Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2009.09.12. 07:19:28
Well all - I quit.

The Quiz system has alienated me to the point where I refuse to be part of this game any more.

For example, questions that have been accepted:
What NBA team does Ray Allen play for
Who is the leading scorer in NBA history [set ~20 years ago]
What NHL team is celebrating their 101st anniversary
What NHL team won the 2008 Stanley Cup
Who won the 2008 F1 Championship
What is the width of a soccer net
What was the nickname of the Hungarian soccer team that went undefeated in 35 matches in the 1950's

Examples of questions that I have submitted that have been rejected:
National Hockey League - Anaheim ____ (repeat for Atlanta, Boston and Buffalo, as well as soccer's Tottenham, just to test)
Who is the Career Goaltending Wins leader in the NHL [set last year]
What is the size of a water polo net

Now, do you see the similarities between the two sets? Would you consider the first set or the second set to be more "only a specialized group would know the answer". At first glance (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th) the second set is clearly the easier set of questions, with answers as easy or easier than the first set to research online. However, it has become clear that my questions are not even being fairly reviewed - merely rubber-stamped "Reject" - largely because I am focusing on a largely North American sport.

Note that I asked 6 Water Polo questions before one was rejected - all of which FAR more difficult to research an answer to than ANY of the NHL questions I have posted. This is, for lack of a better term, racism against their North American audience. Hungary is a Water Polo powerhouse - therefore, those questions are passed thru the system with ease. Yet the NHL questions are instantly blocked. This is a form of (at worst) Racism, and at minimum, Prejudice.

And this doesn't come close to addressing the massive disparity between ridiculously special-knowledge questions involving Dragonlance, European historical figures, Nobel winners, obscure literary works, Television shows seen in only one country and the myriad of other absurd questions (not to mention all the questions with the wrong answers).

I would like to call for all those who are frustrated with the quiz system that this game so blatantly abuses, to simply walk away. Hopefully all you have invested is your time, and you will realize as I have that time is precious, and frustrating time is purely wasted time. There are many hundreds of other free online games, and one such as this that clearly makes no attempt to be fair and non-prejudicial does not deserve one penny of your cash, nor one minute of your time. This is YOUR game - because without you, there is no game. Therefore, please take ownership of your right to fight Racism and Prejudice, and not support this game a moment longer.
Dátum: 2009.09.12. 07:19:10
Well all - I quit.

The Quiz system has alienated me to the point where I refuse to be part of this game any more.

What was the nickname of the Hungarian soccer team that went undefeated in 35 matches in the 1950's

National Hockey League - Anaheim ____ (repeat for Atlanta, Boston and Buffalo, as well as soccer's Tottenham, just to test)

Now, do you see the similarities between the two sets? Would you consider the first set or the second set to be more "only a specialized group would know the answer". At first glance (and 2nd, 3rd and 4th) the second set is clearly the easier set of questions, with answers as easy or easier than the first set to research online. However, it has become clear that my questions are not even being fairly reviewed - merely rubber-stamped "Reject" - largely because I am focusing on a largely North American sport.

Note that I asked 6 Water Polo questions before one was rejected - all of which FAR more difficult to research an answer to than ANY of the NHL questions I have posted. This is, for lack of a better term, racism against their North American audience. Hungary is a Water Polo powerhouse - therefore, those questions are passed thru the system with ease. Yet the NHL questions are instantly blocked. This is a form of (at worst) Racism, and at minimum, Prejudice.

And this doesn't come close to addressing the massive disparity between ridiculously special-knowledge questions involving Dragonlance, European historical figures, Nobel winners, obscure literary works, Television shows seen in only one country and the myriad of other absurd questions (not to mention all the questions with the wrong answers).

I would like to call for all those who are frustrated with the quiz system that this game so blatantly abuses, to simply walk away. Hopefully all you have invested is your time, and you will realize as I have that time is precious, and frustrating time is purely wasted time. There are many hundreds of other free online games, and one such as this that clearly makes no attempt to be fair and non-prejudicial does not deserve one penny of your cash, nor one minute of your time. This is YOUR game - because without you, there is no game. Therefore, please take ownership of your right to fight Racism and Prejudice, and not support this game a moment longer.
Dátum: 2009.09.12. 07:18:48
Well all - I quit.

Dátum: 2009.09.11. 17:20:14
And now I don't even get a reason for questions being rejected. Because they KNOW they can't say "only a special group"... They just don't want to accept my questions. Is this really a game people want to support?

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Boston ___?

Bears
Bruins
Grizzlies
Polar Bears

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Dátum: 2009.09.11. 17:19:58
And now I don't even get a reason for questions being rejected. Because they KNOW they can't say "only a special group"... They just don't want to accept my questions. Is this really a game people want to support?

Bears
Bruins
Grizzlies
Polar Bears

Dátum: 2009.09.11. 17:19:34

Bears
Bruins
Grizzlies
Polar Bears

Dátum: 2009.09.11. 03:26:27
"What is the most popular feline in America?"

Horrible question... Puma as the answer - Horrible answer. Maybe in South America, but the question doesn't ask that. In AMERICA (as in, the United States), and all over North America, the answer is by far the Lynx (of the choices given). But this is just a bad question because of how vague it is.

Oh, and "only a special group of people might know the answer."

Seriously, how does stuff like this make it in to the quiz when my questions keep getting kicked???
Dátum: 2009.09.10. 20:27:31
Please look at the below pair of questions. They ask the same fundamental question - NHL Team Name. One has been approved, AND has had 5 correct answers out of 6. The second "clone" was rejected outright for being "too obscure"... HOW CAN IT BE TOO OBSCURE WHEN THE FIRST QUESTION IS AT 83.3% ACCURACY???

And who are you to say what is too obscure and what isn't?!? Isn't this a game for the players? Shouldn't the players be telling you what good and bad questions are? If you want to play Hungarian Trivial Pursuit - then go play Hungarian Trivial Pursuit!!! Just don't make an INTERNATIONAL game about it.

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Atlanta ___?
Hawks
Falcons
Thrashers
Jays

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Anaheim ___?
Eagles
Ducks
Mallards
Penguins

5 good and 1 bad answers have arrived for this question.

STOP BLOCKING GOOD QUESTIONS WITH EASY-TO-FIND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2009.09.10. 20:24:40
Please look at the below pair of questions. They ask the same fundamental question - NHL Team Name. One has been approved, AND has had 5 correct answers out of 6. The second "clone" was rejected outright for being "too obscure"... HOW CAN IT BE TOO OBSCURE WHEN THE FIRST QUESTION IS AT 83.3% ACCURACY???

And who are you to say what is too obscure and what isn't?!? Isn't this a game for the players? Shouldn't the players be telling you what good and bad questions are? If you want to play Hungarian Trivial Pursuit - then go play Hungarian Trivial Pursuit!!! Just don't make an INTERNATIONAL game about it.

National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Atlanta ___?
Hawks
Falcons
Thrashers
Jays

Eagles
Ducks
Mallards
Penguins

5 good and 1 bad answers have arrived for this question.

STOP BLOCKING GOOD QUESTIONS WITH EASY-TO-FIND ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dátum: 2009.09.10. 06:12:57
LivingSinner has two spots open for active players. Given that we are the #3 alliance overall and #1 Sapphire alliance, please be at least L7 to apply.
Dátum: 2009.09.09. 22:32:43
Well, what is the answer? 8 is the only non-prime number, so that is my first guess - but "which doesn't belong" with no further explanation of criteria is tricky with math as there are many permutations and combinations that could make any of those answers possible. For example, 2+3=5, and 3+5=8, so the answer could be a 2 or 3, as they cannot be sums of other numbers involved in the list. Or with subtraction, 8 is the only non-result possible.

It's not that people are too stupid - but it's like saying which doesn't fit between Boulder, Rock, Pebble, Sand... Without criteria, there's too much interpretation.

