Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - manunkind

Dátum: 2011.01.14. 04:28:42
meh, i don't interpret 1 second literally.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 22:37:28
oh! so you're suggesting that the temporary suspension might BE the decision rather than a hold while they make the decision. interesting. if so, they should simply announce the length, so we can all stop speculating.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 19:49:18
every 20 seconds would give pretty decent odds of hitting someone seemingly the second they exited safety. so, if true, why is the suspension just temporary?
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 19:03:21
i am not my position. i'm trying to approach this as a problem separate from my allegiances. if you're telling me it happened once, i'm not impressed that it's cheating. if you're telling me it's happened multiple times, it'd take a tremendous amount of diligence on the part of the attacker. if you're telling me it's happening every time, it's certainly very suspicious. and assuming you're truthful, i would expect the admins to give it a hard look. what i don't understand is why months of logs didn't result in a more definitive decision and announcement one way or the other. that's what's prolonging this unpleasantness.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 18:20:14
while that kind of precision is certainly possible on occasion with a bit of luck, it's unlikely to occur with regularity without 3rd party assistance.
...perhaps there's a traitor in your clan.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 05:20:22
V3nG3nC3X, isn't the slogan: "Made from the Best Stuff on Earth"?
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 05:16:12
Thucydides, isn't the quote: "We have met the enemy, and he is us"?
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 22:57:54
this shouldn't be about "your people" and "my people." this should be about honest play and dishonest play. is it not revealing that all of the posts in support of the player-in-question seem to be members of that player's clan, and all of the posts making accusations are not? whichever side you find yourself on, i'd ask that you look hard into your motives.
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 21:42:31
alright, what am i missing here? how is this ambiguous or wrong?

According to the proverb, there's more than one way to skin which animal?

deer
dog
seal
*cat
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 21:24:54
lol, alright. i concede the point. my apologies.
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 19:24:58
d00ml0rd, 6 words into that post, you call a whole slew of players "dorks". i'm not sure why you persist in namecalling, but i can assure you that the credibility of anything written after the 6th word of your post has been compromised.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 22:00:31
some observations:

1) the namecalling needs to stop. period. we can discuss the matter respectfully or not at all.

2) it is evident from the description in Miklos's post that the suspected breach is the third one, third party software. that explains the hesitation in an administrative decision.

3) the investigation is going on too long. if there is not sufficient evidence, free Piggy. if there is sufficient evidence, take appropriate action. the lengthy investigation is cruel and unusual. if Piggy is not guilty, this is hugely unfair. passively allowing a temp suspension to resolve the matter by default is ethically wrong.

4) it's difficult to accuse someone of cheating who's beating you without sounding like sour grapes. none of us 'know' for certain what Piggy did or didn't do. i know that i don't know of any cheating, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't have occurred. D00mlord, you reveal your bias by saying you concluded 6 months ago.
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 14:57:23
(i'll judge you on your own merit. )
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 05:26:03
*smacks forehead* Viridel, you're right!
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 17:49:47
Viridel, our clan appreciates dueling success. we both recruit and collaborate with that in mind. our horde bonus gives us an advantage in said category. i don't find it very interesting at all that we've a disproportionate number of players ranked highly in the category. i find it logical - just as logical as the sting of an emerald's spell.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 17:31:14
isn't the walk-softly-but-carry-a-big-stick quote sufficiently well-known? why was this question regarded as ambiguous/wrong?

According to Theodore Roosevelt, how should one walk while carrying a big stick?

confidently
authoritatively
softly
backwards
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 17:46:08
i know MsPiggy from another game. we met as competitors. no doubt she's aggressive and unapologetic about it, but she's also always civilized. she recruited me for doomlord well after the game had begun, so i got a late start. she gave me some tips about how to uliitize the information legally available to all. despite not methodically following her advice, i've accidentally become one of the more successful duelers. it's no surprise to me to see her excel, nor is it a surprise to me that her new competitors question how she does it, as i once did. i'm not aware of any cheating on her part - merely out-smarting and disciplined play. if there's no evidence of wrongdoing, the suspension needs to be lifted.
Dátum: 2010.12.16. 19:44:20
a question asks which book in the bible is after genesis, but ALL of the books in the bible are after genesis. the question does not ask which directly follows genesis.

a question asks how many seasons of dragon ball z are there. if questions about comics are prohibited because they are known only to a special group, then it seems pretty unreasonable to ask everyone to know the number of seasons of a cohort-specific anime. this is not general knowledge.
Dátum: 2010.11.25. 14:13:49
what's ambiguous or wrong about these answers? thanks.

According to the proverb, what happens when you lie down with dogs?

You get a good night's rest.
You are safe from predators.
You may smell a bit.
You wake up with fleas.
Dátum: 2010.11.22. 20:34:08
*scratches head* that was it. thanks, ChaoticGemini. i think our evaluators need some new feedback options.