Szerző
Topic neve: Clan championship
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Clan championship
1. hozzászólás - 2014.09.12. 13:10:54
We are pleased to announce that the new feature, clan championship is coming to Doomlord! The first championship begins next Tuesday, 16th of September, noon (GMT+1, game time).

The rules are as follows:

All clans automatically enter the clan championship, which have at least 3 lvl 20+ members whose activity is not red. The system might add 1-2 teams with 2 actives only so the number of teams is divideable by 4.

We make teams of 4 from the participants. Each team will do a mini Horde War, this is one turn in the championship. Each turn begins at Tuesday noon, and consist of 6 rounds. Each round is 24 hours. So a turn ends at Monday noon.

The championship lasts for 3-6 turns, depending on the number of participants. After each turn, the winner of the war gets 4 points, the second 3 pts, etc. This is the primary score. The ranking is based on this primary score. If two teams have an equal primary score, the secondary score (total points acquired in the wars) will decide.

During the championship, you can attack any square. Each attack cost 1 duel point. You can do any number of attacks. With a 30 Duel Pts setting, there is a chance to get a stronger opponent. At the end of each round (at noon) we calculate standings and add points. For each square, the clan with the highest victory percentage gets the score. This percentage is the number of wins on that square, in ratio to the team's total wins on the map. So the number of victories doesn't matter, only their ratio between the squares!

At the end of the championship the clans get reward:
Top 3 clans: +1 level to the Tree of Knowledge (if the have no Tree, then Pyramid of Glory, if thy don't have that either, SE to their soul-well, which can go beyond max. capacity). Additional rankings get SE to their soul-well.
Participating clan members also get individual rewards: championship tokens, which can be exchanged for valuable prizes. A player is eligible for prize in a given round if he attacked at least 10 times.

The SE and XP you get for these fights is a value which depends only on your level, energy harness (EH) and if you are a member of the diamond horde. Each fight also cost an event point (you get it for hunts or xeno AP fights). If you are an EH player, and attack without being able to spend an event point, you will get only 2/3 of the usual SE.
Pontszám: 7.46
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Clan championship
2. hozzászólás - 2014.09.12. 14:26:36 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
Hi Miklos,

so, DD-players are playing with a "handicap", right?
And what about the Diamond-horde? Does Diamond get a bonus? Why?
E.
A hozzászólást Bartessica Slam módosította 2014.09.13. 11:01:24-kor
Pontszám: 9.81
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2014.09.12. 17:08:58 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
That looks cool.
I would have preferred a championship style sort of competition though, with clans knocking out each other until the grand finale. With maybe a first round to eliminate a certain number of clans and make it 16 (or 8 or 32).

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2014.09.12. 17:10:50-kor
Pontszám: 8.20
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2014.09.12. 19:53:20 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #2 hozzászólására.)
Diamond horde gets the bonus, read again what Miklos wrote. DD players always have handicap when it comes to dueling.
Pontszám: 9.86
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2014.09.16. 10:47:47 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #2 hozzászólására.)
There is no handicap, we strive to create balance.

We require event points so the clan championship - similar to Horde Wars - cost one hunt and one duel for every player, regardless of DD or EH.
Very rough approximation: hunt gives 144 SE/XP to DD players, something like what a EH player gets for a duel. So we give the same SE/XP to a DD player for fights in the championship to what an EH player gets for a hunt. This way, DD and EH players get about the same SE and XP for one hunt plus one fight in the championship.

Diamonds do get a bonus (+5%) as in Horde Wars - this is because in normal duels, a Diamond gets a bonus too.

In normal Horde Wars, you cant attack without having an event point. Here, you have the freedom to do so, but that would give an advantage to EH players, that's why they get much less SE in this case.

Cruel: problem with final elimination system is, that it's possible that the second best gets paired with the best in the first round and loses. Also, when a competition lasts for like 4 weeks, it's pretty bad if your clan loses in the first week and can't participate for the rest. So we found a swiss-system is better in this case.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2014.09.16. 15:47:29
Miklos,
The Statistics page doesn't show all active players in the clan. Why is that?

Thanks,
Cruel.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2014.09.16. 19:28:06
perhaps only showing those who have attacked at least once?
Pontszám: 7.17
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2014.09.16. 19:30:29 (Válasz manunkind #7 hozzászólására.)
Not really. It also shows some players with 0 attacks.

Cruel.

Edit: A player just came online and his name is showing now. So maybe only players who have logged in since the event started are displayed.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2014.09.16. 19:35:42-kor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2014.09.17. 11:15:43
Statistics for current round did not reset, we corrected that now.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2014.09.17. 16:53:41 (Válasz Miklos #9 hozzászólására.)
Miklos,

I am not sure what you have corrected, but the whole thing is wrong

- First page is dividing the territories by the 4 hordes, instead of by clans.
- The clan rankings page is populated with only zeros
- The Statistics page is incorrect. It shows I have one attack today and I haven't attacked since 12:00, so at what time was the reset done?