I would suggest a revision to say "Which of the following is NOT a Prime Number?" That would pass the quiz-test, I would hope.
Dátum: 2009.09.07. 23:26:34
Ok, so you pass a question asking which NHL team is having their 101st anniversary (it's actually correct, last year was the Canadiens [spelling error] 100th Season)... But my question asking what the team name for the Anaheim [Ducks] is kicked for being too obscure???

I call bullsh!t!
Dátum: 2009.09.07. 22:48:42
Raise your hand if you think the quiz system is a little screwed up *raise*
Dátum: 2009.09.07. 18:30:37
What was the breed of US detective Columbo`s dog?

Give me a break... This makes it into the Quiz after you reject a 1/2 dozen of mine???
Dátum: 2009.09.06. 16:32:39
Cute... I post something, and the Mods delete it... Well, since the Mods only check every few days, here we go again:

Eagles
Ducks
Mallards
Penguins

Ok, tell me why I should stay in this game. You have ABSURD crap from Europe littering the quizzes. You have wrong answers allowed into the database in the first place...

You're saying this question is too "difficult", when you just go to Wiki and go "NHL Anaheim"... Yet there are questions about Dragonlance heroes, F1 winners (F1 is less popular in North America than NHL is in Europe - by far), and other stuff that can't be looked up easily or at all (that French "Unbribable" guy, for instance).

I don't care about Literature, Mythology (at one time, not not any more) or insignificant European historical figures... But you know what happens when a question about them comes up??? I LOOK IT UP!!! There is no such thing as "too specific" when the resources are readily available for anyone to answer any properly phrased question.

I'm one foot out the door... Give me a damn good reason why I should stay - because if I have to answer everyone else's questions about topics that do not interest me, but am not allowed to post what is important to me - I have no reason to stay.
Dátum: 2009.09.06. 16:27:14
Cute... I post something, and the Mods delete it... Well, since the Mods only check every few days, here we go again:

Eagles
Ducks
Mallards
Penguins

Ok, tell me why I should stay in this game. You have ABSURD crap from Europe littering the quizzes. You have wrong answers allowed into the database in the first place...

You're saying this question is too "difficult", when you just go to Wiki and go "NHL Anaheim"... Yet there are questions about Dragonlance heroes, F1 winners (F1 is less popular in North America than NHL is in Europe - by far), and other stuff that can't be looked up easily or at all (that French "Unbribable" guy, for instance).

I don't care about Literature, Mythology (at one time, not not any more) or insignificant European historical figures... But you know what happens when a question about them comes up??? I LOOK IT UP!!! There is no such thing as "too specific" when the resources are readily available for anyone to answer any properly phrased question.

I'm one foot out the door... Give me a damn good reason why I should stay - because if I have to answer everyone else's questions, but am not allowed to post what is important to me - I have no reason to stay.
Dátum: 2009.09.05. 16:46:52

Eagles
Ducks
Mallards
Penguins

I'm one foot out the door... Give me a damn good reason why I should stay - because if I have to answer everyone else's questions about topics that do not interest me, but am not allowed to post what is important to me - I have no reason to stay.
Dátum: 2009.09.03. 16:51:32
Idézet: Viridel - 2009.08.30. 21:11:06
Ok, this is getting to be horsesh!t... ANOTHER rejection?!?

What goaltender holds the NHL record for Career Wins?
Dominik Hasek
Vladislav Tretiak
Patrick Roy
Martin Brodeur

Which F1 team did not participate in the 2008 season?
Sauber-Petronas
Force India
Toro Rosso
BMW Sauber

Ok, so this question is not "only a special group of people might know the answer", but an NHL question with a readily researchable answer is? Stop the hypocrisy!!!
Dátum: 2009.09.01. 17:34:48
Well, if I have to go to Wiki to find out who invented the stupid noiseless match, someone else can go to Wiki to find out who holds an NHL record.
Dátum: 2009.09.01. 17:30:06
Well, first of all, you don't need "volunteers", you need active, intelligent members. I would suggest those who do well in the Quiz Olympics be considered - as they are obviously not afraid to go out and find (accurate) answers to questions. Also those who post on these boards with insightful and accurate comments should be considered.

As such, I would like to be selected for one of the two North America positions.