Szerző
Topic neve: Events - Forging the ultimate
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Events - Forging the ultimate
21. hozzászólás - 2010.10.10. 22:17:33
All of these ideas are good, but I believe that from a script writer point of view all of that is way way too complicated to implement into the games engine. It is possible but it would take ages to get done.

For me personally this game is a bit too serious. I would like to suggest a tournament in worlds 1 and 2. In world 1 it would be "Give as much damage as possible to Lord of Fleish" and in world 2 "Give as much damage as possible to MsPiggy". As rewards we will get some spam onto our e-mails plus Lord of Fleish and MsPiggy will not be able to attack (EVER!) the guy who dealt the most damage.
Pontszám: 3.50
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
22. hozzászólás - 2010.10.10. 22:47:44 (Válasz petel87 #21 hozzászólására.)
Naive petel...
I can easily go back to full HP with manaregeneration
And on top of that, you can only attack 5 times in three hours, my HP regeneration should be able to keep up with that

Back to the drawing board? ^@^

By the way, Lord of Fleish, want to have a competition who can execute petel most often? oink oink!
A hozzászólást MsPiggy módosította 2010.10.10. 22:54:03-kor
Pontszám: 5
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
23. hozzászólás - 2010.10.10. 23:02:33 (Válasz MsPiggy #22 hozzászólására.)
Naive will be having the same nickname in the game as on the forum . Besides I don't even play in world 2 so don't worry I won't check your manaregeneration.
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
24. hozzászólás - 2010.10.11. 00:15:23
Don't underestimate the muppet's intelligence network! You should know it's impossible to hide from my snout We even used to be clanmates on w2 after all Mah, I noticed you left that server, so I won't be able to have a contest with LoF I guess
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
25. hozzászólás - 2010.10.11. 04:54:46 (Válasz Viridel #20 hozzászólására.)
I'll try to sum this up today, then forward it to the admins. Nice work evryone, let's see what they are thinking.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
26. hozzászólás - 2010.10.11. 04:59:59 (Válasz MsPiggy #22 hozzászólására.)
*adds moar spam*

Noo~ Let's keep it serious peeps.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
27. hozzászólás - 2010.10.14. 14:38:26 (Válasz Kethios #26 hozzászólására.)
Event name: Thagotur - Plauge of the Unforgiven

Event story:
Aeons ago in the world of Ghalla - long before the Enemy was even born the lands were full of life and there were different kinds of civilizations rising. There were the Childes of the Forest, an elvenkind nation which possessed knowlege that caused jealousy among the other tribes of the elvenkind. Time slowly passed and the hate towards the Childes were increasing. The Spawn of the Dark, the most black-hearted and dark tribe of the elves decided to take the Child's knowlege by force and started to merge the small hordes under the ribbon of the Spawns. The Childes of the forest believed in their power and knowlege so they didn't paid attention to the Spawn's threat. When they realized the true goals of the Spawns it was too late to gather their followers among the tribes so their elders decided to call for help.

That time the Galetki were a young but powerful nation which was feared for their fiery temper and brute strength but loved for their kindness. They were in good relations with the Childs since they learnt alot from the Foresteers - building, forging weapons and armors for example. On the other hand the Spawn of the Dark envied the Galetki for the Childs' knowlege being shared for them...

One day, the leader of the Spawns' hordes who was called Silodhyr Aeraetheil gathered his men around him and told them to start the preparations because they are going to battle the Childs' nation.. declare war on them, destroy their cities and take their knowlege by fire and steel.

-Believers of the Dark.. blood of me.. who follow me to death if I call for you. Eat well this evening... whisper a last prayer... sharpen your blades... we, are going to a battle that will shake whole Ghalla. Blood and death will follow our steps! To arms! - he said.

A little bit late but the Children of the Forest called for the Galetki to aid them in the forthcoming battle. Hundreds of fearsome galetki warriors left their lands to aid the Foresteers. Meanwhile, Silodhyr Aeraetheil's hordes were already breaking Ilovenyr - the Children's capital's gates. The bloody battle started. Thousands and thousands of souls were fallen from both sides and the Spawns seemed to win the battle. Silodhyr Aeraetheil started one last wave to massacre the Foresteer's last men erasing their existence from history. Ilovenyr was burnt down, it's building were in ruins when the Galetki forces arrived.

-About time. We can't let the Spawns win! To battle, my men.. For honor, for glory! - said the galetki commander.

The Galetki forces attacked the Spawn hordes from behind slaying them like butter. The remaining Foresteers noticed their ally engaging the battle and started to fight with renewed power. As the battle went on, the galetki commander was slain by Silodhyr Aeraetheil causing confusion among the Galetki forces. It seemed the Spawn will really win the battle as the Galetki had no leader and slowly started to lose their men.

There was only one thing remaining. The elders of the Foresteers gathered all their spiritual power and began a ritual that was even older than their history. Something that survived the Great Cataclysm. A chance to end this battle.

The Spawn hordes were battling the last legions of the Galetki hordes - a legion fighting under a strange ribbon. Suddenly, glaring light blinded every soul on the battlefield. Screams and growling could be heard. The elders succesfully finished the ritual. They sacrificed themselves in order to take the hordes of Spawn of Darkness with them into the abyss. Each remaining Foresteer opened their soul - absorbing the souls of the Spawn hordes. Silodhyr Aeraetheil was hard to defeat since his will was the strongest of all. Finally the elders managed to take down Silodhyr Aeraetheil and took him to the abyss.

The glaring light and the voices disappeared leveing the Galetki on the battlefield. They didn't understand what happened but know that they have to leave that place and never go back. Before they left, they burnt down the remaining buildings of Ilovenyr to prevent any forthcoming nation to steal the peaces of the knowlege that could remain under the ruins.

After the great battle of Ilovenyr the galetki nations were rising. They slowly forgot what happened in the past. The elvenkind became a legend.

*under finalization*
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.10.16. 05:54:26-kor
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
28. hozzászólás - 2010.10.14. 16:48:16
I like that this has been done so quickly and efficiently!! When I first saw this topic I was thinking it's going to jam packed with conflicting ideas but I am pleasantly surprised.

I like the idea, and I don't want to be too critical, but it sounds the same as an Epic battle basically (which are great), though we already have that function. Although I think it will be fun, I believe the best events are something which add another dimension to the game or simply variety. As a first event created by players (excluding hungarian servers) it is proof of the games flexibility.

I'm looking forward to seeing my misc tab turn red again
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
29. hozzászólás - 2010.10.14. 16:57:35 (Válasz Phalanxii #28 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.10.14. 16:48:16
I like that this has been done so quickly and efficiently!! When I first saw this topic I was thinking it's going to jam packed with conflicting ideas but I am pleasantly surprised.

I like the idea, and I don't want to be too critical, but it sounds the same as an Epic battle basically (which are great), though we already have that function. Although I think it will be fun, I believe the best events are something which add another dimension to the game or simply variety. As a first event created by players (excluding hungarian servers) it is proof of the games flexibility.

I'm looking forward to seeing my misc tab turn red again

It's not really like the Epic since it's a mixed event that makes all type of players get involved. This is more like a complete event that gives a chance to all builder/dueler/optimizer (or whatever build you might think) so it's a good thing. I hope we can all make new events full of fun for everyone and really help the developers keep this game going for a long time.
I really hope to see our (us and devs) first event in-game.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
30. hozzászólás - 2010.11.01. 22:21:00
We kinda got stuck here, is there any news Kethios?
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
31. hozzászólás - 2010.11.03. 14:29:09 (Válasz dark22 #30 hozzászólására.)
Yup, as soon as I'll have more free time I'll finish the background story and forward it to the admins.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
32. hozzászólás - 2010.11.13. 10:19:31
Thank you for this topic, it is indeed promising. Now that is is quite well formed, I would like to add my thoughts. The mechanics are all great, my observations are purely technical.

1.) About AP as a cost. My experience during the Zarknod event was that the most precise players calculated and compared the event reward to that they should have received if they spent the APs on hunting instead. There were many arguments over this, and at the end, we had to balance the ability bonus reward so it was exactly equal to if they would have hunted (including every possible bonus). So if we would like to use APs as a way to activate this, it would be the safest way to award the same SE and XP for each activation as we would for hunting.

2.) About DP as a cost. DP is less of a resource than AP, some players can't even use it all up. But with energy harness, it is becoming a resource too, so if we use it as a way to activate the event, we have to reward SE and XP, at least to those who have EH skill.

3.) About not taking damage during the attacking the monster: this is an interesting idea, however hit points, regeneration rate, ways to heal were always part of the game and a natural limit to number of activations. I would prefer to keep this, this way we don't have to limit number of activations per day. However, pets would get xp and morale from the fights, like during the Zarknod event.

4.) The number of mega-enemies, their hp, damage etc.
Number. There was the idea of having more than one enemy, and players can choose which to attack depending on the reward they wish. Yes, this has the danger of no monsters dieing due to players splitting their dps. It is much simpler if we have only one enemy, but at the end, players can choose from various rewards.
HP. This is a tough question. It is pretty difficult to calculate in advance the dps of the players, how many will be active etc. It is possible that the creature dies in 2 days, or it doesn't in the entire event time and players get nothing. Also don't forget that low level players can deal only a small proportion of high ones. A high level player can deal 10,000 dmg, while a low level can deal 50. A possible solution to this that there are indeed several monsters: each for every 10 level. Players of level 1-10 attack the tier 1 enemy, players of level 11-20 attack the tier 2 enemy, etc. If a group finishes off their opponent, they can attack the next higher level enemy. If there is none, they can attack the ones below. This way everyone fight a creature of their own league, and the monsters damage is in ratio to the players.

5.) Alternate (non-fighting) way to participate for soul-energy by building a cage. This is also a nice idea (although I do not believe that there are many pure builder main characters who never fight). There should be one big cage which anyone can build. The building would simply show on the clan panel, and could be built with manaconstrucion or for SE.
If we are worried about this slowing down building of clans, we can make an alternate building way, which can be activated once per day by each player.

6.) Rewards. As you said, there should be reward tiers, based on your performance. The tough job here is compare performance to level. Both dps and building potential are very dependant on level. For this reason, it would be much more simpler to give rewards based on the number of activations. How to work this for the building part - if someone does a manaconstruction with 100% mana, that would count as 1 activation. Building for as much SE as to raise luck by 1 point would count as 3 activation.
There should be rewards for killing, and rewards for building. I will compile a list of these later.

7.) i agree with Stekkos that there should be no penalty during this event.

8.) Story. Thank you for your great work, Kethios, I will make a few adjustments to ensure it is in harmony with the current world history.

9.) Implementation. Currently, we work on patching up the original servers latest developments. This will take some time, as well as starting a new map event. As an estimation, I can say that we can implement the above in January if all goes well.
Pontszám: 7.50
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
33. hozzászólás - 2010.11.13. 10:48:51 (Válasz Miklos #32 hozzászólására.)
Do as you wish Miklós. I don't really know the full galetki history. I agree to your ideas. Looks like we'll have a brand new event. Nice job everyone.
popularDakaanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
112 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
34. hozzászólás - 2010.11.13. 12:33:11
Even if it's in January it's nice. This is the first users made event and maybe the first players/mods/admin 100% cooperation. So we manage to get an event from the first try so it's a win-win situation.

Congratulations to all that helped and i can't wait to see it and play it.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
35. hozzászólás - 2010.11.13. 18:31:30
It was nice to hear from Miklos as we can't really know all the mehanics behind the game and difficulty level of implementing our ideas. Thanks Miklos and good job everyone;)
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
36. hozzászólás - 2010.11.13. 23:17:58 (Válasz Miklos #32 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.13. 10:19:31
Thank you for this topic, it is indeed promising. Now that is is quite well formed, I would like to add my thoughts. The mechanics are all great, my observations are purely technical.

1.) About AP as a cost. My experience during the Zarknod event was that the most precise players calculated and compared the event reward to that they should have received if they spent the APs on hunting instead. There were many arguments over this, and at the end, we had to balance the ability bonus reward so it was exactly equal to if they would have hunted (including every possible bonus). So if we would like to use APs as a way to activate this, it would be the safest way to award the same SE and XP for each activation as we would for hunting.

I don't disagree with this entirely - however - if the reward is a strong enough series of relics, how is the use of AP in a battle such as this any different than labour in the Auction house? I don't suggest APs for this event at all - it was the single biggest nightmare surrounding the Zankwad event - and this should be a DIFFERENT event anyways - not Zankwad 2.0

2.) About DP as a cost. DP is less of a resource than AP, some players can't even use it all up. But with energy harness, it is becoming a resource too, so if we use it as a way to activate the event, we have to reward SE and XP, at least to those who have EH skill.

EH is buggy now anyways, and I don't think (m)any count on it as a legitimate way to accumulate SE. As for the XP, meh, easy enough to add a nominal amount to each hit and that balances. Again though, if the relics are worth the cost, then there won't be complaints.

3.) About not taking damage during the attacking the monster: this is an interesting idea, however hit points, regeneration rate, ways to heal were always part of the game and a natural limit to number of activations. I would prefer to keep this, this way we don't have to limit number of activations per day. However, pets would get xp and morale from the fights, like during the Zarknod event.

The reason for this is to ensure that everyone can participate to some degree. If all the good dueling items go to good duelers, all that happens is the strong get stronger, and the weak get (comparatively) weaker. Maybe not activations per day, but allowed damage per day - that way if someone hits 5000 in one shot, they only use up 1 DP. If someone takes 50 hits to get that same 5000 damage, then yes, they had to work harder - but they are in line for the same reward. That seems fair.

