Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz evaluation rules and updates
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Quiz evaluation rules and updates
1. hozzászólás - 2010.05.19. 11:54:14
This new topic was created to help evaluators post what they expect from the questions posted and report any changes done to the quiz evaluation progress due to players suggestions/complains. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING HERE, COMMENT ON THE OTHER QUIZ TOPICS AS USUAL. This way any player can look up these information fast and easy.
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz evaluation rules and updates
2. hozzászólás - 2010.05.19. 12:00:10
To stop complains about what the evaluation of some question means i would like to post a bit of explanation about them.

1. Misspelling: It can mean you have a spell error, syntax error(capital cities or countries spelled with lower case letters for example), bad phrasing (eg. which country is in lake X instead of which country is lake X in) OR you used the wrong symbol at the question or answers (eg. What animal is a fly. It should be .....is a fly?)

2. Already in database: Except from the obvious, this can mean there are too many of the same kind in database. So if you post 3-4 on the same subject and they all get that evaluation then go for something else.

3. Badly shaped: You either used wrong way of expressing your question or the answers make little sense, although they are not wrong. For example: Who is John?
The answers might be ok but how can the person answering know which John you mean?

4. Irrelevant lexical: If you ask about events, information or facts that are true, but no real value comes out of knowing them (eg. How much money you get for selling a gold armor in X rpg game or how many fingers does 10 hands have)

5. Too easy or mathematical: That can also mean you posted a question of the type: ""What comes next in sequence...."" as well as 1+1=?.

The rest we feel are self explanatory.

These are just guidelines to help understand the evaluation. The 1 and 2 reasons can be used also to give a player the chance to post something else and not loose the question, have that in mind before you complain about it.

A much bigger post is being created and will be here shortly to give an update of what ALL evaluators will consider as a good question. Thank you all for your suggestions, they are being considered trying to find a universal evaluating technic.

Please use the quiz rules debate topic to comment, DO NOT POST HERE.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.05.19. 12:00:23-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.05.26. 04:30:30
Here is a first draft of what will be, finally, the guidelines for evaluators when looking at questions. Also these will help anyone starting the game decide what type of questions to post.

1. Sport questions: You can post about any sport, as long as the question deals with casual info. So Asking about the size of the playing field, what is a home run, how many players in a team, what is an offside, what is the baseball referee wearing, what is a quarterback are examples of the maximum details of any sport rules that will be accepted. And ALWAYS mention the sport you are referring to. If you post on players, dont ask where they play, that changes very often so no real value comes from knowing. Also questions about teams should be restricted to the major clubs of any country.

2. Literature: Due to many justified complaints about the ""Who wrote that"" type of questions flooding the quiz, they will no longer be accepted. Only books that have been translated and circulate widely in English are accepted for any other kind of questions. Main character questions are ok (names, country the events take place, etc), more detailed questions like how many children they have in the book, what is the name of their pet etc are not accepted

3. History: Events from any part of the world are ok as long as they had a major impact at least on one nation or country. Inventions, wars, natural disasters, politics, anything is good as long as it follows that rule. Example of bad question: ""What year did the 12th president of X country died"" Dates should be widely spaced, so if something happened at 1809, put as answers at least (approximate suggestions)1830, 1809, 1821, 1789, not 1809, 1810, 1808,1807. The idea is that a player that has some idea of the event to make an educated guess, not scroll through google to find the date.

4. Geography: Capitals of the world have enough questions, so please dont post about any capitals any more. Anything else should be ok, again do not go into details like what is the second largest forest in Europe. The largest anything in a county/continent will be the limit

5. Movies/Comics/Video games: Not accepted - Dates of sequels release, specifics about the story or content (much like literature), anything a person HAS to watch/read/play the title to know what you are referring to.
Accepted - Original release date, main characters, famous tag lines, etc.

So, please post your comments in the quiz evaluation debate area, say what you thing about it and any changes you propose. Do not debate about the need to have such guidelines, that is a given. Use the forum to shape its final form please.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.05.26. 04:32:31-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.06.04. 19:32:42
Because it seems the ""None of the above"" is a favourite of many players let me just stress out it will not be accepted as a valid answer. Posting questions with the option to actually deny the whole thing is not considered a good question. So just post a 4th option instead of that please. And in the same way, do not post questions and then put as the right answer something that cancels the whole question (like Where was X person born? and the correct answer or even one of the options is: He didnt exist)
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.06.10. 18:52:22
I am posting this to all quiz forums because some seem to either not know or do not care to check:

I have created a topic under quiz section where i post why i rejected a question and what can be done to fix it for re submition (if possible). That takes quite some time and effort but i do it willingly to help the players with their questions. Some keep re posting the same question as it is. So that is a fair warning i give: If i get the same question 2 times EXACTLY the same, i will mark the player. If i see after that the same issue, trying to re post questions again exactly the same, i will give the delete evaluation and he will loose for a while the right to post. I hate to do this, but i hope i will not have to. So check under "Why did i reject a question" before you re submit. If i rejected it, it will be there (unless i gave the already in database)

Please do not make me regret i took the time to created the topic.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.06.19. 15:22:04
The ""All of the above"" answer will be rejected with the misspelling evaluation since the answers are mixed every time. Therefore it makes no sense when it is not the last answer. Also please try to use similar expressions less, its better if the questions have one answer.
much likedvajenka
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.07.06. 17:45:56
I wonder if such a questions are really part of general knowledge?

