Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
681. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 13:49:47 (Válasz Valkyrie #680 hozzászólására.)
As for David being Hungarian, did u happen to notice that Croatia back then was PART OF big Hungarian empire?
Zalaegerszeg, the place he was born at, was, and still is in Hungary. Pretty far from Croatia.
http://maps.google.com/maps? hl=en&source=hp&q=zalaegerszeg&aql=&oq=zalaeg&gs_rfai=&um=1&ie=UTF- 8&sa=N&tab=wl
Look a the facts, my "friend".

You know, you remind me of...
You are the one who has arguments based upon "we have it in our museums". Your personal experience is not an argument btw.

as for torpedo, I've already proven where it came from and have no intention of repeating myself.
You have proven nothing. Still despite all sources claim otherwise and repeat croatian canon.

Edit: If you wouldn't care, you wouldn't defend your Q.
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.17. 14:00:03-kor
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
682. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 14:06:31 (Válasz Death #681 hozzászólására.)
btw, this link (which I found from your wiki links) stats it's Austrian, not Hugarian, but that doesn't make it true, does it? so...

http://d-nb.info/gnd/118762915

Oh, and my personal experience is a damn fine argument. btw.

And I already said, my arguments came from books by which I was taught in schools... when they come in digital form, I'll be happy to give them to you.

PS - I don't care any more, because enough is said here in forum...

PPS - the town you are born doesn't give you your nationality...

Official definition of nationality is:
The state or quality of belonging to or being connected with a nation or government by nativity, character, ownership, allegiance, parental nationality etc.

But in actuality I'd define your nationality as the place you call home were you respect the national culture and laws and fit in . An it is often different, in different countries

and David is not a part of my Q so I don't see point in defending "him" any more.
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.17. 14:07:46-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
683. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 20:17:02 (Válasz Valkyrie #682 hozzászólására.)
Oh, and my personal experience is a damn fine argument. btw.
Not for me. And certainly not for the quiz admins.

PS - I don't care any more, because enough is said here in forum...
Yes, you do. You still can't swallow things that come from abroad. PLS try to convince everyone that the wiki and the Library of Congress are all wrong. Based upon your personal experience. LOL!

The Q should still go:
Which nation invented parachute, torpedo, neck-tie and 1st mechanical pen?
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

Parachute: Italian
Mechanical pen: (Biro) Hungarian
Neck-tie: Croatian
Torpedo: American
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.17. 20:23:14-kor
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
684. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 21:00:25
Spelling error:

What are most of the solar system's planets named for ?
Roman gods
Greek gods
Norse gods
Egyptian gods

The question is misspelled should be: What are most of the Solar System's planets named after ? since they are named after the gods not for the gods.

Bad question

Which Country founded New York?
Netherlands
Spain
England
France

I don't think i have to say more. I believe the correct question should sound like: Which nation founded New York?
A hozzászólást Dakaan módosította 2010.03.17. 21:01:54-kor
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
685. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 21:22:36
You're right . But at least consult a dictionary or even Google Translator . English is not my first language either , but I try my best to become better and better at it .
Pontszám: 3
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
686. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 21:27:59
There are four real crows on a tree. If you shoot one, how many will be left on the tree?
none

This one kinda' sucks though. The given answer is none, but that assumes the dead crow falls to the ground, and the crows go to a different tree (not just a different branch in the same tree). It's a trick question with multiple viable answers.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
687. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 21:30:47 (Válasz Jerko #685 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.17. 21:22:36
You're right . But at least consult a dictionary or even Google Translator . English is not my first language either , but I try my best to become better and better at it .

coun·try
 /ˈkʌntri/ Show Spelled [kuhn-tree] Show IPA noun,plural-tries, adjective
–noun
1. a state or nation
2. the territory of a nation.

Like I said, the quiz has far bigger problems than the ones you chose to take issue with.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
688. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 21:54:27 (Válasz Death #683 hozzászólására.)
here. translate into english if you want. use google translator or what ever. I will not do it for you.

Parachute: http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust_Vran%C4%8Di%C4%87

(made prints, built it and jumped with it)

Pencil: http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Slavoljub_Penkala (he became a croat, was not born that way.)

Torpedo: http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torpedo

(torpedo, as we know it today, was invented by Ivan Lupis)

Oh, and I'll believe more my National library, than yours, regarding our matters. And just you wait.. my country is in big problems now, has been since the war. But, eventually, we WILL prove our claims. (hell, we just recently got ADSL, and you expect that you'll find everything on the internet 'bout us. you will. eventually)
Until then, mods, feel free to erase the Q. Only thing I give Death credit, is that there are doubts..
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
689. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 22:36:23
OK, I got this question today:

What is the height of The Empire State Building in New York ?

503m
287m
301m
381m <--- marked as correct.

According to several sites (listed below) the height of the Empire State Building is 443 m.

http://www.aviewoncities.com/buildings/nyc/empirestatebuilding.htm (for some reason it has height as 381 in "Quick facts" but as 443 in "Total Height" under "Notes")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Empire_State_Building#Height_records_and_comparisons

http://www.esbnyc.com/tourism/tourism_facts.cfm

This is from The Empire State Buildings own website:

http://tinyurl.com/yebqbtf

Thanks,
Jazaray
A hozzászólást Jazaray módosította 2010.03.17. 22:37:03-kor
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
690. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 22:44:59 (Válasz Jazaray #689 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jazaray - 2010.03.17. 23:26:21

..... The Empire State Building is NOT a statue...

Thanks,
Jazaray

Sorry, I was having more than one discussion, and ended up melding the two into one...
I appologize.

What I meant to write was:

It is 443m from the ground to the very top of the lightning rod.

It is 381m from the ground to the tip. (not including the lightning rod)

So, I still stand that the question is ambigous.
A hozzászólást Banned módosította 2010.03.18. 00:04:58-kor
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
691. hozzászólás - 2010.03.17. 23:26:21 (Válasz Banned #690 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.17. 22:44:59
Ah...I see why.. she/it is 381 meters tall from head to toe.

But, considering she/it is indeed a statue: from the highest point to the bottom, she is 443 meters.

Indeed...this is a tad ambiguous with that technically has more than one correct answer.
But, only of of those answers is listed...

So...yeah. This is one of the things that can start larger arguments.

It is a valid question, so perhaps either the answer should be amended...or the question reworded to:

"From head to toe, what is the height of The Empire State Building in New York?" Answer: 381m
or,
"What is the overall height of The Empire State Building in New York?" Answer: 443m

..... The Empire State Building is NOT a statue...

Thanks,
Jazaray
everyone's favoriteMesanagrenosFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
692. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 09:42:07
Unfortunately I didn't copy the question because I didn't read this topic until I was asked this question, if I see it again I'll post it exactly as it is. Anyway, the question was asking for the exact speed of light and the "correct" answer was "300000 km/s". But this is not true, the speed of light is not exactly 300000 km/s, it's something like 299792.458 km/s (and still this is not exact). I can see that you have to study physics to know that the answer is wrong but it still is. It would be better if the "exact" was replaced by "approximate".
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
693. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 10:01:51
National Hockey League (NHL) Team - Anaheim ___?

How should I know this ? Please delete all the questions similar to this one .

To Mesanagrenos : I watched a documentary on Discovery Science , and all the scientists there said that the speed of light is 300000 km/s .

Where can you find world's perfect cone volcano?

Where can you find the
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.18. 10:12:53-kor
everyone's favoriteMesanagrenosFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
694. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 10:32:32
300000 is a very good approximation and it is used in almost all calculations that need the speed of light in school (even in most calculations in a university), as you can see it's very close to the number I wrote and it's much easier to do calculations with 300000 instead of 299792.458. Also in a documentary it's natural to mention 300000 instead of 299792.458 since they don't tell you the number to start doing exact calculations, but just to see approximately how fast it is and do comparisons instead of calculation. If you check a scientific site you'll see that I'm right. For example this site http://pdg.lbl.gov/ (you'll find it under Reviews, Tables, Plots /Constants, Units, Atomic and Nuclear Properties/Physical Constants (2008v))
A hozzászólást Mesanagrenos módosította 2010.03.18. 10:38:29-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
695. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 11:19:34 (Válasz Mesanagrenos #692 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Mesanagrenos - 2010.03.18. 09:42:07
Unfortunately I didn't copy the question because I didn't read this topic until I was asked this question, if I see it again I'll post it exactly as it is. Anyway, the question was asking for the exact speed of light and the "correct" answer was "300000 km/s". But this is not true, the speed of light is not exactly 300000 km/s, it's something like 299792.458 km/s (and still this is not exact). I can see that you have to study physics to know that the answer is wrong but it still is. It would be better if the "exact" was replaced by "approximate".

Or just remove the exact. What is the speed of light can be answered as 300000km/s and be correct
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
696. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 12:17:48 (Válasz Valkyrie #688 hozzászólására.)
I understand your point, Viridel, and yes the question has more issues, because this game is not made only for americans or hungarians or whatever nationality you can think off therefore the question itself is a bad one, but the definition is more accurate as i state it.
It might be correct Country instead of state, but for the non-english players translating the question is confusing, therefore they will answer wrong (take me for example).
A hozzászólást Dakaan módosította 2010.03.18. 12:19:18-kor
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
697. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 12:31:03
How much more SE you gain if you answer corectly to hunt questions ?
30%
5%
20%
10%

there is already one question asking this, and it's correctly
Pontszám: 5.50
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
698. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 13:13:36
Which of the following NFL players has 3 Superbowl MVP trophies?

Please delete it .
Pontszám: 3.33
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
699. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 13:50:20
And another NFL question - misphrased...

Who won the NFL in 2008?

no one would be the right answer, but I believe the question is meant to ask who won the Superbowl?

Although technically it should be for the 2008 season (i.e. the NFL seasons run from September until January/February of the following year so the Superbowl game played in 2008 was to determine the championship for the 2007 season...)
A hozzászólást TheLion módosította 2010.03.18. 13:52:31-kor
averageHunglo2Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
700. hozzászólás - 2010.03.18. 14:31:20
Can anyone tell me where is the spelling mistake as there is none.

Robert Block wrote a book about a motel and it's murderous owner named?

Hotel California
Psycho
Dew Drop Inn
Murderers Row

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.
Your question has been evaluated.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!