Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Hrus

Oldal: 1234
Dátum: 2010.02.08. 12:44:04
@stekkos: regarding the hunts, you can easily get huge and greater monsters giving around the same.
A same monster on the same level of SM gives an amount of SE between X and 2X
greater makes it 1.5*(X..2X), huge makes it 2*(X..2X), so while greater ranges from 1.5*X to 3*X, huge ranges from 2X to 4X so the difference is not as big and greater can give you more SE than huge quite often (relatively).
You might have been only stucked at bad values from huge monsters.

This is observed from my statistics list (I keep almost all the hunts in a special excel spreadsheet with the appropriate values of SM, Luck and Lvl)
Dátum: 2010.02.04. 09:32:28
Idézet: Dreamcatcher8484 - 2010.02.04. 00:36:54
wot is the infection i keep reading about

From lvl 20 (I think?) there will be a special folder in your misc tab. Each time you reach a lvl from that time, you have a short time (1 day?) to fight the infection (it costs SE). If you will fight the infection, it will be lessened by 1%, otherwise, it will grow by 1%. It starts on 50%.
If you are 100% infected, you can fight all the doomlords even those of your horde (excluding your clanmates).
If you are 0% infected, You have got +5 for your all ability, with the mind boost you can have 1 more skills than the maximum, and you can loot more SE from the infected characters with the different in your infection percent and his/her percent.

I didn't play on a hungarian server, so if it has some other perks I don't know of, somebody correct me.
Dátum: 2010.02.03. 15:02:48
First, next time ask in the appropriate thread (quiz->My quiz question was rejected)
Second I am not a history expert, but from what I knew/found in wiki, the war was fought between US and UK. Canada was only a bunch of provinces of UK in that time, the state of Canada was established much later.
Dátum: 2009.12.25. 19:38:30
How is duration of basketball match divided?

This q has two possible good answers depending on which competition is played.
NBA - 4 quarters
most of the other competitions including world championship - 2 halves.
Dátum: 2009.12.19. 17:08:39
In a War Archive when I click "Details" next to a war, I get HTTP 404 error - page not found.
Dátum: 2009.12.17. 07:53:34
- Acceleration options can be purchased now for 50 ancients stones as well. Those who purchased them for 200 APts may now opt to exchange back the APts for the stones.

I guess there should be an appropriate option in the misc / acceleration menu, but I don't have it there.
Valkyrie was it there for you?
Dátum: 2009.12.16. 21:04:01
It's suspicious that 1st and 2nd are lvl 1 characters. And an "old player quitting, then restarting" - well, old player doesn't know fresh questions - so he has to be a current player. Creating a second character is against the rules and I smell something rotten here. And it might be possible that some player made a lot of new characters and then answered the quiz without looking up the answers with them until he was successful. Might be something to look at for admins.
Dátum: 2009.12.16. 10:53:52
On the other hand wasn't the time of previous winners like 450 seconds? (not that it's totally impossible if you know the questions really well and don't have to search for anything and maybe gamble a little bit few times...)
Dátum: 2009.12.16. 10:49:48
@Valkyrie:
bogeyman - though I saw the film (and the answer is obvious then), I found it in about 5 secs on wiki (in "Gone in 60 seconds" article)
Philippe de Lannoy - entered in wiki search and the first result is a "Delano family" where the first sentence is about Philippe de Lannoy and Frank "Delano" Roosevelt being his descendant.

so it's not hard to find the answers.

But I agree that they are little bit too specific. But as a fan of movies, the first one I really like.

@Boar: the fact that you don't read or you are too young doesn't mean that "who wrote what" is not a part of general knowledge. Most of the questions are really basic literature knowledge and/or they are about sci-fi/fantasy. And face it most of the fans of fantasy RPG game are probably fans of fantasy/sci-fi genre. And yes, knowing how to find an information on internet is really important in real life too. So don't whine about google/wiki contest.
Dátum: 2009.12.03. 08:43:37
What I don't understand is how the soul-energy squeeze is computed.
I had a soul-squeezing lvl 20 which should gave me bonus of +400%, but I squeezed 1161, 1234, 943 SE - suggesting that the base is not an integer number. (Base should be 232.2, 246.8, 188.6 for these examples)
Dátum: 2009.12.03. 08:39:29
Dexi, did you include the spectral manipulation bonus?
From my observations, the formula is:

Hunted SE = Round(BASE_SE*SM_BON*ANSW_BON)

where
BASE_SE - is randomly determined based on type of monster and prefix
SM_BON is (1+0.01*spectral manipulation lvl)
ANSW_BON is 1.1 if you answered the question right, 1 if wrong
Round is classic rounding function

Note that there is only one rounding in the formula....

The bonus for answering the question displayed at the hunt log is probably counted separatly.
Try if the formula is right with your spectral manipulation lvl.
Dátum: 2009.10.27. 12:13:39
@Stekkos: IMHO this is the prime example of "negative" question. A lot of people (including me after the first read) will answer Ice, because they are just lazy to read the question properly (or because the association of the penguins - ice). Only those kind of questions get more than 75% wrong answers imho.
Dátum: 2009.10.13. 15:47:44
It seems like someone reads too much of Dan Brown's books
Dátum: 2009.10.02. 06:12:56
Idézet: Spin - 2009.10.01. 02:35:53
What is the samovar?

Hungarian footwear
Italian castle
traditional Russian water heater
traditional Greek food

This question is far too specific. Only a select group of people would know this.

I think it's quite normal qestion, I know what a samovar is and I am not a Russian and I am not a quiz king or anything.
Personally I am fed up by questions from american history. Some of them are really ridiculous. Like the one with an unimportant predecessor to one of the presidents...

Another question doesn't make sense:
There are four real crows on the tree, if you shoot them, how many are left on the tree?

I think the creator made an error and wanted to write "if you shoot one". Then the question makes more sense. (I thing I heard similar question with birds before...)
Dátum: 2009.09.17. 08:15:28
Idézet: Mosquito665 - 2009.09.14. 19:06:45
Could be a stupid question. I typed "most popular languages" to google. The very first site said this (http://geography.about.com/od/culturalgeography/a/10languages.htm):

Aug 23 2007
Here's a listing of the ten most popular languages spoken worldwide, along with the approximate number of primary or first language speakers for that language.

1. Mandarin Chinese - 882 million
2. Spanish - 325 million
3. English - 312-380 million
4. Arabic - 206-422 million
5. Hindi - 181 million
6. Portuguese - 178 million
7. Bengali - 173 million
8. Russian - 146 million
9. Japanese - 128 million
10. German - 96 million

The 2nd site (http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0775272.html):

Mandarin Chinese tops the list of most popular world languages, with over a billion speakers. English trails in third place, with just over 320 million speakers. This data includes all speakers of the languages, not only native speakers.

Both seem to be an american site. Time to blame them

This seams odd to me. Having 300 mil. people in USA and 50 mil. people in England and knowing that English is usually the main foreign language taught on schools all over Europe at least (well, it's at least the main second language almost all over the world and main language on internet...) I don't think the number is correct. The other thing is if it is enough to overcome the mandarine language, but still...
Oldal: 1234