Cruel.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2014.09.17. 21:49:36 (Válasz Cruel01 #10 hozzászólására.)
These are all correct

- In clan championship, not the hordes fight, but 4 clans in each team. Each clan is assigned a "horde color" (regardless of its original color) so you can differentiate the squares taken by teams.
- Clan ranking - as the description says - is updated at the end of each turn only.
- The Statistics is correct, but we reset it only a bit after 12.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2014.09.17. 22:13:13 (Válasz Miklos #11 hozzászólására.)
Thanks Miklos.

I understand it now. So we are 20 clans divided into 5 separate competitions and, at the end of each week, 5 clans will get 4 points, 5 clans will get 3, etc...

The reset was definitely wrong because I went to bed at 08:00 and, when I logged back in, at 17:00, I had 1 attack.

A suggestion: please replace the column "Attacks in this round" for "Victories in this round". I f I understand correctly, the number of attacks is irrelevant and the number of victories, which is the relevant info, is not being displayed at the moment.

Thanks,
Cruel.
everyone's favoritejanyemm
Végzetúr poronty
102 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2014.09.21. 14:49:53
I would like to ask about one change.

During some events I used to switch by use of spacerift potions between DD and EH play. I know there was some AA skills loosing "punishment" together with price of spacerift potions alone. But now when I tried to switch during Clan champhionship I got warning message that ALL my event points will be deleted to zero. I would like to ask if it is specific for Clan champhionship battles or it will be as such in all events with event points ?
If yes - I can trash my spacerift potions to bin and never care more about changing DD/EH play.

Jany
Pontszám: 10
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2014.09.21. 20:34:01 (Válasz janyemm #13 hozzászólására.)
IMHO, changing between EH and DD with spacerift potion numerous times, is the worst tactics in this game. You gain much more when you maximizing the AA skills for one or other.
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2014.09.22. 06:23:55 (Válasz Tallia #14 hozzászólására.)
@ Jany,
I hope this is a bug indeed; because I do this actions also... except for this clanwar (this time). --- MIKLOS; any idea? ---

@ Tallia,
I would suggest to reconsider your opinion. I think my avatar isn't the worst one in DL (Elvenwind); and as far as I know Gimli is doing the same kind of actions... and unfortunately that player isn't that weak too. But indeed you need to take decisions in a careful way.
E.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2014.09.22. 15:35:24 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #15 hozzászólására.)
Well, I have NEVER been DD and I can't say I am weak either...

Regarding the Clan Wars, I am unsure what comes next. Will the four top clans be put in the same competition for the second week? I don't believe the adversaries will be the same because this would be very silly since it is not possible to know whether the leading clans are actually good or just facing weak opponents.

Cruel.
much likedTallia
Végzetúr poronty
256 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2014.09.22. 21:41:16 (Válasz Cruel01 #16 hozzászólására.)
I agree with Cruel, he is not weak (me, neither )
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2014.09.22. 22:06:48
Event points are reset to zero upon spacerift potion use for the following reason:

Horde war (and clan championship too) gives a good SE/XP for one hunt and one duel (you need 1 event point for every attack). For a DD player, a hunt gives like 144 SE/XP. An EH player gets like 64 SE/XP for hunt. So, in clan championship, an EH player gets like 144 SE/XP and a DD player gets 64 SE/XP, so balance is created (please note that these are not the exact numbers). So all players get the same SE/XP for 1 hunt and 1 duel.

If we would allow event points transferred after spacerift, the following would happen:

As a DD, you would hunt and collect several hundred event points at 144 SE/XP. then you would switch to EH, participate in championship and collect also 144 SE/XP. This would be the ultimate strategy, you shouldn't have to do anything else in the game, since championship runs nonstop, always available.
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2014.09.23. 05:47:48 (Válasz Miklos #18 hozzászólására.)
Hi Miklos,

... indeed; that would have been the trick!

But ok, back to the initial question; is this ONLY for clan-wars? Or did you change the rules for horde-wars and Huckster too? If you did, than Janyemm would be right; ... we could trash all spacerift potions we have.

E.
everyone's favoriteNicolas Azrael Dragonov
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2014.09.23. 19:07:26 (Válasz Miklos #18 hozzászólására.)
That is the most asine reason i can imagine !

This was a perfectly valid strategy ! You spent resource, buying the SR potion and aquired resource, via both skill sets, maximizing gains.

Now you say that you cant maximize your gains no matter how you spend resources !
This also means that the ToD quest gather X SE in duels are practicly only compleatable by EH players ! A DD player would have to get a fat cow and milk it or use Temple decree.
That wont work on high levels, since no one that reaches the 65+ levels keep that much SE on them for any reason !

I respectfully ask that you revise this idiotic rule, since it removes a valid tactic, and offers no gains for either DD or EH players, only makeing each ones game harder, and turning Events that use Event points a major resource lose, since we get much more XP/SE this way, slowing both down, at best at worst simply enhancing the EH over DD even further.
Pontszám: 5
Oldal: 123
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője