, how long do a competitor's shoulders need to be held down for a pin?
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2011.08.09. 20:20:11
Oops, wrong place
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2011.08.09. 20:30:58-kor
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2012.08.13. 16:18:01
Idézet: Nvrgtgnjdgd - 2012.06.15. 06:06:56
I must say I am supprised at how low some of those numbers are. I guess we all assume that other people know the things we know...
l]

Surely this post is a form of spamming?
LOL, modified to delete the unwanted url's.
A hozzászólást Dancer módosította 2012.08.13. 16:18:58-kor
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2012.08.24. 15:36:46
I just learnt that a Clam has a foot !!!!!!!!!!
everyone's favoriteAxe L
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2012.08.27. 06:24:55
Once I submitted question: "Who is the protagonist of 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' game"?

Later it dessapeared from list of my questions, but at the same time it's not among deleted ones. It's just gone
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2012.08.29. 16:56:07
Hardest one I posted:

In the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series, which hobbit found the ring first?

Less than 17% correct answers - wiki is the first thing that appears when I Google the question and it has the name in the small "preview" section so you don't even have to open the page and read the entire article.

Another one with less than 20%:

Which country had stamps that looked like gems?

Again very first article to show when the question is Googled tells you the answer.

Easiest (I'm assuming the 100% were rejects although I thought some of them made it through):

Which of the following is NOT a type of computer protection?

and

What does the "e" mean in "e-mail"?
much likedDancerFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
200 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2012.10.09. 01:19:57
Just had this one and almost reported it to errors.............Glad I checked up first !!!

What is the largest organ in the human body?

Correct answer (!!!) -Skin.

May be obvious to lots of people but surprised me.
Educational and surprising questions like these are what I think make the quiz such a major part of the game.
Oldal: 1
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!