Szerző
Topic neve: Events - Forging the ultimate
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Events - Forging the ultimate
1. hozzászólás - 2010.10.05. 14:59:05
Okay doomlords and doomladies. I heard there are many of you that have event ideas or creative mind. In order to let your thoughts fly and release your minds I created this topic. You can post your event ideas here and the other players will comment. Hopefully we can create something that can be implemented and will be balanced so no player will have disadvantages. It's great for the developers and the players aswell.

How it will work: If we have a raw idea, that has potential I'll make a locked topic with it's name and constantly uptade with the information we discuss here so we'll have 1 post that contains the whole event in detailed version.

Hopefully I won't have to lock and delete this topic. Best wishes.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.10.05. 15:12:57-kor
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Events - Forging the ultimate
2. hozzászólás - 2010.10.05. 18:27:58
How about an event where we all fight one massive monster (sort of like zarkond but we kill this one). Instead of keeping top ten score or spending se, keep track of the damage done to the monster versus the level of the player. As soon as the player reaches a threshold, it means he will be awarded an item or bonus when the monster dies. The higher threshold he reaches, the more the power of the item or the ammount of the bonus. Example: damage/level threshold 1000 gives a relic with +1% se from hunt lets say. If the player keeps attacking and reaches 5000, +2%se relic. 10000 give +3% etc. Max threshold can be set at which point the player can still help kill it but no higher reward will be given (but maybe he scores 2 or 3 times the damage as a bonus to that monster for reaching that high value)

The trick will be that if the monster does not die in 30 days, it escapes and no relics are awarded. Every attack will consume x ap or duel points but no hp loss (so even level 1 players can keep attacking as long as they have ap or dp)

This is a variation of an event i have seen in another browser game and was quite succesfull.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.10.05. 18:29:38-kor
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 05:22:18 (Válasz stekkos #2 hozzászólására.)
I see it has begun. ^_^

I like it very much. Let's discuss it.

So basically it would work like this:

Event name:
Event description:

Event goal: Destroy the Event_AI
IG_working: Every player has the chance to participate. The opponent is an event AI with massive amount of HP. Goal is to take down it's HP to 0 in a given period of time. Attacking the monster would consume AP/DP. (I thin if we only want AP and DP consuming it'd cause some inbalance. Players that are premium have the advantage to have more AP's stored at a time than regular players. Also there is the acceleration function.)

Rewards:
There would be thresholds with given amount damage reached. (Good idea but if no HP loss we can spend all our AP/DP's till zero and if we had maxed our Elementary fusion we'd gain AP's faster - giving disadvantage to level 1-2-3 etc players at the start.) If a player reaches a threshold he/she'll be given the relic that is at paired to the reached damage threshold. (Nice, I like it. No probs with it.) The monster could also drop healing potions and mana potions, also rings and necklances.

I pretty much like the idea. I hope with more users' opinions/ideas we can forge it to a complete event. It is now officially open for discussion.
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 13:04:39 (Válasz Kethios #3 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.06. 05:22:18

IG_working: Every player has the chance to participate. The opponent is an event AI with massive amount of HP. Goal is to take down it's HP to 0 in a given period of time. Attacking the monster would consume AP/DP. (I thin if we only want AP and DP consuming it'd cause some inbalance. Players that are premium have the advantage to have more AP's stored at a time than regular players. Also there is the acceleration function.)

Rewards:
There would be thresholds with given amount damage reached. (Good idea but if no HP loss we can spend all our AP/DP's till zero and if we had maxed our Elementary fusion we'd gain AP's faster - giving disadvantage to level 1-2-3 etc players at the start.) If a player reaches a threshold he/she'll be given the relic that is at paired to the reached damage threshold. (Nice, I like it. No probs with it.) The monster could also drop healing potions and mana potions, also rings and necklances.

I pretty much like the idea. I hope with more users' opinions/ideas we can forge it to a complete event. It is now officially open for discussion.

