Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Bug reports
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Bug reports
601. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 03:12:36 (Válasz MartinBV #600 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.25. 22:34:40
Not sure it's a bug, but it seems inconsistent to me: When I increase the Adventure skills skills it does not affect the cost of developing other skills, but when I increase other skills this affects the cost of increasing adventure skills.

That's how it's supposed to be. Oblivion is another one that doesn't increase the cost of developing other skills.

On another note, I noticed something that may or may not be a bug also. Against some players, when I hit with my weapon, I do not get any soul drain, even though their character sheet doesn't show anything with drain soul protection, or just shows the Zombietramplers, which only give 3% protection. Is there anything that gives drain soul protection which does not show up on character sheets?
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
602. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 04:27:48
Relics can do this, like the friendship stone. But if you scry the character you get a list of all his bonuses, including drain protection. Then you can see if you are missing something
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
603. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 04:35:20 (Válasz stekkos #602 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.03.26. 04:27:48
Relics can do this, like the friendship stone. But if you scry the character you get a list of all his bonuses, including drain protection. Then you can see if you are missing something

OK, I just scryed one of the characters. No drain protection showing whatsoever. And yet:

After a quick ruse you attack the undefended torso of ... with your Shadow whip. You deal 199 damage. Friar Tuck, Bucephalus, Fenrir and Jason attacks with a snarl. With 3 attacks they caused 118 damage.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
604. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 08:57:23 (Válasz ImLittleJon #601 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.03.26. 03:12:36
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.25. 22:34:40
Not sure it's a bug, but it seems inconsistent to me: When I increase the Adventure skills skills it does not affect the cost of developing other skills, but when I increase other skills this affects the cost of increasing adventure skills.

That's how it's supposed to be. Oblivion is another one that doesn't increase the cost of developing other skills.

Sorry seems I didn't make my self clear as to what I feel is inconsistent, it's the fact that the time for when I increase the Adventure skills, oblivion, and transplantation in relation to other skills affects how much they cost.

Let's say I increase Climbing from 5 to 10:
If I have 500 "normal" skills and full transplantation it will cost me 21 825 SE
If I have 550 "normal" skills and full transplantation it will cost me 23 700 SE

And yes, I know it's how it's designed to be, but seems odd to me, when the time of adding the 5 extra adventure skills has no bearing on the cost of adding those extra 50 "normal" skills.
Having the Adventure skills in a totally unrelated group not affected by transplantation, but affecting the cost of each other, would seem more logical to me.

Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.03.26. 04:35:20
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.03.26. 04:27:48

OK, I just scryed one of the characters. No drain protection showing whatsoever. And yet:

After a quick ruse you attack the undefended torso of ... with your Shadow whip. You deal 199 damage. Friar Tuck, Bucephalus, Fenrir and Jason attacks with a snarl. With 3 attacks they caused 118 damage.

You can only drain SE if they have SE to drain, so if the character has 0 SE on him/her you will not drain any.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
605. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 11:13:22
Sorry seems I didn't make my self clear as to what I feel is inconsistent, it's the fact that the time for when I increase the Adventure skills, oblivion, and transplantation in relation to other skills affects how much they cost.

Let's say I increase Climbing from 5 to 10:
If I have 500 "normal" skills and full transplantation it will cost me 21 825 SE
If I have 550 "normal" skills and full transplantation it will cost me 23 700 SE

And yes, I know it's how it's designed to be, but seems odd to me, when the time of adding the 5 extra adventure skills has no bearing on the cost of adding those extra 50 "normal" skills.
Having the Adventure skills in a totally unrelated group not affected by transplantation, but affecting the cost of each other, would seem more logical to me.

I agree that is odd, but it is not a bug, but a feature, i.e. that is how it is supposed to work according to the programmer (even if we do not agree with it).

About the Soul-draining: The target have to have SE on them to drain any, and I believe that there is some kind of "max drain per day" (like there is for Creative affinity, see http://doomlord.wikidot.com/skill1), but I can´t find anything about it right now.