Which N.H.L. team listed here is not an "original 6" member?
irritatingFLO2
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.07.23. 00:22:31
What up with the new question proceedure? The old worked find ! RETURN to the old, please. It is one of the reason for playing.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.07.23. 03:44:16 (Válasz FLO2 #8 hozzászólására.)
The new procedure was put in action due to many complains about the old one. Actually you are the first one complaining about it since it was launched. But feel free to explain what is that bothers you with it, maybe it can be changed if the other players agree
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.09.02. 16:05:57
I would like to know who and how evaluates the adventures?
I have few comments regarding it: first of all it took 3 weeks to evaluate my Adventure. The comment I recieved was:
"Your adventure has been rejected. Explanation: Nem jó a történet
Haha, funny, but no, sorry, this adventure does not fit here"

Could someone translate the hungarian words in it?

Now I would like the evaluator to answer this himself: where does it say that the adventure has to be set in medieval/fictional world with mages and dragons? Where does it say that an advanture can not be set in modern times? I believe that I have written a very amusing adventure, easy and nice to read with a moral aspect. Although it was rejected, I am not happy with the explanation of whoever evaluated it. As I believe that there is nothing wrong with it, I would like to re-evaluate my adventure or at least start a discussion about adventures.
averageauntiggy
Végzetúr poronty
22 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.09.03. 23:14:18
The adventure we write - are they used in the forum? I seriously doubt I will write an adventure as the evaluation for it already sounds as flawed as the quiz evaluation of which I stopped writing those. Besides, why should I write something for this game and get no profit from it? Same with the quiz questions. We write these things which keeps your game going and we still have to pay for premium membership. I don't need diamonds that badly. You can't win at this game without premium membership anyway and some of these players are so far advanced that they can't be beaten, so when my premium membership runs out I'm done. It's pointless for me to keep spending money on a losing game.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.09.03. 23:55:06 (Válasz auntiggy #11 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: auntiggy - 2010.09.03. 23:14:18
You can't win at this game without premium membership anyway and some of these players are so far advanced that they can't be beaten, so when my premium membership runs out I'm done. It's pointless for me to keep spending money on a losing game.

By many metrics, the top player in W2 is MsPiggy, who I believe has never spent one cent (that's an extremely small unit of American currency, for you Euros out there ) on the game. I've got premium equipment now, but I didn't for a long time, and I did fine. I broke down and got the better equipment because I couldn't compete in the championship without it. I never buy premium status, except when I want to name my pets. And I'm #4 in SE differential. So it's definitely possible to do well in this game without spending money. Get in a good, active clan with experienced players and ask for pointers, and you'll find yourself doing better and enjoying yourself more.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.09.04. 04:14:13 (Válasz ImLittleJon #12 hozzászólására.)
Premium membership gives some bonuses for those that pay, but it was mentioned by the creators of the game that is not something neccessary to advance succesfully. I pay from the start because its the way i approach any game: I want to have full access to every option.
averageRetardoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.09.24. 20:06:45
I got this great kind of quiz as a "bad, incorrect question"

"Which of these is not rock band?

Turbonegro
White Stripes
Hanzel Und Gretyl
Roots of Heaven
"

Because only special group knows the answer, muahaha.. All questions including United States should be banned and be "bad, incorrect" too, only special group knows the answer for them..

I have read more WORSE and more inaccurant, actually wrong answers,
so the question IS how DO I CAN GET TO EVALUATE questions and inform about the wrong answers & questions.

ps. this was my first quiz question and that is why I really am annoyed by this kind of response..
I'm really comin to inclusion that all this game is totally waste of time...

YOU EVEN CANNOT TAKE OFF YOUR SHIELD, WEAPON, NECKLACE OR ANYTHING THAT YOU WEAR,
COME on...!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.09.25. 05:03:32 (Válasz Retardo #14 hozzászólására.)
Lets say your complain its valid. It was a mistake to reject your question in other words. In another 30 you can post a new one (it used to be 100, it was dropped to make rejected questions less painfull). The evaluator is human, made a mistake (just taking this approach, i am not saying this is the case since i did not evaluate your question). You complain about it naturally, thats why the forum is here. How the US got into this complain it escapes me, i let it go. There are bad questions running in the quiz, there were a lot more before players reported them and were removed/changed. So feel free to give your example as well. Now if that, combined with the fact you cannot remove items makes this game a waste of time for you then i assure you neither will change so its up to you what to do. Regardless of the evaluators best efforts mistakes will still keep happening like everything in life. Items will still be unremovable, its the way the game is.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageRetardoFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
10 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.09.25. 13:25:40
Thank you for answering, and so quick too. I appreciate it!
I thought that the evaluation of questions would be a large group of players evaluation,
then one rejecting would be just a cry in the wind, and majority of players would decide.

Sorry if the letter was bitter, I was only little bit of disapointed, as I said it was my first quiz question.
But I think I keep comin' here, even this is a waste of time

Good Luck everyone!
averageneurotic
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Change the answer
17. hozzászólás - 2010.10.18. 13:47:38
In error I marked wrong answer to my own question (used spacebar instead of the mouse click) - can I withdraw it or change it before it gets marked invalid? Can I ask some of the administrators or judges to change it before it get evaluated?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Change the answer
18. hozzászólás - 2010.10.19. 03:04:45 (Válasz neurotic #17 hozzászólására.)
There is no way to change it once it is submitted, but if you post the question on the errors forum, the evaluators can keep an eye out for it.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2010.11.14. 23:53:14
Suggestion to evaluators... If you are rejecting question cause of spelling please do check is the question also already part of database or wrong on any other way. Having question turned down cause of bad spelling then resubmiting again with fixed spelling to see it rejected again cause of ambiguos answers or "already part of database" thingy can be frustrating. Not to mention it is double work for you as well.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2010.11.15. 00:28:35 (Válasz dark22 #19 hozzászólására.)
I would guess what you are experiencing is two different evaluators. The first sees a spelling error and the second one has seen the question before or sees a problem missed by the first.
Oldal: 12
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!