To keep the fairness you can always cap the max number of AP/DP's used /day to a fair number that wont advantage any free/premium player. This way participating will be at the players discretion. Also if a player wish to use more AP/DP's per day he can pay a SE fee that can depend on his level (like zarknod activation fee).
So basically you can:

1. Use free attacks
2. Pay for extra attacks if you want (to keep the competition spirit up).
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 13:31:46 (Válasz Dakaan #4 hozzászólására.)
Nice idea Dakaan.

So.. like this?

Global announcement 1 week before the start (so players can save up resources)
Free duels against the AI would consume DP's only.
Additional duels would cost SE that is determined by the players level. (to gain SE, users will hunt ergo spend their AP's)
A one use item could be dropped: +1 free duel
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 15:09:51 (Válasz Kethios #5 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.06. 13:31:46
Nice idea Dakaan.

So.. like this?

Global announcement 1 week before the start (so players can save up resources)
Free duels against the AI would consume DP's only.
Additional duels would cost SE that is determined by the players level. (to gain SE, users will hunt ergo spend their AP's)
A one use item could be dropped: +1 free duel

It sounds ok to me and i know that there are players that suggested the use of DP's in some events so this would be an interesting event for a change. Let's see if other players would comment on this and maybe come up with other ideas.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 19:41:25
To expand on the idea, there could be various rewards each linked to a different monster. Therefore they will be cycled to give players the chance to go for it again but keep the ones that got it the last time still interested to fight the next one for a different reward. If a player has the reward dropped by a monster can still attack and will be given reward for helping the others kill it even if he would get nothing (maybe call it helpers medallion??) It should give a minor boost like +1 at a skill
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 21:12:12
Perhaps limiting the AP/DP points you can spend a day would balance the difference between low/high lvl players (high elementary and premium would be an advantage) on a way that you can spent only your daily gained AP/DP+ lets say 20%. That would disable massing out resources and then attacking at once, but at the same time would enable people that are absent for few days to spend all their AP/DPs on event but over longer period of time.
Perhaps + penalty for that day would be good if someone decides they want to spend AP/DP afterall, maybe auction house style, where you can continue attacking after you spend your daily AP/DP+20% points you have to spend lets say 10 x lvl SE for every next fight + 100% raise.
So after spending daily AP/DP points next attack for lvl 20 player would be 200 SE, after that attack next would be 400SE, after that 800 SE, 1600 SE etc.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2010.10.06. 21:42:12 (Válasz dark22 #8 hozzászólására.)
I think there should be a second part to it as well - not only do you have to kill the creature, but you also have to capture it. This will get the Builders involved. So a player can use either DP/AP to attack it (doing damage), or they can use Magic/Manaconstruction or SE/Building (or even Crystals or BOAS for bigger building bonuses) to build the cage/portal. As mentioned before, the rewards can be tiered based on participation/level - with an all-or-none success rate. And this accomplishes several things:

a) This would currently be a very dueler-centric event (damage per level), adding the second part would open it up to ALL players
b) Opens the possibility of two rewards to those who participate to an extreme level (and have developed well-rounded characters)
c) Either side can cause the task to fail, so it opens a whole new area of competition and cooperation
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2010.10.07. 04:54:35 (Válasz stekkos #7 hozzászólására.)
You got a point. How about starting the event with like 3 monsters with different HP and rewards so players would have a chance to decide wether they want the bigger HP one to defeat for the best reward between the given time period or defeat the 2 others with lesser rewads. Like:

EventAI_1: HP 1 mill
Reward: Skillmasters sphere - +5 to a skill's max level

EventAI_2: HP 700k
Reward: Plague of the unforgiven - +1 trade, +1 to spectral manipulation (can exceed the cap)

EventAI_3: HP 550k
Reward: Hunters' amulet - +1%SE to each hunt

So basically they can decide to try to beat the one mill HP one or try to beat 2 of the lesser HP ones. They given time period shall not allow to beat all the 3 AIs.. only 2.

Opinions?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2010.10.07. 05:00:48 (Válasz dark22 #8 hozzászólására.)
This is a good idea aswell. There shall be a penalty during the event as you mentioned. Like HP/mana regeneration, or maybe -% to hunts/cannot attack players until 1 hour after an event battle. The event can be like the Map. Each player shall nominate beofre it starts so we could avoid not participating players to get the disadvantages by the penalties.

The additional battle penalty is good. lvl*%SE*No of tries*variable(=raises with player level)
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2010.10.07. 05:06:19 (Válasz Viridel #9 hozzászólására.)
How about this?

Event start could have 2 possible variation at nominating for each player:

1. Banish the AI to another dimension using a special dimension gate.
(Players would have to activate pylons like they did in Zarknod but wouldn't have to fight AIs. We could simply define an amount of total building that needs to be done to banish the AI and the reward thresholds for it.)

2. Defeat the AI.
(the above fights, AP/DP etc.)
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2010.10.07. 05:23:39 (Válasz Kethios #10 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.07. 04:54:35
You got a point. How about starting the event with like 3 monsters with different HP and rewards so players would have a chance to decide wether they want the bigger HP one to defeat for the best reward between the given time period or defeat the 2 others with lesser rewads. Like:

EventAI_1: HP 1 mill
Reward: Skillmasters sphere - +5 to a skill's max level

EventAI_2: HP 700k
Reward: Plague of the unforgiven - +1 trade, +1 to spectral manipulation (can exceed the cap)

EventAI_3: HP 550k
Reward: Hunters' amulet - +1%SE to each hunt

So basically they can decide to try to beat the one mill HP one or try to beat 2 of the lesser HP ones. They given time period shall not allow to beat all the 3 AIs.. only 2.

Opinions?

Not crazy about the multi-creature options for the simple reason that each player may be interested in a different artifact, so you have partial damage to all three creatures - but none actually get killed. The tier system on one creature can work the same way as above - hit 4000HP/Level to get the +1SE, hit 9000 HP/Level to get the +1/+1, hit 15000/Level to get the +5 - just all on the one creature.

For the Builders side, build Level x 50%Level x 100 to get the L1 artifact (80k total for a L40 character), Level x 80%Level x 100 to get the L2 (128k for a L40), Level x 120%Level x 100 for the L3 (192k for L40) - and have a 10k "minimum buy-in". Manaconstruction can be used, but only counts 25%.

And YES, you CAN complete both sides simultaneously.

One creature, one cage, unified effort.
Pontszám: 7.50
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2010.10.07. 22:07:33
This is starting to look very promising.
I m not so sure about the whole all or nothing idea though, it might be better if it would just run perpetually until the demands are fullfiled.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2010.10.08. 04:33:21
I dont like the penalty during the event idea, the point of the event should be to add something to the game but not take away from it. So if one day i want to skip the event and hunt i shouldnt be penalised for it. The reward itself should be the insentive for attacking, not the penalty. As for the builders not being able to participate, this can also be fixed by having them attacking the same monster like the fighters but they total damage done can be calculated as a formula including level of player, level of strength, attack, IQ, and thamaturgy.

That way for the players will be simple: Keep hitting it! For the developers and coders it will need a bit of work to establish the actual formula but after this is done and tested, it will run itself.

Basically i propose any way that will end up with one monster, one kind of reward per tier of the monster (so tier 1 will give lets say +1 to a skill and tier 2 +2 to the same skill, not a completely different reward than tier 1), and no penelties whatsoever, with the exeption of loss in DP, AP or both
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2010.10.08. 05:14:40 (Válasz stekkos #15 hozzászólására.)
I would remain at my idea about the 2 different start.

1. For fighters
2. For builders

Making a formula for builders is way too hard. A spellcaster has almost the same stats high as the builders so they could be phenomenoms when giving out the rewards if we go with the attacking of the AI for both types. That's why I suggest to have 2 different start. So after a player signed it, the script would know who is a builder and who is a fighter.

The no penalty system.. I'm good with it. Not necessary to have penalty. (basically we want to make users happy aren't we? )

Tier system is okay for me. Needs further work with the reward items and threshold cap numbers.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2010.10.08. 21:18:28 (Válasz stekkos #15 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.10.08. 04:33:21
I dont like the penalty during the event idea, the point of the event should be to add something to the game but not take away from it. So if one day i want to skip the event and hunt i shouldnt be penalised for it. The reward itself should be the insentive for attacking, not the penalty. As for the builders not being able to participate, this can also be fixed by having them attacking the same monster like the fighters but they total damage done can be calculated as a formula including level of player, level of strength, attack, IQ, and thamaturgy.

That way for the players will be simple: Keep hitting it!

Spoken like a true Dueler

Builders (tend to) have lower DF and CON, therefore they will be legitimately incapable of attacking as often as a more battle-ready character. Having the attack credit conditional on AT/IQ/ST creates more headache and complaints than simply running the Attack/Build tasks simultaneously.

For the developers and coders it will need a bit of work to establish the actual formula but after this is done and tested, it will run itself.

Basically i propose any way that will end up with one monster, one kind of reward per tier of the monster (so tier 1 will give lets say +1 to a skill and tier 2 +2 to the same skill, not a completely different reward than tier 1), and no penalties whatsoever, with the exception of loss in DP, AP or both

Tier of the monster, or tier of participation level? If you tier the monster, then L1 and L50 have VASTLY different result in the outcome - basically a L1 can ride on coattails once they've hit their minimum. You want to drive participation, not create loopholes.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2010.10.09. 09:16:45 (Válasz Viridel #17 hozzászólására.)
As i said at the first post, the idea is a tier system based on the damage done (which will be calculated taken into consideration the players level and stats). So anyone that keeps attacking it will be able to reach max tier. And also no hp loss so constitution and defence will not be a factor. Only IQ, THAMA, ATT, STR. But the problem i see is the equipment, damage from spell of weapons will be also a mess to factor in, any ideas?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2010.10.09. 09:37:27 (Válasz stekkos #18 hozzászólására.)
Don't want to involve player attributes in formula calculation. It's a pain. Level and overall AS should count in the formula.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2010.10.10. 18:26:07 (Válasz Kethios #19 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.09. 09:37:27
Don't want to involve player attributes in formula calculation. It's a pain. Level and overall AS should count in the formula.

I agree... No point in making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Creature has 5.0M HP, regeneration of 1% daily?
Cage takes 2.5M SE, degradation of 1% daily?

If you do damage greater than 20k per level, you get a L3 "Dueling" item
If you do damage greater than 12k per level, you get a L2 "Dueling" item
If you do damage greater than 5k per level, you get a L1 "Dueling" item

If you build greater than 10k per level, you get a L3 "Building" item
If you build greater than 6k per level, you get a L2 "Building" item
If you build greater than 2.5k per level, you get a L1 "Building" item

Attacking takes DP, can attack as often as able with DP limits. There is no "retaliation hit" (Attack of 0), the creature has a High IQ (don't know if it's possible, but a variable rate of 20+5x the attacking players level?), and an Attack-Dropping spell (no spell damage).

Using Manaconstruction works, but only records 25% towards the build totals.

The back story is this giant creature projects fear into the minds of all players, sapping their will to attack. This is why it needs no attack ability itself. Players suffer a 20% Attack penalty, but gain a 10% Defense advantage (due to cowering in fear) if they have not attacked the creature in the last 12 actual (not server-reset) hours. The creature has value to keep alive to reduce morale and likelihood of rebellion in the slave-camps, therefore the cage is necessary to transport the creature safely. The warden of the slave camp has commissioned the manufacture of certain rewards for those Doomlords who reach certain thresholds regarding the attack and capture of this creature.

There - Event done.
Oldal: 12
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!