Szerző
Topic neve: About Doomlord
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
About Doomlord
1. hozzászólás - 2009.12.27. 08:31:08
Some more detailed information on who made Doomlord and other background information.

Beholder Ltd. is a Hungarian gaming company, was founded in 1992. We started with publishing play-by-mail games. They were very successful, our first pbm game, Land of Survivors is still running with many players, but of course it runs now in email, rather than in "snail mail". It's a really huge game, developed continually in the past 17 years, with an insane number of monsters, items, spells, quests and other content. We have player who play it since the beginning.
We also publish books, and we have our own trading card game, named Cards of Power, which is the most popular tcg in Hungary.
Although Doomlord is not our first internet game, it's the first game which we decided to make international, after seeing it's success. 50,000 players is not a big number ion the international market, but pretty good in such a small country like Hungary. The HU Doomlord has 4 worlds currently, 2 normal worlds, 1 with special rules ("peaceful world", where the player-vs-player concept is less savage), and a limited-time world, which has set winning conditions - if a clan attains that, the world ends, and the winners get reward.
We are well aware of our strengths and weaknesses. The main advantage of the game is that is has much more content, more goals than the usual internet games. We are adding continous developments to the game, for this reason, many players play it for a long time. In addition, our game is far the cheapest on the market. The weakness, the design is not as stunning as it might be. We are working on this currently, an expert is redesigning the whole page. Also we don't have the vast amount of money to do huge marketing campaign. So we rely more on players recommending the game to their friends. Please note that the game has a built-in recommendation system (recommendation button). Use it, and you not only gain in-game advantage, but you can use the premium functions for free!
We continue to develop Doomlord, continually improve the game, based on the players suggestion. We hope you enjoy this game as much as we did making it.
Pontszám: 7
averageBow9
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: About Doomlord
2. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 02:18:31
How do you get pets? I am lvl 5 and have done a lot of hunting, but never come across any way to get a pet, yet other lvl5's have them.
Pontszám: 5
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.02.03. 08:26:23 (Válasz Bow9 #2 hozzászólására.)
This isn't the right topic but I'll answer.
You need to have the trapping skill.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedtrouble
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.02.06. 13:12:11
i think there should be a building which increases your absorption and magic absorption
A hozzászólást trouble módosította 2010.02.06. 13:12:37-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.02.23. 08:15:09
Can you Miklos post more about the game and about the makers ?

Like how did they think about the game , future game ideas or plans and so on ...

Ps : can you please remove the last post about pets and magic absorption or move them to the right topic .
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.02.26. 21:04:53
Can an entire post be made with all skills and everything ? Thanks
Pontszám: 4
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.02.26. 21:35:09 (Válasz Jerko #6 hozzászólására.)
It's already done, Jerko. Here you go.

http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,26.0
very popularLord DestinyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.04.06. 17:44:23
I wrote two posts, I put them into this topic too. I hope I get reassuring answer for them. Thanx!

I'm very glad with the new event, but I hope we don't need to wait for the known event from the hungarian server, because it would be usefull at most 6th level, or there will be necessary for some compensation. I hope it would be in time in the game.

I think that is very troublesome when a biding finishes and the next item appears after one or one and a half day. I hope you can make some automatic method which put the new item after few minutes, or please decrease the bidding time with the time of waiting.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageThe Harjawalder
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.08.10. 19:49:12
Where can I read about the stats and their attributes.

I by this think of, witch attributes do I get from upgrading my stats.
- Like how many points do I have to upgrade my strength with to get additional damage multiplier, or other positive/negative side effects?
- Like how much wil my HP rize if I add points to my constitution, if constiturion means endurance?

I do belive I got an introduction of this when I first started the game, but I do not remember the details anymoore.
A hozzászólást The Harjawalder módosította 2010.08.10. 19:50:17-kor
averageThe Harjawalder
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.08.10. 19:55:01 (Válasz The Harjawalder #9 hozzászólására.)
I know the description in the, Handy Doomlord List.
I'm looking for moore details, if that is availible.
A hozzászólást The Harjawalder módosította 2010.08.10. 19:56:58-kor
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.08.10. 23:37:59 (Válasz The Harjawalder #9 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: The Harjawalder - 2010.08.10. 19:49:12
- Like how many points do I have to upgrade my strength with to get additional damage multiplier, or other positive/negative side effects?
- Like how much wil my HP rize if I add points to my constitution, if constiturion means endurance

I haven't seen any formulas regarding the other stats, but HP and SP are both functions of level * constitution and level * magic, respectively. I.e. if you buy a point of constitution, your HP will go up by your level, and if you buy a point of magic, your SP will go up by your level. And when you gain a level, your HP and SP will go up by the value of your constitution and magic.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.08.11. 04:19:00 (Válasz The Harjawalder #9 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: The Harjawalder - 2010.08.10. 19:49:12
Where can I read about the stats and their attributes.

I by this think of, witch attributes do I get from upgrading my stats.
- Like how much wil my HP rize if I add points to my constitution, if constiturion means endurance?

I do belive I got an introduction of this when I first started the game, but I do not remember the details anymoore.

Its much more simple than you imagine. Every point you add to your strength, it increases your damage by a few points (if someone knows a formula please explain it further). There are no thresholds of an ability that will give you the next level lets say of damage or a damage multiplier. As for effects, again there are no effects, positive or negative. You increase an ability, it gets better at what it does. Thats all.
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 16:19:18
To all who are interested: Clan Throtmor just recently finished construction of it's new website. In an effort to bring more of the game together I am looking to link other clans who may have websites. We are a Sapphire clan, but any clans are welcome to have their link posted on our site. Also, if anyone knows of other Doomlord related sites that are not clan sites (I already have the Caveat page) please also let me know. Please contact Nerdears in game or leave me a message here and I will check back.
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 18:41:42 (Válasz ImLittleJon #11 hozzászólására.)
To be more precise:

SP=level*magic*0.9+72
HP=level*constitution+180

The time your HP and SP take to regenerate from 0 to max is independent from magic and constitution. So if you have double as many max HP, you'll recover double as many HP/hour as well. The same goes for SP.

As for the other abilities, they're a mystery to me...
I'm really not sure about the percentages at which they increase your damage or chances to hit/block.
If you want to have an indication, it would be best to test things out by attacking one another repeatedly with some different characters, who all invested in different abilities. Just have everyone in your clan create a character on one of the other servers and you can legally test it out without it getting in the way of your normal play
unpopularFerociter
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.11.13. 11:10:50
Has the additional duel point cost when weary always been in the game? It seems a little unfair. If someone wants to fight a battle at a disadvantage, why would any further negative effects take place? If anything, it should cost less duel points!
averageWocsokFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.12.30. 09:46:17
Vote for Doomlord!
http://contest.bbgsite.com/gameprize/webapps/index.php? controller=prizeitem&id=2
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2012.08.07. 10:17:01
Nice new format.

Thx.
E.
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: About Doomlord . Dim.Gate crystals
18. hozzászólás - 2012.08.07. 10:39:58 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #17 hozzászólására.)
Topic: smaller dim. gate crystals

Question: How can we see the statistics of a Gem we have won from D.G.?
(It used to let you see the details when moving above or clicking upon it... only now I do not see any information... also not on the left upper side)
Possebility: It might perhaps pop-up in the left-upper corner; but than; you cannot consult it anymore due to the need of scrolling down... if not having a hugh screen

thx
E.
A hozzászólást Bartessica Slam módosította 2012.08.07. 11:12:13-kor
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: About Doomlord - Wheel of Fortune
19. hozzászólás - 2012.08.07. 11:07:33 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #17 hozzászólására.)
Topic: Wheel of Fortune - Roll the wheel

Question: Is it possible we cannot activate the Wheel of Fortune (yet)?
E.
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: About Doomlord - Wheel of Fortune
20. hozzászólás - 2012.08.07. 12:06:56 (Válasz Bartessica Slam #19 hozzászólására.)
... I now tried "Mozilla" (standard = Microsoft Explorer) .... AND IT WORKS!!!
Anyone, any idea why?
E.
Oldal: 12
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője