Szerző
Topic neve: Combat
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Combat
1. hozzászólás - 2010.03.23. 22:34:21
This is the topic for combat discussion. Did someone with 100 less ability total just beat you? Did you defeat a higher level player? Do you have some advice to share about combat? Post it here!

As for starter, here are some basic info on combat:

Spells.
"Success" of spell depends on comparison of your IQ. If your IQ is 10 points higher than your opponents, you have 10% more chance to hit with your spell at full impact. But regardless of how big is the difference, there is always a minimum and maximum chance for success (luck modifies this min/max). Spell criticals add +30% damage. If a spell doesn't hit, it still deals 25-50% of the normal damage.

Melee.
Melee compares your attack plus level versus your opponent's defense. If your atk+lvl = your opponents def, there is an 50% chance that you will hit. If your atk is 30 higher, you will have 80% to hit - and 20% to miss. THere is always a maximum and minimum chance for hit. Damage is based on weapon damage and strength. Strength gives a random factor, so the damage can vary a lot! Melee criticals double the weapon damage.

Pets.
Pets hit chance does not depend on your attack, but their damage depend on your damage capacity. So if your str higher, your weapon is better, your pets deal more damage when they hit. Pets don't do critical damage.
Pontszám: 5
averageArdwennem2
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Combat
2. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 20:49:39
what happens if your hitpoints go to 0?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.03.27. 00:50:44 (Válasz Ardwennem2 #2 hozzászólására.)
You can't duel until it regenerates back to 10% of your health.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.03.29. 04:52:28 (Válasz Ardwennem2 #2 hozzászólására.)
To be accurate: if you get a KO from an enemy, the lowest HP you can reach is 1. You cant die in this game. And as long as you are under 15% of your maximum HP, you can't attack and also protected from attacks! Ideal state for hunt.
If you want to attack a lower level opponent, the target must have HP +5%/level difference in addition to the 15%! (So if you attack a 2 lvl lower opponent, he must have 15%+(2*5%)=25% HP, to execute the attack. This is for the protection of the lower level players.
A hozzászólást Boar módosította 2010.03.29. 05:05:39-kor
much likedHrusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
75 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.04.07. 09:45:29
How does absorption from pets work?
My pets have 52 and 44 absorption but I can't say I got inflicted 96 melee damage less from opponents.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.04.07. 10:12:51 (Válasz Hrus #5 hozzászólására.)
Do not count the damages from spells. Pets don't have spell resistance. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.04.07. 14:00:13 (Válasz Hrus #5 hozzászólására.)
Pet absorption is not cumulative. You get the average absorption between all your equipped pets. So, I believe that would make your absorption 48.
averagedr pablo
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 07:58:26
Can anyone explain how do you execute an oponnent?
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 09:43:30
You need a skill. Learning 15

If your opponent has less hit points at the end of battle than your execution level multiplied by 5, you will win the battle without reference to the damage caused. If both player would be able use execution, than the winner is the one with the higher skill. If you execute your opponent, the SE you gain is also increased, in ratio with the difference of your execution skill.
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.05.11. 09:43:47-kor
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 14:11:21
At the moment I'm using the 30 duel points/day option, so I'm only able to attack players with the same or higher level than me.
Can anyone tell me how much lower levelled characters I can attack if I change my setting to 15/day.

Would be nice with a public formula for this information, as changing back takes 48 hours.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 14:39:50 (Válasz MartinBV #10 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.11. 14:11:21
At the moment I'm using the 30 duel points/day option, so I'm only able to attack players with the same or higher level than me.
Can anyone tell me how much lower levelled characters I can attack if I change my setting to 15/day.

Would be nice with a public formula for this information, as changing back takes 48 hours.

AFAIK, you can attack two levels lower.

However, if you duel more than 15 times a day; you will end up having to wait for points to recover.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 15:21:22 (Válasz MartinBV #10 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.11. 14:11:21

Depends on your level. Initially, it's only one level lower. Around 10, I think, it switches to 2 levels. At 13, for sure, it switches to 3 levels. That's as far as I've gotten.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.10.03. 03:52:54 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #7 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.04.07. 14:00:13
Pet absorption is not cumulative. You get the average absorption between all your equipped pets. So, I believe that would make your absorption 48.

Sorry for necroing this but I m not sure I understand how this works.
So if the pet absortion is just an average what is the point in having more than one pet in the fight?
If this is true it is better to have 1 pet with absortion on 40 than 4 with 35.
But if every pets absortion is counted and added why would it use average of their absortion instead of just using exact numbers for each one added up?
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.10.03. 07:13:13 (Válasz dark22 #13 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.10.03. 03:52:54
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.04.07. 14:00:13

Sorry for necroing this but I m not sure I understand how this works.
So if the pet absortion is just an average what is the point in having more than one pet in the fight?
If this is true it is better to have 1 pet with absortion on 40 than 4 with 35.
But if every pets absortion is counted and added why would it use average of their absortion instead of just using exact numbers for each one added up?

The point of having more than one pet is to get more damage, if the pets absorption did stack, you would end up in a situation where no-one could damage someone with 3 or 4 high level pets.

In your examples one pet with 40 absorption protects you from 40 damage and deals up to around 20 damage, per combat round, the 4 with an average of 35 protects you from 35 damage, but deals up to around 4 x 16 per combat round.

So you'd still win more fights with the 4 pets.

P.s. I'm not 100% sure of the exact damage numbers per pet at different levels, but they are not totally off.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.10.04. 00:16:17
I understand but if average is taken, than it sucks. I for example don't need the pets damage, which is really low (in fact I m having trouble completing "let your pet do more damage than..." quest now cause even with mace and blinding light on -50 to-70 and lvl 30 pets I make more damage then them).

And if absortion average is taken by making lets say lvl 10 base lvl 30 pet will actually downgrade my asorption when in combo with 2 lvl 30 base lvl 20 pets. Why then did I spent all those SE to get horde making to 30 or 60?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.10.04. 04:20:02 (Válasz dark22 #15 hozzászólására.)
The solution to this is to get 4 pets of the same base level and train them at the same time before calling them to fight using the kennel. That way they are all at the same absorption and the average is actual you would get if fighting with any one of them. As for damage, i have 3 now with an avg damage, when they all hit, of 100+. That accumulates to 500-600+ damage until the end of the duel. I went for it after noticing that i got beat up at the championship by the difference a players 4 pets made at damage while the one i had then did little to counter this.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2010.10.04. 15:28:43 (Válasz dark22 #15 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.10.04. 00:16:17
I understand but if average is taken, than it sucks. I for example don't need the pets damage, which is really low (in fact I m having trouble completing "let your pet do more damage than..." quest now cause even with mace and blinding light on -50 to-70 and lvl 30 pets I make more damage then them).

Remember that pet damage is a function of player potential damage. So when you equip your mace, the damage your pet does is also reduced.

Idézet: dark22 - 2010.10.04. 00:16:17
And if absortion average is taken by making lets say lvl 10 base lvl 30 pet will actually downgrade my asorption when in combo with 2 lvl 30 base lvl 20 pets. Why then did I spent all those SE to get horde making to 30 or 60?

To me, it seems that the greater damage caused more than balances out the reduction in absorption. But I will point out that in the discussion so far, only two possibilities have been brought up: status quo (averaging) or stacking (adding up). There is a third possibility, where you just use the max absorption among the fighting pets. That would make it obvious that an additional pet is a benefit, without breaking the game. If the powers that be were convinced that a) the status quo was not ideal, and b) it was worth actually changing code, this would take their programmers 5 minutes to change. Of course, that would involve the existence of some route of communication from the users to the powers that be...
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2010.10.13. 13:42:57
The description of the hordes say that ruby players have advantage in combat.
How does it affect the (attack+level)/opp. defense ratio?

Cruel.
much likedBabeTheOxFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
125 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2011.11.25. 08:26:42
i have a question Sort of about Combat... i should be able to attack someone every 3.5 hours presently...... my understanding is, to be able to duel someone, you need a duel point, they need to have over 15% of their hp left, they cannot have been attacked in the last 5 min , nor possibly so many times in another time frame .... i have one person i want to attack, and it has been 6 hours since my last attack against them... they have had the min hp for 3 hours now.....(i check very often thru scry) ... no one has attacked them. (at least there has been nothing but a slow regen of their hp)... what am i missing here??? we are even at war with them presently
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2011.11.25. 09:55:01
There are other ways than duels to get rid of HP; Dimension gate battles, and Epic battles.

If this person knows you are hunting him, he/she might be suicideing against the Epic monster every time he/she comes out from the 15%.

Also, when you are at War you can attack people from the other Clan every hour, independently of Continium diminution.
Oldal: 12
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!