Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ChaoticGemini

Dátum: 2011.05.01. 18:55:33
Which civilization did not have a 7-day week?
Ancient Maya <---
Ancient Assyria
Ancient Egypt
Ancient Babylon

This question seemed odd to me, so I starting poking around the web. Here's what I have found so far that makes this question ambiguous:
Ancient Egypt had a 10 day week
ancient Maya used twelve days
For accounting, the Assyrians used a kind of week of five days
Dátum: 2011.05.01. 18:30:17
I understand your point, but it is a matter of opinion and perspective to the events that make it notorious.
The very first item on the wiki page you refer to sates it's "a popular idiom to describe sensational criminal cases."

The Columbine shootings were called the crime of the century in several media reports. I actually wrote an editorial at the time about my fellow media making that opinion early on in news stories. By contrast, I was recently at museum with an entire wing on Lindbergh. They had more newspaper press plates, clippings and reproductions than could possibly be read in a day, but I do not recall a single one (out of several countries papers on display in which I, at least, read the headlines) dubbing it the "crime of the century." The only place I say the phrase was on one of the newsreels they had playing, but that kind of sensationalism is common in newsreels.

Time magazine did a special on the "crimes of the century" in which they came up with 25 items that could be considered and every one of your choices are on their list.
In addition to the 1996 made-for-TV Lindbergh movie you cite, there is also a 1946 American crime drama, a 1979 film based loosely on the Jonestown massacre, and a 1933 thriller.
Dátum: 2011.05.01. 15:24:59
Who is the actor that played Thor in the 2011 movie Thor?

I debated on this one. In the end, I marked it as a spelling error since you are asking about a movie that is only out in Australia. Give it a little more time to be more widely distributed to the international market and I would not have thought twice about accepting this question
Dátum: 2011.05.01. 00:31:55
Which of these is most commonly associated with the phrase "Crime of the Century"?
The kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh's son
The Columbine shootings
The Great Train Robbery of 1963
Jeffrey Dahmer's serial killings

Almost all of these could be considered a "crime of the century"
Dátum: 2011.04.30. 07:13:18
The "Toni" Awards got their name from which early 1900's American theatre performer ?
Antoinette Perry <---
Katharine Cornell
Maurice Evans
Terri "duckbutter" Smith

Spelling error that makes this question wrong:

The "Toni" award is given by a private college in Minesota and named after Antoinette "Toni" Sostek.
The "Tony" award is the slang for the broadway theatre award, Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Theatre
Dátum: 2011.04.24. 08:10:51
The bunnies are back

I like the change of the very nice eggs this year.
Dátum: 2011.04.22. 22:38:02
What was the first city to reach a population of one million?
Beijing
Rome
London
New York

I marked as a spelling error because I wasn't sure how to handle this one and didn't want to penalize the player. Rome is widely believed to be the first, but London is the first with documented fact.
Dátum: 2011.04.20. 13:18:02
Who took part in the 'War of Currents' in the 1880s?
Japan and China
Farmers
Physicists
Oceanographers

Although many titles could be applied to Edison or Westinghouse, I would not include physicist among them.
Dátum: 2011.04.18. 16:27:38
In which two European countries is caraway often used to to flavour breads and pastries ?
Slowenien and Croatia
Germany and Austria
Luxemurg and France
Albania and Serbia

There are more than 2 European countries that use caraway, especially on rye bread.
Dátum: 2011.04.14. 04:21:29
What military force called "God of war"?
aviation
tanks
infantry
artillery

First, the question is not a full sentence. I can't figure out what you are asking. I'm even more clueless after seeing the answer.
Dátum: 2011.04.05. 16:08:34
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.04.05. 03:19:38
Not in FF 3.6 on a Mac. I've heard reports of various (non-DL-related) wonkiness with FF 4.0.

Thanks LittleJon.
Grrr I'm rarely so quick at upgrading browsers. It must just be coincidence that it's this site triggering it. Good news for Beholder, bad news for me.
Dátum: 2011.04.05. 03:11:56
I'm on a mac with Firefox 4.0 and I am experiencing my browser windows going black. I thought I had found the connection to scrolling, but it is now doing it without scrolling. It is only the doomlord site that it is happening on. If I ignore the black window and just open a new one, it will eventually make my whole screen go wonky until I switch out of firefox. If I just leave the black window and go work on another program, it will eventually come back to normal.
Prior to the black windows I was having crashing problems with the smoke off the sword in the banner picture.
Anyone else find any of this happening?
Dátum: 2011.04.03. 06:44:26
According to Benjamin Franklin, beer is proof of what...?
That England can still defeat America at some tasks
That God loves us and want's to be happy <----
That all men can be fools
That electricity flows through a kite string

Another fine example of just because it's on the internet does not mean it's true! According to a letter, he actually did say, "Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

A Chinatown is an ethnic enclave of overseas Chinese people. The chinatown of ____ is the largest in Europe?
Amsterdam
Berlin
Paris
London <----
I know I reported this one before. Largest by what standard? Both Paris and London are touted as the largest and the other cities claim the "largest" something in their chinatowns.
Dátum: 2011.04.01. 20:59:09
Which of these animals does not spit?
Giraffe
Fox <---
Llama
Cobra

How can you say that a fox does not spit?
Dátum: 2011.04.01. 20:00:18
Which city prides itself with the largest ferris wheel in the world?

considering some of these are choice cities, this question needs a date.
London Eye - tallest in 2000 at 135 m
Star of Nanchang tallest in 2006 at 160 m
Singapore Flyer - tallest as of 2008 at 165 m
Dátum: 2011.04.01. 01:26:18
I agree, the April Fool's prank is awesome.
Dátum: 2011.03.31. 19:18:01
What is the dog of Obelix?
Miraculix
Majestix
Falbala
Idefix

This depends on the language you read. The English name "Dogmatix" is not even listed as a choice. I don't recall either name in the German versions I first read, although that was many years ago.
Dátum: 2011.03.30. 21:08:32
Which of these is the highest number?
The number of people who watched the 2011 Superbowl
The number of different 5-card poker hands (with no wild cards)
The diameter of the Earth in meters
The population of the UK as of 2011

I think expecting someone to know or look-up all the unrelated numbers in the brief quiz time is asking a bit too much.
Dátum: 2011.03.30. 21:02:42
Idézet: Furlozza - 2011.03.30. 14:16:36
Just for the fun of it I thought I'd ask a couple of simple questions. Oh and marks the correct answer, just in case you were really wondering.

A)Who has not appeared as Dr Who?

Tom Baker
Sylvestor Stallone
Jon Pertwee
Sylvester McCoy

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
This question is already part of the database.

Given how many folks have played Dr Who... is that possible the EXACT same question is on the DB?

There are several Dr. Who and Stallone questions people would be getting a lot wrong if they could not tell them apart. Also, they don't have to be the EXACT same wording to get the DB rejection. There was even one guy for a while that would submit questions with just one or two words changed and he was getting them rejected too. In this case, there is a question about each of the individual doctors, so an odd one out question does not add anything new. You did not loose credit for already in the database evaluation.

I can't speak for your cricket question rejection. On a personal level, not knowing a thing about cricket, I can say the answer is one of two.
Dátum: 2011.03.25. 19:40:17
“Wushi” contained what poison?
Arsenic
Strychnine
Nightshade
Snake venom

Since I assume you are not asking about Wushi in reference to a place, person or finger hold, I can't even find what it is, let alone what poison it contains.