Szerző
Topic neve: Violating the Terms of use
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Violating the Terms of use
1. hozzászólás - 2009.07.15. 21:48:43
Most people don’t care to read the terms of use, but I strongly suggest you do so if you have a minute to spare (http://www.doomlord.net/index.php?m=felhasznalasi_feltetelek). It is of utmost importance for us to keep the game clean and provide fair play for everyone. That’s why we are asking you to play with only ONE character. Another world(s) will be started in the future so that you will have the chance to start new characters.

Why cannot you have more than one character?
The reason is simple. Imagine that one starts two characters, the first only collects SE and the second “farms” the first one thus getting unfair advantage over the others. As it is basically a free game it costs nothing to start additional characters but this would spoil honest players’ game.

How do we decide if one has more characters?
Ever event in the game is recorded in the log files. These log files are analyzed by programs, which monitor a lot of factors, but most importantly character actions, habits and behaviour. It is a partly automatic system, using heuristic methods, so it cannot be perfect, so we always check suspicious cases manually before deciding about what action to take.

Consequences of having multiple characters
In these cases the first step is temporary suspension (usually 3 days), during which the player cannot log in and no AP is regenerated. In minor cases we just ask the player to delete the additional characters within 1 day. If the player continues to have multiple characters despite the suspension/warning, he might face permanent ban.

What if I feel I got an unfair punishment?
You can always send us an e-mail and ask for the reasons. Since we do not want to harass any players unnecessarily if you got the punishment there was a good reason. You can always use the Complaints topic – Unjust bans - to forward your view as well. Please don’t use other topic for this purpose because your messages will be deleted.

What if we play from the same computer?
Generally, we examine the conduct and relation between the characters but in suspicious cases we might check the data about the computers as well. If you play from the same computer, don’t attack each other, don’t always attack the same players and preferably join different clans. In this case there will be no problem.
Should any additional questions arise later on, I will list them here in the first post.

Please also see also the

Can I play with more than one character?
section.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2009.07.16. 09:50:31-kor
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Violating the Terms of use
2. hozzászólás - 2009.08.30. 05:45:13
The characters named hunter and wart looks like they are duplicate of someone. They never upgrade their equipment, have no SE on them when i attack, they never attack and without belonging to a clan they have 42000 and 15000 se build!!!
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2009.08.30. 08:04:15-kor
averageMunkustrapFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2009.09.05. 15:30:17
Ahoi!
I know this is not the place for this, but i couldn't find a proper topic, so read this event from my clanpage:
The following poll has expired, the result is automatically 'No': xxxxx jelentkezési kérelme..
x-ed the name of course
Thank you for your attention!
public enemyMordrid Pendragon
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 13:00:27
There is a massive problem with the quiz evaluation. For some reason it has marked several of my questions as bad for no apparent reason!!! There have been no spelling mistakes or other such non sense I'm a donating member and several others have had the same problem, one to the point of leaving your game!!! This is very frustrating as we put our time and money into this to be treated unequally. You need to make the system more balanced or your going to lose alot of players from the Americas.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2009.09.12. 13:36:48 (Válasz Mordrid Pendragon #4 hozzászólására.)
post your questions on the quiz thread and ppl will try to help. sometimes we can not see our own mistakes
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
averageWulfNő
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2009.11.26. 00:50:33
A Recent Hacking

My husban signed up for here recently org username Nape4 chater napoloerster he got hack just today someone change his user info I came on to tell you this because i his wife and we use the same ip address just Diffrent email so he can't login to his account because hacking.
Wulfberg
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2009.12.04. 13:27:43
9. Categories
Level
8-11: every level has a different category.
12-19: Every 2 level has a category. So 12-13, 14-15, 16-17 and 18-19.
20-34: Every 3 level. 20-22, 23-25, 26-28, 29-31 and 32-34.
35-46: Every 4 level. 35-38, 39-42, 43-46.
47-61: Every 5 level. 47-51, 52-56, 57-61.
62-79: Every 6 level. 62-67, 68-73, 74-79.
etc.

This are the categories stated for championship and thats the fights i was prepared for. Why did i end up fighting level 33 players and loosing? And if you did that because they were only 3 higher than 31 then it is still not fair to the rest, no warnign was given. If i knew i would prepare differently.
Pontszám: 7.67
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2009.12.04. 14:55:47
wtf?

It says that I lost the championship to characcter Dragon (member of rubicorns)

But when I search that character, it says he doesn't exist?!

How can I loose to a non-existant character???
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2009.12.04. 15:16:53 (Válasz Valkyrie #8 hozzászólására.)
You are right. It seems he deleted his account sometime after entering the championship and the server had already incluted him. Should we vote for a repeat of the championship?
Pontszám: 7.33
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2009.12.04. 18:29:14 (Válasz stekkos #9 hozzászólására.)
I vote yes, of course
Pontszám: 7
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2009.12.06. 06:19:27
No answer from the administrators, i hope this is because they are thinking very seriously what to do with this issue Please give us an answer, it was a major disappointment for many players
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2009.12.06. 20:14:14 (Válasz stekkos #11 hozzászólására.)
Somehow, I don't see it happening (repeating that is...)
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2009.12.10. 18:35:32
At least they could answer to show they care......
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2009.12.14. 16:08:51
Sorry for the delay in replying to your problems.

Considering championship categories: the listed category numbers are correct. However, it is possible that someone enters the championship when level 31. Later, when you check the results, and you click on his name, you see his ACTUAL level. So if he advanced 1-2 levels since entering the championship, you will see his actual state. Of course, he participated in the championship with the level, equipment and the stats at the moment of entering. This could have been the case. But if you are more specific about your problems (name of characters, your level upon entering, their info etc) I will check this in more detail.

A character may delete himself at any time if he/she chooses to. It may happen - although not too often - that someone enters the championship, and shortly after he deletes himself. His entry and participation was still valid, regardless of his actions afterwards.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2009.12.16. 13:37:14 (Válasz Miklos #14 hozzászólására.)
I joined the championship as level 31. According to the categories i had opponents 29-31 level. But thats what i got:

Your opponent:
Lord Stenwulf - level 33 Doomlord

Your opponent:
Asamy - level 29 Doomlord

Your opponent:
Sorcha - level 34 Doomlady

It seems the category became 29 - max level of current players.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2009.12.20. 15:13:28
I would really like to know if you have seen my post and considering what to answer.....
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2009.12.26. 21:18:05
Ok, I see, the reason can be something else that I described above.

One category must have at least 5 participants. If there are not enough contestants in a given category, instead of cancelling that category, it is joined with the next category. But I will ask clarification on this from the programmer on 4th of Jan, to figure out exactly what happened.
Pontszám: 6
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2009.12.27. 13:56:06 (Válasz Miklos #17 hozzászólására.)
Thank you, i hope we get an answer before next championship to know what to expect
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2010.01.21. 13:49:32
Miklós, DoomLordStinks is clearly a trolling account and most likely a bot. It is spamming every forum with one post. Always the same. Does so fast, that I think it is a 3rd party software.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
Pontszám: 5.33
public enemychipmize
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2010.01.24. 00:10:06 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
dont know if this is where i bring this up one of ur questions said who was not a dictator I got It Wrong yall stated that George Bush wasnt a dictator.The meaning of dictator is a person exercising absolute power esp. a ruler who has absolute, unrestricted control in a government. i would like to remind yall of the patriot act George Bush was a dictator.
Pontszám: 3
Oldal: 12
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője