Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Johannes Buckbeak

Oldal: 123456
Dátum: 2011.11.26. 20:26:56
Which of the following fiction character is not human?

"character" should be "characters". "fiction" should be "fictional" or rewrite the question to read "Which of the following characters in fiction is not human?"
Dátum: 2011.11.26. 20:23:42
Yes, he was a Reverend, he was also a man, a person, a graduate and a lot of other things. But those are not what he is known as. He was KNOWN as a parson, and you will note that the very title of the article you link to calls him "Parson John Russell". So why should a correct answer be rejected?
Dátum: 2011.11.26. 18:13:53
Because he wasn't a "reverend", he was a parson. E.G Wikipedia :"John "Jack" Russell (21 December 1795–28 April 1883), known as "The Sporting Parson", was an enthusiastic hunter and dog breeder.". Should I put in an incorrect answer because the adjudicators are marking the correct answer wrong?
Dátum: 2011.11.26. 07:57:13
So what's wrong with this:

Who was the Jack Russell breed of terrier named after?

An English parson
The head of the Kennel Club
An Australian politician
Nobody - the name was invented

Marked (twice) as Spelling error.
Dátum: 2011.11.25. 23:53:43
I just submitted this:

Who was the Jack Russell breed of terrier named after?

An English parson
The head of the Kennel Club
An Australian politician
Nobody - the name was invented

It was rejected for "Spelling Mistakes". Clearly whoever judged this thinks that "parson" is a spelling error for "person", which it is not - a parson is a type of clergyman or cleric. So I have resubmitted this, and I hope whoever is judging it this time reads here first.
Oldal: 123456