4.) The number of mega-enemies, their hp, damage etc.
Number. There was the idea of having more than one enemy, and players can choose which to attack depending on the reward they wish. Yes, this has the danger of no monsters dieing due to players splitting their dps. It is much simpler if we have only one enemy, but at the end, players can choose from various rewards.
HP. This is a tough question. It is pretty difficult to calculate in advance the dps of the players, how many will be active etc. It is possible that the creature dies in 2 days, or it doesn't in the entire event time and players get nothing. Also don't forget that low level players can deal only a small proportion of high ones. A high level player can deal 10,000 dmg, while a low level can deal 50. A possible solution to this that there are indeed several monsters: each for every 10 level. Players of level 1-10 attack the tier 1 enemy, players of level 11-20 attack the tier 2 enemy, etc. If a group finishes off their opponent, they can attack the next higher level enemy. If there is none, they can attack the ones below. This way everyone fight a creature of their own league, and the monsters damage is in ratio to the players.

I'm certainly fine with a creature for every 5 levels even - you get locked into a creature when the event starts, regardless if you level up. And yes, I like attacking up - but not attacking down. Doing this would somewhat mitigate my counter-point from #3 - although not completely, as the character development differences do still exist, and need to be accommodated - not accentuated.

5.) Alternate (non-fighting) way to participate for soul-energy by building a cage. This is also a nice idea (although I do not believe that there are many pure builder main characters who never fight). There should be one big cage which anyone can build. The building would simply show on the clan panel, and could be built with manaconstrucion or for SE.
If we are worried about this slowing down building of clans, we can make an alternate building way, which can be activated once per day by each player.

To heck with the Clans - during Zankwad, everyone had their Soul Well reduced by half - and nobody really cared. Ultimately, and I keep saying this, if the reward is worth the expense - then you won't have complaints. If I invest 500,000 in building the cage, but get a relic that will allow me to invest 750,000 back in - then it's good for the Clan to promote participation. If it's largely a break-even (like Zankwad was), then participation won't be as strong. Not sure why you would put as a building in each Clan though - because it's a Clan cage - got a global task. ManaCon is also too strong for an event like this, and needs to get mitigated somewhat, since there's no cost to use it, yet massive gains. Those players who don't have ManaCon will be completely left behind. In fact - if you don't want to hurt the Clans, say this cage can ONLY use SE - no ManaCon at all.

6.) Rewards. As you said, there should be reward tiers, based on your performance. The tough job here is compare performance to level. Both dps and building potential are very dependant on level. For this reason, it would be much more simpler to give rewards based on the number of activations. How to work this for the building part - if someone does a manaconstruction with 100% mana, that would count as 1 activation. Building for as much SE as to raise luck by 1 point would count as 3 activation.
There should be rewards for killing, and rewards for building. I will compile a list of these later.

If we use the level system, then this problem largely goes away. As we saw with Zankwad, Activations have their own inherent problems. I activated about 95% of the time. Many others were successful only 50% of the time. As for the ManaCon & Luck points, this is a HORRIBLE idea (sorry), as we all have different values for out next Luck level, and I've blitzed a pile of SE into Magic and ManaCon50 to help my Clan with about 70k per activation. Someone with ManaCon1 and a few thousand SP that contributes 1000 to the build is NOT the same contribution as I make.

7.) i agree with Stekkos that there should be no penalty during this event.

Why not? I think the -AT +DF is quite viable.

8.) Story. Thank you for your great work, Kethios, I will make a few adjustments to ensure it is in harmony with the current world history.

And my story idea is chopped liver. Thanks for that.

9.) Implementation. Currently, we work on patching up the original servers latest developments. This will take some time, as well as starting a new map event. As an estimation, I can say that we can implement the above in January if all goes well.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.11.13. 23:20:37-kor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
37. hozzászólás - 2010.11.15. 13:08:11
Attacking downwards when there are no upwards opponents left is necessary in case the team below you cannot defeat his opponent in time.

The cage will show on the clan page because that's where players can build things, but this will not be clan-related, everyone will build the same cage. About manaconstruction, I meant that performance is not judged by the amount you build, but simply the amount of mana construction activations. This way everyone has the same chance. On the other hand, the SE activation must be tied to something that has an absolute value compared to the character. Luck - which is raised from building anyway - seems the perfect choice.
hatedAngel653922Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
38. hozzászólás - 2011.04.16. 02:57:44
I like it very much. Let's discuss it.
Give up you is not my fault, and the wrong is lack of the money-tiffany jewelry
Never too old to learn tiffany jewelry cheap.
Pontszám: 4
Oldal: 12
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője