Szerző
Topic neve: The Quiz Evaluation Discussion/Debate
much likedNemesis 666
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: The Quiz Evaluation Discussion/Debate
81. hozzászólás - 2010.05.29. 02:27:08
In Baseball, how many Strikes and you're Out?

Two
Three
Four
Unlimited

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I tried playing nice. I made changes that were suggested to me. But I'm not going to sit here and tell me that Stephen King novel are more "important" to learn about than baseball. To those who have tried to make this game enjoyable, thank you. To those moderators who succeeded in making me hate this game and everyone who runs it; fuck you and your double standards.
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
82. hozzászólás - 2010.05.29. 04:23:16 (Válasz Nemesis 666 #81 hozzászólására.)
No excuse this time Nemesis, this was a good question and is 100% mistake that it was rejected. I am really sorry, you did write a perfectly good question as the rules suggested. I can only apologize in behalf of the rest, i already asked to find out who and why did this.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.05.29. 04:23:39-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
83. hozzászólás - 2010.05.29. 04:30:43
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 18:04:56
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.28. 09:45:23
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 06:28:32
Idézet: slayer66 - 2010.05.27. 23:10:02
the ppl who run this game are bias against americans, good luck getting any question approved if your american, because the morons that run this game will say it a bad question no matter what it is. i'm so happy i don't pay to play.......

There are a LOT of US History questions in the quiz (far more so than any other single nation). The double standard is clearly in the Sporting realm.

There are no double standarts. Granded, questions about soccer get more accepted but that is due to the fact is an international, not European game.

I do draw issue with this statement. According to the Doomlord "Where are you from" forum thread, North America would make up 1/2 the total players (give or take 5%). Saying that soccer is accepted because it is international is a fallacy - We have (generally speaking, but with exceptions) NO interest in professional soccer. This is much in the same was as Europeans and "other" have (generally speaking, but with exceptions) NO interest in predominantly N.A. sports. I found your conversation with Nemesis COMPLETELY ludicrous, as Baseball - for the purposes of this game - is exactly as global as soccer. And with the European influence (not to mention the national leagues in MANY European countries) in ice hockey - I would suggest that ice hockey is the MOST global game for the geography represented by the users of this game! Yet the attitude seems to be "It's not played in Hungary or Romania, therefore it's not global" - this is why I keep getting pissed off.

Contrary to popular belief, the US is not the center of the world. Contrary to the belief of this game, Hungary is not the center of the world. There needs to be a better effort to make a WORLD server truly International.

ESPN is one of the most visited topical websites on the entire internet (places like Google / Yahoo / eBay are non-topical). Yet it's a quiz mandate to eliminate all but the most rudimentary sporting questions. But why is this? If it's acceptable for the quiz to "want to" teach me about Chemistry or Physics, why can't the quiz teach new sports to people as well? If I'm flipping thru the channels and I see Cricket, maybe if I knew more than the raw fundamentals (throw ball, hit ball, get ball to posts), I would watch for a few minutes. I'll never play the sport (most likely), but in learning about it, could that possibly increase my enjoyment and appreciation of it? REGARDLESS that Cricket is as popular in N.A. as Camel Racing.

Correct questions should be in, without prejudice - because we can all live with learning a little more about the world and cultures around us...

Just to clarify (again): Soccer is international because is played worldwide, not because all of the people in the world like it or care about it. There are over 2000 profeccional soccer teams in EVERY continent, even USA has around 14. In contrast NFL is 30 teams all located in the US. Is not a lesser sport than soccer, just not international. On the other hand Baseball is an international sport as you pointed out, and reffering to the above wrongly rejected question of Nemesis, needs to have more trivia in this quiz in the form of that question he just posted. Still NFL is not treated as banned subject, any question that would have been accepted for soccer or baseball will be accepted for NFL. Or, more precise, SHOULD be accepted from now on. Nemesis actually got the point, and i hope he does not quit due to this unjust evaluation.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.05.29. 04:36:42-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
84. hozzászólás - 2010.05.29. 05:20:44 (Válasz stekkos #83 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.28. 09:45:23
Just to clarify (again): Soccer is international because is played worldwide, not because all of the people in the world like it or care about it. There are over 2000 profeccional soccer teams in EVERY continent, even USA has around 14. In contrast NFL is 30 teams all located in the US. Is not a lesser sport than soccer, just not international. On the other hand Baseball is an international sport as you pointed out, and reffering to the above wrongly rejected question of Nemesis, needs to have more trivia in this quiz in the form of that question he just posted. Still NFL is not treated as banned subject, any question that would have been accepted for soccer or baseball will be accepted for NFL. Or, more precise, SHOULD be accepted from now on. Nemesis actually got the point, and i hope he does not quit due to this unjust evaluation.

I never said Soccer was a "lesser" sport. In fact, I referee soccer here in Canada. Here's an interesting quote from you though "There are over 2000 profeccional soccer teams in EVERY continent, even USA has around 14." So does North American have over 2000, or around 14? That would be a significant difference. Also you bring up the NFL - I never did - to say that the NFL isn't International. I never said it was. It does, however, have the single most watched event internationally, on an annual basis (the Super Bowl). More people watch the Super Bowl than ANY soccer match (other than the World Cup, which is not a singular event). So one might say that the NFL IS International. I wouldn't, but a legitimate argument could be made.

My specific example was Ice Hockey. Played more in North America than Soccer. Played more in Europe than either Baseball or NFL-Football. Basketball is more International, but Ice Hockey would likely be #2. Yet, I can't ask questions about Crosby (the generational talent from North America) or Ovechkin (the generational talent from Europe)? Where is the logic in any of this?

I've said it before, and I will say it again:
Correct questions should be in, without prejudice - because we can all live with learning a little more about the world and cultures around us...
hatedfunkyw1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
85. hozzászólás - 2010.05.31. 21:51:38
How is the question "What year did John Candy die?" or "What year did Ray Mysterio debut in the WWE?" a bad question and deemed ambiguous? This is a very straight forward question! The evaluators of the questions need to get their heads out of their collective asses and get a real life! I have had questions rejected because of bad spelling after I've run "spell check". I've had questions evaluated as bad after I've "Googled" the answer and I am upset with the quiz, so from now on I'll be taking the soul energy rather than waiting for your dumb ass evaluators to reject a perfectly good question because their inability to speak / read the English language! I'm also tired answering "trick" questions That have been approved by your "evaluators"! Who are these people? why is there no way to dispute these evaluations? There needs to be a way to talk directly with the evaluators either in the forum or on the quiz page! I've been playing this game for only a short time but I've answered 799 questions correctly and will soon be well over that! I spent fifty stones to get credited for two questions for every question I answer why is this not yet happening?
A hozzászólást funkyw1 módosította 2010.06.01. 02:04:16-kor
Rated as "PUBLIC ENEMY" and DAM PROUD OF IT!
Pontszám: 3
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
86. hozzászólás - 2010.06.01. 05:20:56 (Válasz funkyw1 #85 hozzászólására.)
I remember evaluating the John Candy question. Everything I found said he died in 1994 and that was not one of the choices. Also, if you read our suggested guidelines, you would have seen that you need more than 1 to 3 years between the dates. Finally, it is generally a good idea to note the person you are referring to. I know a WWI pilot named John Candy and a Canadian comedian.
Pontszám: 7.50
hatedfunkyw1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
87. hozzászólás - 2010.06.01. 15:32:45 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #86 hozzászólására.)
It was so the answer! : What year did John Candy die?

1994 <
none of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

CHECK OUT ANSWER #2 (that I conveniently marked with an arrow so u wouldn't miss it for a second time!)
[Bad language was removed by the admin]
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2010.06.03. 14:37:38-kor
Pontszám: 1.67
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
88. hozzászólás - 2010.06.01. 19:38:31 (Válasz funkyw1 #87 hozzászólására.)
The language is completely unnecessary. Perhaps you need a little of your own advice.

I was simply trying to help. Two people obviously submitted the same question, because the one I evaluated had different years listed and 1996 marked as the correct answer.

I will agree that the list is only a guideline, not a hard rules, but if you don't want as many questions rejected, it is a good idea to follow it. The guideline was created to address the concerns of question submitters and quiz takers. Also, if you read the forums, you will also see that "none of the above" is not a good choice.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
89. hozzászólás - 2010.06.01. 19:49:32
Jeez, even me, in my most heated of rants, a) never went personal, and b) only attacked the standards (unless it was admitted that someone screwed up - which happens far too frequently).

There IS a line that shouldn't be crossed.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
90. hozzászólás - 2010.06.01. 19:54:45
And the guidelines were created so that the evaluators will all follow the same way of passing questions. So we do follow it more closely than the playes to avoid difference in evaluation. After all, the valid complains of players created the rules you see so is not an evaluator thing.

Our aim is to reduce rejected questions, while keeping the quiz fair, thats all.
hatedfunkyw1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
91. hozzászólás - 2010.06.02. 07:59:53 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #88 hozzászólására.)
You take the credit for the evaluation you also take the heat and the bad language! However, if u were not the evaluator then plz accept my heartfelt apology! As for the "none of the above" it's a perfectly good option I've seen it in many questions and it is used in most multiple choice test answers! I am obviously quite frustrated with the quiz and I went a bit postal I will no longer be posting any quiz questions! Again I apologize!
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
92. hozzászólás - 2010.06.12. 23:50:08
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.12. 05:43:10
But comparing a hockey (or any other sport) player to one of the greatest composers in the world is unfair. When will you get the point that sports havent got the world wide impact of other subjects? Haydn has greated masterpieces that endured and are played for hundreds of years, will endure for hundreds to come by the looks of it. A sport player, even as good as the one you mention, will still be a passing star, like maradona in soccer. After they retire all that remains is the mention of their feats and abilties in sports history books or shows. They are not less importand than any other person, but their acievements do not have the same impact to the world as many other figures, the example of Haydn being one.

Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Tchaikovsky - those were great composers. Haydn? Never heard of him. More importantly, I'm not saying that his question should not be in... I'm saying that my question should not have been excluded. If I asked what country Maradona played for, that would be valid, right? Or would you boot that out of the quiz?

The problem is that it's your OPINION that Haydn made a greater contribution to society than Ovechkin will over his career (or that Maradona did). This is WRONG. Until the Moderators stop making decisions on international opinion based on your own personal criteria, this system will be flawed.

Beyond that, Haydn is history. Ovechkin is pop culture. Both should have a respected place in the quiz... You say yourself that "They are not less importand than any other person" - yet the Moderator actions indicate that is clearly what is being said. The stupidest thing is that I bet you after 100 answers, more people would have the Ovechkin answer right than Haydn... But BOTH should be in the quiz.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
93. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 04:56:20
Wow...

What happened to this thread?

okay....so it evolved.
So, I tried to see if any questions, or suggestions have been instated or....been answered.
I think I have a headache from all the baloney that has been posted by those that were obviously in the wrong section...

Anyhow.

Since we now have several open members state they are evaluators....

I would like to ask just this:
Are the evaluators being disciplined when they make a mistake?

As in, when they pass a question which should have been rejected for one reason or another??

Seriously...if this has not been instated, it should be.

I am not saying that ALL evaluators are bad, just a few seem lazy to do their jobs.
A penalty for not doing their jobs would encourage them to do it better, or...being ejected from the role as an evaluator.

anybody? anybody?
Beuller?.......Bueller?
A hozzászólást Banned módosította 2010.06.19. 04:57:02-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
94. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 06:07:05 (Válasz Banned #93 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.06.19. 04:56:20
Wow...

What happened to this thread?

It's been pointless to continue it. The Admins don't give a shit. The Mods don't give a shit. After all, we're just players - we're not important, and what do we know anyways?

I have NEVER seen such apathy from people who you would expect would like our business.
much likedHexonxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
59 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
95. hozzászólás - 2010.06.24. 22:08:53
This post has been removed.
A hozzászólást Hexonx módosította 2010.09.28. 03:10:07-kor
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
96. hozzászólás - 2010.07.24. 20:38:38
We all know that something needs to be done. I agree with a lot of what's being said but there's no overall decision. If we really want something to be done, there's no point in writing pages and pages of rants (I got bored after reading to the end of the second page and skipped to here) as it's so difficult to trawl through.

Some kind of conclusion should be made with the most involved in this discussion and the evaluators/administrators. It should have a list of say 10 points and that should be the only document around for people to agree to. Then, a petition should be made with 500+ names which would be sent off to someone higher up in the games ladder.

I realize that that is a big job, but after reading this, there are some striking points which stick out. There could be 4 different proposals that everyone can vote for on the main forum and the one with the majority of votes gets implemented. We need something concise and with a lot of names behind it. It might not be perfect, but it would be a helluva lot better.

There are lots of shoulds and coulds in this post. We need someone who has the power to take control (Administrator?) and lead this in the direction it needs to go...
A hozzászólást Phalanxii módosította 2010.07.24. 20:40:53-kor
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
Pontszám: 6
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
97. hozzászólás - 2010.07.25. 05:16:13
Banned, there is no penalty if we make a mistake but we do get a penalty just for being evaluators. Every time we evaluate a question, it also counts for our hunting bonus like any player answering questions. But in our case we have to answer ALL questions, even a truck load of silly ones with no apparent answer which the rest of you will never see because they are rejected. But we still loose our hunting bonus (+20% in my case) because we cannot get the correct answer in questions like: "Is this a question?" "Why is my horse pretty?" "Hello?" etc And considering we do our best to evaluate fairly in the directions given by the admin, further penalty for making a mistake would just be unfair.

Hexnox, i answered that post in other topic, if you still feel is not satisfactory then post my answer as well here, dont just repeat your question

Phalanxii, if you can get enough players to agree on what they actually want to change then it will be taken seriously for sure. I like your idea, make a topic with your suggestions of what needs to be done, get enough people to agree with you (or start a topic to get ideas to vote for), and then post here the agreed text. Not 500, even 50 or 100 will be enough. I will be suprised if you get that many agreeing in one point anyway. In other words, players get to work on actually proposing something as a group. The admin and evaluators will be more than happy to see that
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
98. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 13:10:40
Unfortunately I'm not the type to organize something on that scale- someone who was more involved or a group of evaluators should conglomerate and come to terms with something that most people would agree on. With the right advertisement and members involved, it is more than possible to achieve. It won't suit everyone's needs, but won't most people see it as a positive step?

When answering the questions, they are spot on 99% of the time- things are improving which I'm happy to hear. I tend to avoid asking questions because I can't really get the hang of them and I think that the rules already in place do filter out most of the rubbish that is asked.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
99. hozzászólás - 2010.07.27. 13:31:35 (Válasz Phalanxii #98 hozzászólására.)
As evaluators we made an effort which is the change in rules you see. But since the players that complain usually contradict each other, its hard to get a direction of what can satisfy the most. If any player decides to put some of its suggestions for voting it would help see how many actually care about the suggested change, and we can then see if it is possible to apply it
averageCrom
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
100. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 20:41:55
I give up I've put in three perfectly good question's and had each one rejected, why bother
Oldal: 1234567
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője