Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.05.30. 10:27:27
How many countries did participate in the 2010 eurovision final?

answers you give are correct for how many countries voted or participated in ALL events in total, semi final and final.

39 in total participated, 25 went to the final, all 39 voted
Dátum: 2010.05.30. 10:17:02
What is NBC's longest running soap opera?

Needs a reference to year (until 2010 for example)
Dátum: 2010.05.30. 10:10:21
According to Archimedes' principle, how is the buoyant force on an object in comparison with the weight of the fluid displaced by the object ?

...on an object RELATED TO the weight.....

Also no relation between the two not twos at the last answer
Dátum: 2010.05.30. 07:46:04
Dimension and epic battles are not affected by fatique. If a battle has a fatique factor in it, you can see it at the start of the duel description, it says: You fought many times in the last hour, your abilities count X% less

If you dont see that then it does not affect the baattle
Dátum: 2010.05.30. 07:23:41
What was the Largest continuas land Empire in history?

Largest should have no capital

continuous not continuas
Dátum: 2010.05.30. 07:21:22
When Jeanne Calment dies, how old she was?

Died, not dies

was she, not she was
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 17:15:24
He is right, the answers are too close. As for the sceletal muscles, there is no problem since the answers are widely spaced to be able to answer. The over next to the number could have been average but is not making the question bad
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 10:44:34
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 23:15:05
Which is not an animal related sport?
Hunting
Rodeo
Fishing
Diving

Hunting isn't a "Sport". Neither is Fishing.

And the impossible has been found - According to Google:
No results found for "It's very difficult to rule a country, where there are more types of whiskey, than days in a year".

So how can this be an approved question?

I posted the hunting question almost 10 months ago, you are the first to bring up this point. I was always under the impression they were considered sports, at least thats how they are presented by fishing or hunting gear shops and sites.
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 10:34:41
In the nursery rhyme the grand old duke of york how many men did the grand old duke of york have?

Special since is not a world known rime
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 10:32:57
Who wont the English Carling Cup in 2010?

Misspelling Who WON the...
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 10:30:26
On which continent Afghanistan is located to?

Misspelled, The TO at the end is not needed, And IS needs to be before the country
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 10:28:02
Who is the tallest caracter from the Sienfield series?

Misspelled: Character Seinfield
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 10:26:43
How does Rome get their most of the slaves from?

Misspelled, How DID Rome get most of ITS slaves from
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 04:39:19
Thank you also, i noticed it but didnt bother asking, is good to know how it works
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 04:30:43
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 18:04:56
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.28. 09:45:23
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 06:28:32
Idézet: slayer66 - 2010.05.27. 23:10:02
the ppl who run this game are bias against americans, good luck getting any question approved if your american, because the morons that run this game will say it a bad question no matter what it is. i'm so happy i don't pay to play.......

There are a LOT of US History questions in the quiz (far more so than any other single nation). The double standard is clearly in the Sporting realm.

There are no double standarts. Granded, questions about soccer get more accepted but that is due to the fact is an international, not European game.

I do draw issue with this statement. According to the Doomlord "Where are you from" forum thread, North America would make up 1/2 the total players (give or take 5%). Saying that soccer is accepted because it is international is a fallacy - We have (generally speaking, but with exceptions) NO interest in professional soccer. This is much in the same was as Europeans and "other" have (generally speaking, but with exceptions) NO interest in predominantly N.A. sports. I found your conversation with Nemesis COMPLETELY ludicrous, as Baseball - for the purposes of this game - is exactly as global as soccer. And with the European influence (not to mention the national leagues in MANY European countries) in ice hockey - I would suggest that ice hockey is the MOST global game for the geography represented by the users of this game! Yet the attitude seems to be "It's not played in Hungary or Romania, therefore it's not global" - this is why I keep getting pissed off.

Contrary to popular belief, the US is not the center of the world. Contrary to the belief of this game, Hungary is not the center of the world. There needs to be a better effort to make a WORLD server truly International.

ESPN is one of the most visited topical websites on the entire internet (places like Google / Yahoo / eBay are non-topical). Yet it's a quiz mandate to eliminate all but the most rudimentary sporting questions. But why is this? If it's acceptable for the quiz to "want to" teach me about Chemistry or Physics, why can't the quiz teach new sports to people as well? If I'm flipping thru the channels and I see Cricket, maybe if I knew more than the raw fundamentals (throw ball, hit ball, get ball to posts), I would watch for a few minutes. I'll never play the sport (most likely), but in learning about it, could that possibly increase my enjoyment and appreciation of it? REGARDLESS that Cricket is as popular in N.A. as Camel Racing.

Correct questions should be in, without prejudice - because we can all live with learning a little more about the world and cultures around us...

Just to clarify (again): Soccer is international because is played worldwide, not because all of the people in the world like it or care about it. There are over 2000 profeccional soccer teams in EVERY continent, even USA has around 14. In contrast NFL is 30 teams all located in the US. Is not a lesser sport than soccer, just not international. On the other hand Baseball is an international sport as you pointed out, and reffering to the above wrongly rejected question of Nemesis, needs to have more trivia in this quiz in the form of that question he just posted. Still NFL is not treated as banned subject, any question that would have been accepted for soccer or baseball will be accepted for NFL. Or, more precise, SHOULD be accepted from now on. Nemesis actually got the point, and i hope he does not quit due to this unjust evaluation.
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 04:23:16
No excuse this time Nemesis, this was a good question and is 100% mistake that it was rejected. I am really sorry, you did write a perfectly good question as the rules suggested. I can only apologize in behalf of the rest, i already asked to find out who and why did this.
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 04:19:34
That one should have passed.....
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 10:11:16
Which of the Community legal instruments is binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States?

What country are you reffering to????
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 10:04:08
Who is the best Romanian football player of all time?

Badly shaped for 2 reasons:

1.All time is a very general time frame (In 2 years time someone else might be cosidered best than him)

2.The answers can be debated since it depends on what standarts you rate the success of a player
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 10:01:19
As promised, i will post here why i rejected a question, anyone getting a rejection other than already in database check here. If i evaluated it you will get an answer.

I hope that will help with the rejection frustration

You can comment here for further explanations ONLY if you are the one who posted the question, please do not start discussions here to help the players find there questions easily

I will not mention the name of the one posting the questions, to avoid any privacy issues