Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Mesanagrenos

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2012.01.28. 20:32:36
Idézet: Wtfakkeltje - 2011.12.26. 12:54:42
Why can't anything travel faster than the speed of light?
The faster it travels the greater its mass becomes. At the speed of light the mass is infinite.
The question is false, something is possible to travel faster than the light
Becase there is not enough energy in the universe to accelarate something to that speed.
Because there wasn't enough time (during universe life) to accelarate something to that speed.

It seems that this question is no longer true.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/nov/18/neutrinos-still-faster-than-light

Or have I missed the latest news considering this subject?

That was my question. I was fully aware that in an experiment the results suggested that neutrinos travel faster than the light, BUT until several other experiments prove this suggestion true the theory won't change. It's an extremely difficult experiment and a lot can go wrong, besides, even if it was an easy one, scientist would still have to check and double check it. They have to be sure that all parameters were considered during the execution.
Btw I see that I have some spelling mistakes in this one, sorry about that.
Dátum: 2012.01.28. 20:19:05
How many radians are there in a circle?
2 <---marked as correct

A full circle has 2π (2pie) radians not 2
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 10:32:32
300000 is a very good approximation and it is used in almost all calculations that need the speed of light in school (even in most calculations in a university), as you can see it's very close to the number I wrote and it's much easier to do calculations with 300000 instead of 299792.458. Also in a documentary it's natural to mention 300000 instead of 299792.458 since they don't tell you the number to start doing exact calculations, but just to see approximately how fast it is and do comparisons instead of calculation. If you check a scientific site you'll see that I'm right. For example this site http://pdg.lbl.gov/ (you'll find it under Reviews, Tables, Plots /Constants, Units, Atomic and Nuclear Properties/Physical Constants (2008v))
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 09:42:07
Unfortunately I didn't copy the question because I didn't read this topic until I was asked this question, if I see it again I'll post it exactly as it is. Anyway, the question was asking for the exact speed of light and the "correct" answer was "300000 km/s". But this is not true, the speed of light is not exactly 300000 km/s, it's something like 299792.458 km/s (and still this is not exact). I can see that you have to study physics to know that the answer is wrong but it still is. It would be better if the "exact" was replaced by "approximate".
Oldal: 1