As an overall bug I would like to add that many abilities/skills/etc (like Creative affinity, Soul draining) have hidden limitations on them that are not in the official explanations of them. It would be very nice if there could be added an official "Game manual" that explains all abilities/skills/buildings/items/item abilities in a bit more detail.
everyone's favoriteWormtailFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
606. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 14:06:45 (Válasz Sbart #605 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.03.26. 11:13:22

About the Soul-draining: The target have to have SE on them to drain any, and I believe that there is some kind of "max drain per day" (like there is for Creative affinity, see http://doomlord.wikidot.com/skill1), but I can´t find anything about it right now.

As far as I know there is a 20% cap on soul-draining, i.e. you can drain SE in a duel/dim.gate max. 20% of your SE before the fight. Of course this draining may lessen your lootings due your opponent has left lesser SE by the end of the battle, but you will get more SE altogether as you would get without soul-draining.
ImGaviusKlugge
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
607. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 14:33:31 (Válasz MartinBV #604 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.26. 08:57:23
You can only drain SE if they have SE to drain, so if the character has 0 SE on him/her you will not drain any.

That was it, thanks. Anyone know if transcendal projection protects against soul drain too? I.e. if they have, say, 100 SE on them, with a couple of levels of TP, the duel reward will be 0 SE, and I'm guessing they will also be immune from soul drain.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
608. hozzászólás - 2011.03.26. 16:47:21 (Válasz ImLittleJon #607 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.03.26. 14:33:31
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.03.26. 08:57:23

That was it, thanks. Anyone know if transcendal projection protects against soul drain too? I.e. if they have, say, 100 SE on them, with a couple of levels of TP, the duel reward will be 0 SE, and I'm guessing they will also be immune from soul drain.

I´m not sure, but I don´t think so. Numerous times I have drained small amounts with attacks, but then gained nothing from the win. I always interpreted this as the opponent had some SE on them, but enough TP to protect it.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
609. hozzászólás - 2011.03.30. 08:58:59 (Válasz Sbart #608 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.03.26. 16:47:21
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.03.26. 14:33:31

I´m not sure, but I don´t think so. Numerous times I have drained small amounts with attacks, but then gained nothing from the win. I always interpreted this as the opponent had some SE on them, but enough TP to protect it.

It does work on soul drain too. The amount you were able to drain was the part of their SE not protected by TP. That's why you gained nothing at the end of the battle, you simply drained all you could take, so there was nothing left unprotected by the end of the battle.
Doomlord wiki: http://doomlord.wikidot.com

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
Pontszám: 7.50
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
610. hozzászólás - 2011.03.30. 09:55:02 (Válasz quint #609 hozzászólására.)
I was attacked the other day with 0 SE on me, and somehow the attacker still Drained SE from me during the attack. I do not know exactly how that works, but I did find it odd. I do not have Trans Project either. They received 0 SE at the end of the battle as well.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
611. hozzászólás - 2011.03.30. 11:02:50 (Válasz Dolp13 #610 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dolp13 - 2011.03.30. 09:55:02
I was attacked the other day with 0 SE on me, and somehow the attacker still Drained SE from me during the attack. I do not know exactly how that works, but I did find it odd. I do not have Trans Project either. They received 0 SE at the end of the battle as well.

That is not supposed to happen. If they have EH, they gain SE at the end of the battle even if you have 0 SE on you, but they can't drain anything if there's nothing to drain it from. If that is truly what happened, then you might have encountered some bug. Are you sure you didn't get some SE in the meanwhile which you didn't notice, like from the torture chamber or from recommendations?

I need contribution to the list of adventures from anyone who's willing to share information with others. Please help me expand this list.
likedDolp13
Végzetúr poronty
94 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
612. hozzászólás - 2011.03.31. 10:06:54 (Válasz quint #611 hozzászólására.)
Here is the follow battle stats:
She inflicted 251 damage. Stunning blow! (-10 attack) Your opponent drains soul-energy from you! (-60 soul-energy)

She inflicted 308 damage. Critical damage! Your opponent drains soul-energy from you! (-71 soul-energy)

Your opponent wins the battle and steals 0 soul-energy from you
As you can see I lost 131 SE in the fight to drain, and I did not loose any SE at the end. As I stated I do not have trans projection. I cannot look to see if I had 131 on me to start, but I usually do not leave SE on me when people are hitting me.
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
613. hozzászólás - 2011.03.31. 11:31:23 (Válasz Dolp13 #612 hozzászólására.)
I still think you must have had 131 SE on you before the battle. Soul drain has been around for quite some time now, so if there was a bug like this, someone would have surely noticed it by now. If you had that amount of SE, it's normal that she drained it from you, then she took nothing more at the end of the battle since you had nothing left.

much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Black windows?
614. hozzászólás - 2011.04.05. 03:11:56
I'm on a mac with Firefox 4.0 and I am experiencing my browser windows going black. I thought I had found the connection to scrolling, but it is now doing it without scrolling. It is only the doomlord site that it is happening on. If I ignore the black window and just open a new one, it will eventually make my whole screen go wonky until I switch out of firefox. If I just leave the black window and go work on another program, it will eventually come back to normal.
Prior to the black windows I was having crashing problems with the smoke off the sword in the banner picture.
Anyone else find any of this happening?
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Black windows?
615. hozzászólás - 2011.04.05. 03:19:38 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #614 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.04.05. 03:11:56
I'm on a mac with Firefox 4.0 and I am experiencing my browser windows going black. I thought I had found the connection to scrolling, but it is now doing it without scrolling. It is only the doomlord site that it is happening on. If I ignore the black window and just open a new one, it will eventually make my whole screen go wonky until I switch out of firefox. If I just leave the black window and go work on another program, it will eventually come back to normal.
Prior to the black windows I was having crashing problems with the smoke off the sword in the banner picture.
Anyone else find any of this happening?

Not in FF 3.6 on a Mac. I've heard reports of various (non-DL-related) wonkiness with FF 4.0.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Black windows?
616. hozzászólás - 2011.04.05. 16:08:34 (Válasz ImLittleJon #615 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.04.05. 03:19:38
Not in FF 3.6 on a Mac. I've heard reports of various (non-DL-related) wonkiness with FF 4.0.

Thanks LittleJon.
Grrr I'm rarely so quick at upgrading browsers. It must just be coincidence that it's this site triggering it. Good news for Beholder, bad news for me.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
617. hozzászólás - 2011.04.09. 22:36:53
My game has changed the layout to increase abilities/skills. Instead of the usual (+) sign, I have the following text: "It can be trained for xx Soul Energy".
It looks very weird.

Edit: Installed FF4 and it is back to normal.

Cruel.
A hozzászólást Cruel01 módosította 2011.04.10. 00:16:31-kor
much likedquint
Végzetúr poronty
181 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
618. hozzászólás - 2011.04.12. 11:47:22
W2: the AH is missing an item.

hatedAngel653922Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
619. hozzászólás - 2011.04.16. 02:55:25
Your recommends are very important
Give up you is not my fault, and the wrong is lack of the money-tiffany jewelry
Never too old to learn tiffany jewelry cheap.
Pontszám: 4
irritatingMaintzununFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
620. hozzászólás - 2011.04.17. 20:50:55
In World 2 English, an Auction was run for 10 AA points.
I (maintzunun) bid around 157 Ducats and when i woke up the next day, the Auction had simply vanished, however i was not credited with the Alternate Advancement points, or given my Ducats back
This is the message everybody got in the "world events" tab

Today, 00:01 won on the auction the following item: Faster development for 0 golden ducats.

Could you please have a look at this bug, and amend it accordingly either giving me back my Ducats, or awarding me the AA points i deserved. Thanks in advance
Maintzunun
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!